☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

Postby motherofpearl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food?
11. Food is my precious.

- What's is your favourite dish and why?
Orange chicken and fried rice because it is tangy and delicious.

- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
American food. It is very diverse and FULL of butter.

- What was the last thing you ate?
Chicken parmesan pasta I made by myself :)

- Name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know?
Slop. I know it sounds gross lol. But it is amazing.
It is potato and mushroom soup with ground beef.

- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking?
Yes! Crock pot meals :D I made homemade chicken noodle soup once and it was bombbbbb.

- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc?
Ramsey. He's funny.

- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods?
Savoury. I like tangy foods and vinegar.

- Anything else you'd like to ask the group?
If you could learn how to make any kind of dish, what would it be?
"You have not lived today until you have done something
for someone who can never repay you."
motherofpearl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:12 am

K9. wrote:Welcome welcome!

@Pyjaks: I too love the mexican cuisine, but I love Taco's and fajitas more than the chilli bean side of it all. Do you like those mexican kits you can buy at the supermarkets? Like the Taco kits etc? I find them quite fun to make up :3

Yeah, I like those! They're so quick and easy. Plus you can make a ton of food with them, which is good for my family because we all have pretty varying diets lol (I'm vegetarian, my sister doesn't eat a lot of dairy like cheese, stuff like that). I like pretty much anything that makes cooking more convenient.

I think I'm gonna have some roasted potatoes for dinner. Any ideas of what to have with them?
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greys0n » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 pm

It could be a surprise but I love honey. Do you know that since ancient times, honey has been used as both a food and a medicine. It contains many important antioxidants and can improve your cholesterol levels. My favorite brand is Comvita, I fond out about it from https://diligentchef.com/best-manuka-honey/ . I add honey to tea, eat with peanut butter for breakfast and cook chicken with honey too. And I even make the face masks with honey :)
Greys0n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 am

@Enyo - Welcome! I've not heard of Baeckeoffe OR Ossobuco before, they both sound really tasty and I admit I did have to google them! :lol:
What sort of ancient recipes have you made in the past? This really interests me! Do you like using cook books to cook or the internet? :3

@rastapasta - Oh ive never tried slop before but it does sound like something I'd enjoy! Have you ever tried making orange chicken?
If I could made any dish I think it would have to be something like a Beef wellington because it does take a bit of skill to make an excellent one, and they are hard to master so that is something I'd love to be able to boss.

@Pyjaks - What did you have with your potatoes afterwards? I often find that roasted potatoes if done crispy and yum are good enough on their own but you could always season them with spices etc.

@Greys0n - Yes I did hear that honey is exceptionally good for you! It also never goes off if preserved right! Its a great natural sugar so is highly recommended. Is it a super food?
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ◀ lapis lazuli ▶ » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:09 pm

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food? Probably about a 7
- What's is your favourite dish and why? My mom's roast beef and veggies with homemade gravy. It just tastes so heavenly
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Sushi. It is one of my favorite meals and there are so many kinds of sushi
- What was the last thing you ate? Grilled Cheese and soup
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know? Black eyed peas on New Years Day. Eat all of your beans and you will have a good year
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? I live with my parents and brother but I cook stuff for myself sometimes. I enjoy cooking fried eggs with bacon fat. Smells and tastes so good.
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? None
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? Both
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group? Is it okay if I share my homemade hot cocoa recipe that I made?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am currently obsessed with Steven Universe right now
But also highly obsessed with Riverdale and Supernatural
My nature instagram if you are interested :3
©

◀ lapis lazuli ▶

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Yessss share it :000
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabiesheir » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 am

Am I the only one who finds pineapple on pizza very disgusting? Or American?
Honestly, something so sweet on something made from dough is just very... uhm, disturbing? Maybe it's just me, but that thing is really hard to understand and it probably is hard too, when it comes to bearing the taste. Let pizza be pizza. I'd like to hear others' opinions on it.
call me rabies
atheist
pretty sad tbh
she/her
rabiesheir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:31 am

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food? 9 ! i love it, but i'm picky and veggie, so i don't love all foods : )
    - What's is your favourite dish and why? Warm mealting brownies w whipcreamcream/icecream and choc sauce
    - If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Um, english? cos it's what i'm used to
    - What was the last thing you ate? i had some grapes
    - name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know? Yorkshire puddings !!! bubble and squeak also prob
    - Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? i sort of do. I'm a student, so it's not the best. I like frying things :^D
    - Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? GORDON RAMSEY
    - Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? prob sweet
    - Anything else you'd like to ask the group? Right - does anyone else eat this or is it just me: Cinnamon and rasin bagel, with butter spread onto, then strawberry jam ontop, THEN a fried egg. It's SO good... but ppl think it's a little wack.
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reigncat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 am

♡RabiesHeir♡ wrote:Am I the only one who finds pineapple on pizza very disgusting? Or American?
Honestly, something so sweet on something made from dough is just very... uhm, disturbing? Maybe it's just me, but that thing is really hard to understand and it probably is hard too, when it comes to bearing the taste. Let pizza be pizza. I'd like to hear others' opinions on it.

I personally enjoy pineapple on pizza but I can see how it is hard to like. I'm in the minority when it comes to pineapple on pizza or not. The pineapple I've had weren't always super sweet just sweet enough and the tomato sauce helps to balance the sweetness. I could also see dessert pizzas w/pineapples on them. It'd be like any other fruit but sweeter.

Reigncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ◀ lapis lazuli ▶ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am

♡RabiesHeir♡ wrote:Am I the only one who finds pineapple on pizza very disgusting? Or American?

I can kinda understand just pineapple on pizza but combine it with some canadian bacon (basically just ham) and you are good to go. A perfect combination of savory and sweet on a pizza. Yum
I am currently obsessed with Steven Universe right now
But also highly obsessed with Riverdale and Supernatural
My nature instagram if you are interested :3
©

◀ lapis lazuli ▶

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes