Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[CASTREALM] an RPG adopt! (DISCORD!) by doktor monty

Artist doktor monty [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
57 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

[CASTREALM] an RPG adopt! (DISCORD!)

Postby doktor monty » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:00 pm

An RPG and adopt game

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Welcome to Castrealm!
A fantasy game made by passionate creators
Good luck

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

ImagexxThis is an d&d inspired game filled with a deep history, quests, and an epic world for you to explore. Just like any rpg you are given stats to manage, and items to buy and sell. You can even interact with other CS players of Castrealm, whether it be trading, questing, or gambling.
    But be careful! Creatures lurk in the dark. Inspired by folklore of different cultures, they are available for you to adopt, but with a catch. As an adventurer yourself, you have the task of seeking out these monsters and sealing them away for good!
    READ THE RULES OF THE GAME BEFORE YOU BEGIN

Last edited by doktor monty on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 26 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Basics]

Starting Stats wrote:[Username Here]
    Health | Hunger | Sanity
    50 | 40 | 45
    Moral Level: 0

ImagexxYour stats are what you must look out for the most. If any of these reach 0, you will suffer relating consequences, so make sure to care for yourself! As a beginner, you start out with the stats displayed to the right. You can equip items, consume magical items, or get drops to increase your max stat level. Whenever you are entering in a competition paste your character stats along with your form.
    The starting code is below
    Code: Select all
    [right][quote="Stats"][Username Here]
    Health | Hunger | Sanity
    50 | 40 |45
    Moral Level: 0[/quote][/right]

Health: This is your simple hp, or hit points to those who live under a rock. You can lose hit points by being injured in a challenge. This can include being poisoned, hit, etc. by a spirit. To replenish your health, you can drink potions, rest, or consume food. When at full hunger, your health will go up by one every day until you hit max.
    example wrote: The ghost jumped for [player name here]. They suffer 5 points of damage!

Those who reach 0 health are given a second chance at life, removed from the game for a short period of time (intensive care), but can return after a week. If you hit 0 more than 5 individual times, you will lose all progress in the game (you can keep your adopts).

Hunger: You can lose hunger by preforming tasks- the specific amount you lose per interaction is always listed. You can replenish your hunger buy eating (duh). But where do you get said food, you say? Editable items can be found by getting drops (click to learn about drops), bought from the market, or given to you by other players. To eat an item, you must post a form in the records.
    example wrote: You've heard the spirit of a mother lives in this forest, do you explore it?
    It costs 5 hunger to enter for this adopt

example wrote: [Player name here] consumed the leg of meat, replenishing 10 points of hunger!

if you reach 0 hunger, your health will go down by 1 every day until you eat something and regain it.

Sanity: Sanity is not always included in a game, so some may be unfamiliar. You can lose sanity by the choices you make to have a spirit encounter. You can replenish your sanity by wearing certain items, entering a guild, resting or consuming certain foods.
    example wrote: The figure shifts towards you, do you stay put, or run?
    It costs 10 sanity to enter for this adopt

Yes, to stay put may cost your sanity, but you can now enter the competition. This does not mean you will win, it only means you can enter for the adopt. You can not regain your sanity if you do not win.

if you reach 0 sanity, you will randomly make decisions you would not make otherwise. This could cost you random stat points you didn't want to expend in the first place.

Moral: Moral is not a bar you can fill, this is a sliding scale from -100 to 100. Depending on the choices you make, your moral will change. Make sure to keep track of this, it is important!
      This is the best you can be, the most chivalrous in all society and the good of all good. Players who reach 100 on their moral scale can bargain with good alignment npcs at the tavern, and can be unaffected by negative moral decisions (if they want to).
      players who reach a 100 moral receive the following buffs:
      - wip

This is the worst you can be, the evil of society and the worst of the worst. Players who reach -100 on their moral scale can bargain with evil alignment npcs at the tavern, and can be unaffected by positive moral decisions (if they want to).
      players who reach a -100 moral receive the following buffs:
      - wip

And sometimes if effects varying stats
    example wrote:Ghost1 consumes 1 sanity per day.
    Ghost2 consumes 2 hunger per day.

Certain ghosts you have bound to yourself (go to "About Monsters" to learn about bonding) will cost you stat points, depending on the spirit. It all varies, though, so check the characteristics of the adopt before you try out for it- you may regret it!

ImagexxThe monsters you seek are not a physical being like you might think, no, they are not like the mythical giants and goblins you have heard of before in fairy tales. These monsters are spirits- demons- that haunt the realm with an unrivaled thirst for revenge on the living. They resemble folklore, each with a special story they were created from.
    The only way to rid the world of these beings is to seal them within yourself, to bond them with your own spirit.

Bonding: This is the "pokeball" of Castrealm. You bond your own spirit with those you adopt, or capture, as we refer to it within the game- think of it as stitching you and the adopt together. You can give your monsters away by trading, gifting, or releasing. All of these require you to undo the bond between yourself and the spirit. To undo a bond, click the "records" tab above!

ImagexxSo, want to try your chances at playing Castrealm? Then let's get started, shall we?

Character Creation: To start out, your username should match the one you use on CS. From there you can create your adventurer! Create anything you'd like, it doesn't have to resemble you at all. Characters can be any species you like, your player model is free to be customized to any extent. Though, having character with powers is not allowed, it adds another layer of statistics that we can't handle right now. You could even make yourself a little character icon, I would just suggest making it 100x100 or even smaller.

Trying out for Adopts: In the game, adopting is usually referred to as "capturing" or "bonding" with the spirit you've won. To try out for an adopt, click the adventure tab!
    To try out for an adopt, you must sacrifice some of your health, hunger, or sanity.

Other places you can go: You can do a little snooping around if you'd like, in places such as the guild hall, tavern, market, and records.
    They all serve a purpose to refilling your stats and communicating with others, so check 'em out!

Last edited by doktor monty on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Q&A]

What's intensive care?
    Intensive care is the place where you go when you hit 0 health. What this means is that you are disabled from the game for a week, and cannot try to claim any spirits durring this time.
    You can still chat, buy, and sell items.
    But it's free, unlike buying health potions so don't overlook it.

What are drops?
    You have a chance of getting a drop whenever you try out for an adopt, whether you win or not. Drops can range from leaves and twigs, to magical items that you can equip and use! Usually the runner ups of the competition get drops, but others will randomly get them as well. You can trade/gift your drops.

Are there rarities within Castrealm?
    Yes! Though uncommon, if the encountered spirit is powerful enough, it will be considered rare, or maybe even legendary. Those two categories are the only ones known, but who knows what else might lurk in the dark?
    Items also have rarities to them, and will be stated so on the ticket you receive.

And how are you going to monitor/limit a characters actions?
    Please refer to places that require such actions, such as the marketplace. The links to those are on the tabs above.

When will you be opening a search for mods and archivists?
    I am always looking for people to help out. If you'd like to help me, please PM me. Past experiences not required to be a mod, but tell me if you have been a mod/archivist before.

Are there classes? I.e monk, barbarian, warrior, druid, etc.?
    Sadly, no classes have been added yet, but are being developed. Maybe they'll be a reality later in development.

If I die the fifth time, would I lose my character [your username here] and be unable to play anymore? Would my player become a unbondable monster? Would I have to create a new player somehow?
    The fifth time you die you will lose all progress on the game, restarting with the same username "OrangeSocks". Same username, but everything is reset. You will keep the adopts, but lose all progress in the game, as well as any quests and accounts in the bank.

Last edited by doktor monty on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Guidelines]

Postby doktor monty » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Imagexx▪ This is a game based on something mature, but it has been changed to fit within the CS guidelines. Please keep this in mind while playing, and don't become over violent in battles.
    Abide by the rules of CS.
    ▪ Do not scam other players, or artists in the game. Be honest, and play fair so that everyone can have a fun time.

▪ This is a game as much as it is a closed species. Do not copy or use any designs of the "species" to your benefit.
    ▪ You may roleplay as the adoptables you bond with, they are in a sense a part of you once you own them. Roleplay forms of the species can be made without a mod's permission.
    ▪ Please be patient. This is a big game to run. The rules will be changing every so often to account for the new problems that come up. This is to make sure everyone gets the best experience.
    ▪ You can fully customize your player in the game, but not the adoptables. You may add clothing, and accessories to your adoptables to make them fit your liking, but features such hair, body proportions, face, limbs are permanent and cannot be changed.
    ▪ It is mandatory to always post your statuses when trying out for an adopt. Always update this, it is important to playing the game.
    ▪ Your soul can only be bonded with so many spirits. You can have no more than 15 adopts to your name.
    ▪ You may gift/trade the spirits you own. Fill out the form on the records form that applies to you when you give them away.

-strikes and banned from Castrealm
Last edited by doktor monty on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Credits]

Postby doktor monty » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Last edited by doktor monty on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 16 times in total.
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [CASTREALM] You May Post Now! (under construction)

Postby little_light » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm

oooh this looks super awesome, mark!!
little_light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lathiat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:17 pm

oooh interesting
mark :0c

.Even...when...we’ve...turned...into...ghosts;
...even.when.we’ve..returned..to..nothingness,
...I still hope I could keep on smiling with..you,
...Because.......nobody........makes........sense.

───────────────

.................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................
LIOTTVIRGOISFP18+
hi im liott i am very tired and i need new friends
lathiat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caelus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 pm

This looks neat :o
Starting Stats wrote:dtsuga
Health | Hunger | Sanity
50 | 40 |45
Last edited by Caelus on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [CASTREALM] an RPG and adopt (under construction)

Postby doktor monty » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:37 am

xx to those who are awake- I have finished most of the detailing and writing of the game. More things will be simplified and tweaked as time goes on so Castrealm will be more enjoyable

Do you want to support me? Create your character!
character creation wrote:
Starting Stats wrote:[Username Here]
Health | Hunger | Sanity
50 | 40 |45
To start out, your username should match the one you use on CS. From there you can create your adventurer! Create anything you'd like, it doesn't have to resemble you at all. You could even make yourself a little character icon, I would just suggest making it 100x100 or even smaller.

Or, you can ask me questions about what is confusing, or what you think should be added :)
Those who help will be added into the credits, as a "beta tester"
                ✦ { dok/stephvthey/he/any occasionally online } ✦
              Howdy! I'm on here as often as I have the energy for it, so everything might be a little delayed with me! Feel free to check out my semi/open adopts, and if you're feeling adventurous click my dragoncave eggs too- my children thank you. Have a great day <3
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [CASTREALM] an RPG adopt! (Beta testing)

Postby lathiat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:51 am

Hey, I have a few questions! When creating your character, do you want us posting on here or on the records thread once that is started?
And how are you going to monitor/limit a characters actions? Will you only be allowed to visit the tavern once to replenish one stat? How will the market work, and would you have people modding and taking care of the market?
When will you be opening a search for mods and archivists? I would love to help out, this seems like a lot of fun. :0c I can't wait to see this grow!

.Even...when...we’ve...turned...into...ghosts;
...even.when.we’ve..returned..to..nothingness,
...I still hope I could keep on smiling with..you,
...Because.......nobody........makes........sense.

───────────────

LIOTTVIRGOISFP18+
hi im liott i am very tired and i need new friends
lathiat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me