❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby Firefoxx01 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 am

The Worst Username wrote:Hello plant people! I've never posted here before, but have any of you ever just gotten free plants? My friend and I were at our city's botanic gardens a few days back, and there were a few people giving out free basil, one plant per household! We each got a seriously rootbound plant and, since we didn't have anything to prune the roots with, we kind of just ripped up the bottoms. My friend didn't want hers, so now I have two plants in a broken mixing bowl-turned-flower pot in a sunny living room window, huzzah. I don't know why I like basil so much, but I end up putting it in a lot of my food.

I've gotten a free tree once on a school field trip! That's where my love for trees and other plants began!
70% of the world think warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, “STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!”
If I Don’t Respond To A PM Right Away, It’s Because My Anxiety Won’t Let Me Think Straight. Thank You For Your Patience!
Mood: Someone RP Albether with me please I’m begging you I’ll literally do anything

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firefoxx01 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:35 am

Sahrotaar wrote:I love basil especially to eat. The smell of herbs can overwhelm me though.

Anyone know how to bring back a dead Basil plant? Um.. My mom kind of let it die months ago. I've been hoping to do something about it but wondered.. Is it possible to bring a plant alive that's been dead for half a year? Its still outside the dead leaves there..

Hmm, I've brought a dead avacado seed to life. I suggest just water it every day and make sure it gets sunlight. I don't know much about Basil plants though.
70% of the world think warrior cats is stupid. 25% say who cares. Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover warrior cat book and slap the other people saying, “STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!!”
If I Don’t Respond To A PM Right Away, It’s Because My Anxiety Won’t Let Me Think Straight. Thank You For Your Patience!
Mood: Someone RP Albether with me please I’m begging you I’ll literally do anything

ImageImageImageImage
Firefoxx01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:39 am

Firefoxx01 wrote:
Sahrotaar wrote:I love basil especially to eat. The smell of herbs can overwhelm me though.

Anyone know how to bring back a dead Basil plant? Um.. My mom kind of let it die months ago. I've been hoping to do something about it but wondered.. Is it possible to bring a plant alive that's been dead for half a year? Its still outside the dead leaves there..

Hmm, I've brought a dead avacado seed to life. I suggest just water it every day and make sure it gets sunlight. I don't know much about Basil plants though.

Yeah, half a year sounds like it's past the point of no return. Just give it 6 - 8 (I believe that's best for basil) hours of direct sunlight and water it.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:00 am

Hiii! I started getting into plants a few months ago so I figured I'd join this thread :>

Username: Pyjaks
Nickname{s}: Py
Favourite plant: I dunno honestly! Right now, I have a small succulent, an aloe vera plant and a vegetable garden. I guess out of all of those, the succulent is my favorite.
I really like herb plants too, though. I'd like to get some soon.
i love plants
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 am

Hm, I should probably actually join this thread before yammering on about plants for hours.

Username: The Worst Username
    Nickname{s}: Worst mostly, but I'll go along with pretty much any name you give me!
    Favourite plant: huh, I have no idea. There's so many nice ones, especially herbs and small, flowering plants--anything you can toss in a pot, really. I live in an apartment, but I'd still love a big vegetable garden with rocks and native plants...eh, I'm rambling. Point is: plants are cool.
    i love plants very much indeeeeeeeeed
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Toffee the Whippet. » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 am

oh my goshhhhh...

My dad is building a garden for me owo
YAY
.Toffee the Whippet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby makima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 am

I might start building a garden in August when it cools down. I already have like 2 packs of forget-me-not seeds that have been lying around my house for like 2 months.
makima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 am

Leaved Wolves wrote:oh my goshhhhh...

YAY

That's so cool! What'll be in it? How much space do you have to plant?
ChasingVanilla wrote:I might start building a garden in August when it cools down. I already have like 2 packs of forget-me-not seeds that have been lying around my house for like 2 months.

Awesome. Will you plant anything else with them? Sounds almost like you could make a pretty wildflower garden.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby makima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 am

The Worst Username wrote:
Leaved Wolves wrote:oh my goshhhhh...

YAY

That's so cool! What'll be in it? How much space do you have to plant?
ChasingVanilla wrote:I might start building a garden in August when it cools down. I already have like 2 packs of forget-me-not seeds that have been lying around my house for like 2 months.

Awesome. Will you plant anything else with them? Sounds almost like you could make a pretty wildflower garden.

Yep. I have a blueberry plant and a basil plant that we haven't planted yet. I can make an area for edible plants like those.
makima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 am

I'm thinking the same thing! I did a summer vegetable garden and loved it, I think I'll try another for fall. I wanna throw some herbs in there as well because I haven't planted any of those yet, but I love looking at them in stores :> they're so pretty.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me