Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby Brynmala » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:22 am

oh dear - where to start? I've had so many pets, many of them old when I got them...

Various goldfish, 4 gerbils - Jerry (my first 'real' pet), Willow 1 who died after only a week with us, Willow 2 and Tara

cats:
Tabby, my first cat who I had from a kitten, pts aged 11 from kidney failure
Nermal, his mother, died age 15 with thyroid problems
Shale, another of Nermal's kittens, different litter though. Died aged 9 from heart failure under anaesthetic at the vet for a routine teeth cleaning. The same day Tabby was pts... a dark day :(
Sid (Obsidian), Shale's litter sister, pts age 15, also from kidney failure
Purdy, alergic to everything, had a heart murmur and a 'lumpy' liver. pts from cancer aged around 13
Phoebe, 10 when I got her, diabetic, I never expected her to last until she was 18. She was pts because of an aggressive tumour on her jaw
Boo, 15 when she arrived, 17 when she left - heart failure
Star, blind from birth and my soulmate, the sweetest cat imaginable, he used to chat away to me. He was 16 when I got him and 18 when he was pts, also kidney failure
Min (Minou) a stray kitten who turned up the day we were burying my cousin, and the day before Star was pts - she was my 'therapy kitten'. Somehow I always knew I wouldn't have her long, she was killed on the road aged 5, just last year.
Cleo (aka Meezl), a 13 year old Siamese, superb and loving cat, she was pts with bowel cancer only a year after we had her
Mia (aka Wheezl), a 14 year old Siamese, a chronic asthmatic, I hoped I and the vets could improve her condition. we couldn't. She was pts just 4 months ago.

dogs:
Sasha - ex racing greyhound, a lovely dog who I took on from a friend who could no longer keep her. pts aged 11
Rosie - also and ex racer, and coincidentally Sasha's 'neice', she had a back injury sustained in the kennel which ended her racing career (she was quite good), and ultimately nerve damage from a re-activation of the injury ended her life too, aged 13
Shea (Shaman) - really my partner's dog, a Greyhound/collie/viszla lurcher. A cracking dog, there wasn't anything you couldn't teach him. He even went to crufts in a display team. He had some sort of congenital bowel disorder that vets couldn't identify or fix, he died aged only 9, well before his time

rabbits:
Tee, a rex doe, a truly beautiful rabbit with the most vile temperament.
Jazz, tri colour dwarf lop buck, much put upon by Tee
Fidgit, tri colour dwarf lop buck
Hattie, black and white dwarf lop
Bramble, tri colour dwarf lop buck, virtually identical to Jazz, but twice the size... 'dwarf' was only a figure of speech around him, he was the same size as Min the cat.

Horses:
My partner had ponies as a child, first Charlie a welsh mare, and her (surprise) daughter Lucky. Outgrowing them she got Kelly a 14.1hh grey gelding. I don't remember Charlie (who got spooked one night and broke her leg), but I do remember the other two. Lucky was around 28 when she died, Kelly was 35 and still going strong - he was pts because of a tooth abscess that we couldn't clear up, and we didn't want to put him through an anaesthetic at that age.
Ruby a shetland x mare who we got for driving. She was a superb little pony, brave but sensible and got us out of some scrapes! She also wasn't ready to go, but was pts at 21 as a result of a stupid accident - she got a puncture wound in the field, we didn't realise how deep it was and her fetlock joint got infected... after months of drugs, box rest, poulticing to no apparent effect there was nothing more could be done.

So, one candle for 27 animals, spread over 40 or so years... run free small furs, I'll see you at the bridge.
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xiangling » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:11 am

Today, my bunny, Cream died. I loved him very much and I hope he'll be remembered.Image
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚ potato mochi tastes so much better when you have something to be happy about!

Image sunny Image fifteen Image any/all
xiangling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:31 am

On August 4th, I had to have my dear old girl Nikki euthanized as she was suffering from numerous and reoccurring bladder stones and heart disease. She was in pain and was struggling to breath, so I know I made the right decision. Pictured above is one of the last photos taken of us together, mere minutes before her battle ended. She was a warrior and a lovely, free spirited gal until the very end. I miss her every day, but I have her cremation urn seated next to my other pigs' cage, so I see her every day and am reminded of the good memories we had together. Pictured below is the urn.
"If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died."
Nikki
07/16/2011 - 08/04/2017
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShireX » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:15 am

A few weeks ago, we had to put our last Berner, Mora, to sleep. She was ten and a few months. We lost our other two back in 2015, at age 12 1/2 and 11 1/2. Mora definitely had a special place in my heart and I still miss her. We've had Berners for 30+ years and it never gets easier to lose them. :cry: But I'll never stop having them, no matter how many times they break my heart!

"Angel, I would steal the rainbow, soak up all your sorrows..."

"Humans. Your griefs, your pains, fix you to moments in the past long gone. You're like butterflies with your wings pinned." -Q
ShireX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spindellar » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:21 am

2C20E39D-96E6-4F81-9740-E54688C33647.jpeg
2C20E39D-96E6-4F81-9740-E54688C33647.jpeg (67.73 KiB) Viewed 378 times
I lost my cat comet when she was hit by a car just on the 24th... she was so so so sweet... and now she is gone.
spindellar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oddball1234 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

RIP to the most wonderfull, Loving. Sweetest dog I ever had

Justice was just a big baby. Never harmed anyone. Sadly he started to get sick and coudn't get better so sadly we had to let him go. It was the worst day of my life. I cried so hard and hugged and kissed him as much as I could. Told him how muched I loved him. I miss him so much. He helped me throught those crazy teen years. I wish he was still by my side. I can't belive on December 4th it will be 4 years without him :(

╔═════════════════════════╗

“All I can see is my life
flashing before my eyes.
But that’s okay: I always skip
the boring bits.”

╚═════════════════════════╝

oddball1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruthless » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:13 pm

I had received a message earlier on tonight, it was from my mom's new boyfriend. He said he had bad news for me, but he would rather tell me in person. He mentioned it was nothing too major, that my mom and dad were both fine and that he'd call within the hour. A couple hours past, so I decided I'd rather him just tell me anyways. He was worried that I'd be scared, that life is not always fair. The next message read that my dog had been mauled by the neighbor's dog. I often find myself thinking that I'm heartless, that I don't care anymore, but once it sunk in I was heartbroken. When my mom and I lost our home I was taken away, resulting to leaving my dog behind. Apparently there was a few legal issues that needed to be solved, but I was granted supervised visits with my mom. For my second visit my mom didn't show, so we rode around looking for her. We came across Becky's garage, who had taken my dog for me until my mom could take me back. We thought we should ask her if she had seen my mom earlier this week. I didn't get to see my mom that day, but I got a special visit from my little friend who I haven't seen in two months. I could hear him yipping as soon as we pulled up to the garage. I sat in the grass and let him roll around in my lap like he used to. I scratched his belle, ran my fingers through his soft fur, and looked into his eyes while rubbing his ears. Like usual, he started throwing a fit once I left, barking at me for me to return to the garage at once as I entered the van. I always know that one day would be the last day I ever saw him, but little did I know he would die the next day. Within this year, two dogs have died in that yard. My dog, and my father's dog. Sometimes I felt my dog and a friendly stray cat were my only friends. Staying up until 5:00 AM over the summer sitting on the porch together, cuddling with him before I went to sleep, and staring out the window with him when there was nothing else to do but sleep. He was the most innocent dog I had ever owned. Not once did he bite me, never ran farther than the neighbors yard. I was told he died instantly when the dog attacked him, but that's just what you tell someone when a love one has died. He was only a year and a half, and we had so many more memories to make. Unfortunately, it didn't end well for the other dog either. He said the dog who killed him is supposed to be euthanized, but the owner has him for the time being. Please, watch your dog at all times.

November 5, 2017
    Rest in peace, Teddy.
Last edited by ruthless on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ruthless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dxrmon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 pm

in memory of sampson and wall-e, they are greatly missed

wall-e was an outdoor cat and she would leave for several days at a time. but one time she was gone for four days and came back with a broken jaw and scraches all over her. she was all bloody and couldnt eat. im glad she didnt have to suffer for too long... she will be loved.

sampson will be missed, but i will get too emotional if i right his story...
this dog taught me how to live life to the fullest.
dxrmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obliviious » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Click the candle if you'd like to see Suzie

In loving memory of Suzie,I miss you dearly
I lost Suzie on the 26th of March 2017. It was heartbreaking to see her go,I grew up with her. I'd always go outside with her instead of being inside when I was told to. Whenever I came home from school she was always their to greet me, she would run up to me and almost make me fall to the ground. She had gotten a tumour in February and she had to get it removed..It was on the side of her head so she kept scratching it and rubbing it on the ground. We put treatment (Betadine) on the tumour but she would just rub it off on the ground. When she was in surgery we had to leave her there for 1 day, When it came time to pick her up we left but we got there just when the vet was closing.When the next day came, she was energised,happy and well. But everything went downhill fast. She wasn't eating much, The only time she would eat is when I fed her dog biscuits. She would drink water but not often. On Sunday the 26th of March my father was mowing the lawn so I said to Suzie " I'll see you later girl,I love you from the moon and back." I went inside and went on the computer to check something. I don't know the full story of what happened but when my father finished mowing he noticed that Suzie wasn't moving so he looked at her and told my mother around the back window. My mother rushed out the door and I was standing there confused as to what just happened. I went out and saw Suzie laying there peacefully. We called this place called Pet Angel and they came to get her. About 4 days after they gave us a box with her ashes in it and a necklace with the ashes inside it too. On Monday I came to school crying my eyes out, My friends were there to support me and to this day I always wear that necklace in remembrance of her.

5/6/2003-26/3/2017
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
.....|| australian || she/her || capricorn ||
╔═════════════════════════════╗
...always open to pms or any messages x
╚═════════════════════════════╝
..........|| credit || my trade thread ||
.........................♥ ♡ ♥
obliviious

My pets
My items
My wishlist