What Names Have You Given Pets? [Current or Past]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What Names Have You Given Pets? [Current or Past]

Postby PeterParker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm

I was wondering what names you all have given pets, either current or past. Anything weird, or creative or just the good old classics?

I have had heaps, so heres mine to get started;

Dogs; Teddy and Buddy (my current pets), Obi (After Obi-Wan Kenobi), Harley, Tippy
Cats; Shadow, Molly, Mitzi, Ozzie, Hunter, Cleopatra/Cleo, Luna, Zeus
Birds; Nibbler, Bucky
Rabbits; Tigerlily, Rose, Patch, Blackberry, Tunsa (was mums idea of a joke as she was going to breed bunnies, and he was our first male so he was going to give us 'tunsa' babies), Bella, Willow, Sooty, Pearl, Dawn and Dusk,
Guinea Pigs; Cookies, Butterscotch, Marshmellow, Toffee, Maggie, Lily and Lilac, Carlisle (after the dude from Twilight, I went through a stage), Jack, Macey, Lacey, Truffles and Ruffles (were my two babies)
Fish; Leia/Luke, Rey, Padme, BB-8, Colossus, Magik, Jekyll and Hyde, Bonnie and Clyde, and my neons are called the Iron Legion. All my current fish look the same so they don't have name.

I am going to be getting two finches and am tossing up whether to call them matching names or name them after greek wind gods. Or other options are Porg, Davos or Darwin, cause I am a massive nerd

So leave a post saying what awesome pet names you have had. Keen to see what you guys have had :)
Lights Off
PeterParker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What Names Have You Given Pets? [Current or Past]

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 am

Ruby (rat) Oliver (rat) Henry (rat) Dyson (rat) Cain (rat) Salvador (rat) Gorden (rat) danny (rat)

Jake(pitbull) Oscar (boxer) Wilbur(staffordshire bull terrier) Gator (pitmix) Kennedy(apt) Deacon(pitmix) And Zeus(greatdane)

Sundancer(betta) And Blue(betta)

And Daisy(trantuala)

Yes, I have and have had alot of pets :lol: :lol:
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:41 am

Past:
Mitzi: a female calico that died of feline leukemia... saved from a bad home

Logan: a male grey/white tabby same story as Mitzi they were siblings

Victor/Oliver: brothers, ragdolls. oliver was killed by my basset hound victor ran away

Sox: female snowshoe died of cancer

Sarah: sox’s kitten that has a new home

Butterscotch: male orange/white tabby and the father of sarah and sebastian. ran away.

Princess: female Basset Hound, she died from cancer two years ago..

Lulu: female Saint Bernard she also passed two years ago.

—————

Current:

Oppie: male jack russell terrier/chihuahua he’s 1 year and he’s annoying but i love him.

Sampson: grey tabby, he’s 7 years old and my big baby.

Sebastian: snowshoe cross (turned out tuxedo colors) he’s mean and 3 years old

Louis: my 2 year old leopard gecko i got from petco 2 years ago

Carly: my newest female baby leopard gecko.
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Johto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 am

Markey: A black, orange and white female Dog that was a unknown mix, she died from old age.
Sam: A black and white male Karelian Bear Dog, he also died from old age.
Sprinkles: A male white, brown and black Holland Lop Rabbit, he died from GI stasis.
Honey: A male light tan, white and black Holland Lop Rabbit
Vienna: A female black and white French Lop Rabbit, she got was saved from cancer when we got her.
Eevee: A male light tan and white Long Haired Chihuahua. He's named after the Pokemon Eevee
Harry: A male white and brown Red Pointer, he was abused since he wouldn't hunt Animals and he still has scars from it and a tear in his ear, me and my mom were the only people he would want to play with so we adopted him.
Midna: A female grey and white Tabby Cat, my mom trapped her since she couldn't survive on her own outside. I named her after Midna from Twilight Princess since she looks just like her.
Anna | She/her | Nonbinary
Fictional middle aged
man Enthusiast | I love
Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic,
FFXIV, No More Heroes,
MGR, Okami and Devil May Cry

I love animals in general, I
think marine life is really cool

Fandoms on my Carrd
Carrd | Toyhouse | Click if you dare
Funny video that I change sometimes

(I go by TwilightBard on most platforms)
Johto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 am

Most of my animals have come with names already and on the whole I don't change them - it doesn't seem right somehow. So here's the ones I've actually named.
cats:
Tabby - brown tabby cat, technically he was called Tabitha, but obviously that wasn't very appropriate. Very unimaginative name!
Obsidian (sid), Shale and Psammite (sam) - I later acquired Tabby's mother and she had more kittens before she was spayed. They were born just as I was doing my college finals in geology, hence names from the three branches of petrology. Sid and Shale we kept, Psammite was rehomed and renamed Twinkle.
Minou (Min) - a stray kitten that turned up, we got her spayed and should have taken her back to the kennels, but we couldn't quite bring ourselves to take her back. the name is the (male) French equivalent of 'Kitty' (so another original one!) but was somethign my mum used to call Shale. The two were very alike in some ways.
Henry - another kennels cat, who turned up around the same time as Min, but he stayed. He was black and white, with white patches across his back - he looked like he had paint dripping down his sides, hence the name, from what became the Thomas the tank engine stories ("Henry, you look like an iced cake. That will never do for the royal train!")
Madai - Originally called Madeye, but we couldn't quite cope with that so changed the spelling. He's a Welsh cat (as was Nermal coincidentally) so it sort of fits.

Rabbits:
Hattie - a rescue, originally called Glamour, renamed Flopsy by the rescue. Over my dead body was I having a rabbit called Flopsy. She was named after the late Hattie Jacques who had just died when we got the rabbit, the name just suited her.
Arlecchino (Arly) - another rescue, originally called Snipper. It is the Italian version of Harlequin, he's got a white front leg and shoulder so it seemed fitting.

I didn't have any hand in naming a whole host of other cats, dogs, rabbits and horses, adn there's been too many to go into here...
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Past:
    Sparky: Betta fish. I had him when I was really little, so I don't really remember him.
    Mikesha: A medium hair black cat. A sweet girl who used to sleep in my bed with me. She became very sick and we had to put her down a few years ago.
    Mikesh: A short hair black cat. Came from a shelter, he was abandoned as a kitten and found in a gutter. He was our outdoor cat. When he was 14 he left the house and never came back.
    Stowaway: A gray stray kitten. One of my dad's coworkers found the poor little guy in his truck. That cat stayed with my family until we found an owner for him. My mom called him stowaway because he was found in someone's truck.
    Sammy: Dalmation. Maybe not the brightest but she was a very sweet girl. She died from old age.
    Mr. Nibbles: Siberian hamster. He was a bold little guy. Died from old age.
    Poseidon: Another Betta fish that we won at a pet expo. My brother did not purify the water enough, so unfortunately he died.

Current:
    Fritz: Miniature Pinscher, this dog means the world to me. We rescued him when he was a year old from a man who was abusing him. He's my best friend and I can't imagine life without him.
    Zeus: An Irish terrier/springer spaniel mix. Fearful and shy, but mostly harmless. He's a little dog so we gave him a big name.
    Jasper: My baby rosy boa. I named him Jasper because of his orange coloring. He's just a little noodle, yet people are scared of him...
    Fishy: A Betta fish we got from a pet shop. He doesn't officially have a name, so I just call him 'Fishy' for now.

Future:
    Aigis: Baby crested gecko I may or may not be getting sometime this year
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeterParker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Blumenkranz wrote:
    Past:
    Sparky: Betta fish. I had him when I was really little, so I don't really remember him.

That is a cool name for a betta fish, way better than my mum's, she called it Boris xD

friendlily wrote:Eevee: A male light tan and white Long Haired Chihuahua. He's named after the Pokemon Eevee

That is such a cool name, especially with the color of the chihuahua. Its like perfect.

Brynmala wrote:Arlecchino (Arly) - another rescue, originally called Snipper. It is the Italian version of Harlequin, he's got a white front leg and shoulder so it seemed fitting.

That is an awesome name, very creative :)

I am getting my two finches in the next few days and am trying to decide on names, which is always hard cause mum always judges my name choices and says I am weird xD the options so far are Davos, Darwin, Porg, Archie, Theseus, Perseus, Pietro, Lucifer, Loki and Thor, Castor and Pollux, Hermes, Anakin, Hearthstone and Blitzen or one of the greek wind gods Boreas, Aeolus, Eurus, Notus or Zephyrus. I am kind of swinging to Davos for one xD
Lights Off
PeterParker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooisa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 pm

My First Dog was named Kirra, she was a husky.
My Second was called Bella, she is a Pomeranian x Chuahuahua
My Third Dog was called Hank, He was a German Shepard. :)
avid jojo fan trade me b-wolves have a nice day :) <3
disc > 5head#5577
Mooisa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogey the Dog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:01 am

Remy; a Fat lazy russain blue cat.

Cutlas: a fat lazy Bearded Dragon who thinks that he can eat the fan he tries to jump up and eat it.
yo. I am Doug (I have gone by Douglas since moving to the US In russia I went by Timofey, But my real name is Maksim), I was Born in germany, lived in Russia for a few years, and I now live in the U.S.A , I like video games. I am a police officer, and I love nine inch nails and any russain hip hop. I frogot to add, I suffer from post traumatic stress disorder.

well... no one loves me. that Is clear. Huh yeah Im not sad, nope not at all... OH WAIT I AM LOVED!!! I WILL FIND YOU PERSON AND I WILL MARRY YOU!and take all your money...

"Мой ангел, ты свободен, я сел напротив ванной Держу осколки нимба, ладони в рваных ранах Мой ангел, мой любимый, ты не разбудишь больше Теплом зари имбирной, зимой под моей кожей"

quote by pharaoh (no title because of how long it is)

my english is a little broken, sorry.

okay, so you made it to the end? You want a prize or something?
Dogey the Dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckez » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Past:
Cody, dog
Daffy, cat

Current:
Lucky, dog
Roxie, dog
Charlie Brown, cat

I have chickens too, not really pets but here's a list (I've had more but these are just the ones that have names)
Past chickens:
Claire, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo

Current chickens: Sweetie Belle, Snowball, Autumn, Pepper
ImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image ImageImage ImageImage
duckez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes