Sites that DO NOT allow off-site trading [Old thread]

Post here for trades involving items, pets, points or currency from other websites (FR, Wajas, mweor, etc)

Re: Sites that DO NOT allow off-site trading

Postby Vannillamelon. » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Y are so many games band?
I like food! Check these out!
ImagesiverImage partytime
Vannillamelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Vannillamelon. wrote:Y are so many games band?

Because those are the rules set in place by the owners of the respective games.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:40 pm

While its not mentioned anywhere regarding Ovipets, I did contact them and they do permit offsite trading

http://prntscr.com/gtuerk theres the screenshot

if needed I can forward the email address
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Topiratti wrote:While its not mentioned anywhere regarding Ovipets, I did contact them and they do permit offsite trading

http://prntscr.com/gtuerk theres the screenshot

if needed I can forward the email address

I'm not staff but since it's been a while I thought I might pop in with my theory

It seems like a Facebook account is required to even view the ovipets site? That's immediately a red flag for CS because it's against FB's TOS to sign up with false information AND you are required to put in personal information when making a FB account and can't hide everything (minimum viewable is your full name, possibly more). What's the account creation like, then? Most of the time, when you have to sign in with a third party site, the details from that site are used to create an account. For FB this will mean stuff like your full name. I don't have a FB, so I don't know what Ovipets accounts are like, but I would be very surprised if it's not one of the many sites out there that freely (with permission from the user) use details from the third party site that usually has personal info on it (FB, Google+, etc).

I think the rule against offsite trading with Facebook games is more a CS-derived rule than an offsite-derived rule, similar to the ban on AJ trades but for a different reason.

If this is the case, then maybe this can be specified and then broadened in the first post? e.g. "We don't allow offsite trades with sites that require you to sign up with personal information, because then you would have to exchange personal information on CS to do these offsite trades" or something

If Ovipets has a non-standard account creation process that allows users to hide effectively all of their personal information, let us know; the de facto standard for sites that make you log in via a third party is to create an account using details from the third party account and not hide them (which makes me bang my head against the wall because two of the most popular choices for third party accounts are FB and Google+ and people apparently have no sense of self security)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am

You can change your name to something different when using ovipets - so your user name on FB will not be seen if you change it through the Ovipets website

http://prntscr.com/gy8ymw thats what mine looks like, my name is reserved, so no one else can take it, but i dont think ive seen anyone use their real name on ovipets

you can also upload an avatar, so someone may upload a picture of themselves, or they may not

im using my friends page (this is what i see when i click her name) it shows my player name in the right corner

it shows location but not the city or anything - so if your from the US - it shows a USA flag

so none of your personal info is viewable - pictures, friends lists etc... in short you cant click anywhere on ovipets to get to a players actual FB page

http://prntscr.com/gy8zlu <--- what i see when i click on someones name (im using my friend who also plays CS using the same user name for reference)

no staff has said other wise, and ovipets wouldnt of said its ok with it, if there seemed to be a problem, but this is up too cs
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Ooh, nice
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sathalina » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Are we allowed to Off-site with Pokefarm Q?

I went to search for it on this thread but nothing showed up.
Sathalina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiamarialee1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 am

Is it possible to trade dragons and items from flightrising for pets and items in chicken smoothie
Thanks
tiamarialee1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:59 am

tiamarialee1 wrote:Is it possible to trade dragons and items from flightrising for pets and items in chicken smoothie
Thanks

Yes!
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 am

Skysong wrote:
tiamarialee1 wrote:Is it possible to trade dragons and items from flightrising for pets and items in chicken smoothie
Thanks

Yes!

Yes.the only thing you can't trade is your flight rising account
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me