( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you play an instrument ?

i used to !
24%
yes , and i love it !
25%
yes , but i don't really anymore .
11%
yes , and i hate it .
1%
no , but i really wish i did ! !
22%
no , not at all , never want to .
8%
i'm learning , not the best .
9%

Total votes : 85

( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby fruitvale » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:47 am

are you searching for tips , or losing connection with a kalon ?
    whether it be names , jobs , or a myo idea , you ' ll need some help !
    feel free to chat about it below ! i'm going to try to discuss as much
    as i possibly can but id love if there were helpers ! ! ( note that ever
    yone can help eachother , helpers are just . . mods ? ? )

you can :
    ask about names
    ask about personalities
    ask about p much the basics of a kalon
    ask about au's
    critique on development
    critique on artist entries
    critique on designs
    critique on forms
    ask for likes / dislikes
    ask for myo ideas
    tips on winning a kalon

+ pm me if there's something you think i missed !

you cannot :
    ask for art
    ask for relations
    ask for free writing
    advertise ( like for relationships , trades , breedings , etc )
    or anything plain ridiculous !

these are our common helpers !

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
pm me to become one ! ( everyone can help but helpers commonly po
st n have more authority , , basically mods ! )
pming any of us when u need help is highly encouraged <3

please have common sense while asking , + i have the permission to
decline a question or say that the question isn't relevant ! helpers do
too !
dont take this off topic either please ,
thank you , and ask away !

* update : new polls once in a while ! ! check in to vote !

kalons © karmel
Last edited by fruitvale on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 33 times in total.
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby mikey » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:53 am

First of all I just wanted to say, this is a great idea! Seriously, great job. This will help so many kalon owners :000
    Now, onto my err.. Question I suppose. I have had this kalon for a while, and I still cannot find a name for him. I love him so much,
    I have everything planned out. Except his name. If you could give me some help, that'd be so handy! Thank you!

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 am

sketchimutt : he's a beautiful kal , and i love his teeth edits as a side note : oo
could you give me a small personality description ? ( i could provide a few names based on his design as well ! )
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:13 am

Okay, so this might be a big job but I am super duper stuck :")

I love Bailey to death, but I just can't find a job and personality I like? That seems to click?? I figured this would be the best place to ask for help, and bless you, this thread is already so helpful!!

happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cervidae » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:30 am

happysparrow wrote:I love Bailey to death, but I just can't find a job and personality I like? That seems to click?? I figured this would be the best place to ask for help, and bless you, this thread is already so helpful!!

yo! i'd be happy to help <3 personality and jobs n such are vv hard to work with (stereotypes don't help ;;v) do you have any general ideas? even things that you like in a kal vs what you don't, or occupations you know are or are not in the picture?

♡ inactive account
dv

cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am

Cervidae wrote:
happysparrow wrote:I love Bailey to death, but I just can't find a job and personality I like? That seems to click?? I figured this would be the best place to ask for help, and bless you, this thread is already so helpful!!

yo! i'd be happy to help <3 personality and jobs n such are vv hard to work with (stereotypes don't help ;;v) do you have any general ideas? even things that you like in a kal vs what you don't, or occupations you know are or are not in the picture?

Since he looks like a pastry, I definitely want to stray away from jobs like baking, just because I feel that would fall into the stereotype category, lol! I do think he might do well in an artsy job - maybe an author?

And I originally tried to make him cool and calm but that just turned to arrogant and snarky, lol. I'm not good at having characters that are not nice? Or at least giving them those kinds of personalities? I want him to be kind but not like over the top sweet, y'know?

//thank you so much, by the way!!
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:54 am

aa gosh so i have this kalon i won in a readopt, and i really love his design?? hes p well developed too if i say so myself, but im loosing connection and i dont know what to do ;v; i dont want to change anything about him.. i dont know what to do. any tips are appreciated qwq

all his info and image is here, im on mobile rn rip
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 am

save seedcakes : ahh ! i love his concept !
i find that drawing them in different emotions and roleplaying with kalons that might not seem to fit well with their personality helps a ton , or writing a story about them !
or just roleplaying a ton , but if you're not good at that art headcannoning helps !
doing memes , challenges , or even just small snips of a story helps a ton , but if none of that helps , you can come back and we'll all try to assist you more !
i hope you found this helpful , and i wish you connect with him better soon ! <3
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanara » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Oki Doki, so I love the idea of this thread. It's so pure and sweet <3

@Seedcakes ;; something I always love to do before I go anywhere with changing a character or looking at other options is drawing them in situations. Some aspect of their life or their job! It really helps me refeel them, ya get me? Take this guy for example. He owns a flying ship to collect lightning. But on the off days, he likes to float around and feel like a bird!
@Happysparrow ;; Oh man, Bailey is the cutest. Have you put any thought to a character that tries so hard to be mean but fails at it? Invites them to a birthday party, and tell them it starts at 11:10... but it really starts at 11. Haha!! Or give them one Ice cube when they ask for a few. Jokes on you!! Like instead of passive aggressive, it's passive progressive. I don't know if that's too far away from what you were thinking from him but I figured I'd mention it because it would be a real hoot to rp! 8D
@Sketchiimutt :: he looks like a Greyson to tell you the truth. Or a Tarrence. Or Tracie.

So I also have some kiddos I need help naming. Two Munchkins.

She can't grow until the 31st, but I'm much better at naming when I have the adult ref. For those of you who prefer the kit ref; here it is.
She is from an OOC breeding, and she's going to be a native Hawaiian or an islander of some sort. I actually wouldn't be adverse to her being in a fantasy set of islands- but not like Moana style. I just figured with her water-color style and flower shine. But I want something cute and really rolls off the tongue. But I have no idea what would go with her.

But then there's This guy and his Kit Reference. He's going to be so sassy and run an underground freak show. He is a munchkin, but is the ring leader. I want him to wear a cute little suit vest and a top hat and everything. But before I do that I need to figure out his name. Right now I've just taken up calling him Mr.Tall, because he's so little. And he's going to be pretty whimsical and cool until someone comments on his height. Then he'll be pretty frank, but yeah. He has great patience until it comes to disrespect. He does not take that lightly.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cervidae » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

happysparrow wrote:
Since he looks like a pastry, I definitely want to stray away from jobs like baking, just because I feel that would fall into the stereotype category, lol! I do think he might do well in an artsy job - maybe an author?

And I originally tried to make him cool and calm but that just turned to arrogant and snarky, lol. I'm not good at having characters that are not nice? Or at least giving them those kinds of personalities? I want him to be kind but not like over the top sweet, y'know?

//thank you so much, by the way!!

author sounds rlly fitting imo, it's an interesting way to direct from it! maybe go into detail with what kind of books they end up writing?

but i gotcha! meaner kals can be a little difficult if you're not too keen on that kind of angle. h m
you could keep that thought but mellow it down a bit? calm and a bit nonchalant, a rlly cool-headed demeanor. seen as kind-hearted, but often lost in their own work. they enjoy their work, and are kinda distant because of the whimsy the position entails. i seriously just came up with this so it's messy  , but is that going a bit in the territory of stuff you're lookin for?

(yo it's no problem <33)

♡ inactive account
dv

cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me