Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby Eriecht » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 am

Username: Alaric Glöckner
Your lion: Damsel
Story: Featuring Oriel
When they first met, Damsel was not the most fiery lion. She had fears that held her back, only showing her very best when her life depended on it. However, upon meeting Oriel, Damsel's demeanor began to evolve. She trained hard with her friend even though she was almost always bested. It took more determination than Damsel knew she had in her to keep up with Oriel's rigorous training and fiery spirit.
The Pride has Oriel to thank for training such a skilled Tracker. Outside her love life, Damsel was focused and determined to keep her homeland safe. When many would run in fear, Damsel would think fast and defeat the danger head on! It didn't matter if she needed to use brute force or sheer concentration; with Oriel in her mind, Damsel could do anything even when they were separate. Damsel knows deep down that without her fiery lioness, she would be like the others and run in the face of danger. The pair never cared what others thought of them, because in the end they were perfect together.
As they aged together, being two rather old lionesses, they settled down in the Pride together. Damsel had reached her full potential during her lifetime thanks to her life partner and Oriel had done her duty teaching her. Now, they live comfortably together, but their life is not about to be an easy road from here: They are about to have a new responsibility that will bring them both out of their easygoing habits!

254 words
Ownerprompt
Eriecht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Username: demonthief.
Your lion: Corvus
Story: mentions, Willow's Melrose and Squirrel's Damon

When Corvus was younger, he never thought anything about love or the innate need to find a mate. Emotions were confusing and all together hard to understand, let alone, predict. It was a couple of years after his adult transformation, he was watching the way his brother interacted with lionesses, how they giggled at his words and were at awe with his massive size, and Corvus knew that he would never be like that. It didn't worry him though, he was content.

But then he meet Melrose. The lioness was blunt, straight to the point and very similar to himself. While he couldn't understand emotions but could display them, Melrose had a very observant eye regarding emotions but was incompatible of expressing them most of the time. Others knew what was happening between them before the pair did. Their relationship is, strange, but it works for them. They aren't physically affectionate but treat each other with compliments often but lacking any flowery add-ons. They say it like it is. He adores the curl of her tail, the way she helps him understand other's emotions and the bluntness of her character that is so like him. Melrose is one of the few lions he can tell is upset as she will magically appear by his side or if she feels like it, tell him outright. To distract her, he'll chat about the latest part of LOC history he learnt or comment on latest pair of lions he believes to be 'flirting'. Communication between them is very open, even though their expression may not mirror that. He lives for those rare moments when he is blessed with her small but sweet smile that lights up her features.
285 words 1,607 characters

Ownerprompt
Last edited by demonthief. on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCrow » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:39 pm

It's the season of love! Write about one of your lion's love life. Are they single? If yes, are they interested in having a mate, and what kind of lion would they be interested? If they're not interested, is there a reason why? If they have a mate or are dating, what is their relationship like?

Username: CCrow
Your lion: Aristaeus
Story Featuring:
Story: Aristaeus has had a very rocky love life. Being overlooked by many of the lions and lionesses in the pride, the poor boy always felt disconnected towards others. He was a natural born charmer, but his looks often deterred any potential love interests. Even after Aris was cub napped into the rebellion, he remained undoubtedly lonely. That is until he met a lioness that he fell in love with, and that he believed loved him. Her name was Kalli. Yet, luck never ran in the Nemirone family. Believing that they would become mates, Aris allowed Kalli to become pregnant. However, the lioness he thought he knew was a fraud: she had manipulated him and she murdered his cubs before they could be born. Aris was absolutely

wip <3

Ownerprompt
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanorat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Username: Nanorat
Your lion: Jothra
Story:
Jothra is Single from a big fat “S”. She puts up an image of purpose-driven professional married to her job, but in truth – although she won’t admit it even under torture – she plain just doesn’t know how to react to being courted. She grew up mainly alone, among the harsh environment of the Unknown Lands, where every lion is at each other’s throat and there’s nearly no place for love, and had no examples to look up to in that matter. She has a rough idea from what she observed much later on, when spying on other lions, and can even sass back in a less agressive manner when flirted – egoistic as she is, she’d sure enjoy being complemented. But if someone manages to somehow scratch their way up to her heart, she simply won’t know what to do and how to behave past the first few phrases stage, and will go defensive as she always does when she’s feeling insecure, and chase the possible suitor away with a suddenly snappy and aggressive attitude. It would take someone great devotion and mighty patience to pursue relationship with her even after getting a cold shoulder, and even more of both to teach her about true love. She’s not entirely hopeless – every lonely soul secretly dreams to have someone dear to them, even if they don’t admit it to themselves – but given the extreme difficulty of getting through her hard shell, she’s surely staying Single for at least a very long while – if not forever.

253 words

Ownerprompt
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥
♥ My Adopted Babies (General Topic) ♥
On Lioden Im (#29080) Mad Hyena
Nanorat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Username: Lady Tuesday (It's Tuesday Again.)
Your lion: [url=.]Caligo[/url]
Story:

Ownerprompt

wip

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 am

Username: NARANDA
Your lion: Thando, featuring Diana
Story:
Green eyes look back but fear erased the sparkle that once shone in them. He had hoped they would accept him, give him a chance at least but they sooner chased him away then listened to his story. He had never killed, he never even clawed at someone, he held too much love for everyone he saw to harm them, but that does not mean he didn't try. First his own rebel family chased him away and then he was chased away by the pride. He knew of nothing else but the two. He heard of nomads, that they sometimes formed groups, but he did not know any of their locations or even who he should look for. His paws dragged across the ground as he slowly made his way through the trees. His chest hurt and yet he had hope. Someone had to accept him, yes, there has to be someone out there who will love him. His eyes widened and a grin overtook his face. Green eyes vanished beneath eyelids as he tried to imagine those who might love him or accept him.
Crack! His eyes shot open. His heart raced. He could not see the source of the sound. A burst of light struck the tree next to him. Then a tree a little ways behind him. The ground shook. His ears rung. He could not see nor hear a thing as she started to run. His paws pounded against the ground as he bounded through the trees. The source of the attack was unknown, he was terrified and yet mystified. He had never seen such power before, such light. He ducked under a fallen log and curled into a tight ball. His paws covered his ears and he shut his eyes tightly. He could still hear and see the lightning through it all hitting tree after tree. Then it was still.
He lifted himself and shook off the dust that clung to his pelt and started to turn to mud with the sweat that dripped from his fur. He has spent so much time running, running from the rebels, from the pride, and now from an unknown attacker whose place he could not pinpoint. Such power, such light, he could never defend himself against it but he might have been able to make them no longer desire his death if he could just see the controller of such a strange element. His mane was the only thing not drenched, it stuck up at weird angles in some places where the fur was more dry then the rest. Green eyes scanned the area around and then he could hear it as the ringing finally quieted. The crying.
A golden form with stripes of red-brown and black. Wings sat against her sides, a gradient of gold turning red-brown, and black near the tips. Obviously a lioness as she bore no mane of any kind, or at least he hoped she was a lioness and not a male missing his mane for one reason or another. Maybe that was why they were crying, a male missing his mane entirely would be a sad thing in his opinion. He stepped forward a little, no longer hiding from her view. He wanted to speak but was unsure what to say then he wondered. Was she a nomad? Had he finally found someone?
"Hello?" The figure spun around his her tail flicking towards him, her silver eyes flickered with anger and surprise but shimmered with the tears that lined them. "Woe! Woe!" He curled up into a ball and he felt the energy of his element radiating from him to calm the lioness before him. Her tail lowered and she looked at him with some confusion as he lifted himself from the ground. "May I ask why you are crying?" He was tense, prepared to run, but he was excited to see a new face, someone to love. "I was angry... at myself." Her voice reflected the confusion in her eyes.

WIP

Ownerprompt
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 am

Username: SukarettoYanagi
Your lion: Ehioze
Story:
I would like to think that some day I will find my one-and-only, though for now that thought is the farthest thing from my mind. My borther and I were born to two nomadic parents whos way of life was far different from that most are used to. It was more.. primal. Though we lived close enough to the Pride that we could receive some of the golden dust, we still had to hunt. My father raised us and ruled the territory with a firm paw. My mother, though gentler, still held expectations of us. Of coarse, my brother was a prodigy and declared heir from birth. That was okay, though. I.. Didn't mind. I was happy about that.
When we reached seventy-five years of age, we were sent out to experience the land on our own. Where my brother fawned over the females, I found myself far less interested. Hakon did inquire, but I could not answer him. I didn't know why I was uninterested in females, just that I was. It wasn't until a met this one male I discovered the reason for my disinterest. He arouse me, brought heat to my body and a weakness to my limbs.
Just as my father had raised me, I was bold with my proclamation of feelings toward this male. My feels, however, were not reciprocated. He was kind in his rejection, but still it stung. Returning to my brother that evening tide, I told him of my attractions. He told me not to be ashamed of it, but still I did not wish to tell our father. When time came for us to return to the territory of our birth, Hakon had as he sought, and I had boulders in my stomach.
Isolfr and Dalitso, now heavily pregnant, inquired as to our journey. We told them in grandeur of our tale, then came time our father asked if we had found suitors. Proudly, Hakon announced he had met someone. A proud female, one he collided with- both good and in argument. Attention then turned to me. I received a reassuring nudge from my brother, and swallowing the lump that blocked my voice, quietly I informed my parents both I had been rejected- by a male. I was gay.
Isolfr was furious. With much haste and gusto, he leaped me and tore claws through my flesh. He banished me from the family territory. I was dead to him. To my surprise, Hakon leaped to my defense. He declared to fight Isolfr for control of the land. Without hesitation, the battle began. I wached in horror as my brother and father tore at each other. In the end, however, Hakon was defeated and badly wounded. Quickly, I helped him to his battered paws, and we fled.

For now, I am spending much of my time healing my brother's wounds and hunting for the both of us. We were lucky enough to meet a lioness in the Deadlands who gave us aid. We are much indebted to her. However, the stranger lioness' way of life did inspire us. So long with hunting and healing my brother as best I can, I am also on the search for our new home. Somewhere we can raise our own families. Finding my mate is the least of my concerns. That isn't to say I would not adore him when I find him.
566/150

Ownerprompt

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 am

This months promt is closed!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 pm

~Owner~
Keen - 30
Mechanic Drone - 30
SquirrelSpirit - 30
Oblivion Wing - 30
Pengu - 30
Penultima - 30
Alaric Glöckner - 30
Demontheif - 30
Nanorat - 30
SukarettoYanagi - 30

New prompt up!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Username: Mechanic Drone
Your lion: Nox
Story:
Though Nox considers the Oasis as her home, she considers it rather... Boring. Being an adventurous spirit and wanting to discover what she could of the cosmos Nox finds herself wanting to spend less and less time in the Oasis till she is bound to it. Though she appreciates the beautiful city the Oasis is and all the lions there have done for her she still finds herself wanting more. Yeah sure the mystery and allure surrounding the Oasis was cool but after living there for so long, she itches for a good adventure literally anywhere else than within the Oasis.
Her time spent within the Oasis have been... Strange to say the least. Being as she was not born within the sanctuary when she first arrived the Oasis was a mystical sight to her. She has had all sorts of experiences, both good and bad within the borders of the large city. Good entailing all the relations she has formed and her new found family, each of which with their own unique and special personality. However, she has had many bad experiences with her curiosity getting her into trouble with many different lions within the sanctuary. All in all though Nox considers the Oasis her home and a beacon of hope for those willing to set out and seek it out for themselves.She believes all should be welcome, though her opinion counters many others in the council, though she just hopes the decisions the Oasis makes soon help to shape all of Lochren into a more peaceful planet.
((259 words))

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me