Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby Red weasel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 am

CLOSED - results later tonight !

~Owner~
Mechanic Drone - 30
Starry--Knight - 30
Pengu - 30
broken* - 30
NARANDA - 30
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:47 pm

posting open!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Username: Keen Forgot My Name...
Your lion: Kaona
Story:

Kaona currently has zero interest in a mate... Unless of course it proves to be beneficial to her. She is always looking out for herself and only herself. She has no time to spend wooing some lion. She has a natural charisma that she uses for her own gain rather than using it to attract a mate. In Kaona's mind, Kaona comes first. Always. "Others come second. Or third." Or even not at all.

Even if she ever had the opportunity to take a mate, she would be constantly using him to gather information for her, or using him in some other way. He would have to be a rather gullible guy who does not mind being pushed around all the time, or perhaps a very strong male who can handle someone like her. No secret is safe with her, unless it is beneficial to her to keep it so.

Kaona lives as a nomad in any case, with no real place to call her home. She sometimes visits the Pride or friends in the Rebellion, but there is no permanent place where she belongs. But do not be tempted to feel sorry for her though. She prefers it that way, as it makes it harder for anyone to find her if she does not want them to. She is very good at getting lost in the wilds of Lochren, and a mate would likely be perplexed if his lioness continually went missing without a trace, no matter how gullible he may be.

Ownerprompt
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mechanic Drone » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Username: Mechanic Drone
Your lion: Nirav
Story:
Nirav is an interesting character due to the fact that he doesn't tend to have normal relations with other lions. After choosing to become a mute and loosing sight of who he was he struggles greatly to form strong relations with others because of his lack of communication. Though that doesn't mean the idea of having a mate hasn't popped into his head before. Only reason he hasn't sought out one is due to the fact that Nirav doesn't think he would be able to make it work unless he chose to break his vow of silence. Nirav needs someone he can open up to and someone who can help him discover who he was and who he has become. Only problem is Nirav is afraid to open up to anyone. He has been a mute for over 100 years and being so emotionally numb he isn't quite sure what would happen if he broke down the dam holding everything back. Though cautious, Nirav wouldn't be apposed to finding someone with enough patience and love to deal with the mental train wreck he has become. The war may also hinder his search for love do to his fear of becoming close to anyone just to have them ripped away. Emotionally that would completely shatter Nirav to his core and he doesn't think he would ever be able to recover from such a loss. Though with no end in sight to the long bloody civil war Nirav isn't sure if he would be able to wait for peace within his life time.
((261 words))
Last edited by Mechanic Drone on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mechanic Drone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squirrelspirit » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Username: Squirrelspirit
Your lion: Ruvik

Story: While he may be grateful for his own birth and his parents, Ruvik sees romance as a pointless endeavor at this time. There is currently a war going on. Having a mate, whether they are a warrior or not is a liability. Should anything happen to them a warrior is immediately emotionally compromised. Ruvik does not want this to happen to him, as he feels the pride needs every able bodied warrior to help them win this war. And grieving mates would only hold them back. Would hold him back. Ruvik doesn't want any distractions when it comes to fighting, and frankly he doesn't have the time to spare for searching, wooing a mate and then devoting time to them. He fails to see what benefit having a mate would bring. And should there be anyone who'd take interest in him, Ruvik will make it very clear that he is not interested. Better to be upfront and honest rather than lead them along.

During the rare moments when his mind isn’t focused on his warrior duties, Ruvik does entertain the idea of settling down. This never lasts for long as he could only imagine himself bored. Sure having a mate that loves you sounds nice, but that’s it. There is nothing new. Just the same old thing everyday. Perhaps it is because he has very few friends, and so knowing what it is like to be loved by someone not family is a foreign concept to him. It seems strange, almost pointless. Does anyone really need a mate when you have family and those you consider friends to love you? To Ruvik, the love from his family is all that needs. For how can he crave something he never had? It is illogical.

(293 words)

Ownerprompt
ImageImage Image Image Image

Squirrelspirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dead account 01 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:21 am

It's the season of love! Write about one of your lion's love life. Are they single? If yes, are they interested in having a mate, and what kind of lion would they be interested? If they're not interested, is there a reason why? If they have a mate or are dating, what is their relationship like?

[ Username ]
Oblivion-Wing01

[ Your lion ]
Soraya

[ Story ]
"Love is dangerous - a death sentence. Everyone I have ever loved dies or betrays me. I don't think I shall ever love again."

Soraya's first experience with love was that of a child for their parents - familial love. Basil taught his daughter to protect those she loved; while reassuring her that he would do anything to see that no harm comes to her - as any good father would. Khari taught her daughter that there is more to love than just catering to a lover's physical needs. One needs to be emotionally available; Khari was always there for Soraya - always offering encouragement and reassurance.
Soraya's lessons on love came to a gruesome end as Ezra crushed the life from Khari's throat and Soraya's world was turned asunder. Basil's last act of love was to send his daughter away so that she might live.
Soraya never again connected to anyone in that way. Despite still being a cub, Soraya offered no one the opportunity to love her like a daughter.

Soraya's next and so far final experience with love was that of young love - playful love. Soraya, not long after reaching adulthood, met a young male by the name of Atreyu. Much like herself, Atreyu was a troubled young lad. He was young to be a nomad - just barely an adult living on his own.
Soraya was fascinated; Atreyu he held a lot of the same views as her and they seemed to get along great. The only problem is that his lion did not have control of his element. He was a hate elemental, and his own element was poisoning him.
As the pair drew closer, things began to change. Atreyu became more aggressive; he started to pressure Soraya to run away with him. Soraya was reluctant; while she believed she loved Atreyu - something didn't feel right.
The truth all came crashing down on Soraya one day. Atreyu grew tired of arguing; he grew tired of his rues. Atreyu had lied to Soraya about who he was. Atreyu was not a nomad. Atreyu was a Rebel. Atreyu wanted Soraya to join him in the Rebellion - to be his "Queen."
Soraya refused; ever sense the murder of her parents she held only hate for the Rebels. Atreyu, so poisoned by his element and rage at being rejected, lashed out. Soraya now forever sports deep scars across her face.

Soraya now lives believing that she is not meant to love or be loved. Anger and hate fills her heart. So desperate to run and hide, she has elected to go to the Oasis to meet with myths. She seeks aid in avenging her parents and herself; maybe she shall find something more?

449 words 2,470 characters

Ownerprompt
"I care about your life, so much so that I wait here for you to tell me all about your day. I'm sorry that I was just to much for you to care about mine."
Dead account 01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Username: Triggered Canadian
Your lion: Damara
Story:

Ownerprompt
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Username: Armoury.
Your lion: Aithea
Story:

Ownerprompt
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 am

Username:
Pengu.
Your lion:
Malakye
Story:
If someone would have told his fiery lion four hundred years ago that he would have found the love of his life, Malakye wouldn't have believed them. And yet, here he is, with a mate and soon to be a father. Malakye has been with Despoina, an lioness from the Angelic event, for nearly 300 years now and it would be a lie to say it's been easy. Back then in his early years, all Malakye had dedication to was his job as a tracker. Nothing else seemed to matter - until Despoina wiggled he way into his life. At first, it simply began as casual talks after he arrived back from a mission outside the Pride but conversations were few and far between, with Malakye not being particularly talkative and Despoina a mute at that. The embers of love didn't start to flicker until he had to start bringing Des back to safety as she wandered outside of the safety of the Pride after he told her stories of his adventures. Feeling responsible for putting her in danger, and she unable to protect herself with her element of Color, Malakye took it upon himself to keep an eye out for her. It became a game of sorts - Des would sneak out to find him on his travels and he would have to drag her back - though to his surprise, Malakye didn't mind and actually began to look forward to each time she would run off in search of him. Throughout the years, it has been a slow going relationship but it blossomed into something Malakye could have never predicted. Each new milestone the LOC reached - Blood Moon, Lake, Dreams, Time, and more - were all personal milestones that have allowed the couple to grow together and Malakye wouldn't give it up for the entire world. After the TIme event, the two have actually learned to communicate through hieroglyphs and runes in their own personal language with the help of Nehemiah, a lion who had learned them on Earth. The doors seem to be opening wider now and Malakye doesn't want to step back to what it was like before he met her - so it was a good thing his best friend Nunebis introduced the two of them. He isn't much of a sappy, lovey guy, but Malakye has become overly protective of his mate and even more so since she has began carrying his children. He still doesn't know what the future holds, or if he is able to love his future children with the same strength he can Despoina, but be damned if he won't try. Before her, romance seemed pointless and not meant for him - now, he couldn't imagine living without her.

453 Words

Ownerprompt

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Username: Penultima
Your lion: Acacius, featuring broken*'s Akira
Story:
Though he's had several flings throughout his young adult life, Acacius has never met anyone he's been fully comfortable with, or anyone who can handle his passive patience. That is, until this winter season. A young grey lioness, although not who he normally would consider immediately as a potential partner, walked into his life and left a deep and strong impression. Although he's a Pride lion and she's a wandering, war-hating nomad, he feels like they had an almost instant connection. He loves to care for others, and as soon as he saw a visiting nomad who was blind, he leaped into action to help her around. Of course, she was more than perfectly capable of handling herself just fine, and she let him know that immediately, but her air of elegance, yet with definite strength and confidence made his heart leap into his throat out of admiration. He joined her around on her visit nonetheless, and we can just say he was definitely prey to her enticing, flirtatious personality. She seemed fairly unbothered by this, and perhaps even open to learning more about this curious pride male. Acacius happily complied, telling her about his life and daily routine. She seemed especially interested in his patrolling job, particularly because of the fact it was a task carried out in nearly total darkness. Perhaps she resonated with this job because of her blindness? Either way, Acacius was excited in a way he hadn't felt before, and as he sadly watched her leave for the meantime, he felt a part of himself leave too, and hoped she would return very soon. Maybe this was the beginning of something special and new?

(279 words)

Ownerprompt

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me