♥ prize : raven dog + shima lt + more (WINNERS POSTED)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

♥ prize : raven dog + shima lt + more (WINNERS POSTED)

Postby lumoseverdeen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 am

xxx
WINNERS POSTED ON PAGE 23

Raven Dog + 5 rares of your choosing from the Contest Prize Folder

Shima Longtail + 3 more rares of your choosing (after 1st) from Contest Prize folder

ImageImage

These 2 store pets + 7 rares of your choosing (after 1st and 2nd) from the Contest Prize Folder

Since I have received so many amazing entries, I have decided to add a runner-up catagory. There will be five runners-up and each will receive 25C$ + a random rare leftover (after 1st, 2nd, and 3rd have chosen their pets) from the Contest Prize Folder

1. All of your entries must be your own art--please to not fill in line art or anything like that.
2. Please be nice to everyone who enters (and to me!)
3. Once you've submitted an entry it will belong to me (even if you do not win a prize!), since you'll be drawing my characters.
4. All of Tess's rules apply.
5. If you intend on entering I'd appreciate if you let me know by posting down below even if your entry isn't ready yet (you don't have to do this, but it just gives me an idea of how many entries I'll be receiving).
5. Please do not be discouraged/indimidated by other entries, I will love any drawing you enter, I promise!

Anyone who breaks these rules will be disqualified, but because the character is mine, I will be keeping the art.

1. You may submit as many entries as you'd like, but keep in mind I would prefer quality over quantity (one great drawing over a few half-done ones).
2. I prefer digital over traditional, but traditional drawings are allowed!
3. Drawings can be full bodies, head shots, with or with out background, etc. Obviously, the more work/detail put into the drawing the more I will most likely like it.
4. Each person who enters will get a participation prizes of at least a few uncommons as soon as they've posted their entry!
5. Even if you are only drawing one character, it would be in your favor to read the information provided for all of them, as they all give information about eachother!

UPDATE FOR ENTRANTS POSTED PAGE 15 1/1/18
Happy New Year to everyone!! I'd appreciate if entrants/to be entrants would read the short update on page 15 here

The end date is going to be February 1st, 2018, but I may extend it
The new endate is March 16th, 2018. Read here for more info.

If you have any questions please first read the FAQ and if the question has not been answered then ask in the thread or PM me!

Prizes/Rules<---you are here
Characters
FAQ
Entries

all fonts are from here
Last edited by lumoseverdeen on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 am, edited 48 times in total.
ImageImage Image

lumos | she/her | 18+ |
college student | book lover

my character design shop!

♥ my toy house ♥

art of Zarek by Sixbane
lumoseverdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby lumoseverdeen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:57 am

Things to Know
Age: about 80 years old (relatively young for a dragon, about a young adult)
Size: 10ft tall (to her head when she stands on all four (or three lol) legs)
Personality: Sassy, (sometimes) hotheaded, fiercely protective of those she loves, courageous, playful
Story/History: She lost her leg at a young age during an attack her flight of dragons. She can become extremely defensive and hotheaded when someone says she cannot do something because of her missing leg and she constantly tries (and succeeds) to prove that she can do whatever she sets her mind to. She has a small amount of magic (not sure what exactly she can do yet) and can breath a hot, pale blue fire.
Both she and the next two characters character (Ajax and Esmae) live in a valley in forested mountains, near a lake. So if you want to draw a more detailed background something along those lines would work. If not, more simple backgrounds or transparent backgrounds are always welcome!
Hex Codes:
#EFEE3E
#65DFF6
#6F83CA
#BB57DD
#E1DDD2

More information: She is the oldest character of the bunch (I've had her for years), so I have the most drawings of her and her design is the most concrete. Here is a stash of all the drawings I have of her with some for inspiration. If you select each individual drawing I have put things I like/wish were different for each. I did this because I thought it would be helpful for people entering to see what I like and do not like, but please keep in mind I love and will love every drawing of my characters I receive!!
(I will not be commenting on peoples entries, only on drawings of Aleona done before the contest!)

Things to Know
Age: about 75 years old (relatively young for a dragon, about a young adult)
Size: 12ft tall (to his head when he stands on all four legs)
Personality: Calm, serious, protective, responsible, level-headed
Story/History: He got the scaring on his chest and the small tears in his left wing during the same attack that Aleona lost her leg. The attacked aged him somewhat, not literally or physically, but mentally, so he often tries to act older than his age and takes things very seriously. Both Aleona (and the next character, Esmae) are the only dragons that can get him to let down his guard on occasion, but still, he usually watches from the sidelines while they get up to their shenanigans. Like Aleona, he has small amounts of magic (not sure what exactly yet!) and breaths the same light blue fire.
Hex Codes:
#172C47
#6F97C8
#F6B825
#362A2E

More information: I drew the ref sheet very quickly and I am still okay if you want to interpret his design somewhat in your own way, since his design has not been finalized as much as Aleona's. In my mind his body has a similar build to Aleona's, although he is slightly larger. When drawing him, please keep in the things I've noted (scaring, tears in the left wing, etc.)

sorry about the poor quality ref!
(please read the more information section for notes about her overall design/coloring that I wasn't able to show well in the ref)

Things to Know
Age: about 60 years old (relatively young for a dragon, about a young teenager)
Personality: playful, shy, mysterious, intelligent
Size: smaller than Ajax and Aleona, only around 7ft to her head when she is standing on all four legs
Story/History: In my mind and in the world these characters are in, the more armored and strong a dragon is physically, the less magic it has. Since Esmae isn't armored basically at all (her skin is like fur and her wings are feathered), she has a lot of magic. Her magic is so strong that it cannot be contained, which is why she always has a soft glow around her. Even when she was young, the strength of her magic attracted a lot of attention from other dragons in the world. Many were fearful that her magic would only grow with strength as she got older, so when she was still very young, a group of dragons tried to kill her. Both of her parents died defending her, but luckily she managed to escape and find her way to the Aleona's flight of dragons where she was "adopted" and protected.
(others have tried to kill her since that first time and that is actually how both Ajax and Aleona got injured)

However, Ajax and Aleona (and their flight of dragons) live differently than how Esmae was used to living. Her type of dragons spend almost all of their lives in the sky, living and traveling with only one or two others. Since Esmae was "adopted" at such a young age into Aleona's flight of dragons, she has learned to live well with others, but she is still happiest when she takes flight (either alone or with only Ajax and/or Aleona). She spends as much time flying as she can. She's the youngest dragon in the flight, and since Ajax and Aleona are the closest in age with her, they spend the most time with her. She is like a little sister to them.
Hex Codes:
#A0ECEC
#E0FFFA
#FEE8ED
#EBE8FD

More Information: She doesn't have scales, but has more fur-like texture and feathers. I imagined the texture to look similar to the texture in these drawings: x or x or x. Her coloring is inspired by mother of pearl. Her body is mostly the pale pink but has hints of the blue/purple throughout. The feathers of her wings are a mix of the three colors. The glow of light/magic is around her always, but sometimes dims or brightens. I'm not 100% sure what the extent of her magical abilities are, but the glow is always there. (And she can breath fire, but it is a very pale blue and extremely hot).

Like with Ajax, her ref is (clearly) very rushed and not super detailed, so I am okay with interpretations of her design.

(please read the more information section for notes about his overall design that I wasn't able to show well in the ref)

Things to Know
Personality: Courageous, arrogant, bad-tempered
Size: The largest of the four characters, 15 ft to his head when he stands on all four legs
Story/History: Like I said with Esmae, the more armored and strong a dragon is physically, the less magic it has. Therefore, Zar has very little magic. He can breath fire (basic, yellow/orange fire--not the blue fire of Ajax and Aleona) but otherwise he depends on his size, armor, and claws/spikes to defend himself. He grew up in the flight of dragons that killed Esmae's parents and caused Ajax and Aleona's injuries (although he did not take part in the attacks himself). When interacting with the other characters, he often taunts or provokes them. He's constantly wanting to let out steam and fight. To the other's he's a nuisance and a bit of a bully, but a lot of his personality is due to his upbringing and being taught to be wary of (but show no fear to) the more magical dragons. His anger and bad temperament are more of a facade and underneath he actually sort of wishes he could get along with the others. There are no other dragons close to his age (within 50 years) in his flight of dragons, so Aleona and the other's are the only ones around his age near him.

He lives in drier, almost desert-like plains near the valley and mountains that the others live in. It's only a short flight away.
Hex Codes:
#667b65
#e5d8a8
#cc892a

More Information: His build is stockier and more muscular than any of the other characters and his scales are much thicker/more prominent.
When he is angry or worked up (which is a lot of the time) he has a small amount of smoke coming out of his nostrils.

These characters and their stories are still a bit of a work in progress, so I am sorry if some things are a little vague or unclear. Please, feel free to ask me any clarifying question that you have and I'd be more than happy to answer.

Prizes/Rules
Characters<---you are here
FAQ
Entries
Last edited by lumoseverdeen on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:42 am, edited 24 times in total.
ImageImage Image

lumos | she/her | 18+ |

♥ my toy house ♥

art of Zarek by Sixbane
lumoseverdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby lumoseverdeen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 am

Which character would you rather I draw?

I would love drawings of any of these characters! Just draw whichever one you want to! Obviously, I'd love drawings the newer characters (Ajax, Esmae, and Zarek) since all I have is the quick refs I made, but Aleona is my baby and I love her dearly and I am always looking for new drawings of her! Whichever character you draw will not affect your chances of wining (that is, a drawing of Aleona is not more likely to win over a drawing of Ajax/Esmae/Zar or vice versa!)

Can your dragon characters breath fire?

Yes, they can! Zarek breaths just normal fire, Ajax and Aleona breath a light blue fire, and Esmae breaths a pale blue fire.If you want to draw them breathing fire, go ahead!

Can I draw your characters together?

Yes, you may! You can very easily draw any combination of Ajax, Aleona, and Esmae. Ajax and Aleona are age mates and have known each other since they we're hatchlings and they've known Esmae for nearly as long. None of them are romantic and their relationships are much closer to that of best friends or brother/sisters. If you draw them together, please keep in mind Ajax is slightly larger than Aleona, and Esmae is much smaller than both of them.

(As one of her entries stormy and rescuer did this pixel drawing to scale of all four characters together, so you can use this as a rough estimate of their size if you are drawing two or more together)

As for Zar, you can draw him with the others, but a scene with him and any of the other characters would most likely be tense or a fight scene as they do not get along very well.

(Also note: I will consider 1 drawing of 2 characters together equal to the value of 2 entries, since you'll be drawing more than one character!)

Can I draw them in ______ style?

All art styles are welcome! While I would like for you to stay as close to the references as possible, I am more than okay with slight alterations in order to fit the characters into your style of art!

Do you have fullbodies of Ajax/Esmae/Zarek?

Unfortunately, I'm not a good enough drawer to do dragon fullbodies so I only have the basic refs shown plus descriptions. It's possible other entrants have drawn full bodies of them though so you can check the entry page for possible inspiration!

Is it okay if I don't use Oekaki?

Any art program (or traditional art) is allowed as long as you can send me the photo or a link to it.

Can I post my artwork to DA?

Of course! Just make sure to mention the character belongs to me (I'm LumosEverdeen on DA or you can just say lumoseverdeen on CS). Also, please send me the link to it so I can add it to my favorites :)

Prizes/Rules
Characters
FAQ<---you are here
Entries
Last edited by lumoseverdeen on Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 am, edited 21 times in total.
ImageImage Image

lumos | she/her | 18+ |

♥ my toy house ♥

art of Zarek by Sixbane
lumoseverdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entries

Postby lumoseverdeen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

Last edited by lumoseverdeen on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am, edited 37 times in total.
lumoseverdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: prize : raven dog, shima longtail, and more! (art contes

Postby GAIRENTH » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Definitely Marking!!
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sanitizarium » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

mark

iripley - he/it - adult
hi!! im sanitizarium :] im
fairly inactive on cs but i
check in sometimes! pms
xtare always open ^-^
──────────────────
xmy art | Image Image Image
sanitizarium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benz truck » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Mark!

✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩

Image she/her || bi || west coast Image
Image why you trippin'? you'll be with your friends soon Image
benz truck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumoseverdeen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 am

bump
ImageImage Image

lumos | she/her | 18+ |

♥ my toy house ♥

art of Zarek by Sixbane
lumoseverdeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rookie rook » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:23 am

Since you're keeping all the drawings, everyone who enters gets something, right?
rookie rook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me