unofficial kalon development event - PRIZES ROLLED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: unofficial kalon development event - UPDATE on page 30!

Postby zoocyte » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:44 pm

username: saccharin
prompt #12
prompt:

miles:
miles doesn't bother with holidays. keeping up with decorating and all the tedious traditions are a waste of time to him. he does celebrate christmas with family from time to time, but not religiously.
ambience:
ambience adores holidays and will celebrate every single one that she knows of. this includes christmas, hanukkah, easter, halloween and a bunch of other holidays celebrated in various portions of the globe. ambience doesn't have just one religion she adheres to - instead, she enjoys practicing the traditions of all the religions she knows, without really sticking to just one. so she does celebrate christmas religiously, but christianity isn't the only faith she believes in.
loren:
loren doesn't know very much about holidays beyond the death-centric ones. he has no clue what hannukah even is, although he does have some knowledge of how christmas is celebrated (albeit outdated, as the information was attained from long-dead spirits). he doesn't celebrate it religiously, although he is aware that the churches hold night-time masses during the christmas season and are a lot fuller than usual. he also knows that more people tend to come to the marketplace around this time, which means rick pickings for him when it comes to pick-pocketing.
destry:
destry is pretty indifferent to holidays, except for halloween. he stopped celebrating christmas religiously when he grew into his teen years. he does join his mother in celebrating it properly if she insists, as he can't really say no to her.
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 pm

username: KingKaigy
Prompt #12
Prompt:

Dakota
Dakota celebrated both! Their father celebrated Hanukkah while their mother celebrated Christmas so has happy memories with both. They light each candle in the menorah but don't open gifts until Christmas! They love all the decorations the best though!
Nyx
Nyx doesn't celebrate any holiday religiously, but he does celebrate Christmas. Christmas has many fond memories for Nyx as it's the one time a year his mother and father get along and are civil. The atmosphere is light and you can feel the joy and relaxation in it.
Jacomina
Jacomina doesn't celebrate any end of year holiday and doesn't really do Christmas. She will, however, get gifts for her friends who do celebrate either as they often give her gifts and she feels compelled to return the favour.
Skye
Skye celebrates Hanukkah! No matter where he is in the world he will light the candles in the menorah and has gifts for whoever he is staying with at the time. He loves to include everyone in his celebration but never forces it upon them.
khvoxtic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelMellyMel » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:24 pm

username: MelMellyMel
prompt#12
prompt:
Val - He isn't big on Christmas or Hanukkah, truthfully. Val doesn't understand the fuss over the "holiday season" of December. Although he does sound like an ultimate grinch, he does celebrate the holidays with the Kalons he knows that do care about them. He most definitely does not view them religiously, though. Val views them as times that families and friends get together to appreciate each other, and that's what he does every year. And yes, his "resting Grinch face" sweater was gifted to him by his best friend, Ruth, thank you very much. Val's honest when he says that it's his most worn garment in December.

Remus - He grew up in a mildly religious household where it was talked about, but never pushed onto him. Remus can't lie when he says that, even as a little kit growing, he didn't think of Hanakkah as a religious holiday. Even though it has religious meaning to it, he was just never super religious. Even so, he still enjoys lighting the candles on the menorah every year. He finds that it's a wonderful time to be with his family, and a lot of happy memories come from past Hanukkahs. One that always comes to mind is the first year his parents let him help make latkes. Remus burned nearly all the ones he had no help with, but his parents still ate them so that they didn't upset him. To this day, he still apologizes to them for putting them through that, but they just brush it off every time. Thankfully, he's now an expert at making delicious, unburned latkes.

Jax - Jax is definitely very into the holiday spirit, believe it or not. Growing up, Christmas had been a very special time of the year to his family. Every year they'd go all out, decorating, gift buying, and cooking. The whole nine yards. This great emphasis put on Christmas growing up followed him into adulthood, and Jax is just as festive every year. The holiday definitely isn't a religious thing for him though. His entire family wasn't very religious, and viewed the holiday as a day of togetherness and caring. Sadly, he can't always make it back home for Christmas, so, at the very least, he always sends a Christmas card every year. Jax doesn't write just a sentence or two saying he's sorry he couldn't make it, no, he writes paragraphs. He always feels so bad missing out on Christmas with his family since he knows how much it means to them.

Vinny - Vinny has never really celebrated either Hanukkah, nor Christmas. Her family was never really into the whole idea of the holidays. Yes, they still buy gifts for each other and all, but it's less of a holiday celebrations, and more of a traditional family gift exchange. No decorations are put up, or anything. It makes her feel left out seeing all the festive yard decorations around her neighborhood in December. Vinny has decided that when she grows older she's going to throw a proper Christmas party for her family. She'd at least like to have the experience for once in her life.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm

username: ThatPinkThing
prompt 12
prompt:
None of the kals in my crew celebrate hanukkah, but they do have varying beliefs and opinions on Christmas.

For Aiden, Christmas may or may not be religious. He's agnostic but celebrates Christmas as a lot of non-religious folks do, just as a celebration of family and friends.

Astrid is religious and believes in many spiritual things. She does believe the God of Christianity exists, and celebrates Christmas out of respect. (And because she like Christmas music and presents.) She believes in a few other minor religious things, and is discovering where her faith lies. For now, she respects all religions and their vents.

Max Oliver was raised Christian and celebrating Christmas for the Christmas Story, but these days he is on his own path of discovery. Though as a younger adult he was big on his faith, it seems to have fallen to second place now. He does feel that Christmas should remain a religious holiday as opposed to adapting to a social holiday.
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:14 am

all prompts are valid up to this point and will be added to the spreadsheet.
prompts for day 12 are now closed!
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 am

Hot dad / prompt 13 / 13 streak / Social media?

Alejandro uses it, he keeps up an Instagram that has 100k followers, something he's pretty proud of. His posts are a mix of photographic shots and his crazy life. He doesn't bother with twitter, he uses fb to chat and has a few dating apps ; )

Ezequiel is glued to his accounts, he likes to keep up appearances and stay popular. He is a student, so it matters to him now!
(Instagram followers: 47k. Twitter: 21k. Tumblr: 11k)
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Graceymc96 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 am

username: graceymc96
prompt #13
prompt:
Incarse doesn't use social media for anything except gathering information on his targets and anything else like that, but he personally doesn't have any one.
Graceymc96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: unofficial kalon development event - prompts up!

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 am

username: silentmelody || prompt13 || prompt: does your kalon use social media? how much?

noelani: she doesn't really use social media, unless she's looking up places to find her ingredients or to buy them online. noelani thinks that all ingredients should come naturally (if the season is right).

ròuzhì: she doesn't use social media at all. frankly, she turns her nose up at the thought of it and refuses to have any part of it. ròuzhì thinks technology is ruining the newer generations and steers clear of it. the only source of technology in her shop is the cash register.

amoretta: she uses social media all the time!! it helps her keep in contact with her friends and with her mother, the teacher. amoretta is a sweet girl and has a lot of love to spread to everyone.

saffron: he only uses social media to blog about his successes with plants and to photograph his plants as well. so far, saffron and his saffron crocuses have actually gotten really popular.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
discord - silent.melody
deviantart - mutedmelodies

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences
artist, reader/writer, roleplayer

starting on March 27th
active on site until then!

SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: unofficial kalon development event - update on page 10!

Postby Catskitten » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 am

username:Catskitten
prompt 13:does your kalon use social media? how much?
prompt:
Seventy-

Just uses it for business means not for social.
This girl talks to nobody even online.
Scheduling custom weapon orders,tattoos,and repairs to peoples stuff takes all her time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 am

username: BreezeParadox
prompt# 13
prompt: Salem doesn't use any social media since there aren't phones and such in her universe! It's a bit more fantasy centered, so the technology isn't very modern. (Didn't put this one in her perspective since she wouldn't know what it means haha)
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups