The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby Gvvdgrief » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Username;;
Good Grief.

Own a ferret?;;
I own 2, named Muse and Poppy

Your ferret photo;;

(Muse is the one on top, Poppy's on the bottom :) )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━---------
-=.==--------Todd / Adult / He/Him

Hi my name is Todd and I spend an absurd amount
of time thinking ab the band COIN. Returning long
time player coming back to trade a lil and see wha
ts up.

-----------------------
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gvvdgrief

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:15 am

"Brush not for me hooman. It belongs in my stash. Pls to give me now kthx"
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aeroz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Cedar loves his boat c:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aeroz (she/her)
just a boring lady with three cats (two are nakey) struggling through a phd

click images for credits
aeroz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 am

Excuse you sir, that is my phone!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 pm

Username;;
~LunarWolf~
Own a ferret?;;
2 Charlie and Lola
Your ferret photo;;
(Lola is sucking on Charlie's ear)
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vine boom sound » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:28 am

I was hoping someone could help me with this question. I have a ferret named Frisco who I have had for nearly 5 years now who also does not like drinking out of a water bottle but rather than from a water bowl. For awhile when we take him out of his cage and switched over to the water bowl for him, he often put his hands on the rim and would go backwards, pulling the water bowl with him, spilling water EVERYWHERE. To prevent it we folded a paper towel and put the water bowl over it which prevented him from doing it a little. We have switched over to plastic food container and place it on a dog food mat. Does anyone know why he does this?

Also, I know ferret cage minimum is pretty large and that they need a lot of space. When we first got Frisco he would usually stay in one place of the cage, he doesn't like to climb around in a cage. A few months later we got just a simple cage with a ramp that he can get up to eat and climb into his hammock. Besides, he mostly is in the cage just for sleeping and for a quick snack. Is it natural for ferrets to not like the large cages and prefer to be lazy in their cage and rather be out of their cage?

Vine boom sound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 am

BONELESS PIZZA wrote:I was hoping someone could help me with this question. I have a ferret named Frisco who I have had for nearly 5 years now who also does not like drinking out of a water bottle but rather than from a water bowl. For awhile when we take him out of his cage and switched over to the water bowl for him, he often put his hands on the rim and would go backwards, pulling the water bowl with him, spilling water EVERYWHERE. To prevent it we folded a paper towel and put the water bowl over it which prevented him from doing it a little. We have switched over to plastic food container and place it on a dog food mat. Does anyone know why he does this?

Also, I know ferret cage minimum is pretty large and that they need a lot of space. When we first got Frisco he would usually stay in one place of the cage, he doesn't like to climb around in a cage. A few months later we got just a simple cage with a ramp that he can get up to eat and climb into his hammock. Besides, he mostly is in the cage just for sleeping and for a quick snack. Is it natural for ferrets to not like the large cages and prefer to be lazy in their cage and rather be out of their cage?

A lot of ferrets like to play in their water bowls, but no one is really sure why they do it. My ferret Sega used to dig all of the water out of the water fountain, but he doesn't anymore. He still likes to submerge his entire head and snorkel though. Water bottles really aren't good for ferrets anyway, they tend to damage their teeth. I ended up buying a bowl that attaches to the side of the cage for water, and it's worked perfectly.

As to your second question, yes! Ferrets absolutely would rather be outside of their cage for the majority of the time. Your ferret is at least 5 years old, which is older for a ferret. So it's also normal that he wouldn't really need a huge cage like the double ferret nation my two are kept in.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 am

Username;;
KisaWolfz

Own a ferret?;;
I currently own four ferrets!
Silver/Panda female; Freyja. 5
Chocolate Sable female; Sif. 4
Black Sable female; Trico. 2

AND MY NEWEST member of the family I adopted about a month ago, is my boy.
Who currently has no name!

Your ferret photo;;
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ
kisawolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 am

I want to get my ferrets a double unit ferret nation cage (I work at a pet store, so I get a discount) and then I am seriously considering getting another ferret. I know I would have room for it with a new cage and all and caring for another one would be easy too. I have talked it over with my boyfriend, but every time I tell him I want a new ferret, he rolls his eyes and says “Sure” and proceeds to lecture me on why we don’t need another ferret. What do you guys think? Is my boyfriend right, or is he just saying that because he thinks it would be too many?
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

How many do you have now?