HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Blumenkranz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Algebra
YOUR QUESTION:Solve the system of equations
x + y + z = 7
x - y + 5z = -9
4x + y + z = 22
According to my study guide, the answer is (5, 4, -2), but I don't know how to get that answer. Any help is appreciated!
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Blumenkranz wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
YOUR QUESTION:Solve the system of equations
x + y + z = 7
x - y + 5z = -9
4x + y + z = 22
According to my study guide, the answer is (5, 4, -2), but I don't know how to get that answer. Any help is appreciated!

Take a look at the first and third equations. They're practically the same, one's just x vs the other's 4x.
    Therefore, x + y + z + 22 = 4x + y + z + 7, and you can get rid of the y and z since they're on both sides.
    x + 22 = 4x + 7.
    22 - 7 = 4x - x, 15 = 3x, therefore x=5. That makes things easier.
    Insert x=5 into any of the others. 5 + y + z = 7 therefore y + z = 2. z = 2 - y; you do have to substitute now.
    You have x, so...
    5 - y + 5(2-y) = -9
    5 - y + 10 - 5y = -9
    Combine terms: -6y = -24
    y = 4.

5 + 4 + z = 7 therefore z = -2, and there you go.
    Hope it makes sense! ^-^
.......I'm CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ,
...... nice to meet you.
........ImageImage........
Science nerd..........
___...............
Image Image Image Image...ImageImage
CᴀɴᴅʏNᴜᴛᴍᴇɢ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:38 pm

It makes sense, thank you so much!!
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cacti. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 am

I was given some prompts for Bio and I'd greatly appreciate for someone to proofread it and make sure I stayed on topic

I was given this prompt: In your opinion, under what circumstances should doctors/scientists be allowed to change the genes of organisms, including patients? Explain and describe your position.

This is my answer: In my opinion I believe that changing who a person is, is bad under any circumstance but I cannot say that I think it’s wrong to replace defective genes that can cause a fatal disease is bad. Human-kind has already tripled the life-span of humans with medical advancement so there’s no turning back. Changing ones eye color or physical trait I see as wrong that is changing someone for no reason other than personal preference. That would almost be like saying your favorite color is red but then someone saying “No it’s blue.” And you’re not allowed to do anything about it. The only way your eye or hair color could endanger one’s life would be in someone wanting to commit genocide was after people with that trait. When it comes to animals and crops my opinion doesn’t vary too much other than as I said previously the human lifespan has tripled leading to increases in population making it necessary for us to find ways to increase the amounts of food being produced. So my overall opinion is that human-kind led us to have to do things like this and it’s what has to be done to maintain our species

Thank you :D

Image || © || Image

x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Zodiacs and 3
Malk element cats UFA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello, im Oliver
they/them
agender
asexual
panromantic
Follow my insta
@oliverdepression
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
Cacti.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:56 am

Cacti. wrote:I was given some prompts for Bio and I'd greatly appreciate for someone to proofread it and make sure I stayed on topic

I was given this prompt: In your opinion, under what circumstances should doctors/scientists be allowed to change the genes of organisms, including patients? Explain and describe your position.

This is my answer: In my opinion I believe that changing who a person is, is bad under any circumstance but I cannot say that I think it’s wrong to replace defective genes that can cause a fatal disease is bad. Human-kind has already tripled the life-span of humans with medical advancement so there’s no turning back. Changing ones eye color or physical trait I see as wrong that is changing someone for no reason other than personal preference. That would almost be like saying your favorite color is red but then someone saying “No it’s blue.” And you’re not allowed to do anything about it. The only way your eye or hair color could endanger one’s life would be in someone wanting to commit genocide was after people with that trait. When it comes to animals and crops my opinion doesn’t vary too much other than as I said previously the human lifespan has tripled leading to increases in population making it necessary for us to find ways to increase the amounts of food being produced. So my overall opinion is that human-kind led us to have to do things like this and it’s what has to be done to maintain our species

PMing you! My writing got a little long.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:31 am

Cacti. wrote:I was given some prompts for Bio and I'd greatly appreciate for someone to proofread it and make sure I stayed on topic

This is my answer: In my opinion I believe that changing who a person is, is bad under any circumstance but I cannot say that I think it’s wrong to replace defective genes that can cause a fatal disease is bad. Human-kind has already tripled the life-span of humans with medical advancement so there’s no turning back. Changing ones eye color or physical trait I see as wrong that is changing someone for no reason other than personal preference. That would almost be like saying your favorite color is red but then someone saying: “No, it’s blue,and you’re not allowed to do anything about it. The only way your eye or hair color could endanger one’s life would be in someone wanting to commit genocide was after people with that trait. When it comes to animals and crops my opinion doesn’t vary too much other than as I said previously the human lifespan has tripled leading to increases in population making it necessary for us to find ways to increase the amounts of food being produced. So my overall opinion is that human-kind led us to have to do things like this, and it’s what has to be done to maintain our species.

I think you stayed on topic! I do have a couple comments.
- Bolded punctuation is tiny corrections. Bolded words are sentences you need to re-read and correct for flow, particularly where bolded.
- One thing I think you need to clarify a bit more is "defective genes". Are you only talking about fatal diseases? Because some people (and I just want to be clear that I don't agree) think that having down-syndrome or autism or anything else like that makes you "defective", so your position could be read as applying towards people with other atypical conditions.
- This is probably a bit too in depth for what it seems was asked of you, but maybe think about addressing patient consent? Do doctors have a right to cure even a fatal disease if the patient, for whatever reason, doesn't want it?
- You don't really address plants and animals. I think your viewpoint is that it's perhaps a necessary evil? You should outright state your opinion on it: do you support it or not?
- The last sentence "it's what has to be done": it's is vague - what are you referring to here? Specifically to altering animals and plants or are you including altering human genes as well?
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!
YOUR QUESTION: I got another math question, a word problem this time

A $86,000 trust is to be invested in bonds paying %9, CDs paying 6%, and mortgages paying 10%. The bond and CD investment together must equal the mortgage investment. To earn a $7180 annual income from the investments, how much should the bank invest in bonds?

My study guide says the answer is $10,000, but I don't know how to get there. Any help is appreciated!
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lupinsong » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Blumenkranz wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
YOUR QUESTION: I got another math question, a word problem this time

A $86,000 trust is to be invested in bonds paying %9, CDs paying 6%, and mortgages paying 10%. The bond and CD investment together must equal the mortgage investment. To earn a $7180 annual income from the investments, how much should the bank invest in bonds?

My study guide says the answer is $10,000, but I don't know how to get there. Any help is appreciated!

Alright, so. First off, we're told that the bond and CD investment must be equal to the mortgage investment. Given that we know we're investing$86,000, that comes out to $43,000 for mortgages and $43,000 for bonds and CDs combined. Then we should see what we can take out of the picture, try to simplify the scenario be resolving a term, if you will. The first thing that stands out to me is that we can find how much the mortgages are going to pay off. 43000*.1=4,300. Since we know $4,300 comes from mortgages we can then subtract that from our annual income. 7180-4300=2880. $2,880 is what our CDs and bonds combined will have to produce. From this we create a system of equations:
2880=0.09x+0.06y
x+y=43000

We solve for a single term in one of the equations and substitute in

y=43000-x
2880=0.09x+0.06(43000-x)
applying the terms in parethesis gives:
2880=0.09x+2580-0.06x
simplifying that
300=0.03x
x=$10,000
lupinsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:42 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: US Government
YOUR QUESTION:

Question One:
explain the difference between a liberal and a conservative?
you must define both as well as use numerous examples.

Question Two:
explain the difference between implied, expressed, and inherent powers.
provide examples of each.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:01 pm

L.V.L wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: US Government
YOUR QUESTION:

Question One:
explain the difference between a liberal and a conservative?
you must define both as well as use numerous examples.

Question Two:
explain the difference between implied, expressed, and inherent powers.
provide examples of each.

I'd suggest you look this one up so you can research it for yourself and explore the differences between fundamental liberal and conservative beliefs. To give you a basis to go off of, take a look at this.

Expressed powers are powers of the Nat. Government that are spelled out directly in the Constitution. Implied powers are powers that are suggested by expressed powers, but not directly spelled out in the constitution. Inherent powers are powers that are delegated to those in a position of power (i.e. the president, congress) in order for them to perform their duties. Inherent powers are not in the constitution. A good example of inherent powers is the bank, which was established in order to carry out Congress' need to collect taxes, even though the constitution does not directly give that right. Try using this information to think of examples of expressed and implied powers. :)
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me