Creating A Site, Looking For Help!

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Would you like to help, and if so, what would you like to help with?

No thanks.
4%
Yes, but I don't know what yet.
7%
Artist!
31%
Coder!
7%
General Helper!
27%
Web Design!
12%
I'll help with whatever you need! :)
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Creating A Site, Looking For Help!

Postby shadowloversmothie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

BerryfrostStudios wrote:Hey there! I'm looking to make a website like ChickenSmoothie but I have no idea where to start.
I would prefer to start building my website from scratch, without using a website builder like the one Google has (or Wix, to be fair.) I would also like people to be able to sign up for it, and have growable AND customizable pets.
Can anyone give me some pointers, or would anyone like to help? Feel free to PM me for any reason, as well!
I'm also looking for names, as well :lol:
(hope you guys didn't mid the poll at the top, it really helps me though)

I would join and be a general helper if you need some. Also the name should be original like hmmm candle animals or something along the lines of originality.
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Áinee » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:40 am

hello i am interested in helping as a general helper, webdesigner and/or artist :-)

ImageImage
x
x
Easter Trade Wishlist 🐰🐇🐣🐤🐥🌷🥚
Summer Event Trade Wishlist 🏕🔦🏞️🔥🥾🎒
MY ART SHOP -> OPEN! 🎨🖍️👩‍🎨🖼️🖌️🐶🐱

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
x

🏰 𝓶𝔂 𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓮 🏰
x
xxImage*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
xxLuck of the Irish
xx*:・゚✧*:・゚✧Image
xxSo This is Love
xxImage*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
xxWishlist Thread
xx*:・゚✧*:・゚✧Image
xHappily Ever After 🧚
Áinee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeafTrill » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Friendly bump. I hope you are successful in making your own site ^^.
LeafTrill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yenzi » Wed May 30, 2018 7:47 am

bump
ImageImageImageImage

Yenzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakhearted » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Use forumotion maybe
I can help with web design and coding?
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mgs3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:17 am

If you are looking for Helpers or mods etc I could be willing to help :>
ImageImage
jody, she/they lesbian
pms and such are always open
mainly into spn, silent hill, horror, and resevil
jody#1017 ask 4 overwatch and dbd tags
mgs3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsidiousFlair » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 pm

I'd be interested in helping with general help/moderating and possibly art, as well! I may not be as advanced in anatomy and shading as others but if it was similar to CS' artist system (using linearts made by several people and then everyone else mostly coloring within them, or making clothes to fit them) I'd love to take part! I have a few simpler references if needed. Otherwise, I wish you luck in finding everything and everyone you need to get this started!

Hello, I'm Rose! I am also sometimes called Red.
Feel free to refer to me as either, or my user.
I love to roleplay, but I am rather busy. <3 <3

(FIRE-)───────────
BLOW A KISS)───────────────
─────────────(TO THE CROWD-

|Gryffindor|Neutral good|INFP|Scorpio|She/her|
|D&D - Bard|Dancing|Singing|Likes bread|<3|
|I'm in love with the way the fire dances|

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Warriors RP // music: // link
link // link // ©

InsidiousFlair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jello, World » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Let's discuss site running and maintenance fees, with a dude who has been there.
A reasonable look at fees in USD, assuming art isn't being factored in and all staff are unpaid*:

Going to assume you need to hire one of these...
Coding wrote:From Google and PayScale.com
Coders can make 15.84-54.74 AN HOUR. 34.50 is an average.
Java: 35.93
PHP: 24.05

...and the number of hours doesn't even matter. Teach yourself the code. Paying for code kills. As a side note, a friend of mine does HTML/CSS for CS pets and C$. She also offers advice on the topic. If you need someone to discuss the realistic possibilities of a site and what is/isn't possible, PM me and I'll give you her username. (This goes for anyone.)

One note though: Know of someone who DOES code in your site's language for emergencies. You always need an emergency fixer if you can't solve an issue. Make sure you acquaint them with your code early on, and always pay them on time. My friend says that if she gets paid on time by someone every time, and gets two rush orders for something, the one who pays on time gets priority unless she is less than two hours from done with the other project. Paying your coder promptly and praising everything they do will earn you privileges and benefits. Like, you know, emergency favors.
Hosting the Site wrote:From experience here!!
Hostinger starts at 3.99 a month. Their 8.84 a month deal is a lot better quality-wise. Their 11.99 a month has great features.
iPage starts at 9.99 a month and they go down per month if you buy bulk. (It's cheaper per month for two years than one, and for three years than two.)
GoDaddy is a popular one, they start at 7.99 a month but their best deal is 10.99 a month. For 16.99 a month, you get a SSL certificate... which is a good thing. But I don't think the pricing on the most expensive one is justifiable for a game, so I'd go with the 10.99 a month after the site picked up.

Rule of thumb: you can always upgrade hosting if you need to do so and not regret it. You are wasting money if you end up having to downgrade hosting. Start small. Think big, but start small. Be frugal. ;) It won't hurt you. If you run over bandwidth three months in a row, or over two weeks in the same month, upgrade. That's the best way to determine if you need more speed.

Since I've stated I've been there, done that, I used iPage and wasn't really impressed. I think GoDaddy would be my next choice for a larger project, and Hostinger for a small one. I'm not being paid to represent any of these. These are just the three I know a lot about and that people use pretty often in my area. iPage's on-site image hosting speed though? It's absolute CRAP. Takes forever to load a single high-quality image. :? Would never use it for a petsite based on that one factor.
Domains wrote:Domains are simple. They start at 0.99 a year, and go up a LOT higher. Buying one for good will cost you more than 700.00 as a low price, I often see them costing over 950. Rent a domain. It's cheaper in the long run. Rarely will a site live long enough to warrant buying the domain.

Fun fact: even GOOGLE rents their domain, though they may own it for good after the following happened. The domain went up for renewal a few years ago and someone managed to own it for about a minute, before the error was discovered and they took it from him. Since I know this sounds like a prank, CNN did an article on it and I'm linking it here, so you know I'm not actually joking.

*Unpaid moderators are ILLEGAL in some countries, including mine. Please do your research.
Image he/him/his/bro/dude/whatever
ESL | Adult
Seeking Trades
I collect equines, BWs, sitting cats, and PPS pets. Massive wishlist.

<<Fact: Brightheart is the best Warrior. NO EXCEPTIONS.

My name is a joke about my favorite food (Jello) and a phrase often used to test output in coding (Hello, World). If you got a laugh out of it, good for you!
Jello, World

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm

I could be an artist, as long as it’s an easier art thing than cs has, it’s terrible I’m serious, it is! I could go on all day about it but I’m not
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DorkWolf » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:12 pm

I could be a moderator and/or a writer if there is lore to the game!
Pet's name: Hook

My dude has a bucket on him
DorkWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me