☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☛ Food 4 thought ☚ - A Food discussion thread!

Postby leiawolfe » Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Hmm, thanks for the video, @Origami XD
I haven't tried that recipe yet since I don't have all the ingredients, but I will soon (hopefully xD). I did make toffee by mixing water and sugar together and boiling it, then putting it in the fridge and cracking it into shards.
Here's the recipe I used. I'm REAALLLYY hoping to be able to make toffee where I can do it into strands soon c;

.mochi wrote:
    so i'm cooking lunch for my family of four today, and i was wondering what i could make? we're indian-american and i'm planning on making american food or mexican food.

my mom is a vegetarian and my sister is allergic to fish, so nothing there. i can make a separate dish for my mom though.

i was thinking on making pasta of some sort? but i myself don't really like it so i'm stuck.

Pasta..hmm. Don't like it? Does your family? You could make several small different dishes so that if one member doesn't really fancy that food, there's another food to pick so everyone can get what they like c:

Or, you could ask your family what they would like you to cook. For example, survey them what they like most for lunch, or their favourite food C:

________________________________________________________________________________________________
On another note, I NEED to try this. Just gotta get some ingredients c:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Origami XD » Tue May 23, 2017 12:19 am

@Leiawolfe
Laughs
no prob, and you seem to have quiet the sweet tooth don't you

Any one have any good savory recipes?
If you want art pm me and we can talk.
this is a song for if any of my friends are going through tough times https://youtu.be/JESuKSbqkIc
hi every one, if you haven't met me then i'm not a stranger, just a friend you haven't met yet ^-^
feel free to vent to me, i promise that i won't tell any one or laugh, and i might vent a little back if i understand where your coming from
Mood ; happy

hi i'm origami XD but you can call me (G-16)
i'm a dude/ I am a typical American/ and here's a riddle :
I have deceived you for your whole life, you learn me from childhood but you only see parts of me where parts of me are not and sometimes don't see me at all:if youpm me the right answer then i'll give you a free pet
[color=#0000FF]ps if you want to know the previous riddle pm me to ask.
watch this video, no regerts. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ow ... n=918154df
Origami XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:58 am

Origami XD wrote:@Leiawolfe
Laughs
no prob, and you seem to have quite the sweet tooth don't you

Any one have any good savory recipes?

Hm, you could try pasta (since we seem to be talking about it right now lol).
What sort of dish? Beef, chicken, vegetarian, bread-based dishes??
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 pm

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food?
6-7
- What's is your favourite dish and why?
I love Rubens! I love sauerkraut, first of all and Texas Toast-Usually what we eat it on.
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
No clue...
- What was the last thing you ate?
A cookie...
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know?
tbh, I cannot think of any currently. It's America too so I'm a bit clueless. But down in the south seafood is delicious! (near the ocean more)
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking?
Not usually. If I do it's mini cupcakes or peanut butter balls
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc?
I don' have one
- Do you prefer sweet or savory foods?
I cannot choose one, As I lay somewhere in the middle.
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group?
Hmm... Not ATM
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 am

Hey Sahrotaar! I love seafood, especially really fresh seafood :3
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 am

Guys, I've been thinking and I was curious to what you guys think about pregnancy cravings etc? Do you think that it is often pickled foods because they lack salts etc?
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Hiii! I've been getting super into cooking lately so I thought I'd join this thread :>

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food?: Prolly like a 7-8
- What's is your favourite dish and why?: I dunno! I love anything with lots of beans tbh. Rice and beans, chili, bean burgers, all that goodness
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?: Mexican cuisine. It's too good.
- What was the last thing you ate?: Quinoa, black beans and roasted onions and red bell pepper
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know?: :0 I dunno any!
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking?: I love cooking. I'm the only person in my family who really cooks LOL. I like making soups, and, again- anything with beans. Also I like all types of baking but I'm pretty awful at it.
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc?: Don't have one
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? : Savoury
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group?: Nope
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishstix. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food?: Uh... 6? XD
- What's is your favourite dish and why?: Spaghetti! I eat it all the time. My dad and I use to make it a lot for the rest of the family, so when I eat spaghetti it sometimes makes me remember the time I use to spend cooking with him.
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?: Italian, since I really love tomatoes/cheese and I always eat italian foods
- What was the last thing you ate?: Spaghetti LOL
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know?: America doesn't really have traditional foods, you see restaurants with foods from all different countries. But since I'm from France I'll just say that beef with wine on it is a common thing you'd see. They also eat snails, they aren't as bad as you'd think they are
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking?: I cook sometimes, usually with my dad since he really likes cooking. I've been making a lot of lasagna lately and I find making clam chowder fun
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc?: I don't really know what to put for this so I don't have one
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods?: Savoury, I like salty foods uwu
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group?: am I the only one who hates onions >.>

I just wanted to fill out a form :P
fishstix.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby K9. » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:21 am

Welcome welcome!

@Pyjaks: I too love the mexican cuisine, but I love Taco's and fajitas more than the chilli bean side of it all. Do you like those mexican kits you can buy at the supermarkets? Like the Taco kits etc? I find them quite fun to make up :3

@Xuoit: How do you find American food compared to french food? They are very different types of food aren't they. I would love to try more traditional french dishes since I live in the UK so its really not that far from here. One day i'll go and try their amazing foods! Also how do you make Clam chowder? I've never really understood the difference between a chowder and a soup. >.<

I don't mind onions but when I was a child my parents used to cut them long and stringy and put them in my food so I really didn't like them as a child haha.
K9.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enyo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:59 am

- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being loads), how much do you love food? 11!
- What's is your favourite dish and why? Ossobuco alla milanese, because... Because I love it! I love the taste of the veal meat and the marrow cooked with the tomatoes.
- If you could live off one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Italian, because even if I enjoy all types of cuisine (Indian, African, Japanese, Mexican, etc...), I think Italian is the only type of cuisine that would never bore me, since there are so many italian specialities that I love...
- What was the last thing you ate? A chocolate and pear mousse cake.
- name a dish that's a tradition in your country that other's might not know? Baeckeoffe is a traditional dish from my region. If someone knows what it is without looking on google, I'll give them a free pet!
- Do you cook yourself and if so, what do you enjoy cooking? YES! I love cooking... Everything! Ossobuco (obviously since it's my favorite meal), Crepes, Fajitas, some Japanese specialties like sushis and yakitori..., Chinese Fondue, A lot of italian sauces, different kind of curries, a lot of "exotic" (African, Mexican, Indian, Asiatic) dishes... I also like to try ancient recipes (by "ancient", I mean recipes inherited from Antiquity or Middle-Ages). Cooking is fun!
Weirdly for someone who is French, I don't cook French specialties often.
- Who's your favourite Chef? Cook etc? Does Apicius count? I don't care about famous cook we see on TV...
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury foods? I like both... Eating the same thing everyday is boring! Let's say sweet AND savoury!
- Anything else you'd like to ask the group? No. I just though that as someone who enjoys discovering specialties from different cultures and cooking I should join.
Enyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me