Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 500

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby MapleNeko » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 pm

WhiteWater he is absolutely gorgeous! im in love
Super excited some one near me recently had a spawn of L183(starlight bristlenose pleco) and i'm getting a new 30-gallon setup right now so it should be cycled by the time they're ready to be sold and im pumped!
Dealing with what i believe to be gill flukes right now in my 10 gal and its is just decimating my fish :/ really unfortunate
╔════════════════════════════════╗
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

Hey there! my names Mapleneko and im your typical Uni student <3 I absolutely adore animals with anything aquatic, feathered or feline being my favorite! I'm an Axolotl mom and breeder so please feel free to msg me if you want to know more about the silly critters.
Entomology Minor (bugs are life)
the anime is Akatsuki no Yona btw!

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:33 pm

@WhiteWater ; Holy penguins. That is a gorgeous betta. ;v;

---

I have a question. I have 3 guppies and a very docile betta housed together in a cycled 10 gallon. I just purchased a mystery snail to plop in there, as well. Now I'm wondering, though... Is my tank overstocked?
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Kat wrote:@WhiteWater ; Holy penguins. That is a gorgeous betta. ;v;

---

I have a question. I have 3 guppies and a very docile betta housed together in a cycled 10 gallon. I just purchased a mystery snail to plop in there, as well. Now I'm wondering, though... Is my tank overstocked?

Not at all. You have room for a bit more imo. Check out aqadvisor it’s a good stocking calculator. I entered your info for you. http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquT ... ode=simple
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Crum wrote:
Kat wrote:@WhiteWater ; Holy penguins. That is a gorgeous betta. ;v;

---

Not at all. You have room for a bit more imo. Check out aqadvisor it’s a good stocking calculator. I entered your info for you. http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquT ... ode=simple

Thank you so much! That website is quite helpful. I know that many people don't recommend keeping guppies and bettas together, but I haven't had any issues so far. No flaring or chasing whatsoever. Everyone just keeps to themselves. None of my three guppies are very flashy, though. That might be helping, I suppose.

But I do have more than one tank set up. So, I can of course separate them in case of emergency, though I do hope that they continue to coexist without any problems. I adore seeing them all together.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

I have a male Betta with my mollies, blood parrots, Gourami, bn pleco, shrimp, snail, and loach and never had any issues. If anything they cause more trouble than he does. It just depends on the fish. I got him when he was a baby so he is used to being around others. Not the case for all bettas, but definitely can work with the right ones. If you haven’t seen any issues I wouldn’t worry much.
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am

Hey Fish Club! I need a little help. I've recently encountered a small creature in my tank, to my knowledge there is only one, but I don't know what it is. It's incredibly teeny, only about the size of a medium-large bladder snail, and try as I might I simply cannot get a photo.

So I'll do my best to explain it with photos. It's got the coloration of a ghost shrimp:

But not the body shape. It can curl it's 'tail' under itself, and when the tail is out its got a V shape rounded in at the top. Little little legs. Hides in the gravel. Could anyone help me find it? I've done several cursory googles, and still no clue. Gonna keep trying though.
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 pm

A picture would help if you’re able to get one 😛
Is it a dragonfly larvae?
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polly44 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 am

Have't posted in here for ages! Can't remember what i last posted either, but i lost my first Siamese Fighter called Obsidian after almost a year, i was gutted. But i got another a few months ago, called Nebula. And he is quite possibly the laziest fish i have ever seen. The amount of times i have walked past the tank, looked in and thought oh god, he's dead only to look closer and realise he's actually being a lazy fish and just lying there. xD

Lost the two Ottos we had for years as well, was heartbroken as i loved those two! We bought three more, but lost them as well. :( As the water and everything was perfect, not sure what happened, i think we lost one as i thought one wafer a week would be enough extra for three in the tank, but actually wasn't, still not sure why the other two went mind. xD Going to get some more in the New Year hopefully.

I now work in a pet shop that has a huge range of fish/aquarium plants/pond fish/decorations/tanks.....etc and it's awesome! I have learnt a lot already. Catching them is great fun, heh. Though one often needs to be patient, especially with certain ones.

We've just got these in: (Pictus Catfish)

And i must admit, that is one stunning fish. I would love to get one!
Polly44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Username: Alpen
How many fish tanks do you have: 3! 2.5, 10, and 20 gallons.
Types of fish that you have: currently only a half moon Betta
Your fishs' names: Grim(oire)
How long have you had fish: about 8 years! Off and on though

https://imgur.com/a/PdiGk
All three tanks! Currently have the Betta boy in the 2.5 gallons since I had to cycle the other two 8( he doesn't seem to mind it too much, he's getting the 10 gallon once it's ready~ ps the dwarf hair grass was just placed in his tank when he decided to hide under it, it's been planted in the 10 gallon now!

20 gallon I'm planning on making a community tank. The picture I included is kind of old and I had a plant die on me and ended up redoing the tank SOO not sure when I'll put critters in there.

Once I move Grim into the 10 gallon I'm going to be putting RCS into the 2.5! They make nice desk mates, me thinks.

I want to get into Betta breeding and have an extra room I'm going to set up with a shelving unit. Thennnn once petco does their $1/gallon sale I'm gonna load up on 10/20 gallon tanks and use them for breeding and housing the fish I want to keep. They're all going to be planted tanks! So that's gonna be a huge process I'm completely and utterly excited for.

So if anyone knows where I can get pretty cheap (but reliable) heaters, filters, and lights for plants, I'd be very grateful if you'd show me heh
Alpen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Have you considered a single sump for all of the tanks? That way, you only need 1 filter and 1 heater. Depending on how many tanks you plan on getting you could probably make one out of a 10 gallon and have hoses going between all of them. Stick a heater with the correct wattage for the amount of gallons youre filtering into it.
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me