Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby taurus ; » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm

*****Rant*****

This woman at my schools likes those big sloppy bullies and uGHH, it annoys me soo much because she always calls them pitbulls!
So I was like, ' Do you even know what a real pitbull looks like' and she spouts off about Hulk and all that, so I show her some beautifully conditioned APBTs. First thing she says, 'oH THAT'S ABUSE', speaking of Lat muscles and SLIGHTLY visible ribs. So I say, 'No that's what a pitbull looks like in prime condition, I bet little to no American Bully can look like that because most owners are too busy fattening them up on unneeded supplements and overfeeding for big size and really the dog is just obese.'
It was also funny watching her try to argue that Hulk is a purebred pitbull, pitbulls can be blue, and that red nose and blue nose is a valid way to classify a dog, typical uneducated people stuff lol.

She also said I'm dog racist? ??! How even-idk. I said no a real pitbull from old, game lines will never ever be blue, dilute black, whatever you wanna call it. She says ' So what's your favorite color in a dog?'. Note how she asked my opinion. I say 'Imo**** I love pure black APBTS, maybe a little white on the chest/neck area, but never on the legs/feet (toe tips), body, or tail.' She goes 'oh wow, so you only like black dogs??!!', so I get sort of defensive and say 'Well considering the amount of black dogs that get skipped over in shelters, I think my love for them is great'
'OH YOU'RE DOGGY RACIST THAT'S MEAN TO OTHER COLORED DOGS, THEY ALL DESERVE LOVE'

Ahh, don't you guys just love people?
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:34 pm

halogen. wrote:*****Rant*****

This woman at my schools likes those big sloppy bullies and uGHH, it annoys me soo much because she always calls them pitbulls!
So I was like, ' Do you even know what a real pitbull looks like' and she spouts off about Hulk and all that, so I show her some beautifully conditioned APBTs. First thing she says, 'oH THAT'S ABUSE', speaking of Lat muscles and SLIGHTLY visible ribs. So I say, 'No that's what a pitbull looks like in prime condition, I bet little to no American Bully can look like that because most owners are too busy fattening them up on unneeded supplements and overfeeding for big size and really the dog is just obese.'
It was also funny watching her try to argue that Hulk is a purebred pitbull, pitbulls can be blue, and that red nose and blue nose is a valid way to classify a dog, typical uneducated people stuff lol.

She also said I'm dog racist? ??! How even-idk. I said no a real pitbull from old, game lines will never ever be blue, dilute black, whatever you wanna call it. She says ' So what's your favorite color in a dog?'. Note how she asked my opinion. I say 'Imo**** I love pure black APBTS, maybe a little white on the chest/neck area, but never on the legs/feet (toe tips), body, or tail.' She goes 'oh wow, so you only like black dogs??!!', so I get sort of defensive and say 'Well considering the amount of black dogs that get skipped over in shelters, I think my love for them is great'
'OH YOU'RE DOGGY RACIST THAT'S MEAN TO OTHER COLORED DOGS, THEY ALL DESERVE LOVE'

Ahh, don't you guys just love people?

Doggy racist, haha! I was called dog fatphobic.

I disagree on the blue dogs thing though. APBTs, from old game lines, can be blue. Two black dogs can throw a blue dog, it's literally just a recessive gene, it's a color, a dilute of black.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:42 am

*happy dance !!*

I just got full rights to Spade, eek!! Basically meaning, the breeding contract that I got Spade on is now void. I still plan for her to have one litter max(not anytime soon) a great deal better than the breeder because he had 3 littlers planned for her. Her breeder has been a dogman for 40 years now and is getting out of it, I had to stop myself from snatching up some of his dogs haha.

I'll try to get some pictures of my firecracker in here soon though, at just never sits still long enough for me to get any decent pictures lmao.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am

halogen. wrote:*happy dance !!*

I just got full rights to Spade, eek!! Basically meaning, the breeding contract that I got Spade on is now void. I still plan for her to have one litter max(not anytime soon) a great deal better than the breeder because he had 3 littlers planned for her. Her breeder has been a dogman for 40 years now and is getting out of it, I had to stop myself from snatching up some of his dogs haha.

I'll try to get some pictures of my firecracker in here soon though, at just never sits still long enough for me to get any decent pictures lmao.

yass, congrats!

Can't wait to see more pics of Spade too <3
-

An exotic breeder is having a hissy fit at me online. I typed 7 words: "neither of those dogs are pit bulls", and now this grown ass man has tagged me in five comments without me replying once. Like, dude, your dog has more fame than most real APBTs will ever get, a little criticism on Facebook isn't going to kill you. His dog is named Queen Califia btw, advertised as "$75,000 micro pit bull".
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 am

Yeah, it's too bad his dog looks like a french bulldog with cropped ears :lol:

I don't even try to educate people about pitbulls anymore, it's like arguing with a brick wall. Now if I mention it and they're open to learning more, I'll educate but if they get pissed and spout off 'MY DOG IS AN AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER HE HAS PAPERS', yeah no I don't even deal with people like that anymore.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Honestly, dog owners are so much harder to deal with than their dogs.

I wrote an essay on anti-tethering laws and my English teacher said it was really good, woop. I think I articulated my argument pretty well, and I'm decently proud. I would probably share it in other places, but I quoted a particularly controversial figure in the APBT community and I don't want to get into that argument.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

That whole barcroft video is jacked. The "APBT" they showcased was not an APBT first of all. Now I like micro bullies when correctly bred, his dog is NOT worth 75k... IMO. But then again value and beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Anyways. His dogs tail is short and appears kinked, knowing for the breed they will have kinked or short tails but alot of people prefer the full tail and breed for the dogs to have the full tail. 2nd the dogs breathing is messed up. Not a good thing, the dog should not sound like its struggling to breathe or about to die. The dogs rear is to high she does not have a good topline. Fronts look bad too. To me personally she isnt breeding quality and not worth 75k. Thats just me though. (:
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby macabrex » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 am

i had a pitbull mix who recently passed and i absolutely loved him. he was such a handsome boy. in the future, i hope to own a few pitbulls. honestly, they are the sweetest dogs out there. i hate how they have a bad reputation, and you kind of have to think why they do before you judge them like that. they don't deserve it at all.

═══════════════════════════════
𝑺𝒉𝒆/𝒉𝒆𝒓 ܍ 𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑷 ܍ 𝑽𝒊𝒓𝒈𝒐 ☼ 𝑨𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 ☾ ܍ 𝑫𝒆𝒎𝒊-𝑩𝒊
═══════════════════════════════

══════════════════════════
Hi I'm Maca :) I trade CS for FR

CS->FR - C$ Store -FR -

══════════════════════════

macabrex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:31 pm

ktaehyung. wrote:i had a pitbull mix who recently passed and i absolutely loved him. he was such a handsome boy. in the future, i hope to own a few pitbulls. honestly, they are the sweetest dogs out there. i hate how they have a bad reputation, and you kind of have to think why they do before you judge them like that. they don't deserve it at all.

They really don't. They're the best dogs I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I wish they were judged like any other dog, they may not be for everyone but their reputation is ridiculous. I bet your dog was beautiful <3

Edit: Some pics from this weekend.

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:04 am

maninkari wrote:
ktaehyung. wrote:i had a pitbull mix who recently passed and i absolutely loved him. he was such a handsome boy. in the future, i hope to own a few pitbulls. honestly, they are the sweetest dogs out there. i hate how they have a bad reputation, and you kind of have to think why they do before you judge them like that. they don't deserve it at all.

They really don't. They're the best dogs I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I wish they were judged like any other dog, they may not be for everyone but their reputation is ridiculous. I bet your dog was beautiful <3

Edit: Some pics from this weekend.

Aww, they’re such cute babies. I honestly love pit bulls, they’re such cute dogs. Thanks for sharing those pit bull photos with us! That made my night a lot better ^^
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting