Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby friends dønt lie. » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:34 pm

do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby.
    do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage.so not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage.
    do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage.
    do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish.
    do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs.

we only have a couple rules in my house. yes, i understand that you’ve never owned a rabbit before, but that is no excuse to act like you own the place.
𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕙...

☁ ☁ ☁

she;her - june 29th
hey there, i'm abby! if
you couldn't tell already, i'm
super obsessed with
stranger things. i also
love it, starbucks,
and pretty much anything
your basic teenage girl
would like. anyway, feel free
to pm me or something whenever,
xxxxx i'd love to chat! xxxxx

coding shop

𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕪 𝕥𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣
friends dønt lie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AvonRae » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:11 am

It seems like my mom and my youngest brother have absolutely 0 desire to even try to get along with the two cats in our house. If the cats hiss, that means stop what you are doing. Not try to desensitize them to being held in a way they clearly hate or that makes them uncomfortable.
AvonRae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisy Loo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am

My auntie has started "hissing" at my dog, like he's a cat.
She feeds him scrap food while I was on holiday, gives him empty TINS to lick clean and peanut butter jars. To the point where he wouldn't touch his normal food. So I told her "Do not feed him anything anymore" I went out and came home, went to feed him his dog food to find his bone had gone missing from the cupboard. So I asked "Where has his bone gone" she said "I gave it to him" lord oh lord. I told her he was NOT to eat anything that morning so he would finally eat his dog food. Next year can't come quick enough, moving in with a friend.

She's also tells my dog to "Get him" when the kids are round visiting her. She winds him up to the point where he barks, my dog has always been a quiet dog.
Formally known as GlitterBug

Daisy Loo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonfallTheFox » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 am

• wølf • wrote:
    do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby. do not hold the cat like a baby.
    do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage.so not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage. do not open the rabbit cage.
    do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage. do not stick your finger in the bird cage.
    do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish. do not feed the fish.
    do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs. do not yell at my dogs.

we only have a couple rules in my house. yes, i understand that you’ve never owned a rabbit before, but that is no excuse to act like you own the place.

You stick your finger in the bird cage at my house and you're giving him free fingersteaks.

Lmao

I rarely have company and this nonsense is why. I don't want to babysit people who think they know how to handle my pets but don't.
Moonfall // He/Him // ©
"No one deserves my world quite like you do
And it's true, I hate everything but you."
Amigo The Devil
Gif by BronzeHalo
MoonfallTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 am

When my cat runs away and hides from you because he's never seen you before, he is scared of the stranger that just came in my apartment.

The correct reactions is not "follow him to his hiding spot and try to pet him while he's cornered." I have no sympathy if he hits you for that.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:01 pm

My parents and little brother have no consideration for my dog's training. Justin is my dog. I pay for everything but the vet bills because I'm not old enough. He was a Birthday present from my father, who sort of understands more than the other two. He's starting to remember his manners when someone tries slipping him table food or distract him during training. I've been working really hard with him and it's really showing progress. He is almost 7 but gets distracted and forgets training easily, my new rule for myself is to calmly tell them how I feel about their actions.
I hope one day to work my ideas into their heads.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby higgle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 am

My parents bought me and my siblings a guinea pig for christmas. Now, dont get me wrong, this is the sweetest guinea pig you would ever meet. But my sibling after about 2 weeks kinda lost interest so she's pretty much mine now. Also, i can't convince my mom to buy another one, despite the fact that they are social animals.
a pathological people pleaser

rea / she/her / taylor swift <3

───────
higgle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 am

*Espeon* wrote:My parents bought me and my siblings a guinea pig for christmas. Now, dont get me wrong, this is the sweetest guinea pig you would ever meet. But my sibling after about 2 weeks kinda lost interest so she's pretty much mine now. Also, i can't convince my mom to buy another one, despite the fact that they are social animals.

Ah I understand this greatly. I own a guinea pig myself, and have had several before! The one I have now is super friendly- he knows his name and comes to a call, likes to be pet under the chin, and if you try to mimic his noises he will “talk” to you.
However, I only own one right now. I have told my parents countless times that a cavy’s lifespan is actually decreased by about 2-3 years depending, if they are alone. It’s very sad to me, but I will just cherish my little boy for as long as I can.
And yes, some people don’t tend to have much interest in rodents because they’re caged animals- you can’t take them for walks (I mean you can it’s just super unnatural and difficult to find a leash for an animal with basically no neck), they don’t play, you can’t cuddle them too hard, and they’re asleep for a lot of the daytime.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 am

I honestly don't like anyone touching or being around my dog just because they don't do anything right..
I would understand if they didn't know, but I tell them over and over again and still nothing.

I absolutely hate when people rub his fur the wrong way. Maybe other dogs enjoy it, but he has shown discomfort to it several times by moving away, whining, and rolling on the ground to rub it back the right way.

I hate when people try to feed my dog human food or give him TOO MANY treats. I don't like him to eat food that isn't intended for dogs to eat, especially not a lot of it. A LOT of people I know have a bad habit of doing that to their own dogs and just seeing them hurts my heart.
And the same goes for dog treats. I use them as rewards when my dog behaves or does some cool tricks or as training rewards for being quiet and staying in the yard, but my parents always dumps like 10 huge ones on his food...

I hate when people try to move my dog to his "box" by dragging him and lifting him by the neck by his collar. I know there are some methods that won't hurt dogs, but they way they do it, they always choke him and he ends up wheezing for air while they do it. ALSO If they just tell him to get in his box, he will do so on command.. So just doing that isn't necessary!! And if he won't, I have a leash and he never resists it..

I get it that people don't know, but I just wish they would stop for a second and ask if something is okay, ask me to handle something, or just listen to me when I tell them...
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm

SALVADOR IS NOT A TOY HE IS A RAT PLEASE DO NOT THROW HIM
like please
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me