Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 am

Flossie wrote:
halogen. wrote:snip

That's terrible. I can't stand all these Doodle dogs either, especially with the insane prices they're going for. People will do anything for a quick buck.

None of the doodle mixes I've met have even been nice tempered dogs. All have been nervous and some even snappy. I really don't see the appeal with them, same with the "Cavachons" etc.

Yup, I honestly see it as scamming and I wish the fad would die. There are poodle breeder that I thought were responsible and now all of a sudden I'm seeing 'New, Doodles!!' and such on their pages, honestly very surprised. And to me, a reputable breeder is one that cares about bettering the breed and preserving it. This means NO breeding mutts(doodles). People breeding doodles are only interested in one thing and that's money. So I don't support the selling of poodle mixes or any other 'designer' breed.

I gladly recommended my cousin some actual reputable golden and standard poodle breeders.

☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am

RebelliousWinter wrote:
    ^^ Chewie!!! He looks really crazy in that photo. xD

I'm telling y'all, my dogs have issues lol. They are both full on insane!

Doodles ugh. I can not stand them. I've met two I liked, and they were calm and well mannered. Every other doodle made me want to throw them lol. Not to mention 90% of them would come in every single time full of mats with talons on their feet. They were all obnoxious and just horrible lol. I cried one day when I walked into a camp that was mostly doodles. Luckily my two good doodles were there so I hid in the corner loving on them and trying not to die from the rest of them.

I'm in a animal professionals group on FB, and most of the posts are from groomers about idiot doodle owners that neither train nor groom their dogs. Today there was a photo of a full on pelt of a doodle that the lady shaved off. It was basically a rug since it was so matted. (I'll see if I can get permission to share here)
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am

Rattielover0709 wrote:How do you find a lost dog?

Deacon got loose and ran somewhere during a thunderstorm.. He always comes back home though.. Exept this time

You should start by contacting any services that pick up dogs in your area (SPCA, the pound, animal control etc.)
Lost dog posters are a good idea too, facebook is a good place to post as well, see if there is a local facebook group for dogs and post there.

---------

I'm proud of Olive! She's finally started playing with other dogs at the dog park! I think she was nervous because her mom would just bite her face whenever they were together. Like open her jaws and place them over Olives skull, no running, wrestling or play bows involved. (I was afraid her canines would poke Olives eye.) Not sure what that was about, but I'm glad Olive has her confidence back. She made friends with red merle Aussie that had the same blue eyes.
Also, I don't think I've ever posted a pic that shows how weird her proportions really are so heres my demon sausage
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXocea » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 am

Gosh Olive is such a cutie!! There's definitely alot of breeds in here for sure. She's looking like a dachshund husky right now!!
xXocea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 am

My attempt at getting Aika to pose...

I wanted to kneel in this picture with her sitting in front of the bushes but her stay isn't good enough for that yet. :"D

Maybe one day I can trust her to take pictures off leash. :"D
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 am

Could you not? Seriously. You are not as cute as you think you are, lol. I was eating dinner and he was staring into my soul.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 am

Its been so long since I've seen Sentry, I was missing the awkward little wild child <3
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:45 am

halogen. wrote:Its been so long since I've seen Sentry, I was missing the awkward little wild child <3

Hes SUCH a brat! Aaahhh. Hes wickedly smart but only in the context of being bad. Getting on top of his crate? Only so he can get on top of the dresser to launch over the gate because he gets scolded for touching the gate because he knows how to open it. Brat.

We were playing in the yard and he missed his toy after a full force charge and met my husbands knee full force, crunched, and his mommentum swung him off his feet.. latched to my husbands knee. :| That was... fun to clean. Was a week ago and its still awful looking. He does this to Sardonyx ALL THE TIME.. just run, latch, swing. :face palms:

Image Im sad this is out of frame.. but.. yeah.. LOL.

Also. Hes egg OBSESSED.. doesnt help that more times than not he gets one when I gather eggs. :P

Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CreamyFloof » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:34 am

CreamyFloof wrote:Ive been feeling bad about myself the past few days. I just cant help, but think, "Do I really deserve dogs?". Ever since I got Stacy, she has gotten overly attached to me. When my other dog Missy wants to sweep by and say hi to me, a fight between Stacy and Missy happens. I just cant overcome this fear. It happened last week when I just picked up Stacy to move her over, so I can pick up Missy. All of a sudden, a dog fight starts.. What should I do to make it stop happening. Also, my other dog Penny, also attacked Stacy. And Patches was not happy about it either. Patches gets mad. Meanwhile, Gizmo and Fluffy seem to be happy about it. Do my dogs see her a threat?

Whew, today was just AWFUL! I come back from school ready to eat my dinner, then all of a sudden Missy attacks Stacy. Stacy had nothing to do with it, she didnt fight back. Now she has wounds all over her. My sister googled why she attacked her and Stacy is in heat, thats why Missy attacked her, so she can get Gizmo and Fluffy's attention. Although, I still want some tips on how to keep them from fighting. Right now Missy is in timeout(outside with the big dogs)
Ive been inactive for a while so apologies if a trade i sent wasnt fair
CreamyFloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 am

Rattielover0709 wrote:How do you find a lost dog?

Deacon got loose and ran somewhere during a thunderstorm.. He always comes back home though.. Exept this time

I second what Taiger Lily said.

Also there are some people who use tracking dogs to help find lost pets, I'd do a search to see if any of those are in your area as well.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me