What animals do you own? (Poll)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What animals do you have?

Cat
25%
Dog
28%
Bird
7%
Rat or Mouse
5%
Lizard/Snake or similar
7%
Ferret/Weasel or similar
2%
Guinea pig/Hamster/Gerbil or similar
10%
Horse/Pony/Donkey etc
8%
Chickens/Sheep or other 'farm animals'
6%
None :(
2%

Total votes : 47060

Re: What animals do you own? (Poll)

Postby Kalik-ing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I am a proud cat owner! My boy Magnus was a rather fun story, I think. His mother's owner never took care of his mom and aunt, so they got pregnant by some random Tom on the street. Both litters were all girls except for my beloved boy, so he was already special just for that! The neighbor lady of the uncaring owner saw all of his happen and ended up taking all of the kittens in because she was so worried for them. She ended up taking all the girls to the animal shelter, as she already had two cats and a dog, but couldn't bring herself to take Magnus. (Then named Butterfinger) This lady just loved my cat! She swore up and down he was the sweetest most personable cat, and I agree.

Fast forward a few months! It's my birthday and I'm desperately wanting a ferret, but no, no ferrets. A snake perhaps? No, no snakes. A cat then! For goodness sake, I needed a pet to love me and only me. We went to the shelter to pick out a cat and paid for her. She was a precious little kitten with a lump the size of a golf ball on her belly from where she was spayed. She just lay on my lap and didn't move much. We pay for her, pay for the box to take her home in after getting approved after a five hour wait time. No, they weren't busy, they were just that uncaring about the people who came to adopt. After five hours of waiting, we get told "you can't take the cat home, it has a fever! We'll give her some cold water and call you tomorrow." Fast forward again, a week this time. No call, no cat, no money returned. We call the shelter and they say this cat is still sick, still with a bad fever. The only thing they did for her was give her cold water. Remember that lump I mentioned? Most likely infection from her spay procedure. And cold water? That doesn't make an infection go away. The shelter refused to refund us our money, refused to give us the cat, and refused to let us choose a different cat. I was kittyless, and that cat was supposed to be my birthday gift! (A super important thing for a very depressed 15 year old, mind you) My mother went over the shelter manager's head to the CEO or whoever to get our money back, and we blasted bad reviews all over for these people.

Another few weeks go by, and my health is just plummeting because of my depression and anxiety. My aunt's friend's mother still had Butterfinger (Now Magnus) and he needed a forever home. We drove to meet them halfway and voila! My precious, personable, incredible cat has been with me for several years now.

This cat learns fast. He knows he can push or pull a door, knows several quasi commands, a few tricks, and runs to the door anytime I have visitors to check them out! He loves to lay all twisted up into a pretzal and upside down on the couch, playing with household objects and his toys, as well as looking out windows. He seems to remember my regular visitors and runs to the door anytime I come home from being away. I adore this cat, and he seems to adore me just as much. >u<

~Sorry for the wall of text! I just love animals (mine in particular) so much!
Kalik-ing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slavicfunk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:22 am

I once had two hamsters, and they got kids. So we sold them. lol :lol:
slavicfunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mintey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 am

I have like 50 goats :3, 4 doggos, 4 kitties, 2 cows, 12 ducks (I think I am getting more today :o), 5 turkehhhs, 12 chickens + 10 baby chicks owo, andddddddddddd a pig oink oink.
Mintey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I have like 50 goats :3, 4 doggos, 4 kitties, 2 cows, 12 ducks (I think I am getting more today :o), 5 turkehhhs, 12 chickens + 10 baby chicks owo, andddddddddddd a pig oink oink.
Mintey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mintey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellsing » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:03 pm

I have two Cats. Minna and Nyra there now 3 years old but still behave like kittens.
And a bunny. Brownie wich is now 8 years old :D
Hellsing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby all_guns_blazin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:08 pm

I have 2 dogs and 2 rabbits.
Gunner is a mutt, I got him from a rescue who saved him from a hoarding situation.
My newest puppy doesn't even have a name yet, she's a pit bull/heeler mix that I got for free from a lady that couldn't keep her.
Then I have Lucy, my female bunny and
Benny, my male bunny
all_guns_blazin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animalz_Lover » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:02 pm

I used to have a cocker spaniel named honey (she looked liked lady from lady and the tramp) but we had to get rid of her because she was not nice to strangers and we were about to have a baby. But now (after my parents got a divorce) my mom has two cats my dad is allergic though. The older one we got just after she moved is Catrick Stewart named after the actor is Star Trek he is a light gray with darker stripes down his back and the new kitten Neptune, he used to have little white hairs all over him but now they have faded and now he only has white hairs by his butt and tail and by the tips of his ears
Animalz_Lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLonelyGod » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:36 am

I got a French bulldog called Ethel. She acts like a pig but gosh everything she does is really cute.
TheLonelyGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceflurry » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:18 am

I HAVE 12 CATS!!
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me