Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7 (Reminder p.21)

Postby bear » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:16 am

ooo i adore the design a lot! i love the colour combo too, it's a real nice mix of the browns and the pastel. and the pattern on the ears/body is super cool too, really mesmerising to look at!
    10/10 good design B))

Galileo?
    design/edits by me! ref lines by quardie @ dA
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zelos » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:25 am

10/10 ;; I almost always love your characters, they're all so good! Characters that are split down the middle like that color wise are often difficult to do, in my opinion, at least in a manner that looks nice, but this guy pulls it off, and I love the little darker coloured markings on his back, too. They add a nice touch. I think the wings being mismatched is really nice, too, and overall you have a very cohesive character. It might be cool if you added some accessories, but that's just me.

My boy Augustus? Linking bc the image is large. I've had him forever but I finally got around to actually designing him. He's the prince of a small country known as Bossanova and he's also a Dangan Ronpa OC but that's a long story. He's gentle, charming, and charismatic, and pretty easy to get along with, though he's not the brightest when it comes to jokes. It's not uncommon for them to go over his head. Ironically, he's fiercely protective over his bodyguard, whom he's actually in a secret relationship with (though the status of said relationship is a little bit complicated). If you'd like to read more about him, his profile is a wip, but there's some information on there! I'm slowly working on it.

Art/Design by me!
━━ ɴᴏ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴜs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Yo, my name's Zelos and I'm a gay lady
with too many OCs and a bad caffeine
addiction. I've got a bachelor's degree
in Creative Writing, and I'm passionate
about storytelling and character dev. I
also enjoy doing digital art and occasi-
onally take USD commissions!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[ sig art ] [ art search ] [ da ] [ waven ♡ ]
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
━━━ ɪ'ʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
zelos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:07 am

8/10! i'm not rlly a fan a human characters but this one isn't that bad! i think below the waistline he's a little dull and needs some spicing up, but they're definitely an intersting character!!

how's seattle look? design by corvidad, art by fab.
i know he doesn't have stripes in this image but i'm gonna add them soon! i was debating it so at the time he had no stripes.
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 pm

9/10 a really odd combination of colors! but surprisingly it works and i absolutely love it. i love the hair most of all, but other than that they're a little complicated for my tastes but it's a very minor thing.

Gul? By WhimsyWhim (If it's not apparent, she's a spider)
info can be found here
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheena » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm

10/10!

a spider is definitely an interesting character choice and not one that i ever get to see. the colours are pleasing to the eye and i really like the patterns overall. teal/red is always a good mix, and she actually looks like a spider, which is good in her favour! i would maybe suggest adding one more colour somewhere? like a necklace or in the pattern on her shirt, but that's really just a nitpick. kudos on the interesting character!

hisakawa? she's a big grump with negative zest for life and probably falls somewhere along chaotic stupid. she's a danganronpa oc and i'm sorry. she's got a hundred demons. if you want to read up on her info it's all there in the link (i'm still sort-of working on it, but it' mostly done, i just need to add details).
ɪ ᴄʀʏ ━━━━━━━━━━
━ ❝𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋, 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋‼
╒════════════════════╕
i'll finish this later lol
text text text text text text text

╘════════════════════╛
𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐖‼❞
╒════════════════════╕
links are gonna go here
and here

╘════════════════════╛
ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
sheena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen_Conker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 am

9/10
Sadly, I'm yet to watch Danganronpa so I can't really compare her to how she fits in with the show, but overall, shes a really nice character! Her colour palette really fits, and has a nice range of colours that aren't too bright, or over power each other! I do feel like she's missing a little something - a tattoo or something around her wrists (like a bracelet or bandana or something), although the design really works well as it is! So overall; good character! c:

A new sticky boy!
Art and design is mine!
His temporary name is Tim and even he doesn't know what species he is! His 'goo' is a similar material to squid ink, however it is sticky and thick like treacle. (luckily its water soluble, so it doesn't stain!) He always wears his glasses on his head but rarely puts them on his eyes. He really likes lemon-y and mint-y things, and hates being in water.

My deviant art
Used to be Wolves16
Siggy is a wip/I am Lazy

Queen_Conker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nafla » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 pm

5/10
I generally really like the design, the goo concept is really cool! At first glance though,
he just seems bland to me? Like nothing really sticks out(colour wise), just looks like one big swatch of blue.
Not saying that's a bad thing, I am saying it'll look a tad more interesting with some contrasting colours in there
somewhere. That's my opinion though, and you don't have to change anything if you don't want to of course! ^^;

(Art/Design; Me, Elfins) apologies for the size
This is Jasper, planning on changing his name to something more fitting? (suggestions welcomed!)

He's a big ol' softy dalmation x German Shepard mix c:
nafla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notactive » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:35 pm

9/10
the design looks really great! the simplicity of it really seems to suit jasper. i feel like it might all be a bit too pale, maybe you should have some contrasting colours or something? like darker spots here and there or a brighter eye colour, even an accessory. otherwise, he looks really nice to me!

spencer?
all by me
he's technically meant to be a human + a percy jackson/riordanverse oc, but i tend to have feral/furry versions since my skills in drawing human isn't quite great yet haha. otherwise, hes short, loud and moody.
notactive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zelos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 pm

10/10 ;; I love this dude! He's very cute and his markings are simple but nice to look at! I also like how his bandana matches his eyes. I was especially interested when you mentioned he's a PJO-type OC, so I'm definitely curious and would love to hear more about him and his story!

How about my girl Diantha? She's the general of a force assigned to a mountain fortress in a desolate, snowy landscape. Shes often dubbed "The Ice Queen" (I can already hear the Frozen jokes) for her cold and unforgiving demeanor. Most of the time, shes very serious and no nonsense, and while she cares for her soldiers, she has no problem making a sacrifice and losing a man or two if it's for the greater good. Despite being the general, she's also something of a healer/shaman, which is where the staff comes in. And before you say "a dog with a weapon/staff is impractical" use your imagination... lol... My characters aren't meant to be practical so please don't let that affect your rating.

Art/Design by @cityscyes on IG. Give them a follow if you've got an Instagram!

━━ ɴᴏ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴜs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Yo, my name's Zelos and I'm a gay lady
with too many OCs and a bad caffeine
addiction. I've got a bachelor's degree
in Creative Writing, and I'm passionate
about storytelling and character dev. I
also enjoy doing digital art and occasi-
onally take USD commissions!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[ sig art ] [ art search ] [ da ] [ waven ♡ ]
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
━━━ ɪ'ʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
zelos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mogwai » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

10/10
Where do I start oml, I absolutely love the idea for this character, coupled on top of a nice simplistic design. The blue eyes is a great contrast against the browns and blacks, it's almost striking how pretty they are.
I love "Ice Queen" character archetypes. Not soft and doesn't take anything from anyone. My only real complaint would be the dagger, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. A healer needs to protect herself in close quarters in some way. But it does look a wee bit silly on anything else than "ninjas/assassins". After all, she has sharp teeth.
Absolutely a gem of a character, I love her.

--

Styx?
(image link because of size)
(more info)

TL;DR, she is a cyborg surgeon, specifically made for harvesting organs from the deceased during the plague, but was "advertised" as an assistant.

I just made her, I'd love any tips that you could offer!
A wild CYNTHERIA appeared!

>[BATTLE] [POKEMON]
[ITEMS] [FLEE]
Mogwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me