Guidebook to Understanding Unicorns

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Guidebook to Understanding Unicorns

Postby hugs100 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Witch ID Registry | Leveling | Fanclub | Nursery | Customs | MYOs| Archives
Artist Search | Nursery Artist Search

𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
      Welcome to the Guidebook to Understanding Unicorns. I'm sure the info found here will prove useful in understanding how to befriend a unicorn, how to care for one, and aid in clarifying anything else that confuses you!
      There are but a few brief chapters in this book, as it seems this book has a habit of changing and updating itself as it needs to be. It is a magic guidebook after all! Refer to this guidebook often whenever you need help with something, any questions you ask here will be added to the questions chapter to help other witches understand the ways of the unicorns!

A Brief Summary of Each Chapter
        1. Registration and Ownership: This chapter will go over the registration process and the "ownership" of a unicorn.
        2. Vocations and Focuses: This chapter goes into depth about what a vocation is and what it means for a unicorn to have a focus and how these things effect you as a witch!
        3. Experience: This chapter will go over how to obtain experience so that you can raise up your ranks as a witch!
        4. Breeding: This chapter will explain the breeding process, mostly the specifics of how magic vocations and focuses transfer from two unicorns to a brand new unicorn!
        5. FAQs: Any questions that are asked often will be answered here! Be sure to read this chapter before asking the guide any questions.

- Artisan Emory Faber
Registration and Ownership | Vocations and Focuses | Experience| Breeding| FAQs
Last edited by Error on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Registration and Ownership

Postby hugs100 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

𝑅𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
      Registration is highly important for unicorn ownership. Your ID will have all the info you need to know about yourself. Without it, you cannot try to impress a unicorn! Unicorns will frown at you if you do not have one at hand, believing you to be a careless witch and unworthy of their knowledge. So please, please be sure to have this on hand!

In order to register, you must send a letter to the Witch ID Center. You cannot send any other letters there, as it will upset the staff I'm afraid. Be sure to read the Witch ID Center's post thoroughly in order to ensure that you have done all the steps correctly!

The Registration Process will go as such:

Step 1. Fill out your ID as the rules of the Witch ID Center states.
        Step 2. Wait for your ID to be processed, it will appear in the ID Records.
        Step 3. Once approved and processed, you can now enter for a unicorn!

Due to the possible varying processing time, it is best to register as soon as you possibly can. Otherwise you might miss out on a unicorn you really want!
    𝒪𝓌𝓃𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅
      While "ownership" is one way to phrase the partnership formed between a witch and a unicorn, it isn't entirely the correct word. But it is the word we will use here as I'm a bit to lazy to erase it and rewrite it. Cursive can be quite the pain. (And magical books are a bit hard to edit I'm afraid.)

Either way, a witch is, technically, in a position of ownership when they form a bond with a Unicorn. They are now in charge of the unicorn's safety. It is best to keep these facts about your Ball-Jointed Unicorn in mind when caring for them:

• They are small and slight. A minimum of 10 inches and a max of 16 inches - measured by their withers. This means they can be easily harmed and stolen, so be sure to keep a close eye on them and ensure that they are kept out of harms way!
      • A Ball-Jointed Unicorn is simply a vessel that a magical sprite has decided to inhabit. Despite this fact, these magical sprites can die if they do not have a vessel to remain in. They seem to prefer the bodies of the Ball-Jointed Unicorns. Sometimes the sprite might transfer from one body to the next, it is all up to them, you cannot force the changes and you must be respectful of their decisions.
      • If your Ball-Jointed Unicorn breaks, quickly return to the Artistry of Rún to obtain a new body. If you are lucky, the sprite will have remained long enough to transfer to the new body without harm. If not, then I am afraid your unicorn will have passed on and there is no way to get them back.
      • Talk to your unicorn! You might not believe it at first, but once a witch bonds to a unicorn, the unicorn is able to communicate to them! They will have lots to say and nearly all of them enjoy teaching you a little something about their ways of magic.
      • They have no need for food or water, but some enjoy being offered it anyways.
      • Unicorns can pick when they wish to die. Perhaps that sounds a bit morbid, but you must realize that without a need to eat or drink, or even sleep, a unicorn can live for a very long time in an unbroken body. They have been known to outlive their witches and for this reason, they choose when to pass. A bond between a witch and a unicorn can be so strong, that when the witch passes the unicorn simply no longer wishes to live without them. They will leave their bodies and the bodies will never move again, and that is how you know the unicorn passed on their own free will.
Last edited by Error on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vocations and Focuses

Postby hugs100 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm

𝒱𝑜𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈
      There are three main Vocations a Ball-Jointed Unicorn can be connected to. While witches can practice magic from all vocations, unicorns can only practice magic from one vocation and one focus. Each Unicorn is born into their vocation and cannot change it, no matter what.
      The vocations are as such:

Nature: magic of the physical being and surroundings.
        Dream: magic of things only seen in the mind.
        Energy: magic of the things that can both be physically seen and hidden away in the senses.

Each vocation is equal to the other. There appears to be no rarity between them, each appearing as often as the other. Which is a good thing for witches wishing to learn how to cast spells from all vocations.
    𝐹𝑜𝒸𝓊𝓈𝑒𝓈
      A focuses is a sub-class of the vocations. It is a branch from the trunk that a vocation is. A unicorn is able to practice and teach only one focus in one vocation. They are unable to change their focus. Witches, however, are able to learn about all focuses within a vocation class. There are many witches who have chosen to practice the magic of only one vocation and in turn, learn of all the spells hidden in the varying focuses that branch off from it. This can take a lifetime to learn and will require sometime and quite a few different unicorn mentors to learn from.

All focuses are below:

𝒩𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒
      Earth
      Water
      Air
      Fire
      Plants
      𝐸𝓃𝑒𝓇𝑔𝓎
      Light
      Shadow
      Magnet
      Navigation
      Teleportation
      𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂
      Illusions
      Telepathy
      Telekinesis
      Precognition
      Clairvoyance
Last edited by Error on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Experience

𝐸𝓍𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒
      All witches must start off somewhere. Which is an apprenticeship in the arts of magic. This is the first rank in the many ranks of being, well, a witch! Many witches will begin as an apprentices and slowly, over time, find themselves gaining enough experience to be considered an adept and possibly even a preeminent! Of course, that comes over time, with enough practice in their craft and enough friendships formed with the unicorns!
      That being said, many unicorns are highly interested in witches who have already obtained some sort of experience. Making it a little bit difficult for new apprentices to find a unicorn friend, but don't be discouraged by this! With enough attempts and work, a unicorn is sure to befriend you!

Unicorns are far more willing to befriend witches who have proven themselves worthy of their friendship, normally this witch will have other unicorns. Possibly a little herd of them! After some studying, it was found that when a witch has a certain title, unicorns are more willing to hang around.

Here are the titles (sometimes called a "rank") a witch can obtain, how many unicorns they're able to befriend during this time, and how much experience they need to obtain the title in question.

Apprentice
          0 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 3
        Adept
          150 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 6
        Expert
          300 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 9
        Master
          600 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 12
        Maestro
          1200 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 15
        Preeminent
          2500 EXP
          Max Unicorns: 20

Now, you may find yourself asking: How does one obtain these experience points? Well! That's simple! Here are the following ways to level up your abilities:

Attempter's EXP: Base of 5-10 points + bonus points for art/writing done
        Experience gained from trying out for a unicorn. (only for finished forms)

Winner's EXP: 50 points
        Experience gained from winning a unicorn.

Artist's EXP: 10 points for uncolored sketch/headshots | 20 points for finished pieces/full bodies | 25 points for complex pieces
        Experience gained from drawing an art piece about their character and/or unicorn(s).

Writer's EXP: 10 points per 500 words
        Experience gained from writing a story about their character and/or unicorn(s).

The finalization of these points must be registered in the leveling location. Upon writing out everything you've done to practice your art, you will "level up" in the ranks. Permitting you to obtain a new title and the ability to impress more unicorns!
Last edited by Error on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

𝐵𝓇𝑒𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔
      Unicorns are a bit strange when it comes to breedings. Unlike most creatures that have genetics that change their appearance, unicorns have genetics that change their magic ability!

Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when breeding a pair of unicorns!

• Unicorns are naturally genderless. Therefore gender does not matter in breedings.
    • Only 2 unicorns can be bred together for one breeding. There cannot be a third partner.
    • You must wait 2 weeks after breeding your unicorns to breed them again.
    • B-JUs can only be bred 2 times as of right now.
    • There is a 5% chance of the breeding resulting in twins.
    • If a unicorn has a unique edit, there is a 50% chance of it passing.
    • Only Vocations have an allele type, Focuses are randomly rolled for.

Vocation Genes of a Gen 1 Unicorn
        Nature: Nn
        Energy: Ee
        Dream: Dd

N = Dominant Nature allele
        n = Recessive Nature allele

Breeding Process:
        Step 1.
        Roll for twins. Twins have a 5% chance of happening, so a roll between the numbers 1-100 must land on any number between 1-5 for a twin to be born.

Step 2.
        Find the Vocation alleles. Create a chart (pictured in the example breeding) using the parents' alleles. Label each possibility through 1-4. Roll for a number between 1-4. Whichever number it lands on is the alleles of the offspring.

Step 3.
        Find the Focus type. Using the found Vocation, make a list of the five focus types and label them 1-5. Roll for a number between 1-5, which ever number it lands on is the offspring's focus.

Step 4.
        If one parent has edits: there is a 50% chance of edits passing. Roll for a number between 1-100, if it lands between 1-50 then it passes. If the number lands between the numbers 51-100 then it does not pass. Do this for each edit the parent has.
        If two parents share an edit (say, a horn edit) then it will automatically pass.

Step 5.
        Design the offspring as a mix between the parents markings and colors. Markings/colors are not effected by genetics.
      All rolls are made using random.org

Example Breedings

Last edited by Error on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQs

𝐹𝒜𝒬𝓈
    • Can I change the character of a processed Witch ID? (read: a Witch ID that has already be registered into the system)
      If you have a Witch ID that is at Apprentice rank*, you can reset it with a new Witch character.
      The unicorns owned by the previous witch would be transferred to the new witch, however, no experience points will transfer over. So if you won one unicorn previous and obtained 50 EXP, then reset your ID, you will keep the unicorn gained, but lose out on the EXP.

Since unicorns can be transferred between your IDs, you can use a second ID as a "storage" for your unicorns you wish to transfer later to the new ID.

There is no limit to resetting your ID, nor any cost outside of the EXP lost. IDs can only be reset if the previous Witch ID owns only 3 unicorns or less on it. Because any more than 3 unicorns will cause an ID to "gum up" and stop it from being able to gain EXP outside of the Writer's and Artist's EXP.

*If you have an ID that is higher than Apprentice, but currently only has 3 or less Unicorns on it, it can be reset.

However, there is a "Unicorn Daycare" center in which the Unicorns will be held by the NPC, Victor Bloodworth. These unicorns are still owned by their previous owners, however, they cannot be bred, revamped, or traded off during this time. They can however, be gifted and sold. The unicorns will remain in this care system until the owner has enough slots to receive them back.

If you need a Unicorn to be held, please PM me.

• Physical Make: Can a unicorn be made from clear resin; can the resin have plants in it?
      Short answer: yes!
      Long answer: the physical make can be solid or hollow. When using clear resin, the B-JU will be solid. Therefore the plants (or objects) inside of it will be stuck in one spot and cannot move around.
      If using clear glass, then the B-JU will be hollow and can act as terrarium. Being able to house living plants, or filled with moveable sand/liquid.

Both glass and clear resin are considered a "Physical Make" and are on equal level with the other. However, their functionality is slightly different and depends entirely on how you want the plants/sand/other objects to behave.

• Physical Make: Does a unicorn need to be made from glitter resin to have glittery markings?
      Short answer: no.
      Long answer: A B-JU consists of three parts: the invisible magic sprite that possesses the body, the physical make of the unicorn, and the paint. Since these three things are separate parts, they change different aspects of the B-JU.

Physical Make: Changes the design of the entire B-JU. For example: a B-JU made out of glitter resin will have glitter throughout the entire design. If the B-JU was (hypothetically) cut in half, the pieces would be made out of glitter resin completely through.

Paint: Changes the topical layer of the B-JU. Paint makes up the markings of a B-JU. All standard B-JUs are made out of simply, resin. Because of this, you can "paint on" selective glittery markings (such as the horn/hooves being painted with glitter.) If the B-JU was again (hypothetically) cut in half, then it would be made out of nothing but normal resin with a topical paint layer.

Therefore, you can have a B-JU with selective markings "made of" glitter, without needing the physical make to be glitter resin.

As a note: if your B-JU is made of a transparent material, then they can have a topical layer of paint that covers over the transparent sections, while also allowing small transparent windows to appear throughout the design.
Last edited by Error on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
hugs100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me