Dappervolk Introduction!

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Dappervolk Introduction!

Postby Chia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm here on behalf of our dev team today to introduce our game, Dappervolk!
[Main Development Blog]

It's an upcoming pet and avatar site created by Snail Games, with the gameplay being a unique fusion of petsites like Aywas, avatar/clothing sites like Gaia and TinierMe, and fantasy RPG games.
    This might sound like a strange combination at first, but it all comes together to offer a fresh and interesting experience on top of familiar basics =)

Unlike most traditional petsites, it features 4 avatar classes to choose from which will shape your journey through the site's RPG-style quest system. As you experience the storyline with your character, you will gain opportunities to befriend NPCs through an affection system, train your character and pets via daily activities, and unlock new shops in various towns throughout the world.

Alongside these features are familiar petsite aspects, such as site pets and avatar clothing to obtain, custom pet and clothing makers, pet and item alchemy, site-wide events, account achievements, forum post themes to collect, mini games, trading/auctions, and more.

After having completed a successful Alpha testing phase earlier in April this year, we are currently preparing for our Kickstarter at the end of this month! Once that is over, we'll be developing the game further for Beta testing and then eventually the Official Launch, after everything has been fully tested and balanced.

Discussion:

As someone who's been helping manage the site as well as create item art for it, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions about Dappervolk. Is there anything in particular that you're looking forward to or have questions about? Are there any gameplay elements that you think are must-haves for a new site like this? Let us know what you think.

Although Quislings (creator and head artist) is pretty busy working on the site, I'll be around to answer any questions that may come up!

Chia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dappervolk Introduction!

Postby Veggievampire » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:29 pm

aaaa man i'm hyped for DV <3
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mad sounds » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:50 am

ooh definitely hyped
mad sounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aelora » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Marking so I don't forget <3
Aelora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thornes » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Dappervolk is going to be awesome because

1 - the art is great
2 - the staff is great
3 - the concept is just super lovely and cute
4 - the quests man, they are so promising!

I've been in alpha and I can say that this site is amazing. I've never been in an alpha so smooth as there were only a few minor bugs and that was about it. I can't wait for beta and the opening of the site, I can't wait to see it grow and be a part of it <3

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Hoarding dogs!
7700 / ∞

All The Good Boys
My Collection Thread
My Trades Thread

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

-
-
-
-
-
-
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Working on a complete collection! (97 pets to go!)
Feel free to trade me anything that's on my wishlist!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Thornes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudflame » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Marking! This looks interesting, I'm getting Kingdom Sky vibes and the art style is very easy on the eye :)
Cloudflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby what the hecky » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:42 am

aaa so excited <33
hi im grace & i love naps

talk to me i love u
hmu if u play league

daddyart shopdA

used to be xayah.
what the hecky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 am

Oooh one of the Dappervolk staff is on here? :0
I'm pretty ready for beta....and I think I might actually stick to this site. I really like the art and overall looks interesting. I think standing out and being unique is pretty important especially when there are lots of virtual pet/avatar sites around. Keep the game enjoyable, a friendly atmosphere, and at all costs keep that currency economy under control. I look forward to joining. I'm already on the discord....tho I mainly lurk and most the time miss streams X''D

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fūi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:22 pm

aah im super pumped about dappervolk!! already pledged for the early sparrow & creature tier ;v;
can't wait to play beta ♡♡
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stella Maris » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:56 am

I am so interested in this game ! The art is gorgeous and it looks like a high quality game. I can't wait to have the beta open so that I can try it out !

Chia, if you are still here to answer, I have 2 concerns :

1) Is there enough information given before you choose your type of character ? Or can you maybe change down the line if you made a mistake ? It seems like a huge choice and someone very analytical like me likes to know beforehand exactly what the consequences are.

2) Is it possible to advance in the game without missing out too much if you can't spend hours on it each day ? A lot of the people who played adoptable sites a few years ago are adults now and we can't commit as much time as we used to. I think that's one of the main keys to the success of Chicken Smoothie, it takes exactly as much time as you're willing to put into it. For me, that's the reason I've given up on quite a few other sites. I want to try Dappervolk but I'm worried it will be too time consuming to keep up with.

In any case I wish you much success with this new website and I hope everything goes well for you guys :)
Stella Maris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me