The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Cavy(Guinea Pig) Lovers Club

Postby narwhalkittyy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:21 am

I have a guinea pig named cinnamon :) he has an Instagram account: @cinnamon.piggie
| Swimmer | Guinea pig owner |
narwhalkittyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cass. » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:17 am

Hello everyone c:

I'm a first-time piggy owner (they're called Blue and Hazel), my mother had some when I was young although I didn't interact with them. I currently have 2 piggy's that I got a few weeks ago. I don't have any idea on what breed they are, so if you know guinea pig breeds please message me and ill send you photos :) I've had a look at a few guinea pig breeds and the closest I think they would be is an American crested piggy. Anyways, they're getting their check up at the vets on Tuesday. I have a slight feeling that one of them is pregnant, she's quite round on both sides of her stomach. Although I was told both of them are girls and I'm convinced they are.

Please message me if you have any tips as I'm a first time owner. Or tips if my piggy is pregnant, thank you :)
.Cass.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 22tabby » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Ah! I'm happy to see a thread for cavys!
I've had three pigs in the past prior to the boy I own now. He's about 2 years old, and his name is Greyson. He's a domestic shorthair.
I've had two abyssinians, and a crested before.
Here's my current baby, and sorry for the poor lighting but my room wasn't great for it.
He's really small compared to all my other cavys in the last.
Attachments
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG (67.42 KiB) Viewed 148 times
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
being a sheep leads to boredom, being a wolf leads to loneliness. one must choose their fate carefully.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
No one will change the person
I am. The person I've become.
And none should try to. Ever.

──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

x
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────
Coding by косатка.
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

x

"what i do is temporary, but what i leave behind is forever." - Markiplier
22tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 am

My girls got to enjoy some sunshine and warmth today. :)
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:02 am

Kodi likely has a bladder stone, as I've noticed the symptoms for it. The last time I took her to my pigs' vet, he told me that she was producing excess calcium and would likely form a stone eventually. Well, I think that time has come. As soon as I get paid at work, I'll book her a vet appointment. I really dread the thought of having another stone pig after what my old girl Nikki went through when she was alive. My girls' diet is as low calcium as possible, so I know it's genetic with Kodi as well.

ETA: I got paid this morning, so she has a vet appointment in two days.

ETA 2: Kodi went to the vet, who palpated her abdomen, took x-rays, an ultrasound, and a sterile urine specimen, and found no stones! Woohoo! He is going to have a culture test done on her urine in case she has any other medical issues that need to be treated with something minor such as antibiotics.
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScaryFoxChild » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:38 am

I need some advice. I have two guinea pigs, Shadow and Onyx. They are always fighting and crying. Onyx is younger than Shadow, so when my mom&I introduced them, Shadow established the dominance. Since then Onyx has had really bad anxiety. My mother wont let me separate them. What should I do??

But they are the cutest chubby boys ever!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Send me all kinds of trades! And by the way, I am always looking for the Raven Dog.
ScaryFoxChild

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:22 am

ScaryFoxChild wrote:I need some advice. I have two guinea pigs, Shadow and Onyx. They are always fighting and crying. Onyx is younger than Shadow, so when my mom&I introduced them, Shadow established the dominance. Since then Onyx has had really bad anxiety. My mother wont let me separate them. What should I do??

But they are the cutest chubby boys ever!

How big is the cage and what are they doing when they're fighting?
If the cage is big enough (minimum 10.5sq ft for two boys) and they aren't drawing blood or acting really stressed just leave them to sort it out.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoawolfz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 am

i have a long haired female
elvis is the name!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYH2vP7V8Mw
[he/him][demisexual]
you can call me cocoa.im not as active on cs but i may still post
i dunno what to say any more im just really tired

if you want be to draw you something pm me!
cocoawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:18 pm

We got guinea pigs in at work last week, and one looks like he might be blind in one eye... I am hoping they make him a vet appointment and then put him up for adoption, because I'd love to have him. lol He's so cute, but he's skittish because of that eye and not being able to see welll. Until then, we're taking care of him in the back room. The eye has a milky area right over his pupil.

I am mostly blind in one eye and I have a cat that is blind in one eye... so I thought we could all have some nice bonding time. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kou. » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 am

I did have 4 guinea pigs last year (2 males and 2 females, kept in their individual pairs), but three of them passed away one after another, leaving only Chutney ( photo underneath) by Christmas.

Started keeping my eyes and ears open for another one to keep him company, but it wasn't until today that I finally had some luck. Lady was giving up her guinea pigs due to the fact she was allergic to them, and had one left. A male named Bob. He's currently in a large quarantine cage, just so I can check he's healthy and hasn't got mites or ringworm etc.

When the time comes, I'll do introductions slowly. Don't really want to stress the both of them out by rushing into anything.
Iketeru is an innocent bean who needs to be protected from all the bad things in the world.

Kou. English. Probably older than you. Tired all the time.
Kou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me