Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby ryukrem » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:41 am

Thank you all for the support. He had a long and happy life, but God am I ever heart broken.
      He's been gone almost a week now and the ache is still so fresh.

I'm off to the barn to ride Alice tonight and she's currently had two days off so I'm not expecting much fun.

Fly high, Spirit. I miss you.

ryukrem - lesbian - taken <3

prefer to roleplay off site. pm me.

roleplay search
ryukrem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonfallTheFox » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 am

So how's the weather where you guys are? I had to chip the frozen manure off the ground with a shovel... LOL. It's cold. Spider is fine though she's got the fur to handle it. The sad thing is that winter hasn't even really hit yet.

Aw Ryu, a week is no time at all. People mourn at different speeds. -virtual hugs-
Moonfall // He/Him // ©
"No one deserves my world quite like you do
And it's true, I hate everything but you."
Amigo The Devil
Gif by BronzeHalo
MoonfallTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steve rogers. » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 am

MoonfallTheFox wrote:So how's the weather where you guys are? I had to chip the frozen manure off the ground with a shovel... LOL. It's cold. Spider is fine though she's got the fur to handle it. The sad thing is that winter hasn't even really hit yet.

Aw Ryu, a week is no time at all. People mourn at different speeds. -virtual hugs-

its very cold, lesson got cancelled today from the snow and ice
text text text text text text text text text text
steve rogers.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hime » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am

MoonfallTheFox wrote:So how's the weather where you guys are? I had to chip the frozen manure off the ground with a shovel... LOL. It's cold. Spider is fine though she's got the fur to handle it. The sad thing is that winter hasn't even really hit yet.

Quick pop in because.... SNOOOOOOW. I love love love snow and Heta likes it too https://youtu.be/Zzz1ka-8VXA. Okay, well the weather was absolutely horrible on Tuesday when snow came down as quite dense and wet, and thus heavy in weight (broke some tree branches near home). But the good news is we now have plenty of it and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed it's staying until spring time. It's not very cold though just couple degrees on minus side (in celcius) or +-0, so it's quite pleasant weather. Though still sucks I haven't had a chance to go buy those PolarPads, so chances of me riding are currently up to the snow being super sticky or less sticky... :roll:
Heta hasn't been ridden much past couple weeks and her paddock is tiny, so she really has some pent up energy (as you can see on the video, that's a bigger paddock that I let her run in for while). Good news is if the weather permits hauling she's coming home next Tuesday. :mrgreen: Bad news is my work shifts are kinda stupid and I still have one school thingy to finish(by Monday though, just going to be on very tight schedule during weekend with full work hours), so I'm not sure how much riding I can actually get done before christmas.
Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now...
Hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thegrumpydruid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:02 am

Hey all! I'm a former competitive barrel racer and ranch hand. Former because I moved away and can't have hoses where I am.
thegrumpydruid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 am

So I restarted the Equestrian Club at my college, and it seems to be going okay (except the college student Senate hasn't gotten back to us so we can't do anything), but I'm afraid it's going to fail. We lost a lot of members when our former advisor started fat shaming members and saying they were too heavy to ride, but the barn we talked to agreed that all of our members were fine for their horses, and yet this advisor went around saying we were abusive because we were putting these people on horses.
      A lot of our members dropped out because of this. Do you guys have any suggestions of how we could get people back into the club?

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:35 am

NopesaurusRexx wrote:
      So I restarted the Equestrian Club at my college, and it seems to be going okay (except the college student Senate hasn't gotten back to us so we can't do anything), but I'm afraid it's going to fail. We lost a lot of members when our former advisor started fat shaming members and saying they were too heavy to ride, but the barn we talked to agreed that all of our members were fine for their horses, and yet this advisor went around saying we were abusive because we were putting these people on horses.
      A lot of our members dropped out because of this. Do you guys have any suggestions of how we could get people back into the club?

that was really bad of this Person.... :!:
tell this People to come back, to not worry!! when owner of the stable and vet says it is alright, then it is.....

i worked at a barn over holliday and such, they also had a bit more heavy rider, but the horses where trained enough with good muscle,and good for more heavy rider. they had a kid there who first when it did go to the stable, only did help but with the small kid lessons and help around in the stable, leading the horses on the trail or Arena, catching horses on pasture and such and so loosing the weight that was to much to strt riding, and getting more fit, the kid could even run when i was there, with a trotting or cantering horse at the hand up a hill and going on like nothing for the rest of the h lesson,,....while i was tirred as hell (and the kid still was some over normal weight) the kid did ride at the time that i was there, already with the right horse, and had so much fun and learned to stand up to people....(and to this kid people where mean and cald it fat and no use in any sport)

so...no to the idiot of advisor.
- Tell them this...
-there is nothing wrong with riding when the weight matches the horses and what vet says is alright.....but they may need to say when they gain weight so that the horse owner can act and find an other horse (i got this told to when i did ride a mare some year back, who only could have a rider up to 50kg max (with saddle and full winter clothing) )

-but i would say, to use a step, to get on the horse, it is always bether, but this i also say to tiny or thin rider...and do it myself as it is bether for the back of the horse.

-and they start to gain muscle and lose some weight with cleaning stalls and horses and walking the horse on trail and riding,...and working the manure pill and carring around water bucket and other things, Walking or driving the bikee to the stable, Hand Walking horses on the trail....so a real nice all around workout 2-6times a week when they want ^^
- and when you look at some Areas there are large male who are heavy and still ride there horses
- and when really unsure there is still driving with horses that one can do!

dont give up, talk with owner there vet, look at the horses and make a list how much the horses ca carry and training exercise for rider (this also helps with making a rider fit, more flexible and is for all rider good bevor and after each ride...like with horses a good warm up and cool down to get muscle warm ^^) ..i did know rider who always did drive half an h bevor the ride together, and then did 1/4h of stretching in the group...or simply a fast walk around the stable..(when the horse was already in stall...if they had to clean stall bevor and catch the horse they often got this training with this^^)

Hope you have fun with your horse club...maybe even find some teacher who have fun. :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am

Luzien wrote:
NopesaurusRexx wrote:

that was really bad of this Person.... :!:
tell this People to come back, to not worry!! when owner of the stable and vet says it is alright, then it is.....

i worked at a barn over holliday and such, they also had a bit more heavy rider, but the horses where trained enough with good muscle,and good for more heavy rider. they had a kid there who first when it did go to the stable, only did help but with the small kid lessons and help around in the stable, leading the horses on the trail or Arena, catching horses on pasture and such and so loosing the weight that was to much to strt riding, and getting more fit, the kid could even run when i was there, with a trotting or cantering horse at the hand up a hill and going on like nothing for the rest of the h lesson,,....while i was tirred as hell (and the kid still was some over normal weight) the kid did ride at the time that i was there, already with the right horse, and had so much fun and learned to stand up to people....(and to this kid people where mean and cald it fat and no use in any sport)

so...no to the idiot of advisor.
- Tell them this...
-there is nothing wrong with riding when the weight matches the horses and what vet says is alright.....but they may need to say when they gain weight so that the horse owner can act and find an other horse (i got this told to when i did ride a mare some year back, who only could have a rider up to 50kg max (with saddle and full winter clothing) )

-but i would say, to use a step, to get on the horse, it is always bether, but this i also say to tiny or thin rider...and do it myself as it is bether for the back of the horse.

-and they start to gain muscle and lose some weight with cleaning stalls and horses and walking the horse on trail and riding,...and working the manure pill and carring around water bucket and other things, Walking or driving the bikee to the stable, Hand Walking horses on the trail....so a real nice all around workout 2-6times a week when they want ^^
- and when you look at some Areas there are large male who are heavy and still ride there horses
- and when really unsure there is still driving with horses that one can do!

dont give up, talk with owner there vet, look at the horses and make a list how much the horses ca carry and training exercise for rider (this also helps with making a rider fit, more flexible and is for all rider good bevor and after each ride...like with horses a good warm up and cool down to get muscle warm ^^) ..i did know rider who always did drive half an h bevor the ride together, and then did 1/4h of stretching in the group...or simply a fast walk around the stable..(when the horse was already in stall...if they had to clean stall bevor and catch the horse they often got this training with this^^)

Hope you have fun with your horse club...maybe even find some teacher who have fun. :D

Thank you so much for all of this! Definitely going to follow through with some!

She is no longer our advisor and we have a really nice woman as our new advisor so I'm hoping things get back on track!

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cashew jackman » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey, have any of you guys worn a cloak while riding? I'm going to desensitize my friend's horse to it and then ride him around with it billowing out behind us :lol:

“So you really are a princess.” Maverick's eyes burned both with anger and hurt. "When were you planning to tell me; before or after I got killed trying to protect you?”
cashew jackman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gam » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 pm

i gotta talk about my lesson horse cause I LOVE HER!!!
lucy is a 13 year old blue roan AQH mare. she's 15hh and was a western horse up until a year ago.
we actually do dressage! (sorry for that pic LOL its a bad video still and im in a hunt saddle but its the only one i have of her in frame and using her butt)
but my trainer has graciously allowed me to tag along with her to show jumping rings and cross country courses and this lil mare loves to jump. thanks to her dressage training she usually takes jumps nice and round.

me riding lucy!
^^^
[she has only been jumped under saddle a small bit and has never been formally trained. this was also her first time to this arena and over these jumps and she was so good :')]
Last edited by gam on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
┌───────────────────────┐
hi, my name's hannah!
. . . she/her | adult user . . .
horse girl & lover of beautiful things

"seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! that is the only reality in the world, all else is folly." - tolstoy
current(ish) favorite song
└───────────────────────┘
gam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me