music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby laura palmer. » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 am

hey gang, welcome to the music discussion thread
anyone can join, a sign up will b attached to this
post.

rules:
1- be kind & respectful, dont hate on others opinions
2- please don't remove the subject on your post
3- follow all cs rules! thanks

Code: Select all
[center][size=80][b]favorite artist (& why)[/b]: answer here
[b]all-time favorite song? (& why)[/b]: answer here
[b]least favorite artist? (& why)[/b]: answer here
[b]current favorite song?[/b]: answer here
[b]favorite album?[/b]: answer here
[b]favorite platform? (spotify, vinyl, etc)[/b]: answer here
[b]who have you see live?[/b]: answer here[/center][/size]
Last edited by laura palmer. on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 25 times in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

review archive

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:27 am

only rules for reviews are these;
1. must be rated out of 10
2. be honest and thoughtful
3. go into depth!

how to be a human being by glass animals - 9.5/10•10/10
a-ha shake heartbreak by kings of leon - 9/10
night people by you me at six - 7/10
regional at best by twenty one pilots - 10/10
bankrupt! by phoenix - 10/10
white blood cells by the white stripes -8/10
yield by pearl jam - 9/10
declaration of conformity by wellwater conspiracy - 8.5/10

songs from "friday afternoons" op.7 'cuckoo' by benjamin britten - 9/10
put a flower in your pocket by the arcs - 10/10
sweet home Alabama by lynrd skynrd - 10/10
i need you by lynrd skynrd - 9/10
workin' for mca by lyrnrd skynrd - 3/10

mac demarco - 10/10

selena gomez: revival tour - 10/10
panic! at the disco: doab tour - 10/10
sasquatch! music festival - 10/10

heavydirtysoul by twenty one pilots - 7/10
i apologize by five finger death punch - 10/10
Last edited by laura palmer. on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:06 am, edited 35 times in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby Crescent Moon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:40 am

favorite artist, and why; I really enjoy Glass Animals. They have this sort of vibe to their music that is super calming and is just overall amazing to listen to.
favorite song, and why; My favorite song would have to be I Found by Amber Run. The actual lyrics of the song are amazing and semi-relatable. Also the beat of the song and the sound of the singer's voice are both great.
favorite lyric, and why; The lyrics "Let's go out in flames so everyone knows who we are. Cause these city walls never knew we'd make it this far." in the song Silhouette by Aquilo are by far my favorite lyrics in the sense that they hold so much meaning. It's saying, "hey ,we gotta go out with a bang to show everyone that they were wrong." and that's pretty great.
favorite album, and why; Currently, my favorite albums are 5AM by Amber Run and How To Be A Human Being by Glass Animals. You cannot ask me to choose one album because there are so many great ones out there. However, these two albums consist of amazing songs that have equally amazing beats and lyrics. I can listen to both of these albums on repeat and not get bored of any song on them.
favorite genre; Umm this is a hard one. I guess I would have to say I really like synth pop, indie, and alternative genres.
favorite music news source [if any]; N/A
least favorite artist, and why; Flordia Georgia Line. I do not like country, like occasionally I will listen to a few songs that are O.K., but Flordia Georgia Line is not my cup of tea. I don't understand why they choose the lyrics they choose, and their songs just generally makes me uncomfortable.
least favorite song, and why; I don't really have one.
favorite music service Spotify

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ about me ♥
ℍ𝕖𝕪! 𝕀'𝕞 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟,
𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤
𝕀 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℕ𝕖𝕥𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕩, 𝕋𝕙𝕖
𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕦𝕡.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ links ♥
𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕞𝕖
𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥

◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻

Crescent Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:27 am

favorite artist, and why; Ryan Ross. He puts an emphasis on the importance of lyrics and I appreciate his sincerity when he sings or talks about his music. (Also, I want to give an honorable mention to Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash because I love them too. My dudes).
favorite song, and why; The Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett. It's a sick bop. A groovin' tune.
favorite lyric, and why; "I know the world's a broken bone/ Melt your headache, call it home." (From "Northern Downpour" by Panic! At the Disco). This loosely translates to "The world sucks for everyone so you better get over whatever trouble you have and get used to it." I am chronically ill and /actually/ have a headache 24/7 so when I first was dealing with my chronic illness, this line was actually a super helpful wakeup call.
favorite album, and why; Daisy by Brand New. It's self-loafing.
favorite genre; I like sad yelling and carnival music from the 1940's.
favorite music news source [if any]; Most of the artists I like are dead but I follow some on instagram dot com and that's about it.
least favorite artist, and why; Beyonce. Noah fence but I never liked her singing and I can't stand how high and mighty she and everyone else thinks she is.
least favorite song, and why; Can't Feel My Face by the Weeknd. It's dumb as rocks.
favorite music service I like to buy physical CDs
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:57 pm

@Crescent Moon
welcome to the club!!!
i really love glass animals! i havent listened to them much, but i really liked the song gooey. it has a nice vibe to it that i really enjoy, and the lead singer has a very nice voice.
i've been meaning to listen to their new album!! i'll have to do that now! it got really good reviews in rolling stone!
also, i can 100% agree on the florida georgia line thing.
im definitely not a fan either.
Last edited by laura palmer. on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:59 pm

@~Jaded

welcome to the group!!!

i agree on the cd's part, i buy mainly records, but those arent very portable hahaha.
i also love love love northern downpour. panic! at the disco has really good lyrics, and i look quite highly upon them.
i am a fan of beyonce, but i understand your opinion and i do very much agree that she's quite overrated.
there are indeed many much better singers and songwriters than her.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

how to be a human being review [UPDATED!]

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:54 pm

updated 2.26.17

tracklist;
1. life itself
2. youth
3. season 2 episode 3
4. pork soda
5. mama's gun
6. cane shuga
7. [premade sandwiches]
8. the other side of paradise
9. take a slice
10. poplar st
11. agnes

how to be a human being is the second studio album by the english group glass animals. it was released august 26th 2016, by the label harvest records [us]. dave bayley, the lead singer of glass animals, wrote every track on the album. the tracks range in time, the shortest being [premade sandwiches] at :36 and the longest being the other side of paradise at 5:21. the albums total length is 43:16. the album is a concept album, with each song telling the story of a person on the cover. there is no key though, and you must figure out the puzzle yourself.

the album was created by;

Dave Bayley – producer
Mat Cook – art direction, design
Tom Coyne – mastering engineer
Paul Epworth – executive producer
Glass Animals – primary artist, engineer
Neil Krug – photography
Riley MacIntyre – assistant engineer
Marta Salogni – mixing assistant
Matt Wiggins – engineer, mixing
David Wrench – mixing

it's peak position was #20 on the US Billboard, and #11 on the ARIA charts.

the tracks:

LIFE ITSELF;
this was the very first glass animals song i ever heard, so it's naturally going to have a spot close to my heart. the intro is very nice, and instrumental, with lots of percussion. the lyrics are sang softly and sweetly by dave bayley, and are quite nice. the beat picks up around 1:26, and the chorus starts. it's a very energizing song, and a good song at that. the instrumentals are nice, and pair very well with bayley's voice. the opening lyrics always hook me, "daddy was dumb, said i'd be something special". the music video to go along with it is also very nice.

YOUTH;
this song sounds a lot like life itself, with the beginning instrumentals. dave's voice is different in this song. still soft, but a lot sadder than the prior track. dave sounds not sad for himself, but sad for someone else. the lyrics also convey this, like he's sad for his child. "boy, when i left you were young, i was gone but not my love". it seems like a father apologizing for leaving. this song isn't my favorite, and seems a bit like a sadder version of life itself to me. :/

SEASON 2 EPISODE 3;
i like this track, and though the instrumentals sound like the other songs, it's a bit more computer generated. it almost sounds like an old 8-bit video game.

WILL FINISH THIS LATER
Last edited by laura palmer. on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crescent Moon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:08 pm

realjoshdun wrote:
so, today i listened to whole new glass animals album titled how to be a human being
it was really really good, and i really liked it.
i had stressful day, and i found dave bayley's voice to be really really calming. it reminded me a lot of beach house's album bloom, which i really really liked.
the lyrics are really good, and interesting. i think my favorite line is 'said that he loved each of my two million freckles', which i find interesting and endearing. it just stuck out to me. it's from the first track on the album, titled life itself.
my favorite song on the album was probably pork soda. i really liked the instrumentals, and paired with dave's voice, it sounded quite nice.
the instrumentals sound good on the whole album, and the 'guitar solo' on take a slice was nice to hear.
it's most definitely an album i'll be continuing to listen to, and i'm disappointed i didn't listen to it sooner!!
id rate it a 9.5//10!
if you've heard it, let me know what you thought!

I love this album. Personally I like the song Poplar St the best on the album. However, the entire album has a really wonderful vibe, and Dave's voice is amazing. I love this band so much and I can't wait to see if they're going to have another tour because I NEED to go to it.
I can see why you like Pork Soda. The band did a really great job executing that song and I'm really happy at house it came out.
The instrumentals on Season 2 Episode 3 are phenomenal in my opinion. I love how is has a sort of retro video game vibe to it.
But I take back what I said about Poplar St being the best, I think [Premade Sandwiches] takes the cake for the best on the album...that was a joke just btw. I give the whole album a 10/10. It is amazing and I love it sm.

𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ about me ♥
ℍ𝕖𝕪! 𝕀'𝕞 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟,
𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖 ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤
𝕀 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℕ𝕖𝕥𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕩, 𝕋𝕙𝕖
𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕦𝕡.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ links ♥
𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕞𝕖
𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥

◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻◅▻

Crescent Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby golden tarot » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:55 am

what i don't know what you mean by I am actually having a mental breakdown because I have found my people

favorite artist, and why; troye sivan. his music is absolutely incredible and takes through a roller coaster of emotions. he also is just super raw and puts all of his thoughts into his song, and it really pays off
favorite song, and why; for him. by troye sivan. this is a love song, but it will forever keep me looking forward towards that stupid, young love that everyone is in need of.
favorite lyric, and why; "don't ask me how, but i always thought that we could have a better love. when you lay me down, i forget that all i want is a better love." this is from the song better love by foxes and idk it just really kind of hits me. she's basically saying that she wants something better but she realizes that she has the best. but also this part in the song is so beautiful oh my
favorite album, and why; although my go-to album is blue neighborhood by troye sivan, at the moment it is joanne by lady gaga. i have been a fan of hers since she first released poker face, so i have been here for a long time. but this album is just so her in her natural state and the lyrics are so beautiful. by far, the album that i did not know i needed, but can not live without.
favorite genre; alternative/indie/indie pop/and a teaspoon of indie electronica.
favorite music news source [if any]; i use my friends a lot, but i follow a few music blogs, my favorite being Neon Gold.
least favorite artist, and why; taylor swift. ok i won't actually waste your time reading my massively long problem with her, but she isn't herself. she tries to experiment with different types of music and different genres, but it all is just copies of other songs and it just gets sooo boring after a while.
least favorite song, and why; right now, it is 24K magic by bruno mars. his last album was so so good, but this single kind of killed it for me. he tried a whole different style, and it just feels super choppy to me. i get why people like it, but it sounds like he went on garageband, pressed a button and was like "THIS IS PERFECT LETS USE IT."
favorite music service: spotify

wait was i allowed to plug my spotify in because if not i can take it out sorry im just really excited

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
hello! my name is golden tarot
and i love cs! my pms are always
open, so feel free to talk to me!
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

xxxxxxxxImage
╭━━━━━━━━━━━╮
the record shop! | adoption center!
need help? click here!
credit
╰━━━━━━━━━━━╯
xxxxxxxx