String Instrument Enthusiasts

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

String Instrument Enthusiasts

Postby gasp » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:52 pm

After a bit of digging and poking around, I couldn't find a club specifically geared towards guitars or even string instruments! I found one for ukuleles, however I would love to be able to discuss the broad category of string instruments, whether it be guitar, harp, mandolin, violin, and so much more!

Before creating guidelines and all of that, I would like to see who would be interested in the idea of discussing string instruments! You do not have to be able to play one to be able to discuss, everybody is welcome! I was thinking we could ask questions, provide tabs for one another, teach each other techniques, or just talk about any type of music we are passionate about playing.

I have provided a form below to get us started, and if enough people are interested, I can make this official!

Code: Select all
[b]Username/what you would like to be called:[/b]
[b]Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?:[/b]
[b]If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?:[/b]
[b]Any string instrument you would like to learn?:[/b]
[b]Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?):[/b]
[b]Anything else you would like us to know?:[/b]
Last edited by gasp on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: String Instrument Enthusiasts

Postby gasp » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Username/what you would like to be called: Granger
Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: I play the ukulele and acoustic + electric guitar
If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: I have been playing guitar for about 3 years and ukulele for only a few months! I used to go over to my friend's house and play hers, but I just got my own for christmas :) (we opened gifts early because we are going on vacation!)
Any string instrument you would like to learn?: I would love to learn the bass and the harp!
Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): I was attending a summer camp as a "counselor in training" for younger children a few years prior, and one of the older counselors brought her guitar and would play for the children every night by the campfire. We would all sing along and it was the most beautiful experience; everybody was so close and equal at that moment, we were all just swaying to the music and enjoying it. That is when I knew I was determined to learn the guitar!
Anything else you would like us to know?: I am extremely passionate about playing and listening to music; I believe it is the most beautiful way to connect people. I hope to meet others with similar passions!
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheDisturbedPigeon » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:45 am

Username/what you would like to be called: Opposite_Day_Happy
Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: yes, I play Uke, Guitar, and Bass Guitar
If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: about 5 years for uke,3 for guitar, and 2 for Bass
Any string instrument you would like to learn?: Cello
Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): i love music in general! I not only play string instruments, but a couple woodwinds and the piano, so I would say that my experience with musical instruments has always been fun and interesting!! I started learning music at around 5 on the piano with my grandmother
Anything else you would like us to know?: I have learned all but two of my instruments by hearing and seeing! I can't read music for most instruments!
Last edited by TheDisturbedPigeon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

they/them

"Normal is an illusion;
What is normal for the spider
is chaos for the fly"
-Morticia Addams

TheDisturbedPigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Feeding The Void » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:14 am

Username/what you would like to be called: Feeding The Void but you can call me Dom
Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: violin
If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: I believe i started around last January
Any string instrument you would like to learn?: all of the sudden I have this weird fascination with the cello but I'm just going to continue with violin
Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): One year ago I started playing music by joining my school's band as a percussionist. I then developed an interest in violin and asked my parents for lessons. I've been taking them for a year and I'm learning with the Suzuki method.
Anything else you would like us to know?:
instead of practicing the Suzuki song my teacher gave me I've been playing songs from various musicals.

It’s easy to change if you give it your a•tten•tion
All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be
Sincerely, Me

Feeding The Void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Username/what you would like to be called: Rose
Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: I play violin and I HAVE a guitar that I need to learn how to play.
If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: I've been playing violin for about four or five months (just enough to stop squealing!!)
Any string instrument you would like to learn?: ...Guitar.
Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): I've always been into music, but I didn't take up an instrument until I realized that I was the only one out of all of my friends who didn't play an instrument. Peer pressure is great, guys.
Anything else you would like us to know?: Nah

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoub » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Username/what you would like to be called: zoub
Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: cello and guitar
If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: 4 years cello, 2 years guitar
Any string instrument you would like to learn?: nope
Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): i just learned because my mom told me to lol but i thought it was fun
Anything else you would like us to know?: nope
zoub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zaz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Username/what you would like to be called: kitana, call me kit!!
    Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: guitar
    If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: well, I was always surrounded by guitars when I was a kid and played casually but I only actually started to do it recently
    Any string instrument you would like to learn?: ukulele
    Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): like I said, I always grew up with them and they remind me of my childhood :)
    Anything else you would like us to know?: nope!
zaz ♦ she/they ♦ <3

buttermilks
ImageImageImage
zaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ojoku » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:58 am

Username/what you would like to be called: hedgehogseatsoup // call me hedgie ^^
    Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: lyre harp, and previously, double bass
    If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: lyre for a few months, double bass for four/five years
    Any string instrument you would like to learn?: I'd like to get back into bass, and maybe pick up guitar. I really want to learn banjo!
    Can you describe your experience with music/instruments?: Fifth grade band I played the cello and fell in love, but I got moved to the bass section because we didn't have any basses and the teacher thought I could handle it! I played for years, then gave it up in favor of acting or modeling, but I've recently been making music again <3 my lovely lovely boyfriend helps, he plays piano and violin so we play well together
    Anything else you would like us to know?: making music has become my therapy - i used to dance, but after an injury, i found myself extremely depressed i could no longer tell story using my body. when i found the lyre, i realized there's a whole world that i had been ignoring. anyone who wants to discuss music, dance, etc. is more than welcome to message me!
    ❥❥ OJOKU
    read, learn, travel
    teen nomad girl
    pro-love, pro-choice
came for the pets, stayed for the friends.
into everything about taking part in art
will update w links c: thanks for being' alive

ojoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whim » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Username/what you would like to be called: whim! you can just call me that c:
    Do you play a string instrument? If so, what instrument(s)?: yes!! Cello is my main instrument! and the best I know a tiny bit of ukulele as well.
    If you answered yes above, how long have you been playing?: I've been playing the cello for 6 years now, and ukulele for only a year or so.
    Any string instrument you would like to learn?: Violin and upright bass.
    Can you describe your experience with music/instruments? (Ex: When/how did you discover you love them?): I started playing cello in sixth grade, and really only played it casually (which I regret not getting serious sooner!) Then in eight grade summer I decided to start lessons for high school, and since that moment I've discovered my love for the cello and hope to continue playing even after school, though I won't be pursuing music as a career. I started from the lowest orchestra at my school, and now I am in the top orchestra!
    Anything else you would like us to know?: not necessarily, but I'm happy that there's a club for this now and hope to get to know all of you!
whim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me