❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:49 am

My tomatoes are really small and almost ripe.. They are suposed to be 'big beef' maybe its the weather?
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slugitty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:51 am

Hi, long time no see!

Thought I'd update you all on my cactus garden! 2 of them died early on, but the rest have gotten so big! They are all doing super great, and have made it through storms!
𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐊𝐘 ───➤➤
▐▐│ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
▐▐│ 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐
Slugs | They/Them | 20
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐

> Fursuiter
> Artist
> Suitmaker
> BNA
> Warriors
> Del Toro
> Ghibli

└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ
𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒
➤➤➤➤➤
Slugitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avior. » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:55 am

Username: avior.
Nickname{s}: just call me avior, avie, av, anything that suits your fancy c:
Favourite plant: any sort of cactus or succulent!
i love plants

okay, so I figured it'd be okay if I brought in my problem right away! I have two cacti and a small plant that my mother got as a gift. She didn't know what to do with it so I took it off her hands when it was only a few inches tall. Since then, it's grown a LOT and has several large leaves almost three inches long. My mom figures it might be a very young tree, but since it's still so small, I figured I would keep it inside until I know for sure. (Her name's Elizabeth but she's not the reason I came here oops)

Anyways, I have Elizabeth in a terracotta pot. Not my personal favourite, but I haven't had a chance to get a better one yet. I probably won't be able to for a little while, which is a problem because recently I noticed white powder on several places. After looking it up, I've learned that it's some sort of salt buildup that's very common with terracotta pots. Does anyone have suggestions with how to fix it and keep it from happening again? I'm pretty new to plantkeeping so the solution is probably pretty simple, I just don't know c: thank you so much c in advance!

REACH
██████████

avi / i like cryptids, space, the adventure zone, and houseplants
they/them pls / cool friend / 1x1 search / art search / link

THROUGH VIOLENCE !!!
avior.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefoxx01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 am

tabby24247 wrote:Does anybody else name their plants?? I named my agarvae, Agario.

OMGosh I thought it was just me!! I have many trees! I got Spear, Mexico(it's a catus), Apple Blossom, Mapleshade(yes like the Warriors cat), an bunch of sapling with names I don't remember at the moment! It's great to know another person who named their plants! Do u also talk to them? Or sing?
70% of the world think warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, “STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!”
If I Don’t Respond To A PM Right Away, It’s Because My Anxiety Won’t Let Me Think Straight. Thank You For Your Patience!
Mood: Someone RP Albether with me please I’m begging you I’ll literally do anything

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefoxx01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:07 am

SnooshiSushi wrote:Hi, long time no see!

Thought I'd update you all on my cactus garden! 2 of them died early on, but the rest have gotten so big! They are all doing super great, and have made it through storms!

I leave my cactus in a pot, and bring it in when it rains.
70% of the world think warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, “STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!”
If I Don’t Respond To A PM Right Away, It’s Because My Anxiety Won’t Let Me Think Straight. Thank You For Your Patience!
Mood: Someone RP Albether with me please I’m begging you I’ll literally do anything

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet tea » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 am

one of my airplants officially died. sad day

aaaaa

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

sweet tea , hway
she/her , biology student

tea connoisseur
dog-obsessed
gym nut
sweet tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefoxx01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 am

sweet tea wrote:one of my airplants officially died. sad day

Aw, that's sad. I recently lost one of my saplings. 😭

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jax-is-trash » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Username: jacquelincharm
Nickname{s}: Jax
Favourite plant: Cacti, Succulents, Sunflowers and Lavander
i love plants
jax-is-trash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jax-is-trash » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 pm

avior. wrote:Username: avior.
Nickname{s}: just call me avior, avie, av, anything that suits your fancy c:
Favourite plant: any sort of cactus or succulent!
i love plants

okay, so I figured it'd be okay if I brought in my problem right away! I have two cacti and a small plant that my mother got as a gift. She didn't know what to do with it so I took it off her hands when it was only a few inches tall. Since then, it's grown a LOT and has several large leaves almost three inches long. My mom figures it might be a very young tree, but since it's still so small, I figured I would keep it inside until I know for sure. (Her name's Elizabeth but she's not the reason I came here oops)

Anyways, I have Elizabeth in a terracotta pot. Not my personal favourite, but I haven't had a chance to get a better one yet. I probably won't be able to for a little while, which is a problem because recently I noticed white powder on several places. After looking it up, I've learned that it's some sort of salt buildup that's very common with terracotta pots. Does anyone have suggestions with how to fix it and keep it from happening again? I'm pretty new to plantkeeping so the solution is probably pretty simple, I just don't know c: thank you so much c in advance!

Hey there!
I use to have lots of problems with these pots but don't worry, there is a slight solution. Try watering with distilled or rainwater, or even try leaching the soil by running enough water to equal twice the volume of soil through the pot again, with distilled or rainwater.
If all else fails the salt build up shouldn't be harmful to the plants and brushing it away with a clean cloth should do the work. You could also try cleaning with a mixture of equal parts water, rubbing alcohol and white vinegar on both the inside and outside of the pot.

Hope this helps!
jax-is-trash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avior. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:10 am

oh, thank you! I'll be sure to give those suggestions a try ^^