The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Year!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The 2017 Ultimate CAAA Character Challenge [Happy New Ye

Postby weegeestar5 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

hey guys! I hope you've been having fun with the challenge! I say as I have completed so little of it
anyway, after discussing things with wes, I'm introducing some new lil things to help you complete your challenges!

mini challenges

these mini challenges will be posted twice per month [one on the 1st and one on the 15th, likely!] and will be split up into 3 categories:
-art
-writing
-development

the exciting thing about this? you can win prizes from completing them!
wes and I, and likely another judge, will judge which entry is the best one! we'll be looking for effort and creativity; no worries if youre still not confident in your skills!
an important note, though, there will only be ONE OVERALL WINNER PER MINI CHALLENGE. so, instead of having one winner for writing, development, and art, we will look over all of the entries from across the three categories and pick only one winner! [so one winner per mini challenge posted, as opposed to three winners!]
wes and I still have to discuss things [such as setting up forms] of course! it may be that people can only win once [most likely tbh]

the prize would be a pet randomly selected by Wesley out of this group. I'm assuming wes will post pictures of the pets on the front page, or something. idk. I don't have control over the first few posts

you'll likely be able to use these towards your challenge as well, as long as requirements are met!
please note that you are not allowed to reuse writing/art/etc for these mini challenges! it must be new, otherwise that's not particularly fair :p [I mean I have to discuss this w/ wes, but it definitely seems like it'd be unfair oops]

I'm not sure about whether ordering art/writing is okay, i'll discuss that with wes

you can also complete them without necessarily entering the competition! just let us know if you post a form for it that you don't want yours to be judged!

and another thing...

prompts

you will NOT get prizes for completing prompts! prompts are merely just ideas that you can use for the character challenge!
basically, at random intervals I will post small prompts for you guys to complete to get muse flowing!
these are different to mini challenges as these will not be judged and are just p much to help you and your challenge! there will be no form for prompts or anything [basically, theyre just art/writing/etc. ideas that you can use to help develop your ocs!]

these do not have a set time as to when i'll be posting them - they may be posted 10 times in a month or none at all! I have to get ideas, after all :p

if you do have any ideas for prompts and mini challenges, please do pm me! I need to stock up on ideas haha

these are both very new ideas and are still prone to discussion between wes and I! c:

if you have any questions about this, feel free to PM either wes or myself!

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 am

Username: StripySeagull

How many characters do you own?
- I have a little (1-3/4 characters) over 31 characters, I need to go check that; so I'm in Tier 2.

What challenge(s) will you be attempting?
- "Character Keeper", "Balancing the Books", and "Basic Bio".

Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress:
- my toyhouse account; most of my characters are private or protected and unlisted right now though.

Any additional questions or information: I'll go check and edit this with that info later.
auld lang syne
Last edited by Cinnamon Heart on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:37 am

Those mini challenges sound like a boatload of fun Weegeestar! I can't wait! Will it start on the fifteenth of this month or the first of next month?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Those mini challenges sound like a boatload of fun Weegeestar! I can't wait! Will it start on the fifteenth of this month or the first of next month?

glad you think so!
if wes and I manage to discuss some of the finer details, it'll hopefully be this 15th since I already have a prompt idea c:

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 am

Great! I can't wait!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 am

Oooh! The mini challenges and prompts both sound cool and fun! :3

Sig art by Rexodus-Reloaded
Lyrics from "Wonderland" by Taylor Swift

Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnakeScales » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:38 am

Username: SnakeScales
How many characters do you own? Around 100 / tier 2
What challenges will you be attempting? character keeper, balancing the books, basic bio, sound track, snapshot, tag , youre it, fifty faces, a hundred avatars, and ready to reference !
Link to the website where you will be keeping your progress: my toyhou.se
Any additional questions or information:
if i were to sign up for a challenge, writing for example, and not do it for all my characters, would i still earn points?

also, (please reply in pm) ive dealt with character theft once, and im really wary on displaying my chars to the public. would i be able to authorize the caaa staff on my toyhou.se , so only they can see my progress in the challenges?
( ive made my char Sawyer public to show on the caaa but i plan to change it back to authorized soon)
auld lang syne
    xxxxxxxxxxImage
    Alexander, call me Alex - male - bi - dragon cave
    ♡s: drawing, zombies,
    Fall Out Boy, tøp,
    musicals (Hamilton, Heathers, BMC, DEH)
    kpop
    pixel by Selkie, avatar by me, my character/s
    xxxxxvery inactive on this site
SnakeScales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Pirate Dragon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:10 am

I had a question for any of the mods on here. Would this piece below qualify for the 100x100 avatar challenge? (These particular ones are oversized but if they were 100x100 pixels)
I'm not really active here anymore. Please don't ask for my pets or OCs!
The Pirate Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoffnungsstern » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 am

Username: Hoffnungsstern
How many characters do you own?: about 550-600 I'm not completly sure as I don't have everyone on my toyhouse which places me in tier 4
What challenge(s) will you be attempting?: Character Keeper, Basic Bio, Tag, you're it, Fifty Faces, a hundred avatars and maybe Snap Shot
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: http://toyhou.se/Hoffnungsstern
Any additional questions or information: I already have done some tags and personalities but none before 2017 so I think they count towards the challenge?
I also have a question about the soundtrack challenge how many music tracks are the minimum? I might do that challenge as well.
auld lang syne
Hoffnungsstern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:27 am

The Pirate Dragon wrote:I had a question for any of the mods on here. Would this piece below qualify for the 100x100 avatar challenge? (These particular ones are oversized but if they were 100x100 pixels)

Yes those would count for the 100 x 100 as long as they are the proper side and done individually without a base!
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me