Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby britneyrox » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello, everyone!

I've had dogs in my parents' home throughout my childhood, but the time has come for me to adopt my own! I am adopting a six-month-old terrier mix from a local animal shelter. Any advice via PM is appreciated! c:

╔══════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
feel free to pm me,
i don't mind at all c:
━━━━━━━━━

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━━━
Text
━━━━━━━━━━━
╚══════════════╝

═══════════════
─ amenra ─
═══════════════

╔════════════╗
━━━━━━━━━
your touch
── i see ──
in your eyes

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝
╔════════════╗

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━
╚════════════╝

britneyrox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CreamyFloof » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Ive been feeling bad about myself the past few days. I just cant help, but think, "Do I really deserve dogs?". Ever since I got Stacy, she has gotten overly attached to me. When my other dog Missy wants to sweep by and say hi to me, a fight between Stacy and Missy happens. I just cant overcome this fear. It happened last week when I just picked up Stacy to move her over, so I can pick up Missy. All of a sudden, a dog fight starts.. What should I do to make it stop happening. Also, my other dog Penny, also attacked Stacy. And Patches was not happy about it either. Patches gets mad. Meanwhile, Gizmo and Fluffy seem to be happy about it. Do my dogs see her a threat?
Attachments
20170819_213902.jpg
20170819_213902.jpg (496.47 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Ive been inactive for a while so apologies if a trade i sent wasnt fair
CreamyFloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm

LizzytheWolf wrote:I probably shouldn't be asking this but I will anyway.

Charlie is out of control. I asked one of the ladies at the shelter what they're doing to help him and she said she doesn't know. The manager comes around every few days and she seems to have an understanding of how to handle him. Nobody but the manager ever really goes near his cage, I tried to calm him down with treats but he ignores them and keeps barking like he's a hound from hell.
I know he's not my dog but I want to help him find a home.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catheren » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I did a good pupper deed =3

Me and my hubby were going to his grandma's for a birthday dinner and we saw a pupper strolling down the sidewalk. We looked up the block for his person, and he didn't have a person with him. So we pulled ourselves over and called him to us. He was a lovely pupper- collie or collie mix, shiny coat, friendly, very good with verbal signals. No tags. I always get antsy when a pupper has no tags, we got a lot of abandoned cats like that near my mom's house. So I led him to the car, very well behaved as we took him to Grandmas. Granny has a backyard, had a dog bowl for water from her departed pup, and we had spare kibble in the trunk for bringing our own pup on road trips. He ate about two cups of kibble, drank 3/4 of a gallon of water, and played more fetch than I have ever played in my LIFE. I was worried he was going to have a heart attack or get heat stroke. Hubby spent the night reporting the pup found on virtually every available website, and eventually we got ahold of animal control- then updated the found pages to state where the pup was headed. Animal control arrived, very nice miss/missus and had the chip scanner ready- Pupper had a chip! =3 Celebrations were had, and the pupper was loaded up to be taken to wherever found puppers go till their pupper parents get them >w< I let him keep the tennis ball, he seemed really attached to it.

So hopefully the lovely boy is back home with his family now, enjoying his new tennis ball. X3
Catheren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 am

I already don't like the selling of all these doodle mixes, but for someone to try to sell to someone unsuspecting is even worse.

My cousin put in an inquiry for either an AKC registered golden retriever or a standard poodle,
parents health tested an absolute requirement. And of course someone contacted her about golden doodle puppies registered with the CKC(which I don't even consider a real registry)
and from a BYB.

(Cut off from first message)

☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 am

halogen. wrote:snip

That's terrible. I can't stand all these Doodle dogs either, especially with the insane prices they're going for. People will do anything for a quick buck.

None of the doodle mixes I've met have even been nice tempered dogs. All have been nervous and some even snappy. I really don't see the appeal with them, same with the "Cavachons" etc.
Last edited by Flossie on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:08 am

halogen. wrote:[size=85]Quote

Doddles can be very good dogs. So I have no issue with selling doodles. They are just like any other designer breed. The CKC is a load of crap, the UKC ain't much better but it's getting to be okay. AKC is king of registries for the most part.
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 am

How do you find a lost dog?

Deacon got loose and ran somewhere during a thunderstorm.. He always comes back home though.. Exept this time
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 am

Flossie wrote:
halogen. wrote:snip

That's terrible. I can't stand all these Doodle dogs either, especially with the insane prices they're going for. People will do anything for a quick buck.

None of the doodle mixes I've met have even been nice tempered dogs. All have been nervous and some even snappy. I really don't see the appeal with them, same with the "Cavachons" etc.

Yup, I honestly see it as scamming and I wish the fad would die. There are poodle breeder that I thought were responsible and now all of a sudden I'm seeing 'New, Doodles!!' and such on their pages, honestly very surprised. And to me, a reputable breeder is one that cares about bettering the breed and preserving it. This means NO breeding mutts(doodles). People breeding doodles are only interested in one thing and that's money. So I don't support the selling of poodle mixes or any other 'designer' breed.

I gladly recommended my cousin some actual reputable golden and standard poodle breeders.

☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:30 am

RebelliousWinter wrote:
    ^^ Chewie!!! He looks really crazy in that photo. xD

I'm telling y'all, my dogs have issues lol. They are both full on insane!

Doodles ugh. I can not stand them. I've met two I liked, and they were calm and well mannered. Every other doodle made me want to throw them lol. Not to mention 90% of them would come in every single time full of mats with talons on their feet. They were all obnoxious and just horrible lol. I cried one day when I walked into a camp that was mostly doodles. Luckily my two good doodles were there so I hid in the corner loving on them and trying not to die from the rest of them.

I'm in a animal professionals group on FB, and most of the posts are from groomers about idiot doodle owners that neither train nor groom their dogs. Today there was a photo of a full on pelt of a doodle that the lady shaved off. It was basically a rug since it was so matted. (I'll see if I can get permission to share here)
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me