Duolingo

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Duolingo

Postby ojoku » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Duolingo is wonderful! I use it in tandem with memrise, which features videos of people speaking the language. Together, I've seen my comprehension in French and Vietnamese absolutely skyrocket! It all started with Duo <3

Add me here if you like!
    ❥❥ OJOKU
    read, learn, travel
    teen nomad girl
    pro-love, pro-choice
came for the pets, stayed for the friends.
into everything about taking part in art
will update w links c: thanks for being' alive

ojoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotted.Newt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 am

I tried Duolingo for Spanish, but found it to have a lot of errors. Meaning, I would write the correct translation, and it would mark my answer wrong and then say the solution, which would be exactly what I wrote. It would also mark my answers wrong if I forgot a period, or wrote a similar translation (eg: don't vs do not) that was still correct but not exactly what the app wanted. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also found that Duolingo dropped the "the" before nouns, which (at least in Spain) isn't done. So, I suppose I just don't trust Duolingo for Spanish. But I'm glad it is helpful to so many people. c:
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Love like I'm not scared,
Give when it's not fair,
Live life for another,
Take time for a brother,
Fight for the weak ones,
Speak out for freedom,
Find faith in the battle,
Stand tall but above it all,
Fix my eyes on You.
~For King & Country

I am also known as Griffin.Song.
Spotted.Newt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muskox » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:56 pm

Spotted.Newt wrote:I tried Duolingo for Spanish, but found it to have a lot of errors. Meaning, I would write the correct translation, and it would mark my answer wrong and then say the solution, which would be exactly what I wrote. It would also mark my answers wrong if I forgot a period, or wrote a similar translation (eg: don't vs do not) that was still correct but not exactly what the app wanted. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also found that Duolingo dropped the "the" before nouns, which (at least in Spain) isn't done. So, I suppose I just don't trust Duolingo for Spanish. But I'm glad it is helpful to so many people. c:

thats werid when i used duolingo it wouldnt correct punctuation mistakes (it wouldnt count contractions like you said tho). i recommend using the web browser version instead of the app, because it doesn't have the health bar thing and its less glitchy.
muskox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chikcensmoothie » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

duo is amazing <333
hey
chikcensmoothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huddson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 am

oi! i'm currently using duolingo to learn portuguese, and the club system has personally been amazing for me as i'm rather competitive. i highly recommend it
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby partly cloudy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:39 am

ahh i use duo for learning Norwegian (its a really cool language, i recommend it!) hoping to travel to norway soon!
Image Image Image Image
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _40_ people.
I have received _14_ gifts.
partly cloudy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crumbledtower » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

I love Duolingo! They also have a podcast (for Spanish, at least) if you haven't checked it out.
crumbledtower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noch » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:15 pm

ahh reading this thread made me realize that i gotta get back on and practice!
    i very much agree that duolingo is a really effective language-learning site - i've been using it for four years now and i haven't seen another website like it (that was free) during my entire journey! it really is a wonderful website : )
    if you'd like to find me, i'm here!
noch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Motty » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm

I just started trying to learn Hindi on Duolingo. But I also got a book on it from my library cause it Duo doesn't explain the subtle differences in the sounds when it expects you to be able to hear it.
Motty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ぽうひ » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 pm

what do you know; i start using duolingo again today and this thread pops up...

arggggh japanese is really rough! so many things that sound the same... but i guess english is like that too
but at least its working... i can get a few things out, i really like duolingo and i hope i can see it through til the end D:

お名前はぽうひですか。私は学生です。
such a simple sentence, but maybe someone who is also learning japanese can read it? :b
hiiiii call me pouhi
any prns
Image <- click for my   page
mostly just here for forums + oekaki

ImageImageImageImageImage

v say hi to my rhat army v

ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
ぽうひ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me