Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread--CLOSED

Postby Red weasel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:32 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

|| Main Adopts || Species Info|| Archives|| Archive Update Forms || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || ReVamps||

|| DA Group || Re-Colors || Website || Gift Lines || LoC Item Redemption Thread || Bank || Contest Thread ||

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome
Hello there and Welcome to the Official Contest of the Month for L.O.C.! I am very excited to see your interest in participating in our contest of the month and joining the community in this fun activity! This contest is open to both owners and non-owners alike, as we hope for all to feel welcome.

Rules;;
      -When Participating in the contest of the month, please read all guidelines,
      as they will change from month to month!
      -No posting irrelevant posts or commentary. All "Marks" or "comments" Must be put on the fanclub.
      -Only post your forms for the contest or other prompt info when you have successfully completed the task!
      -Please do not edit any part of the task form.
      -If you are uncomfortable posting your writing publicly, you may send it to me privately.
Last edited by Red weasel on Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompts

Postby Red weasel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm

~Prompt for Owners~
All work and no play makes a lion...well..bored! What does your lion do for fun? Tell us about this in 200 words or more!

~Rules~
~Please post a link to your lion (This won't be held against you, I just like seeing the lion I'm reading about)
~You may post a form before you finish with the lion you are using, but once you post you may not change lions
~You must write a minimum of 200 words, though more is encouraged!
~No prompt will be accepted after the end date.

~Prizes~
1. 30 Credits

Code: Select all
Username:
Your lion:
Story:

[size=50]Ownerprompt[/size]

~Prompt for Non-Owners~
Lion of the Cosmos have a lot of traditions, pick one form Here or Here and write about it in 150 words!

~Rules~
~ Only post to this thread when you have a completed form
~You must write 150 words minimum
~No prompt will be accepted after the due date.

~Prizes~
1. 30 Credits

Code: Select all
Username:
Entry:

[size=50]Nonownerprompt[/size]

~End Date~Mat 30th
Last edited by Red weasel on Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Past Prompts

Postby Red weasel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:35 pm

~Past prompts~

~Owner Prompts~

-2017-

~September~
With the Oasis lions staying in the pride, there's been quite a lot a buzz. Pick one of your lions, and write about how they feel about these new comers staying in the pride. Do they welcome this or discourage this? If your lion is in the rebellion or a nomad, have they heard about these new lions? If yes, how do they feel about the stranger visitors? If no why not, and what have they been up to?

~October~
It's Spooktober! To kick off the spooky fun write about one of your lion's experiences with some of the spooky aspects of the LOC world. This can include things like the lake, Arknon's dark lions, or spirits. Writing should fit into the spooky Halloween/October vibe! You can use any lion and can write more as a story or as a history, as long it contains a spooky theme.

~November~
Write a story showing off a relationship between your lion and another lion. This can be another lion you own, or someone else's lions, and can be any kind of relationship. Also long as it's a story that involves two lions and follows all instructions.In need of a lion? Feel free to message me and I'll let you use one of mine!

~Decemeber~
Looks like some Ice or Cold element has caused a little snowstorm, how does your lion react? Write a story about your lions time in the snow in 250 words. You don't have to identify the lion who created the snowstorm, though you're open to including them if you'd like!

-2018-

~January~
It's a new year! Write about one of your lion's life goal in 250 words!

~Februray~
It's the season of love! Write about one of your lion's love life. Are they single? If yes, are they interested in having a mate, and what kind of lion would they be interested? If they're not interested, is there a reason why? If they have a mate or are dating, what is their relationship like?

~March~
Wow! Can you believe the Oasis is real!? Do you have a lion who's from or is visiting the Oasis during the pride trip? Tell me about their time there! Got a rebel/nomad/pride lion that did go to the Oasis? How are they holding up with the mysterious disappearance of the alpha and some of his pride? Don't forget to refer to info here!

~April~
What is your lions typical day like? Write about it in 200 words! Simple right? But wait, there's a catch. Your entry must be written as if your lion was answering the question. You may write is as a story of your lion telling another, or you may make it one quote.

~May~
All work and no play makes a lion...well..bored! What does your lion do for fun? Tell us about this in 200 words or more!

~Non-Owner prompts~

-2017-

~September~
The pride performers are looking for stories and nursery rhymes to tell the cubs! Using the species lore here, write a story or nursery rhyme that could be used to entertain cubs.

~October~
Let's get spooky! Using the LOC lore write about either The lake of Eternity, Arknon and his dark lions, spirits, or the death element. You must write about them in your own words, and you may pick up to two topics to write about

~Novemeber~
Using your own words, chose a rank from here and write about it, including what element and kind of lion can be part of that rank. Make sure to keep your information as accurate as possible.

~Decemeber~
Using your own words, write about the elements Ice and/or cold in 200 words. Talk about the uses they have for different ranks, and then what can be done with the element in general. You may compare and contrast the two if you'd like!

-2018-

~January~
Pick your favorite element and write about the uses the element has on Lochren in 200 words.

~February~
Its the season of love! write about the love element. What does the love element do, and what roles can a lion serve on Lochren with it?

~March~
Wow the Oasis is real, and there's a lot of new ranks and customs! Tell me about one of your favorite new additions to the lore! Don't forget to refer to info here!

~April~
Lion comes in many different forms, and serve in ranks based on these traits. Pick at least one trait from hereHere and write about it in 150 words!

~May~
Lion of the Cosmos have a lot of traditions, pick one form Here or Here and write about it in 150 words!
Last edited by Red weasel on Thu May 31, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Past prizes

Postby Red weasel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 pm

~Owner ~

-2017-

~September~
Pengu. - 30
broken* - 30
Fire at Heart - 30
Rohan. - 30
squirrelspirit - 30
Mechanic Drone - 30
NARANDA - 30
Queen Chrysalis - 30

~October~
Mechanic Drone -30
Fire At Heart - 30
NARANDA - 30

~Novemeber~
Mechanic Drone - 30
Pengu - 30
broken* - 30
Rohan - 30
NARANDA - 30

~December~
Mechanic Drone - 30
Penultima - 30
Pengu - 30

-2018-

~January~
Mechanic Drone - 30
Starry--Knight - 30
Pengu - 30
broken* - 30
NARANDA - 30

Februrary
Keen - 30
Mechanic Drone - 30
SquirrelSpirit - 30
Oblivion Wing - 30
Pengu - 30
Penultima - 30
Alaric Glöckner - 30
Demontheif - 30
Nanorat - 30
SukarettoYanagi - 30

March
Mechanic Drone - 30
Keen - 30
Nanorat - 30
Red weasel - 30
Starry Knight -30
Pengu - 30

April
Keen - 30
Stone - 30
Starry - 30
Mechanic Drone - 30
Red Weasel - 30
Demontheif - 30
Alairc - 30
Rohan - 30
Squirrel - 30
CCrow - 30
Nanorat - 30
Naranda - 30

~May~
Keen - 30
Mecchanic Drone - 30
Nanorat - 30
CCrow - 30

~Non-Owner~

-2017-

~September~
Nanorat - 30

~November~
Cutieduckpie - 30

-2018-

~March~
Cutieduckpie- 30

~April~
Cutieduckpie - 30
Last edited by Red weasel on Thu May 31, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos: Contest of the Month Thread

Postby Red weasel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:30 am

Posting open!
ImageImageImage
Avatar of Kiani by Dragoncool97, Art By Sixbane
Red weasel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 am

Username:
Your lion: Esh-Ban
How your lion feels: We're allowed to write in story form, correct?
Esh-Ban stood on the edge of the precipice looking down on the battle, eagerly awaiting the command for his regiment to attack. Beside him stood Beauregard, his best friend. Beau looked distracted today, and an image of Esh-Ban's father flashes through his mind. He softly pushes Beau's shoulder and asks, "What's wrong?" Beau shakes his head and smiles. "Nothing, just going through the designs to go over Nemilios' and Corone's den. I was asked to help later. I'm hoping our shift ends soon so I can get to work." Esh chuckles and tilts his head towards his friend. After a moment of silence, Beau asked, "So what about those new lions?"
Esh-Ban rolled his head and stretched out his legs, thinking about the questions.
wip

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pengu. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:33 am

Username:
Pengu.
Your lion:
Bertok
How your lion feels:
Words: 236

Considering the fact that these lions appeared in the pride at a very influential time in Bertok's life, they left a long lasting impression on the soon to be aging cub. Naturally judging as a result of his mother's job in the Pride, Bertok was and still is very wary of these newcomers. While the young lion is wise enough to see the good they can potentially bring to the Pride, he is not so blind as to think what danger they pose to himself and his family. Having no idea of their origins, their mannerisms, their personalties, and their homeland, Bertok will continue to keep an eye on them and watch them closely for any wrongdoing. While he is a patient and accepting lion, Bertok is waiting for them to slip up and give him a reason to dislike the foreigners. Does he accept their presence - yes, at his parent's express permission. Does he trust them - not a chance, until they prove otherwise. Bertok listens deeply to his psychic abilities, and he has a feeling there are more to these lions than meets the eye. When he has had the chance, Bertok tries to listen to their thoughts, but has not gained any useful information from invading their personal space. It will take quite the effort on their part to earn the favor of this skeptical lion - though they are more than willing to try.

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Pengu. on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Limited activity due to working full-time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact me on dA, TH, or discord if need be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am

Username: Stonefly
Your lion: Damara
How your lion feels: Because of her origins and how she came into the pride, she is more than willing to accept these lions. Since she knows how it feels to be a foreigner to the pride and does not wish to see someone struggle like she did at the beginning. Even though she still struggles with pride life she will try to do anything to make them feel welcome. She has also enjoyed having the new cubs running around and enjoys little Othin company and like to tell him stories.

Ownerprompt
Last edited by Stonefly on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:06 am

Username: Keen
Your lion: Kaona
How your lion feels:
Kaona has a deep-seated prejudice against the Pride, so she spends much of her time gathering information from and about them that she feels would be useful for the Rebellion. The day the group of stranger-lions entered the Pride's lands, Ona was already waiting with a group of her Rebel companions. They watched the group pass by, wondering about the large number of cubs with them. A few of her own group slipped away to bring the news to the Rebellion. Thinking quickly, Ona also turned and raced away, but leaving in a different direction than the other lions had gone.

"Ona!" A cry came from the mouth of the cave as she limped up the path. "Ona what happened to you?"
She stopped and looked up. She let a variety of emotions play across her face as she looked at her mother. "I decided to come home, but..." She took another unsteady step and collapsed to the ground in front of the other lioness. "I was almost here when I was attacked by a nomad."
"Come inside and we will call the healer," her mother helped her up and ushered her into the cave. As Ona passed the entrance and her face was covered in shadow, she smirked to herself. How gullible and foolish...

Kaona spent the next several weeks watching the group of lions and noting their behavior. The cubs she mostly ignored, except perhaps for the female with shining striped on her hide. She was definitely interesting with her dual, opposing elements. The rest were quite boring though, so she only kept a sub-conscience eye on them. The ones that she was most interested in were the two eldest, a male and a female who were apparently mated. In fact, the whole group seemed to be one big family. So strange that they would travel to the Pride and then just sit here. She listened and watched them as much as she could, but one day, she decided that she had had enough of her parents suffocating attention.

She told them that she was going to enjoy some time alone and walked down the path, away from the Pride. She thought about everything she had seen and heard since she had come back. Ethereal and those strange lions were definitely up to something, but she was not able to find out what. Once she had gotten one of the cubs to mention something about an oasis -- or maybe THE Oasis -- but right afterwards a winged lioness glared at Ona, picked up the cub, and turned away. She thought that would not be enough news for the Rebellion to be able to use, so she stayed longer. She picked up tidbits here and there and was able to piece together a few guesses, but she learned nothing concrete. The only way she could describe her feeling toward the strange family is to say she is suspicious. She knows they are here to help the Pride somehow, and that they come from a place called The Oasis. The cubs mostly just make her wrinkle her nose. She is not fond of cubs and dislikes having to be near them at all. She is wary of the two Elders and feels threatened by the two younger lionesses. Perhaps they really took offence to Ona's questioning of the cubs. The two younger males were a bit easier to get close to, but she got little useful information from either of them.

This information will have to be enough, she thought to herself. It's time to go back.

The end of her walk brought her not to the Pride's cave, but back to her real family and friends, out in the Unknown Lands.
Ownerprompt
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 am

Username:
    broken*
    Your lion:
    Aiyanna
    How your lion feels:
    aiyanna has heard about these strange newcomers, although she has not tried to get close to them or learn about them, as many other pride lions seem to be doing during their stay. from what she had seen of them, and from what she has heard, they appear to be very wise and very strong, capable of anything. aiyanna does not know much about the oasis, since before these strangers showed up it was just a myth in her eyes, a reason why she is a bit off-put by their appearance. for all the alpha knows, they could be working with the rebellion, or they could be the only lions that live in the oasis and the promise of more warriors is nothing but a trap. aiyanna cannot help but feel worried by their arrival, however, for as much as she doesn't want to admit it, it means that the small border scuffles and such that have been going on between the rebellion and the pride for many years will soon turn into an all out war. this scares aiyanna, for there are few lions that she truly cares for left in this world, and the thought of losing anyone else that she holds dear is almost too hard to bear.
    ((211 words))
Ownerprompt
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me