Create A Herd - v.1

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Create A Herd - v.1

Postby ghostmaker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:07 am

ImageImageImage

Disclaimer: Katrione is the creator of this game mechanic and layout. I do not claim to own it in any way.

Wild mustangs have roamed the wilderness of North America for centuries. They had scouts to look for new territory when needed and guards to protect the herd from rivals. Even with predators hunting them down, they still survived. But now, horse wranglers have been rounding them up and auctioning them off either as pets, working horses, or even to slaughterhouses. The number of horses left free is diminishing. Will you be able to build up your herd and save the last of the wild horses?

Create A Herd Fanclub

RULES
1) Follow all the Chicken Smoothie rules.
2) The idea for this game is not mine. The original,
Create A Clan, is owned by Katrione, and this
game has been made with their permission.
3) I will remake this game at 900 pages.
4) Please use proper grammar and punctuation
and do not use text talk at all.
5) Be kind and respectful to both me and other
members at all times.
6) Do not requote your post unless it has been
skipped over by a mod.
7) Do not mini-mod.
8) Please PM me if you are confused or if you
have any questions.
9) No begging for new horses/herbs/allies/enemies
10) Make sure to have fun! c:

HERD OF NIGHT SKY
    Leader: [ Owner ]
    .mochi | Herd Name

Deputy: [ Co-Owner ]
    zephyrine | Herd of Bright Sunrise

Scouts/Guards: [ Mods ]
    Username | Herd Name

Weanlings: [ Mini-Mods ]
    Username | Herd Name
    HERD OF RAGING FIRE
    Scouts/Guards: [ Banned ]
    Username | Ban Length

Weanlings: [ Warnings ]
    Username | Warning No.

HOW TO PLAY

Starting Off
If it is your first time posting, you must tell me about your herd. You can describe things like your herd's name, nature, reputation, territory and horses' personalities. These things help us decide on what your first horse, the leader will look like! We will quote your post with a picture of your first horse and they will be the horse who is the foundation of your herd. You can decide on things like the leader's name and age. All leaders will be stallions.

Getting More Horses
Your herd will start off small and you will have to build up it's population. You may only find new horses on patrols. You will be able to pick their name, gender and age as well.

Patrols
You are able to send up to 6 horses out on a patrol at one time. There are only a few things that can happen on patrols: you can chase off a threat, which will also keep your herd safe for 12 hours; you can find a new horse at the border (however the further along your herd gets the less likely this is to happen), you will usually only find scouts, guards, and weanlings, but you will sometimes find foals at the border if you have mothers available; and you can find a leader of a rival herd that will ask for an alliance that you can accept, ignore, or even decide on becoming enemies.

New Ranks
Whenever you have a horse old enough to move onto the next rank (6 months- foal to weanling, 12-24 months- weanling to scout or guard), you must write that in the "Actions" section of your post. You must also do this when promoting a horse to deputy, or retiring a horse to become an elder.

Becoming Mates/Having Foals
Without foals, your herd would struggle to thrive. To have two horses become mates, post them going for a walk together and one of them asking the other to be their mate. In my post, I will time skip to the mare finding out she's expecting foals, then you will have to wait two months (2 posts). If you wish for the mare to not have foals yet, make sure to tell me. If you want a mare to have another foal later on, say so in your post as well. A mare will usually give birth to one foal, but occasionally you will have twins, though the chances of both surviving is slim, and the mare has a higher chance of dying.

Aging/Death
You must age your horses up 1 month every time you post. If in one post, you had a weanling who was 8 months, then in the next post you would make that weanling 9 months. In this game, there are 6 possible ways for your horse to die; being born stillborn, old age, being attacked severely by a dangerous animal/another horse, mares can die having foals, not having your injuries treated within 2 days of them getting injured and/or sick, and starvation.

Healing/Herbs
When you find your healer, you will have the option to choose 5 herbs to start off your medical storage. When you send your healer out to find herbs, you can only find 2 every patrol they take to find herbs. Once your healer gets an apprentice, you will be able to find 3 on one patrol. You store your herbs in the medicine store and they can be used to heal sick or injured horses.

Mentors
You will be the one to assign a certain mentor to a certain weanling. When foals become weanlings, they must choose whether they want to be a scout or a guard, and a horse from the rank they choose will teach and look after them. Before your weanling is allowed to become a scout/guard, they must complete 3 training sessions and they must be at least 12 months old. They learn a new ability during each training session. For scouts the abilities include: stamina, perceptiveness, and sense of smell. For guards the abilities include: strength, speed, and fighting.

Ally Herds
If you meet a neighboring herd while on patrol, you can choose to become their ally. Ally herds usually act friendly towards each other and resolve disputes without fighting. You can give herbs to an ally herd if they don't have the herb they need but you do and if they are in desperate need of one. You can also trade horses with an ally herd, but this can only happen at a gathering. If your herd is under attack, your ally can join the fight and defend you as long as the enemy herd isn't their ally. If your ally defends you in an attack, you have a much less chance of your horses dying or being captured.

Enemy Herds
If you meet a neighboring herd while on patrol, you can choose to become their enemy or rival. Enemy herds usually act hostile towards each other and often argue and fight. You can steal foals, weanlings, elders, and herbs while raiding an enemy herd's camp. You need at least 4 horses to do this, and the only way the enemy herd can get these back is if they attack your herd. Attacks can prove fatal and there will often be horses injured, captured, or even killed during attacks. You can make peace and become allies with an enemy herd during a Gathering.

Gatherings
Next Gathering: TBD
Gatherings happen once every 2 weeks, usually on Saturdays (they may be put earlier/later because of holidays). At a Gathering, you can choose your leader, deputy, and healer (and their apprentice) along with six others to attend, and your leader or deputy will share news to the rest of the herds. It is here that fights can break out and friendships and romances can blossom, so it is a good event to attend. It is here battles can be arranged and horses can be swapped. Herds can also form alliances and rivalries here. You can do this by getting the leaders to talk, and if they find common interests, or seem aggressive towards each other, they can become allies or enemies!

Forbidden Romances
Forbidden romances are romantic relationships with either a healer or a horse from another herd. Horses can form romances with horses from both ally and enemy herds and can sneak out of camp to meet them and bond at Gatherings. However, if the relationship results in foals, they will have to find a horse willing enough to cover up as their father. It can be arranged at a Gathering for one or more of the foals to be given to the parent of the other herd. It is rare, but some horses may find out that the foals are forbidden and the parent(s) and/or foals could be exiled from the herd.

Seasons
Each season will last two weeks, each season having one Gathering. After the Gathering ends, a new season will start, going in order from Winter to Fall. When your mod replies to your post, the mod will write what type of weather your herd has for that day, which will ultimately effect how things go for you that day.

Winter- During winter, the chances of catching colds are higher. If you send the same horse out multiple times in the same post, they are more likely to catch a cold, which can quickly turn ugly, so be careful. After your cat catches a cold, don't send them out for 2 posts or their cold will progress to something worse. The sun will start to go down early and it will get colder once the sun starts to go down. It will be hard to find grass that is fit for eating and isn't frozen, and a couple horses might die of starvation. The lack of food leads to the herd searching elsewhere for it, which could be another herd's territory. This is how fights could start. It will also be harder to find new horses on patrols.
Spring- During spring, foalings will run much smoother and the chances of the mothers or foals dying during birth will go down dramatically. There will also be plenty of fresh grass to go around. The chances of catching colds will go down. With all the snow melting, it is very likely that your territory will start flooding. There will also be more storms that will contribute to the flooding. The odds of finding new horses is very high.
Summer- During summer, you are more likely to run into wranglers on patrols, and rogue groups will most likely start to try and settle on your territory, so keep an eye out. You are still likely to get floods, but there will be more droughts towards the middle of summer. Because of the droughts, the grass will start to shrivel up. Your herd will still receive new horses but not as much as you would in summer.
Fall- During fall, it will start to get colder, so the grass will begin to shrivel up. The sun will start going down earlier and earlier and this will continue into winter. Foalings will start to get a little bit harder, so make sure to stock up on foaling herbs like fennel, chervil, ragwort leaves and raspberry leaves. You will encounter predators more often.

Post Format
After your first post, you will use the following format in every post to keep track of your herd. Replace the "link" in the X with the image of your horse.
You are welcome to add some coding to it, but please do not edit its context much.

Code: Select all
[center][size=200]Your Herd's Name[/size]
[size=85][b]Number of Horses:[/b] Here[/size]

[size=85]Put your post of what your horses are doing here[/size][/center]

[left][list][list][list][size=75][b]Leader:[/b]
Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

[b]Deputy:[/b]

[b]Healer:[/b]

[b]Healer Apprentice:[/b]

[b]Scouts:[/b]

[b]Guards:[/b]

[b]Weanlings:[/b]

[b]Mothers:[/b]

[b]Foals:[/b]

[b]Elders:[/b]
Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url][/size][/list][/list][/list][/left] [left][list][list][list][size=75][b]Ally Herds:[/b]
Herd Name | Username[/size]

[size=75][b]Enemy Herds:[/b]
Herd Name | Username[/size]

[size=75][b]Mates:[/b]
Name & Name
[color=transparent]xx[/color]↪ Foal Names

[size=75][b]Medicine Store:[/b]
Herb Name | Quantity | Use[/size]

[size=75][b]Mentors:[/b]
Scout/Guard Name | Weanling Name | No. of Training Sessions[/size]

[size=75][b]Deceased Horses:[/b]
Name | Cause of Death[/size][/list][/list][/list][/left]

LIST OF HERDS

Here is the list of herds, who owns the herd, and which mod replies to them:

.MOCHI
─────────────
Herd of Bright Sunrise | zephyrine
Mañana Herd | honey it's hunkules
Herd of Rumbling Thunder | Dinolil1
Herd of Blazing Comets | miss universe
Herd of Gusty Wilds | Chamrosh
Herd of Imperius | leda.
Horseshoe Herd | *~Loadin~*
Herd of Gentle Spirits | rose gold,
Herd of Whistling Sands | Zmija's Folly
wondering spirits herd | NightWolf950
herd of raging winds | ubiquitous.
azul valley herd | vampiress_fox
herd of serene falls | aesthetic.
herd of the bruning fire | Mika.
shadow herd | Savannah-the-Caracal
ZEPHYRINE
─────────────
tbd | tauriel.
Herd of Echoes | Katrione
Herd of Echoing Eclipse | Heda
Herd of the Blazing Sun | purrfect.
Herd of the Windblown Mountains | save seedcakes
Howling Ridge Herd | Wolfy858
Lunar Herd | Bumbletear
Herd of the Snow Blizzard | BrightDays
river valley herd | PuppygirlWillow
herd of the glittering stars | ayasha;;
herd of the shining stars | parasol.
herd of eternity | Nightsong-ShadowClan
herd of broken hearts | FangofBloodclan
starrfyre wild herd | Starwindrider
herd of the red sun | crutchie_
Last edited by ghostmaker on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create A Herd - v.1

Postby tauriel. » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:57 am

The herd of _____

Personalities:

These horses value two things over other things: family and freedom. They look down on those horses who willingly allow humans to get on their backs and are a bit snobbish, looking down on those who weren't born wild or were captured and tamed. Despite this, they do have their good traits. They're closest relationships are with each other and they will take in lone mares quite willingly.

Looks:

Most horses are roans, grullas, duns, and buckskins. Chestnuts, bays, pintos ect. are uncommon colors found in the herd.
Most are mustangs although other warmblood(quarter horses, paso finos, etc) or hot blooded(arabians, thoroughbreds etc.)breeds can be found occasionally. Cold-bloods(Drafts like percherons, cyldesdales, etc.) are never seen within the herd.

Territory:
WIP(For now just picture the pryor mountains in Montana.)
X
X
X

Name/Territory are a WIP.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ashton. » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am

The Herd of Bright Sunrise is known for their sense of right and wrong. They will stop at nothing to see that justice is dealt, sometimes to the point of being the problem themselves. They are so nit-picky and always watching for someone to make a mistake that they end up causing most of the fights they accuse others of starting. These horses are very courageous, quick to take things into their own hands (hoofs, i guess). Their territory mainly consists of flat, open plains, meeting a forest in the north and west and a small river in the east. Coyotes are often seen here, but aren't too much of a threat due to their size. Every once in a while, a cougar or wrangler will be spotted. The horses in this herd are raised to be especially skilled in fighting due to their being in battles so often. Because of this, their number of scouts is far less - but they don't intend to move from where they are anytime soon anyways. Food is aplenty and they are safe here. Bright Sunrise is a very religious herd, holding a firm belief in the Herd of Night Sky. When a foal is ready to become a weanling, they must sleep the night before their ceremony under the starry sky, away from the other members of the herd, out in the open with no trees above them to block the view of Night Sky. They will dream of what their future rank will be - scout, guard, or healer. The horses in this herd come in a variety of colors, but the majority are bay, paint, and dun.
ashton.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am

tauriel. wrote:
The herd of _____

Personalities:

These horses value two things over other things: family and freedom. They look down on those horses who willingly allow humans to get on their backs and are a bit snobbish, looking down on those who weren't born wild or were captured and tamed. Despite this, they do have their good traits. They're closest relationships are with each other and they will take in lone mares quite willingly.

Looks:

Most horses are roans, grullas, duns, and buckskins. Chestnuts, bays, pintos ect. are uncommon colors found in the herd.
Most are mustangs although other warmblood(quarter horses, paso finos, etc) or hot blooded(arabians, thoroughbreds etc.)breeds can be found occasionally. Cold-bloods(Drafts like percherons, cyldesdales, etc.) are never seen within the herd.

Territory:
WIP(For now just picture the pryor mountains in Montana.)
X
X
X

Name/Territory are a WIP.

your herd has been founded

zephyrine wrote:
The Herd of Bright Sunrise is known for their sense of right and wrong. They will stop at nothing to see that justice is dealt, sometimes to the point of being the problem themselves. They are so nit-picky and always watching for someone to make a mistake that they end up causing most of the fights they accuse others of starting. These horses are very courageous, quick to take things into their own hands (hoofs, i guess). Their territory mainly consists of flat, open plains, meeting a forest in the north and west and a small river in the east. Coyotes are often seen here, but aren't too much of a threat due to their size. Every once in a while, a cougar or wrangler will be spotted. The horses in this herd are raised to be especially skilled in fighting due to their being in battles so often. Because of this, their number of scouts is far less - but they don't intend to move from where they are anytime soon anyways. Food is aplenty and they are safe here. Bright Sunrise is a very religious herd, holding a firm belief in the Herd of Night Sky. When a foal is ready to become a weanling, they must sleep the night before their ceremony under the starry sky, away from the other members of the herd, out in the open with no trees above them to block the view of Night Sky. They will dream of what their future rank will be - scout, guard, or healer. The horses in this herd come in a variety of colors, but the majority are bay, paint, and dun.

your herd has been founded.

ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

Mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember! » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

Mark!
yo, it's ember! i'm here with a reminder that y'all are radical!! B)

DeviantArt // i like to draw <3 // ask me about commisions or art trades! //
// make that warrior cat! (my forum game!!) // a document full of cat pictures!! feel free to use for roleplays and the like. c: // cac, a forum game that's near and dear to my heart. check it out if you like writing and warrior cats! //
Ember!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 am

The Herd of Echoes is known for their bright, loud personalities. They are always the friendliest horses you'll ever meet. They rarely ever get into fights but when the safety of their herd is threatened, nothing will stop them from protecting each other. The herd was named for the loud sound of their calls and their stamping hooves.

Their territory and camp is tucked away into a beautiful valley inside a large mountain. Not far from their main valley is a creek where the horses will usually come down and drink from.

The Echo horses usually have darker pelt colors, the most common being a chocolate brown color. The herd considers every horse to be beautiful but grey dapples are favored among the herd.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honey it's hunkules » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:37 am

The herd of Mañana values loyalty and
strength over everything. This herd is know for it's wild
and brash nature. Despite this, they are loyal to their
herd and take pride in knowing they'll easily die for
each other. The live in flat, dusty plans x
The horses are commonly Friesians, Clydesdales, and
Andalusian, horses known to be proud and strong.
Last edited by honey it's hunkules on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
w. i .p used to be snek lives matter & lafayette.

honey it's hunkules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ashton. » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:38 am

Katrione wrote:

The Herd of Echoes is known for their bright, loud personalities. They are always the friendliest horses you'll ever meet. They rarely ever get into fights but when the safety of their herd is threatened, nothing will stop them from protecting each other. The herd was named for the loud sound of their calls and their stamping hooves.

Their territory and camp is tucked away into a beautiful valley inside a large mountain. Not far from their main valley is a creek where the horses will usually come down and drink from.

The Echo horses usually have darker pelt colors, the most common being a chocolate brown color. The herd considers every horse to be beautiful but grey dapples are favored among the herd.

your herd has been founded!
      the herd of night sky has sent you a leader.
ashton.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

create a herd - v.1

Postby requiem, » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:45 am

mark/res c:
quit cs.