* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Bleek » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:27 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:This is literally the worst day of my life unless we find him. This morning my sister accidentally went outside with Peanut on her head without her knowing. She brushed her head and he flew off, and we've been looking for him for hours and hours and hours, but there's no trace of him, I'm so scared. He's never been outside for this long and we have no idea where he might be. We have asked our neighbors but they don't know...

Oh no! this is terrible :( I truly hope that you will find him or he will find you, I'm very sorry this had to happen to u on Christmas eve too. :(

to all of us
─────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐

G'day

Pm

└───────────────────┘
─────────────────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─────────────────────
we can understand

Bleek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:45 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:This is liteally the worst day of my life unless we find him. This morning my sister accidentally went outside with Peanut on her head without her knowing. She brushed her head and he flew off, and we've been looking for him for hours and hoyrs and hours, but there's no trace of him, I'm so scared. He's never been outside for this long and we have no idea where he might be. We have asked our neighbours but they don't know...
I relate so badly with this. I so, so hope you find him! :c
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zaz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:48 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:This is liteally the worst day of my life unless we find him. This morning my sister accidentally went outside with Peanut on her head without her knowing. She brushed her head and he flew off, and we've been looking for him for hours and hoyrs and hours, but there's no trace of him, I'm so scared. He's never been outside for this long and we have no idea where he might be. We have asked our neighbours but they don't know...

I’m so sorry, my heart aches for you :( I hope you find him!
zaz ♦ she/they ♦ <3

buttermilks
ImageImageImage
zaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you so much everyone! C,:

Anyway, today something happened with my dad that was quite out of character..

He said "We should start thinking of getting a new budgie."
And in my head I was like WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEANUT AND YOU WOULD KEEP SEARCHING FOR HIM, NOT JUST REPLACE HIM WITH ANOTHER!!
But he also said that he wanted a companion and Peanut, he said, was "gone".

So my nan called her friend/friend's relative called Terry who is a breeder and my dad wants to look at his male juveniles tomorrow, since me, my sister and my mum are going to Japan the day after.

I can't decide whether I am
A) shocked
B) mad
C) thrilled

My dad is hoping to get another budgie (though as I said, it's weird because he was the most attached to Peanut). I am hoping to find Peanut and maybe get another budgie too....
My sister is vague about the whole thing but I know that she wants Peanut back. My mum isn't ready for another budgie and really wants Peanut to come back.
Oh, I don't know.....

Also, today my mum said to my dad, "I hope Peanut is dead." This was a real pain to hear, though I know she said it because she didn't want him to starve or suffer or anything like that but it hurts....

So, I dunno, I just thought I might get it out.
My dad's also wondering whether he shoukd get this new budgie that he soeaks of before or after me and my sister and mum go to Japan. Personally if we get it (gonna be a him), I want him to be bought afterwards because, well, this is a little selfish but I don't really want my dad to be bonding with him for a full two and a half weeks and not the rest of us...
Plus he needs to get used to us all when (if) the new budgie comes home.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:05 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Thank you so much everyone! C,:

And in my head I was like WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED PEANUT AND YOU WOULD KEEP SEARCHING FOR HIM, NOT JUST REPLACE HIM WITH ANOTHER!!
So my nan called her friend/friend's relative called Terry who is a breeder and my dad wants to look at his male juveniles tomorrow, since me, my sister and my mum are going to Japan the day after.

A) shocked
B) mad
C) thrilled

My dad is hoping to get another budgie (though as I said, it's weird because he was the most attached to Peanut). I am hoping to find Peanut and maybe get another budgie too....
My sister is vague about the whole thing but I know that she wants Peanut back. My mum isn't ready for another budgie and really wants Peanut to come back.
Oh, I don't know.....

Also, today my mum said to my dad, "I hope Peanut is dead." This was a real pain to hear, though I know she said it because she didn't want him to starve or suffer or anything like that but it hurts....

My dad's also wondering whether he shoukd get this new budgie that he soeaks of before or after me and my sister and mum go to Japan. Personally if we get it (gonna be a him), I want him to be bought afterwards because, well, this is a little selfish but I don't really want my dad to be bonding with him for a full two and a half weeks and not the rest of us...

hmmmm.not sure what to think of this...but you also do seem to want to get a new one
...and to your dad...im not sure, but could it be that your dad found him, and does not want to tell you so your family trip will not be a sad one but tha you all have fun and good time...maybe talk with him alone...

and when not found, put up a notice around your area with a missing pic..
and look high in the trees, when he was never outside he will be full of fear and trys to hide, but he also could be up in trees of neighbors...best is to look in the dark, his eyes and feather should e easy to spot with a light

put out water and dood and a small cage so that he can get in but no cat or such can get inside.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Luzien wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:Thank you so much everyone! C,:

A) shocked
B) mad
C) thrilled

Oh, I don't know.....

hmmmm.not sure what to think of this...but you also do seem to want to get a new one
...and to your dad...im not sure, but could it be that your dad found him, and does not want to tell you so your family trip will not be a sad one but tha you all have fun and good time...maybe talk with him alone...

and when not found, put up a notice around your area with a missing pic..
and look high in the trees, when he was never outside he will be full of fear and trys to hide, but he also could be up in trees of neighbors...best is to look in the dark, his eyes and feather should e easy to spot with a light

put out water and dood and a small cage so that he can get in but no cat or such can get inside.

C: Thank you for this~!

-----
Also, just another question. Do you think cockatiels are noisy? Because my nan says that they are, my dad says they're too quiet and overall my mum would rather have a cockatiel than a budgie.
Any cockatiel owners out there? Also, we won't be having it in a pair or anything. Just a companion ^^
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:43 pm

@ LeiaWolfe
they can be...real noisy....but i think from what i did see , they are more calm when they are two birds,with aviary or atleast big cage and free time out in the room to fly around and things to do. Dont ever get only one, and to small cage are no good with birds like them (alright this goes for every pet^^). Most who i know(3 owner i did know over the last years) are in a 2x2x1m cage atleast..or outside all day with a play-birdgym tree or birdroom, and going in there cage over night.
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emjayy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:53 pm

I have one who is really quiet and one who screams the house down daily.. she drives me crazy and wakes me up soooo early. I guess they differ

roses, reasons, gay best friend.
♡ art by the clockwork cat
♡ complete item collection - 29/12/19
♡ complete pet collection - 09/01/20 (lol help i'm missing recents)
emjayy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm

One of my grandmas old cockatiels was crazy loud. He wasn't unhappy or unhealthy or anything, just enjoyed hearing himself scream. It varies from bird to bird
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woospuss » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:11 pm

My cockatiel is very loud when I hang the cage outside, she likes to run around the cage and screech at the top of her lungs for the first half hour (she gets excited about going outside) then settles down and will make quieter chirps and whistles. She likes to try call back to the wild birds and gets super excited and loud when she can hear them. My budgie on the other hand (who shares a cage with the tiel) is always chirping away but is much quieter!
woospuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me