music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby angelo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 am

i just wanted to say that i gave my idol aka frank iero a painting once at a concert and he gave me a hug it was a nice experience okay goodbye
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 pm

@angelo i want a hug from frank iero oh my god bless his soul.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm

hi guysss here's a q since it's been kinda quiet lately

Code: Select all
    [b]what have you been listening to lately?[/b]

personally i've been getting into a lot more pop-ish indie which is kinda surprising even to me but besidess that a lot of foster the people (spotify discover started recommending it for some reason lol), wild party (mainly only outright and chasing honey but they're both pretty cool) and i've especially been getting into alt-j lately - before i only really listened to breezeblocks and tesselate but i decided to listen to 'an awesome wave' in its entirety and it's actually really nice experimental art rock-ish?? and i've started listening to a bit of the other two albums but the first is my favourite rn

i'm also considering asking for a record player for xmas and getting into collecting but i'm worried it's gonna be pretty expensive, how has your guys' experience been w record collecting? is it a total money sink lol or (and does it sound better than digital?)
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm

what have you been listening to lately?

I can't say I've been all over the place but I've recently returned to twenty one pilots after about two years of not really caring about what was going on with them. I straight up ditched them after blurryface came out which I totally regret btw because that was an amazing album. Idk I've been listening to a crap ton of their old stuff.

I've also been getting into punk and heavy metal. When I was a kid, I told myself I'd be a rebel one day and listen to all that music and ig here I am. It's mainly sex pistols and Ronnie James Dio at the moment but I'm hoping to expand into more metal bands. My friend has suggested a whole ton of Metallica songs.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm

honestly i've been listening to music less and less. i neither have the time nor the patience but i do listen to music while going to school which takes about an hour.
    mostly green day, the sex pistols and blink-182 but i've been getting more into k-pop, specifically nct and block b. i kind of abandoned everything i used to listen to, my chemical romance and fall out boy and twenty one pilots just don't appeal to me the way they used to. (well i guess this is growing up - damnit, blink-182) school has been a lot and i'm learning base guitar now !! so i guess i have been getting into some new stuff. i've honestly changed a lot with my music interest shift, but i like how things are going. music has affected me a lot but it might be near time to part with my obsession with it.

i've been listening to some of vessel by twenty one pilots?? good album, but i really don't know how i feel about it just yet??
    also my obsession with frank iero has kinda dissipated and i.. kind of miss being obsessed with him?? it gave me stuff to do and think about and now who am i gonna fanboy over?

but yeah. i love this thread and i like seeing how our music tastes change and how we change, and although i don't know you guys well, you're honestly super great.
        lost in a world
    that doesn't exist
angelo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:00 am

HBS, Soundgarden, Queens Of The Stone Age, Hater.
My friend played me some songs by a band called Future Of The Left too, they were pretty good! I'm gonna ask for CDs of HBS' album, Them Crooked Vultures' album and Brotherhood Of Electric by the Wellwater Conspiracy for Christmas. Amazing albums, would recommend. I can't think of anything I don't like about HBS - In Deep Owl, apart from the cymbals at the end of Koda being a bit loud and the intro of Neverone Blues going on a bit long, the rest of the album is perfect o: I love Veritas, it's gotta be my favourite.

And yeah, I'll get that review done, might do another as well because I have this urge to review In Deep Owl actually. Songs For The Deaf was the only one people voted for so I'll get it done at some point

horchata wrote:
    i'm also considering asking for a record player for xmas and getting into collecting but i'm worried it's gonna be pretty expensive, how has your guys' experience been w record collecting? is it a total money sink lol or (and does it sound better than digital?)

Oh man is it a money sink. It's a lovely money sink though. c:

I got my record player for about £100 off Amazon, and I've lost count of how much I've spent on the records themselves. I just love them. I love how big record collections look on shelves, and I love how big they are. I haven't doon much comparing between CD audio and my records though, for some reason my own record player doesn't play through headphones when I plug them in (I think it treats them as a phone being plugged in with aux which is kinda sad) and the built in speakers aren't the best. I play them sometimes when I'm just milling about in my room, doing other things, then I'm not focusing on the sound quality but more on the fact that I have something playing in the background while I'm on my xbox. There's a really old record player downstairs though, it's probably from the 80s and it has a turntable, a radio and a tape deck, and it's connected to some equally old but still good quality speakers. If I was gonna compare how things sounded I'd use that one
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 am

favorite artist? why?: imagine dragons - they've got some of my favorite kind of music
    all-time favorite song? why?: oof that's a hard one, um can i come back to this question
    least favorite artist? why?: any rappers - im sorry but i just don't like rap
    current favorite song? why?: currently, it'd have to be "Rainbow" by SIA. i swear it's not bc of the mlp movie *sweats* no but really, i think it's a genuinely good song, and i like the way it's sung
    favorite album?: imagine dragons - evolve
    favorite music news source?: i dont really watch or follow any news sources?? i mean i follow my favorite artists on instagram n stuff, does that count?
    favorite music platform?: youtube, spotify
    who have you seen live?: Imagine Dragons (twice), Federal Empire, and Lindsey Stirling

(I just find it funny that im wearing Imagine Dragons merch and listening to music as i post this lmao)
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am

The Agonist, Apocalyptica, Palaye Royale, Pulled Apart by Horses, and Nine Inch Nails. That's not too weird is it? My tastes have always been on the eclectic side of things.

@morioh

PM me, and I'll give you the best punk and metal type stuff there is in one ginormous list that'll take forever for me to type up. A list so long it will probably take you a year to go through. A list spanning everytime from the 80s to present day!
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ativanblues » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:38 pm

i’ve been all over the place, but that’s kind of expected. i’ve been listening to a lot of punk (mainly screeching weasel & black flag) and i’ve really been digging it? if anyone knows any good punk bands hmuu
then there’s the usual. fall out boy, blink-182, ghost bc, blackbear, lil peep, arctic monkeys, you know.
i’ve been listening to xxxtentacion lately too?? he’s really popular right now and i hate myself for liking him but oh well
also khalid, he’s really good
and the black album by metallica always
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
    liv - she/they - virgo - sXe
    hi im liv, i not on here much
    these days but feel free to
    say hi if u see me lurking....
    i like music, sonic, antiques,
    and classic literature (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。♡‧
    ♫ pop out like a toast ✧ ♫ Image
    ————————————————
    ...,,...,,..my spotify
    ————————————————
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ativanblues

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 am

i've recently discovered Nothing But Thieves and LANY! i love their songs so much and i really enjoy nbt's sound. my favourite song from them's probably 'if i get high'. it's rare to get music that can transport you to places and i felt that with 'if i get high'. i love the depth in the lyrics especially. i enjoyed 'sorry', 'broken machine', 'wake up call' and 'lover, please stay'. as for LANY i loved thir single kinda. ilove their chill vibes, it relaxes me a lot. their music kinda gives me a sort of roadtrip, chilling at the beach vibe. my favourite song from them's 'yea, babe, no way' and 'quit'.

i've also been getting into blur. i was first introduced to them by a friend of mine but i've recently grown a sudden liking to them. their songs are really funky and psychedelic, they always put me into a good mood. i've been listening a lot to the 1975 and the arctic monkeys again as well.

xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves