❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:31 am

My tomatoes are still lopsided... But they're actually doing well being like that, another one began to grow and they've gottewn a bit bigger.

Still waiting on the pepper plant..
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shippe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 am

oh man I just recently got super into plants and so this is the group for me cx

Username: Shippe
Nickname{s}: I just go by shippe c:
Favourite plant: of the plants I own, my favorite is my money tree, but I like succulents and ferns and ficus and all plants actually cx

and while I'm here, anyone know what plant this is? I bought it at a garden store and it was unlabeled. I wasn't sure how best to care for it but it's already grown like an inch since I bought it a few weeks ago, which is faster than my other plants have grown cx
i love plants
Shippe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:48 am

Shippe wrote:oh man I just recently got super into plants and so this is the group for me cx

Favourite plant: of the plants I own, my favorite is my money tree, but I like succulents and ferns and ficus and all plants actually cx

and while I'm here, anyone know what plant this is? I bought it at a garden store and it was unlabeled. I wasn't sure how best to care for it but it's already grown like an inch since I bought it a few weeks ago, which is faster than my other plants have grown cx
i love plants

:0 that's really cool! I have no idea what it is but I love it, lol
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiderfish » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:53 am

Ohh, I'm glad I found this! I need a little help!

I've found mixed information on how often succulents should be watered, or even if they should be watered at all, so my question is how often should I watering my succulent?
-wip-
-wip-
-wip-
spiderfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vaiill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 am

spiderfish wrote:

I've found mixed information on how often succulents should be watered, or even if they should be watered at all, so my question is how often should I watering my succulent?

Water them whenever the soil is dry, succulents actually thrive when goven the correct amount of water.
If you dont water them at all they can die even if many people believe that they dont need to be watered

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
──────────────────────────────
the holy goat
link // link // link // ©

Image Image Image
───────────────────────────────────────

vaiill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perkon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:46 am

Heres my succulents :3
I have another bowl outside but its freaking hot & didnt feel like heading out there lol

http://sta.sh/21jshf0epa4n?edit=1
I'm always tired.
Perkon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:47 am

Thunderwolf5 wrote:Heres my succulents :3
I have another bowl outside but its freaking hot & didnt feel like heading out there lol

They're all lovely!!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perkon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am

vaiill wrote:
spiderfish wrote:

Water them whenever the soil is dry, succulents actually thrive when goven the correct amount of water.
If you dont water them at all they can die even if many people believe that they dont need to be watered

I normally do mine about once a week. Kinda of a soak & dump/pour out the excess water. Depends on the tenp/humity decides on whether or not I water more often etc
Pyjaks wrote:
Thunderwolf5 wrote:Heres my succulents :3

They're all lovely!!

I'm always tired.
Perkon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Thunderwolf5 wrote:Username: Thunderwolf5
Nickname{s}: Thunder {optional}
Favourite plant: echeveria lola, succulents, catcus
i love plants

I have a few succulents etc that I will post soon! Gotta go get some rootin powder since one of my lads need cuttin ;-;

---

Heres my succulents :3

Welcome @Thunder! I had heard of echeveria before, but never echeveria lola, such a pretty colour! I hope all of the cuttings went well. I recently took some of my succulents pups off and repotted them because I'm going to be giving them to a friend - I'm nervous they wont do well though.

your succulents are gorgeous 😍 in the first image, is that a sempervivum? they're one of my favourite succulents haha, the moonglow is soo pretty! I think my favourite pot is the yellow/green one, where you have some cuttings, I have always wanted lithops, and i'm pretty envious haha

Shippe wrote:oh man I just recently got super into plants and so this is the group for me cx

i love plants

welcome shippe! money trees are super cute; i hope yours brings you luck! ;P
I have never in my life seen a plant that looks like that before, I hope someone can help!

spiderfish wrote:

Welcome! I'm afraid there is no set time to leave between waterings, and as thunderwolf said, it depends on the temperature or humidity of where you live. I live in a colder, and sometimes humid climate and water mine once every two weeks, and sometimes less - I actually water every plant at a different time to all of the others, so I have an app to remind me to actually water them.

My suggestion is to keep an eye on your personal plants, and see what they prefer, if you water too much or too little they may begin to wilt which will give you an idea of how often they need water! And you'll need to water them less in late autumn and winter because they need a dormancy period. :)

---

I have a question for everyone: do you use fertiliser your plants at all?
It wasn't until this year that I had even considered fertiliser, but I got a bit nervous about it because I don't want to kill all of my plants if I use it wrong.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vaiill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I dont think you can actually kill your plants from using a bit much fertiliser, altho if you spread a full layer of it on the plants they will probs die from that lol
But i have started sprinkling some fertiliser on my plants and its a crop fertiliser so it should be doing wonders, but i dont see any difference when using fertiliser with my succulents and with flowers. I only see a difference when its applied onto the lawn

the holy goat
link // link // link // ©

Image Image Image
───────────────────────────────────────

vaiill

My pets
My items
My wishlist