hadain's quests

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: hadain's quests

Postby kamelgirl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:50 am

username :: kamelgirl
    kalons featured :: aisake
    prompt :: gremlin extermination
    words :: 1113/500

story :: Grinning, Aisake swept the fake gems into his satchel. "Alright, I'll see what I can do!" he chirped. Hadain's eyebrows rose- in disbelief of Aisake's chipper behavior at this hour, most likely- but the armor dealer turned away without a word. Aisake trotted out the door at the clear dismissal, counting up the gems and running through various ideas for gremlin extermination. Finally, he settled on the most deranged and suicidal (but also likely to be the most fun!): elimination at the source.

An hour later, it was dark. Actually, it was dark all the time on Kalokairi- and Aisake was beginning to grasp just how dismal that was- but it was nighttime, which made it even darker than usual.

Aisake sat crouched on an abandoned balcony, flanked by twin canisters of Greek fire. He'd already searched the house (and how depressing that had been- an entire once-happy family just gone) and deemed it gremlin-free. Now, he checked his watch and rose from his hunched position.

Taking careful aim, Aisake pitched a gem into the street. The dim creatures scuttling about in the shadows froze as the sparkling trinket bounced across the cobblestones. Praying there were no demons about yet, Aisake chucked the largest fake ruby he had. One of the creatures detached itself from the shadows and crawled hesitantly into the street. As it passed beneath a dim street lamp, Aisake caught his breath.

It was, quite possibly, the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. Wrinkled and bald, with a sickly tinge of green to its skin, the gremlin's long, pointed ears twitched at every sound. As it approached the gem, it raised its face as it surveyed the source of the noise. Aisake took in its wide, pupil-less pearly eyes with a clinical detachment. He flipped open the traveller's notebook and began a new page. 'Gremlins,' he wrote. 'Ugly little devils. Seem to be mostly blind. Definitely depend on hearing over sight.'

On the street below him, the gremlin lunged suddenly at the false ruby, clasping in its long, skinny arms. Another gremlin, seeing one of its fellows with its prize, charged out of the shadows, squeaking with rage. The pair erupted into high-pitched squeals and howls as they fought over the jewel, only for it to be snatched up by a third long-fingered gremlin. The street exploded into a full-on gremlin brawl as more and more were drawn into the battle for the gem.

Across the street, a door suddenly slammed open, casting the entire frozen group in stark light. "Get out!" an irate kalon snarled, throwing a chunk of metal into the street. As one, all the gremlins scattered, trailing green blood behind them. The door slammed shut.

Aisake stood up, shoving the Greek fire into his satchel and dropping from the balcony. According to the notes the traveller had left, gremlins, despite their frequent squabbling, tended to nest together under one leader. If he could destroy that nest and kill the leader, the survivors would scatter into the woods rather than hold together or rebuild.

And now that they'd been so considerate in leaving a trail, Aisake could follow them right to their den. He looked at the drops of blood and grinned savagely.

Aisake tried not to notice the smell (with limited success) as he slogged his way through the sewers, ten minutes later. "Of course it would have to be in a sewer," he grumbled. Something made a noise behind him. Aisake whipped around, blade drawn, and realized it was a mouse. Just to be safe, he didn't bother sheathing his sword.

"This sucks," he whispered, voice shaking slightly. He swallowed and repeated, louder, "This sucks!"

His voice echoed down the abandoned tunnels. "You suck!" he shouted, mustering every ounce of bravado. "A hideout in the sewers? How cliche is that?" He laughed, though it rang hollow even to his ears.

Aisake fell silent once more, rubbing his shoulders. "It'll get better once we're at the den," he muttered to himself.

It wasn't actually that much better.

The gremlin nest was in the middle of an enormous chamber that Aisake couldn't even begin to guess the use of (so he'd been more interested in swordplay as a child than in sewer engineering, sue him). The nest itself consisted mostly of a giant stack of cardboard boxes and the like, decorated with jewelry and ornaments that seemed comically out of place in this dump. And, of course, the whole thing was positively swarming with gremlins. The sole reason they hadn't discovered him yet was that he was currently crouching in a stream of sewer water, which covered up his breathing and scent (perhaps a bit too well).

Ah, the sacrifices I make for money... this Haidan dude better appreciate my suffering, Aisake groused.

So, the major question: how to get close enough (without getting caught) to chuck the Greek fire, and then get the heck out of there (again, without getting caught) fast enough that he wouldn't be fried? Maybe a kamikaze rush, Aisake thought. His elaborate visions of a violent and fiery death were ruined, however, by a sharp object prodding his back. Aisake turned around and came face to face with a muscular looking gremlin wearing a bucket and waving a very pointy spear.

Well, shoot. Aisake set his finger delicately on the point of the spear and slowly turned it away, wearing his most disarming smile the entire time. "Please, let's not be hasty," he said. The gremlin raised and eyebrow, evidently not taken in by his charm. Aisake sighed and lunged for its throat with his sword. Taken off guard, the gremlin was only able to squeal before his throat was cut- but even that was enough, as every head in the nest turned to Aisake. "Oh, come on!"

Aisake hacked and slashed his way to the center of the execrable mound, where he met with the leader of the gremlins- if an embarrassingly undignified wrestling match (which was really more of an impromptu slap fight, complete with biting and fur pulling) for Aisake's sword could be called a meeting. It ended with Aisake setting off a can of Greek fire and throwing the leader into the midst of it, before hightailing it out of there while everyone else was distracted with the concept of a fire that couldn't be put out with water.

Before he left, he chucked the other can at them, just to be petty.

Six hours after he'd accepted the job, Aisake stumbled into Haidan's store, stinking to high heaven and covered in soot, dirt, blood, and bite marks, with several patches of missing fur. In any case, when he dredged up a desperately unconvincing smile and asked for his pay, the dealer gave it to him without a word.

i like cats
rimeclan

avatar by jishokoi, siggie art by me
kamelgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jianwai » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 am

username;
kalons featured; Araxie && Yunzhongzi && Hyacinthus

( 1,134 words )

Something ... odd, something unique. There's debate among the three of them, hushed whispers and flicking tongues, they look with vacant eyes at a city deserted from thieving beats; they gnaw the woods of houses and scratch away the rocks, in search of glistening 'treasure': less than rusted spoons, if a mirror dares to glisten they snatch with greedy, sticky claws and scatter. They leave behind ruin, like parasites-- locust that prey on man in spite of the poor, with their minds wrapped delicate in gargantuan greed.

Blue meets yellow meets blue again, three sets of eyes that gaze, three sets of opinions spat back at each other-- the first rift for strangers to cross over, building bridges with words and actions in attempts to bring themselves closer to one another. If they dare adventure together, they must come to a peace on something: the rogue, the paladin, and the wizard. Too many different opinions; too little time to settle their disputes.

Araxie stands taller, puffs his chest out, with sharp teeth and a sharper tongue he clutches to miscellaneous glittery items and demands they catch and study these creatures. To know their composition, how they work. By the Gods study every aspect of these creatures and find better ways to slaughter them than this! He refuses to release the items, refuses to place them down, keeps them hidden in the dark so green eyes of dirty, slimy monsters can not see and approach them. Not until this debate is settled. Pale blue eyes like the sky narrow, challenging the two he knows as unfortunate travelers than as friends. Swift as the river, his minds travels onward, never stops the consider the damages these creatures have done and the relief of the city upon their destruction.

Yunzhongzi is the youngest, not the wist one, and his words are dismissed easily by Araxie. Araxie tells him to silence-- to hold his tongue and let the adults speak; if they needed to slice throats or fall off trees then Yunzhongzi could speak his mind about that subject. It angers Yunzhongzi, raises the fur on his hackles, makes him snap his teeth in annoyance and huff deeply. He makes desperate attempts to snatch away the items, tail whipping, he may be young but his words are wise! He thinks of his brother, of his father, and knows the best decision is to squash these goopey monsters before they can dissolve all the 'treasures' in the town. He doubts Araxie has yet to deal without spoons, without bowls, without a mirror to check ones hair; Yunzhongzi doubts he's never had to suffer the way he himself has. Just kill them! It's all he demands as he tries to snatch, to rip free the items they need, pale yellow eyes glance wildly about in fear of being flanked-- surrounded. He's a child to them, but he's equipped with the mind of an assassin. The shadows of the alley are their friend, but also an enemy.

Hyacinthus is the silent one. His words are not spoken but kept in the mind, locked away by shrugging shoulders and the silent desperation for the return to the water. He wants nothing more than to finish this quest with strangers and return to the things he loves. He wants this moment to end, for these creatures to be gone, and he cares not the method of which they use to rid them. If he spoke up, it would be easy to tell he agrees with Yunzhongzi, but he stays silent as the two bicker and argue. Words are wise, but actions are the truth of an individual. With nimble hands and an idle mind he removes a shiny piece from his own self, skitters out of the alley with quick steps, setting the glittering piece besides a budding crack in a wall. Green eyes stare-- watch him from all angles, he hears their chittering and makes to mind of it; their sounds are easier to listen to than the arguing of companions.

Hyacinthus steps back, closes his eyes for a moment and breathes, removes the hammer from his back and leans on it as he waits. There is a sloshing sound, something akin to the sound of sludge being dragged across cobblestones, blue eyes open and watch these creatures in mild amazement. He is not a man of study like Araxie, but even a fool can tell these beasts composition is water based. Green eyes with a green, blackened sludge-- it reminds Hyacinthus of living algae. Pulsating with each sludge forward, he finds their chittering sounds come from the grinding of 'treasure' inside of their small, rounded bodies. It's comical, funny even, but he images their body to dissolve even the strongest of metals.

It occurs to him that the argument has ended behind him, he can no longer hear Araxie or Yunzhongzi fight over glittering pieces of lure and trapping. Instead he hears the freedom of a blade from the sheath, and of an umbrella being readied.

He almost laughs. Almost throws his gaze back to give a smile at his companions, finally drawn to the attention of nearing twenty little goo monsters surrounding Hyacinthus' own 'treasure'.

For once, they are together. There is a readiness, all bickering lost as Hyacinthus raises the hammer, bringing down on the collecting slime. They scatter, smashed against the cobblestone, embedded in the cracks of the stone like mold. It was then that the young Yunzhongzi stuck forward, blade at the ready, he slices and dices the slime's that escaped the initial blow of the hammer, reducing them to fine cubes-- much like jello, but Yunzhongzi wouldn't dare happily pop a slice of goo gremlin in his maw. The slime is living, despite being crushed and sliced it seemed to pull itself back together, pulsating and glowing-- defeat of the party seemed ...imminent. At least until Araxie makes his move. Fire sputters from the umbrella, roasting the slime against the stone, the beasts becoming nothing more than a crust.

It is moments like these, in the aftermath of a battle-- in the aftermath of a successful job where they know that they helped; the things, the actions they did will not be in vain. Everything is a bliss. Every step forwards, every slap on the back that disguises the wiping of goo from a paw to Araxie's clothes; everything is coated in a hazy bliss, the blood of battle leaves their veins and they will be ready for the next. Even if they must piece themselves together, but that is a thought for a future, tougher adventure, when they are begging on the legs they stand on and crying for their beds.

For now they return, weapons covered in slime, dirty and tired, but alive and thankful.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

We just straight chillin
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉
jianwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:39 am

username;
Midnightkitkat
kalons featured;
Erebus, Janus
image/story;
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
carbon in our souls,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆
☆ ☆ ☆
◇◇◇
My SZ Herd
◇◇◇
☆ ☆ ☆
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
93 percent stardust,
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
we are all just stars that have
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
|█
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Noah and the Great Grimlin Chase

Postby ~Soul~ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 am

Prince Noah could not sleep, It was his first time away from this home and he was a little on edge but excited for the great adventures that would lay before him along with her Brother Edmund and Aunt Celestia the Duchess. With the Lilac cloak draped around his shoulders and the ends, with glimmering gold designs dusting the ground. He walked down the street looking at all the buildings and shops. He was fascinated by the little trinkets and goods that where being sold and couldn't help but think of his mother and the sibling that had yet to see the world. He knew his sibling would be born while he was away and wanted to pick up little gifts for them while he was away.

While lost in though glowing white eyes peered from under on of the buildings, locked on the gold design of the cloak and let out a clicking growling sound, as if to charm the gold and get it to stop so the creature under the building could pounce and make it his. The noise had brought Noah back to reality and with perked ears turned his head and was faced with the white eyes that seem to pear into his soul. Noah jumped and slowly started to step back, one foot behind the other as he put out a hand, as if it may obey and stay where it was. With another loud Growl, Noah turned and ran into the nearest building.

This building was warm, and there was a large fire place and equipment all around him. Find swords, beautiful armor and other things lined the walls and a burly Blacksmith with a missing arm was behind the counter. "Grimlins" The black smith said with a deep voice, it has thrown Noah off and he looked oddly at the Blacksmith and replied with a "Huh?"
'Grimlins, they are nasty boogers and the need to leave. They keep threatening my shop and chasing off my customers." The Black Smith eyes Noah and his eyes landed on his finely crafted long blade and smiled "You want to help? I could really use a hand here" He said with a laughter in his voice and looked at his arm "I can really use it and if you can convince the little grimilins to leave i can make it work your wild." The black smith leaned down and garbed something from behind the counter and threw it at Noah. With a one handed back Noah looked over the leather pouch before opening it and letting its contexts spill into the palm of his hand. Noah rose a brow and looked at the black smith "For me?" The black smith sighed "NO boy those are fake. Grimlins love shiny things and those Fake gems and silks will lure them out enough for you to...to take care for them" The black smith then gestured to Noah's long sword. Noah's eye light up "Oh right, right!" He then put the fake gems and silk back into the pouch and tied it to his belt. "But do I really have to kill them?" Noah asked and looked at the Black smith who now seemed to be losing all hope that Noah could help him. "Boy, I don't care as long as they are gone!" and with that the Black smith waved him out and Noah was back on the streets. The white eyes, seemed to have been waiting for him.

Hours had past and night had fell onto the town cloaking everyone in darkness with the haze thick in the air, the white eyes where easy to spot. Noah has used his time to "stock" the grimlins and and had figured there where about six of them and they all lived under different buildings. Taking some of the blankets and bed rolls that was brought on this adventure Noah had hid them in a little ally way and new how he was going to get ride of these things with out takeing their lives.

Noah, opening the pouch had taken out one of the fake gams, it was a bright blue and sparkled more then it should. Placing it on a barrel he grabbed a blanket and waited as the grimlin growled and purred almost as it eyes the gem before scrambling out of its hiding place. It was almost like a cat, with fur, long tail and yet its face was almost human with no iris or pupils. It was coat was a dusty grey and matted. It was somewhat gross looking and as the grimlin was trying to bite the gem, Noah sneaked around and shoved the blanket into its hiding place. The grimlin then turned and upon discovering Noah and the lost of its hiding spot it took the gem in mouth and ran off to the next hiding place in which two other grimlins where waiting.

Noah then open the pouch and removed a "gold necklace" with "Rubies" and a piece of white silk with "gold" design on it. He waited till the eyes had disappeared into the hole under the building. When that was the case he placed the silk and necklace on the other side of the street near the front door. He wanted them as far from this "den" as possible. To get their attention, he picked up a stone and threw it so it would land near the entrance of the the Grimlins Home. As soon at the stone landed three pairs of eyes peered out and with in a moment they grimlins locked onto the good. All three chasing each other and fighting for the shiny items across the street. The one he had chased out earlier was now accompanied buy a almost calico looking one and a orange tabby like grimlin. Noah then took a bed roll and ran over to the den and shoved it in place so the grimlins could not return home. Though Noah had noticed that the first one no longer had the blue gem and with that moved the bed roll over slightly so he could reach in and get the gem. Putting back the gen in the pouch he got up and noticed that the grimlins where gone. Though he had a hunch of there one would be.

He walked down the street and around the corner takeing the rest of the blankets and bed rolls with him. Finding a new place to put his things he sat down and waited for things to settle down. Taking a break was helpful to and he was afraid if he was not careful the grimlins would catch onto what was going on. After a small nap he got up and pulled out the blue gem from before and a silver ring with an fake emerald. He had placed these one a window seal that was harder for them to get too. This street was small and it only took him five or so steps for Noah to cross it and he needed all the time he could get. But before he could get back to his stuff two new grimlins where out and already attempting to get onto the window seal. One with a long white coat and the other tan with seal points. Noah panicked and garbed the nearest blanket he could and ran over to the den. Though all the noise he made alerted the grimlins and they started to run towards the den. Noah manage to get between then and their home and let out a scream, and stomped the earth. it was enough to startle them and make them run to another location. Noah sighed and got on his knees to cover up the den. Once that was taken care of he picked up the ring and gen and headed to the last location.

Knowing he was now dealing with all six, he placed the rest of the fake gems and silk out in a pile in an ally. He knew he would have to go big or go home. He even made a trail of fake gems to help lure them. Noah then sat down and waited. The grimlins where more hesitant this time and the chipped and clicked at each other as if to be communicating to each other. finally the a black grimlin started crawling on its belly towards the nearest gem and grabbed it quickly, before running back to its home. after a half out the black grimlin and the other slowly came out and began to gather the fake gems takeing them back home one at a time. This processes took about three hours of slow moving. Finally all six of them where at the big pile of gems and where chattering and fighting with each other. Noah had gotten up and with a blanker and bedroll he tip toed over to the den, doing his best not to make a sound. Though Noah did kick a rock and for a moment the grimlins stopped and looked at each other. Noah held his breath and stood still, eventually the grimlins went back to what they where doing. Noah then as quickly as he could with out making any further noise and covered up the den. He then turned and smiled, took in a deep breath and yelled, the grimlins dropped the gems and scrambled all running towards him and skidding to a stop when seeing their home was lost. Panicking the Grimlins ran in a circle or two before leaving town and running back into the forest where they belong.

Noah had went to the last den and gathered up all the gems and silk, before removing the bedding and filling up the den with the dirt around. He had done that fro the other grimlin dens and made sure he had all the gems that was given to him. It had been a long night and morning was creeping in slowly as the sky turned a lighter purple. He then returned the bedding to the inn he was staying and then walked down the road letting out a yawn.

Walking back into the shop that the black smith owned he threw the pouch onto the counter. The black smith surprised picked it up and looked though it, seeing that the gems where all there. "What boy, you failed and came back still?" Noah shook his head. "No they are all gone, they are now back into the forest where they belong." Noah then leaned on the counter and sighed. "I also buried their dens so they cant come back." The black smith was now interested and leaned in "How did you do it boy?" and that was when Noah went about the story of how he came up with his scheme to remove the grimlins and how it played out. The black smith was some what impressed with his method and payed Noah. With that Noah left and headed back to the inn where he would sleep well, or at less till Edmund tried to wake him up in an hour.

( 1,855 / 500 )
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 am

username; Drasheep
kalons featured; Citlali, Lulo, and Artemis.
image/story;
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrydoge » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 am

username; cherrydoge
kalons featured; Shirley and Sirkus
image/story;

[750 words]
"Aw, heck. Don't you worry, Mister. Back on my farm I used to deal with little cretins like these gremlins you're talkin' about!" She took the false jewelry and patterned silk from Hadain, and left the shop, into the streets.
The sky was dark, and overcast, streets barren, with only a few Kalons in the street. They saw Shirley and smiled at her, other than that, they didn't interact with her much. She didn't mind, considering she had a job to do. Shirley placed the eye catching objects down in the street, waiting for them gremlins to come out of their hiding places and take a hold of them.

She wont lie- Shirley was kind of bitter about Sirkus sleeping in when she had to go out and do some of the quests. Maybe she'll put one of the gremlins in his bed. Nah, that's too mean. Shirley was so caught up in her thought she didn't notice that some gremlins had come out, and started inspecting the goods. They were putrid, grotesque creatures.
Lumps all over them, spines sticking out of them with sharp teeth that protruded from their mouths, thick, gooey saliva dripping out of them. Multiple eyes, like a spider. Webbed feet with sharp claws at the end of them, and no tails. Their behinds were similar to that of a frog. Their front feet, like hands, weren't webbed but they had extremely sharp claws. Some of them were heavily scarred.
Shirley's nose scrunched in disgust, and she grabbed her walking stick and slowly came around from the corner she was hiding, lifting it above her head and having the stick swiftly come down over her, onto the heads of the gremlins. They screeched, it was ear splitting. She cringed, but continued to swing at the beasts- knocking them out instantly.
"Git! Get outta here, you cretins!" She exclaimed.
The emerald in her walking stick attracted them more, but they were weary. More began to swarm around her, but she knew how to handle this. Just like coyotes.
Swinging it like a golf club, she sent the gremlins flying. They howled as they flew through the air, landing on the ground, dazed.

If they had tails, they'd be running away with them between their legs. Shirley thought smugly. "Who wants some more?!" Shirley yelled, but they all fled. "That'll be the end of that." She smiled, placing the slightly bloodied stick on her shoulder. Maybe this stick will be more effective than her dagger.

Shirley turned to walk away, but she heard the scuffling of claws on stone. She glanced over her shoulder, and saw one remaining gremlin. Turning around, she grinned and said, "Ah, I see. You're the smart one."
It just blinked at her.
"Well, you're not going to get away from my grasp, ya got it you lil pest?" She ran at the gremlin, holding her walking stick up high,
ready to strike. Slamming it down, she was satisifed. Shirley got them!

*Clank*
Huh?

She didn't hit it, Shirley ended up hitting the ground. She grumbled, and scratched her head. Where could it have gone to? She took her emerald out of her walking stick and set it on the ground.
This might take awhile.

She sat in an alley, only a couple of feet away from the emerald on the ground. Shirley tied her dagger around the stick, hoping that would work better. After awhile, the gremlin finally came to take the emerald. Seizing the moment, she ran after it, head on.
"Hyaa!!" She exclaimed, jabbing at the gremlin.

She didn't even wound it.

"Gosh darn it!" Shirley exclaimed, a string of elementary school curses coming out of her mouth.

The entire day that day, she spent it dedicated to finishing off this final gremlin. It was a smart one. Once she had finished planning out her attack, Shirley gathered all the eye catching things she could find, setting it in a pile, waiting to strike.

The gremlin walked over to the gems and gold, picking it up and inspecting it.

"Hey, Shirley!" Came Sirkus' voice.

Oh.
Oh no.
Please God no.

The gremlin looked up, and turned to run away.
*Squish*

"Oh, gross, I stepped in something." Sirkus wiped the gremlin off of his shoe, and headed over to Shirley. "So, whats up? What have you been doing while I've been resting?" He asked.

Shirley was dead silent, before bursting off into laughter. "It's a long story."
leaving. pm me if anythings important, i still get email notifs
cherrydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kenn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am

Kenn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:12 am

username; Zailune
kalons featured; Cosona
image:
Staring Contest!
Explanation:
Cosona didn't want to be too forceful with the little gremlins. She honestly thought they were kind of cute. So, she attempted to kindly persuade them to leave rather than being too harsh on them.
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rvbytea » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:22 am

username; rose wick
    kalons featured; Eirene and tensi
    story; [word count- 956]
xxxxxx "you sure you want to do this?" Eirene said skeptically looking at the dimly lit armory. Tensi and Eirene have grown close since the first time they met but decisions were hard to make since Tensi seemed to be able to jump into any situation and trust anyone as quickly as you could say mice. Eirene was more logical and tried to find the loophole in all sticky situation.
xxxxxx"Oh come on, Eirene!" Tensi groaned slumping his shoulders, "We are broke, Eirene, we don't know anyone here and these gremlin thingys may be easy to get rid of!" He continued as Eirene crossed her arms, still unconvinced.
xxxxxx"If the dude with a missing arm couldn't get rid of the gremlins why do you think we can?" Eirene sighed rubbing the space between her eyes. The smaller kalon was hesitant because they knew nothing about the Gremlins other than they liked jewels and shiny stuff. She was fully aware the quest wasn't going well, they didn't expect to be ready for combat so they didn't pack any armor or weapons, all they had was a lousy stick that was carved into a spear that would break any second and old baseball bat they had retrieved along the way. She sighed heavily as she looked down the ally where the gremlins supposedly lived. Her hands traced the cheap plastic jewelry then looked at Tensi with a serious look, "Alright, lets go, I'll do the talking." She said tying her hair into a messy bun.
xxxxxx Tensi smiled, "Finally!" He said running his hands through his hair. "but, im going to trust you not to screw this up." He added nervously.
xxxxxx "Look, just play along." Eirene chirped walking towards the hold in the ally way. She put on a fake smile and added a skip to her gait as tensi followed behind trying to imitate the smaller kalon. "Oh my!" She said in almost squeal. Eirene held out the fake jewels out. "I can't believe there is a huge gold treasure chest near the lake!" She said dangling the jewelry in the air near the hole. Soon enough, this caught the gremlins attention. Three glowing eyes appeared out of the dark hole in the abandoned dumpster. Eirene smiled and Tensi even looked excited.
xxxxxx"what are we going to do with all this treasure?" Tensi asked grabbing a golden necklace from the pile of jewelry in Eirene's hands.
The two kalons heard a thud and turned around to be greeted with a foul black creature with large yellow eyes that were filled with greed. They had small white horns that protruded from the center of their head and had scaly black skin that had short arms with long claws. The represented a anthropomorphic lizard. They had long Not long after three more of the 3 foot gremlins, which were almost taller than Eirene.
xxxxxx"We will be taking that" The first gremlin growled flexing it's long claws. Eirene flashed tensi a worried look, it they started to attack they would have no chance.
xxxxxx "wouldn't you rather live in a place with all the treasure you want?" Eirene said smirking, the gremlin tried to take the jewels but eirene had smacked his claws away. She hoped she could lead them to a ditch, where tensi and her had previously passed and lead them in there. The actual ditch had nothing but rocks and a pretty nasty 50 foot fall to the bottom, assuming that they couldn't climb it would work.
xxxxxx"well of course!" The gremlin replied looking at his buddies. Eirene smiled. It seems like it was going to work.
xxxxxx "follow us then, make sure everyone goes because there is a lot of gold and treasures behind the lake." She said flicking her tail, signaling tensi to follow. Eirene and tensi went through the village with a mob of Gremlins following them. What a sight that must've been for a citizens. It took a bit, but they were finally at the ditch.
xxxxxx"where exactly is the gold?" The gremlin rasped glaring at the pair of kalons. Eirene pointed to a dark cave at the bottom of the ditch.
xxxxxx"once you get down there it will be clear to see where it is."
She promised. The Gremlins peered over the edge of the ditch to try to spot the treasures they were promised. While they were distracted, tensi grabbed the baseball bat and got in the position to swing, which would hit the middle of the gremlin mob and hopefully push them down the ditch. Eirene nodded as she pointed the back of the spear towards the group. Tensi swung the back knocking atleast four of the creatures down the ditch. Squels and screeches pierced the air as eirene stabbed a couple of the gremlin down the ditch. One last gremlin remained, the leader.
xxxxxx "you lied!" It screeched baring it's yellow teeth at eirene. She shrugged as tensi handed the base ball bat towards her. Eirene grabbed it and swung as hard as she could, the gremlin grabbed on the baseball bat and and screeched once again as she dropped the baseball bat down the ditch. That hopefully would be the last time they would see the Gremlins and the baseball bat. Eirene and tensi panted with their hands on their knees sitting down. Smiling, eirene looked at tensi. They got rid of the Gremlins together.
xxxxxx"give me a paper and pen." Eirene said over the screams of the gremlins. Tensi handed her the wanted supplies and she wrote on sheet of paper, have fun and threw the note, along with the jewelry down the ditch to the gremlins.
xxxxxx"let's go back to the armory." Tensi said getting up with eirene at his side.
    hey! i have been on a hiatus due to school, i apologize if i dont respond quickly!!
rvbytea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:35 am

username; Akame-chan
kalons featured; hikari & aiko
image/story;

Hikari stared at the assortment of false jewelry "you know... we could scam someone with these.." "Aren't I'm supposed to say that? and no! hadain trusted us with these. We need to get a good reputation" "Well that is true.. But I don't see why we cant use these. He never told us to give these things back y'know"
    "That's not we should be thinking about! We should be thinking about how we eliminate the gremlins. We could just lure them out and kill them in style.." "Too much work.. Lets just wait till' night and knock them out. We'll figure out something out by than." Aiko nodded as they settled in to wait for night to fall.

---
    It had fallen to night. The only source of light was the moon.
    "Its night." Akio murmured as she stared at the moon "Well than we should get going now." Hikari said at once Aiko followed him. As Akio followed Hikari it led them to a hole... "You led us to a hole?" "holes. Look at this." As he picked up a small shiny gem that lay in front of the entrance with other gems. "Ah, Now I see. Should we set the false gems and the patterned silk?" "Yeah. The faster we do this. The faster I can go to sleep." Hikari nodded as Aiko sighed. Placing the items in front of the holes Aiko gave a quiet 'whew' as she ran behind a rock where Hikari was. "Now we wait..." They waited for some time until not long after dark long, sharp fingers came out of most holes until reviling a hairless shadow-like creature. Something Fascinating about them were they're eyes. They gave the illusion of making them glow. They had no pupils and they're eyes took half of their face. Hikari and Aiko stared in awe as the gremlins started to pick the shiniest gems from the batch. Hikari snapped realising they were now going back into their holes as he suddenly shouted "GET THEM!" as Hikari and Aiko raced towards them, eliminating them as fast as they both can until all the gremlins were down. Panting, Hikari glanced at the gremlins that were down "Did the army-hadain guy tell us what to do with these guys?" as he was still panting "I don't recall him saying what to do with them." Akio coughed "Hm.. maybe we should-" "Should what?" "Well.. sense these guys like shiny stuff.. I presume they actually have real jewelry and other stuff that are expensive?." "Hikari.. have I ever told you that you're a genius?!" Aiko's face lit up "Why thank you, I'll go in sense I'm the shortest. Sound good?" Aiko nodded as Hikari started to crawl into the hole. The small hole became a tight tunnel. It felt like forever when Hikari was going through the tunnel. He than saw something interesting. More passagewaysThe other holes must be all attached then... He kept going through the tunnel until he saw the end of a tunnel, or what he thought. He was astonished on what he saw. A large pile of real jewellery and other assortment of items that were expensive. Hikari gave a big grin to himself "HAHA! I KNEW IT! I KINEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT! WE HIT THE JACKPOT AIKO!!!" Hikari yelled and Hikari gathered as much items as he can carry back as his head finally popped out of the hole as he saw the biggest grin to Aiko's face. For most of the night they collected the shiny items in bags. It was almost Dawn now as the sun started to rise "We should show what we got to hadian!" "To give some to him? Aw, Hikari you're so sweet! More generous than usual!" "No.... TO shove it in his FACE!" he laughed out loud as Aiko rolled his eyes. They gave half to it to haidan and they kept half of it to themselves. Hikari wasn't what you can call 'happy' for the rest of the day
    [673 words]
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me