HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 am

Light Bringer wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION:History/Geography/Economics?
YOUR QUESTION:What are some friend and enemy countries of Papua New Guinea?

(No matter what I search up, I can't find answers that are too reliable.)

The CIA World Fact Book is your friend when it comes to really indepth geography. Here's the entry on Papua New Guinea. Wikipedia also has an article on foreign relations for Papua New Guinea but only use the sources cited, not the actual article. Most teachers doesn't recognize Wikipedia as a source.

From what I found skimming, they still maintain good relations with Australia (their former colonizer) and have a very mixed relationship with Indonesia mostly over refugees and trafficking.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:45 am

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Light Bringer wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!

The CIA World Fact Book is your friend when it comes to really indepth geography. Here's the entry on Papua New Guinea. Wikipedia also has an article on foreign relations for Papua New Guinea but only use the sources cited, not the actual article. Most teachers doesn't recognize Wikipedia as a source.

From what I found skimming, they still maintain good relations with Australia (their former colonizer) and have a very mixed relationship with Indonesia mostly over refugees and trafficking.

Thank you so so much. ♡

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Light Bringer wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!

Honestly, wiki is a fine place to start. Just make sure to check sources and see that they're reliable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_r ... New_Guinea ^^

raelyn wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: math
YOUR QUESTION:triangle ABC is similar to triangle DEF. The ratio of corresponding sides is 5:8. Prove that the ratio of the perimeters of the triangles is also 5:8.

If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!!

It seems like we might be missing part of the question. Is there a corresponding picture or anything? What kind of triangles are they?

I guess you can just make up side measurements. Draw a triangle and measure the sides, then use the ratio 5:8 to calculate the side lengths of the other triangle using the ratio 5:8. Ex., you could have an equilateral triangle ABC with side lengths all 5 in. Then the side lengths of DEF would all be 8 inc. So to prove the perimeter ratios is also 5:8, you simply calculate the perimeters, then compare them in ratio format (and make sure to simplify).
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:16 pm

up
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:30 am

Up
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:48 am

This thread seems to be a bit dead but I figure I'd still give it a shot

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Programming, specifically in Java, in Android Studio
YOUR QUESTION: This is more of a call for help, really, than a specific question. We got a horrible teacher this year who assumes we already know everything, while our knowledge of java is the very, very very basics. And now we have to code applications, mine isn't working no matter what I try and I'm completely lost, and the teacher isn't being any help whatsoever. So if anyone knowledgeable in Java/Android Studio could maybe PM me, that would be great. ;-; I really need to finsih this assignment, and I don't think I can manage on my own, nor do I have the underlying understanding to learn the language within the next 2-3 weeks.. So please help?
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am

Thalassic wrote:This thread seems to be a bit dead but I figure I'd still give it a shot

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: Programming, specifically in Java, in Android Studio
YOUR QUESTION: This is more of a call for help, really, than a specific question. We got a horrible teacher this year who assumes we already know everything, while our knowledge of java is the very, very very basics. And now we have to code applications, mine isn't working no matter what I try and I'm completely lost, and the teacher isn't being any help whatsoever. So if anyone knowledgeable in Java/Android Studio could maybe PM me, that would be great. ;-; I really need to finsih this assignment, and I don't think I can manage on my own, nor do I have the underlying understanding to learn the language within the next 2-3 weeks.. So please help?

You... barely know Java and they want you to work in Android Studio already? Holy crap. I stuck my head into Android Studio after working quite a bit with Java and that thing still makes me cross-eyed. (It's not necessarily hard at my level; there's just... a lot to keep track of.)

Is there any way you can just learn Java first?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dovah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am

I HAVE A QUESTION!

TYPE OF QUESTION: english
YOUR QUESTION: I NEED SOMEONE TO PROOFREAD MY ENGLISH ESSAY AHHHHHHH IT'S DUE IN LIKE 15 HOURS BUT I'M F R E A K I N G OUT

someone please help omg pm me and i'll send it to you. it's about descriptive language, word choice, voice, and avoiding cliches. it's also about a place dear to you but there's no personal information in it
dovah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:15 pm

dovah wrote:
I HAVE A QUESTION!

TYPE OF QUESTION: english
YOUR QUESTION: I NEED SOMEONE TO PROOFREAD MY ENGLISH ESSAY AHHHHHHH IT'S DUE IN LIKE 15 HOURS BUT I'M F R E A K I N G OUT

someone please help omg pm me and i'll send it to you. it's about descriptive language, word choice, voice, and avoiding cliches. it's also about a place dear to you but there's no personal information in it

How long is it? I can help out, but without knowing how long it is, I can't promise getting all the way through it. ^^
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lechuga » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION!
TYPE OF QUESTION: english/writing/history
YOUR QUESTION: I have a research paper due on the experiences of Jewish children during WWII in a few hours.
May someone please proofread it? I'm still working on the last two paragraphs though...
link here
    hello there! c:
    currently watching
    nothing please send recs
    listening to...
    hand me downs - mac miller
    eres mia - romeo santos
    im not very active
    may take a while
    for me to respond
    trades/messages
cat | jean-louis | aimè | kikoto