Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Bear Lovers United・ ᴥ ・

Postby paleosuchus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello! Do you love bears? Love the wilderness? Do you want to share photos of bears you have spotted and learn how you can help bears in need? You have made it to the right place!
Included is (lots) of information about bears, and some bear-related causes to support. I also want this to be a community of bear lovers. Feel free to share information, introduce yourself, share pictures! Whats you favorite bear?
Quick links to this post:
Bear information
Charities to support
About me & pictures

Spread the word by putting this in your signature or posting on other forums and websites!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=110283453#p110283453]🐻 ❤️  I Support Bears ❤️ 🐻[/url]
Last edited by paleosuchus on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult
Hoarding the Halloween’22 gummy snakes!
Stay foolish to Stay sane

Pet's name: Gumsworth, Lord of the Gumlings
credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United (win do not post yet!)

Bears are a carnivoran mammals. Although they are considered carnivores, they are omnivorous and some species eat only fruit and veg.
There are only 8 bear species alive today, but they are widespread. The eight species alive are the Brown Bear, American black bear, Polar bear, Sun bear, Asian black bear, Spectacled bear, Sloth bear, and the giant panda.

Brown Bear, also called the grizzly bear, is the most widespread of the bear species, most prominent in the U.S. and Russia. This is the inspiration for the classic teddy bear. These bears are famously seen catching salmon as they jump upstream.

The American black bear is the most widely distributed bear species in North America. They are omnivorous, with diets depending on location and the season. They are much smaller than their Grizzly counterparts. Fun fact: there is a genetic deformity making some black bears a dusty brown color! They are called “Cinnamon bears”.

Polar bears are the largest bear rivaled only by a subspecies of brown bear. It roams in the Arctic Circle. They spend most of their time in the sea and on the ice. They are mostly carnivorous and eat primarily ringed and bearded seals. There is some concern for these bears because of habitat loss.

Sun bears are found in the tropical forests of Southeast Asia. They are famous for the funny-looking tongue, which is very long so the bear can easily stick it into bee hives and lick out the honey. They are the original honey-bears!

Asian black bears are also called “moon bears”. They are very fuzzy bears, largely adapted to arboreal life. (Living in trees). In the wild, they eat many fruits, and in captivity can often be seen eating jars of jam! They have very large round ears that look like Mickey Mouse.

The Spectacled bear, often called the Andean bear, is the last short-faced bear species alive. They are also the last remaining bear species in South America. They are technically the largest land carnivore in South America, except they are not carnivores! Andean bears are almost completely herbivorous.

Sloth bears are insect-eating bears native to India. The noise they make while eating can be heard 330 feet away! Bhalu from the Jungle Book was actually a sloth bear. They are particularly territorial and have been known to attack humans more than any other bear.

The Giant panda, or simply the panda, is recognized by black patches on its eyes ears, and across the body. They have a very distinctive diet of bamboo, but this diet is not very nutrient rich and means that pandas cannot digest meat products and can only have 1 cub at a time as they cannot produce enough milk on a bamboo strict diet.
Last edited by paleosuchus on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Here are some bear-related charities to support. Giving to charities is not required by any means! You can support bears in many other ways, like shopping on websites that give proceeds to wildlife, or even just spreading awareness of animals! This is not meant to guilt trip anyone so do not feel burdened if you cannot give monetarily.
Helping polar bear habitats
Adopt a Polar Bear
Adopt a Grizzly Bear
Adopt a Panda
Adopt a Sloth Bear
Adopt a Spectacled Bear
Full list of animals you can sponsor
Last edited by paleosuchus on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Hello, I am Kittenbears! I love bears and that is why I made this post. I have never seen a wild bear, but I saw a black bear at the zoo and got very close and knew from then on I would help to protect these animals. I also love people. I collect teddy bears and rilakkuma merchandise in real life and am aiming to be a medical student. I’m happy to meet everyone in this new thread and please feel free to PM me privately with questions or just to become friends!
Without further ado, here are some pictures and gifs of bears:

(All images are taken form giphy or nat geo, both are widely distributed. If there is a problem with the images please pm me and they will be taken down/replaced)
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Lovers United OFFICIALLY OPEN :D

Postby Sugared_Strawberries » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:48 pm

I love bears! They're super niffty. I've seen a documentary that polar bears have bred with grizzly bears to make a funky combination!

God Loves You!
Feel free to ask me about Christianity!
“For I desire mercy, not sacrifice.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭6:6 and Matthew 9:13

My Webcomic! <3
My Webcomic's Instagram! <3
My Deviantart! <3
My Instagram! <3
My Tumblr! <3
Sugared_Strawberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 pm

pinkponygirl311 wrote:I love bears! They're super niffty. I've seen a documentary that polar bears have bred with grizzly bears to make a funky combination!

Yup! They are called "Pizzly" bears. It is a very unique hybrid, without getting into the "grizzly" details (hehehe) They are one of the few hybrid species that can reproduce! This means grizzly and polar bears are pretty much the same animal in the way a chihuahua and a pitbull are. Very fascinating.
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 am

Bears are really cool! :) There are black bears and grizzlies where I live, but I've never seen a grizzly. Once I saw a black bear eating berries on the side of the road, it was so cool. I guess I expected him to eat the berries one at a time but he just gnawed on the whole branch :lol:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:32 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:Bears are really cool! :) There are black bears and grizzlies where I live, but I've never seen a grizzly. Once I saw a black bear eating berries on the side of the road, it was so cool. I guess I expected him to eat the berries one at a time but he just gnawed on the whole branch :lol:

That is so cool! I don't think any bears live where I live but when I traveled to Alaska I went to a park where grizzly bears lived! One was a mom at the time. I never saw it but apparently it was really close because they saw it soon after. Alaska is full of nature though its crazy how many bald eagles they have!
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am

kittenbears wrote:
fluffycat6 wrote:Bears are really cool! :) There are black bears and grizzlies where I live, but I've never seen a grizzly. Once I saw a black bear eating berries on the side of the road, it was so cool. I guess I expected him to eat the berries one at a time but he just gnawed on the whole branch :lol:

That is so cool! I don't think any bears live where I live but when I traveled to Alaska I went to a park where grizzly bears lived! One was a mom at the time. I never saw it but apparently it was really close because they saw it soon after. Alaska is full of nature though its crazy how many bald eagles they have!

Yeah I've never been there but I've heard there's a lot of wildlife!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paleosuchus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:29 pm

fluffycat6 wrote:
kittenbears wrote:

Yeah I've never been there but I've heard there's a lot of wildlife!

Its crazy if you ever get the opportunity to then go! Its amazing
Selene . they/them
aries . adult

credit . link . hoard
paleosuchus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery