: VISCETS : Stub Shop

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

: VISCETS : Stub Shop

Postby Mint Chip » Tue May 23, 2017 2:57 am

Image Image Image Image Image

[ S T U B _ S H O P ]
previous stub shop thread

[What is it?]
      Glad you asked! The Stub Shop is an alternate option for users to purchase items that would otherwise require some sort of currency, such as points or C$.
      Stubs are represented by this Image.
    [How do I get Stubs?]
      You can get stubs through Official Community Events (hosted by staff members), RU-trade-ins, or Honorable Mentions. Scroll down below the Rules to read more!
    [How do I turn in my Stubs?]
      To turn in your stubs / have them added to your bank please contact our Stub Shop archivist TenguInari.
    [How many Stubs do I have?]
      Go here for the banks!
      note that the doc link has changed (Sept. 18), so please update your favorites accordingly
    and for my own personal record, the doc for recording use candies on viscets is here.

[Rules]

✦ We no longer are allowing Stubs to be earned via Referrals. You are still welcome to refer people, but you won't receive stubs anymore. (as of 6.1.17)
    ✦Stubs can be traded and sold to other users; however you are not permitted to pm, harass, beg or otherwise try to pester someone into trading you their Stubs. If this happens you will receive a strike on the first offense, but a second offense may result in the revoking of some, or in some cases all of your current Stubs inventory.
    ✦You can trade Stubs for several things;
    • for chickendollars / c$
    • for cs pets/items
    • occasionally for viscets. (only currency adopts with ufa in blue)
    the amount you trade your Stubs for is up to you, however the basic value is roughly 18c$. this varies from user to user on value, so keep that min mind.
    ✦ However you are not permitted to trade Stubs for the following;
    • dA points
    • USD
    • Individuals viscets who did not first offer it.
    ✦ If you gift or trades Stubs for anything you need to contact TenguInari with the amount you're trading & the user ID link to whom it's going to.

[Earnings]

Here are all the ways you can earn Stubs!
    ✦ Referrals - 1 Image each
      A Referral is when a user comments on the main thread listing another user as the one who referred them to the species. This is a way to get other people to know about the species. Note that if you pm, bribe, harass, or otherwise coax users to mark the main thread to give you a referral, it will not be recorded and you may lose rights to this shop; you can put ads in places like your siggy, etc.
    No longer available (as of 6.1.17)

✦ Official Community Events (hosted by staff) - 1 or 2 Image each
      These are events hosted by one or several official viscet staff members that outline that they are offering Stubs as prizes. Generally these are events that require you to participate by doing writing or drawing prompts. Or events like Christmas Gift Exchanges, and other similar events.
    ✦ Honorable Mentions - 1 or 2 Image each
      Similar to an RU, if your form is exceptionally good in a competition, the artist may give your form a Special Mention. If you contact TenguInari with a link to where you got a Special Mention, you will receive 1-2 stubs. You must PM TenguInari to cash in a HM. You will not receive stubs by default.
      If it's not mentioned (1 or 2), then you will get a default of 1 stub.
    ✦ RU Trade-Ins - 3 Image each
      If a judge can't decide who wins a Viscet, they may choose to give someone a Runner Up--a similar Viscet so that both users are winners. If you win a Runner-Up, you may choose to never use it; instead, you may cash-in your RU and get Stubs instead. To do so, contact both TenguInari and the artist who would originally be doing your RU so that they're aware. It is advised that you do this within a week to two at most; as your RU offer is voided after 30 days. You cannot choose to "trade in" an RU for stubs after the RU is made, even if you don't want it.
    *You can only trade in Honorable Mentions in comps made by official artists. You cannot trade in honorable mentions in GA comps or re-adoptions of a pre-owned Viscet.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am, edited 15 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

: Stub Shop : Items & MYOs

Postby Mint Chip » Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 am

[ S t o r e ]
      [Potions]
      Potions from the Nursery.

[Mutation Potion]
        ✦ Choose one of the parent's traits to be directly inherited!
        Price: 1 Image (Uncommon)
        Price: 2 Image (Rare)
        Price: 5 Image (Legendary)

[Reverse PPS Potion]
        ✦ Grow a pps to an adult! Please read the PPS Growth Thread for more info.
        Price: 3 Image

[Unique Items]
      These unique items can only be obtained through stubs. Each of these items have a specific purpose so please read what each do before purchasing. You must the viscet at least 30 days before you can apply any of these unique items to it.
      **note that these items cannot be applied to viscets whose original artist is no longer active or have retired.

[Red Candy: Eye]
        ✦ Permits you a one time eye color change. This can only change the color of the eyes, not the sclera.
        • cannot be changed to pure black. rings must remain two separate colors.
        • can be applied to partial or full heterochromia viscets to change both eyes.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the color changed with proof of item purchase.
        Price: 1 Image
      [White Candy: Sclera]
        ✦ Permits you a one time sclera color change. This can only change the color of the sclera, not the eyes.
        • cannot be changed to pure black.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the sclera changed with proof of item purchase.
        Price: 1 Image
      [Black Candy: Pupil Edit]
        ✦ Allows you to apply Slit or Horizontal Pupils to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has one of the pupil mutations, it cannot be changed.
        • note this only changes the pupil shape to one of two pupil mutations.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the pupil changed with proof of item purchase.
        Price: 4 Image
      [Black Striped Candy: Pupil-less Edit] *available on Oct. 31st, 2018*
        ✦ Allows you to apply Pupil-less to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has one of the pupil mutations, it cannot be changed.
        • note this only removes the pupil; from both eyes.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the pupil changed with proof of item purchase.
        Price: 5 Image
      [Blue Candy: Ringless & Triple Ringed]
        ✦ Allows you to apply Ringless or Triple Ringed Eyes to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has one of these eye mutations, it cannot be changed.
        • note this only changes the number of rings in a viscets eyes.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the rings changed with proof of item purchase.
        Price: 4 Image

[Pink Candy: Teeth Edit]
        ✦ Allows you to add a teeth edit trait to an existing viscet.
        this only applies to the rare teeth edits: boar tusk, croc teeth or gator teeth.
        • note this only adds one of the teeth edits to an existing viscet that doesn't have any.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the teeth added with proof of item purchase.

[Green Candy: Complete the Set]
        ✦ Allows you to add a missing piece of a "set" trait to an existing viscet.
        (set traits are traits like drapes, tufts, finned tufts, etc)
        • You must have at least 1 part of the "set" on the existing viscet you wish to apply this candy to.
        • note this only adds one piece to the set. if you're missing more than once piece then a couple candies may be needed.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the missing piece added with proof of item purchase.

[Caramel Candy: Roaming Trait Edit]
        ✦ Allows you to apply one a select few roaming traits to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has one a roaming trait mutation, it cannot be changed.
        • note this can only be used to add one of the following: saber fangs, color changing eyes, multiple eyes, or hooves.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the roaming trait added with proof of item purchase.
        Price: N/A
        only obtainable through Viscet Events
      [Toffee Candy: Horn Edit]
        ✦ Allows you to apply an uncommon horn edit to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has a horn trait mutation, it cannot be changed.
        • note this can only be used to add one of the following: unicorn and smooth horns.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the trait added with proof of item purchase.
      [Vanilla Creme Candy: Ear Edit]
        ✦ Allows you to apply an ear edit to an existing viscet.
        • if you viscet already has an ear variation trait mutation, it cannot be changed.
        • note this can only be used to add one of the following: most any mammal ears* or owl ears.
          to apply you must contact the original artist to officially have the trait added with proof of item purchase.

more to come...

[MYO Tickets]
      A MYO Ticket is a Ticket that gives you the ability to make your very own Viscet! You may make it yourself, or if you don't have access to the Oekaki/digital art/or just don't trust yourself to do it, you may ask a staff member to make it for you.
      Different "Tiers" have different privileges, and can be traded in between Tiers. For more information regarding MYOs, go Here.

[Tier 0]
        ✦ No traits or edits.
        Price: 8 Image
      [Tier 1]
        ✦ Any 1-3 Uncommon traits of your choice.
        Price: 10 Image
      [Tier 2]
        ✦ Any 1 Rare and 1-3 Uncommon traits of your choice.
        Price: 18 Image
      [Tier 3]
        ✦ Any 5 traits of your choice, but only up to 2 can be rare.
        Price: 22 Image
      [Tier 4]
        ✦ Go crazy! As many compatible Rare and Uncommon traits as you want.
        Price: 30 Image

Warning: No refunds

Prices are always subject to change, be it increase or decrease.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am, edited 14 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: : VISCETS : Stub Shop

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm

marking / posting is allowed. but be sure to read all the rules and if you have any questions feel free to voice them here c:
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm

how much c would be 8 stubs?
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razors » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:19 pm

the amount you trade your Stubs for is up to you, however the basic value is roughly 18c$. this varies from user to user on value, so keep that min mind.

~ Quoted from above.

I assumed you meant Chicken smoothie dollars. The value is different from person to person. But the best estimate is around 18c$.
Razors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 am

dragonstars wrote:how much c would be 8 stubs?

Razors wrote:the amount you trade your Stubs for is up to you, however the basic value is roughly 18c$. this varies from user to user on value, so keep that min mind.

~ Quoted from above.

I assumed you meant Chicken smoothie dollars. The value is different from person to person. But the best estimate is around 18c$.

As Razors has already answered; 1 stub is worth roughly 18c$.

However, you cannot purchase them unless you've discussed via pm with a user who has stubs to buy off of. The user has to agree to sell the stubs and for what price; and then you'd contact Razors with a screenshot or some sort of proof that the user has sold you the Stubs for Razors to add to your inventory and deduct from the user you bought from.

But essentially you cannot just buy them from me or any other member of staff just to add to your inventory. Stubs are only obtainable through earning them as either Honorable Mentions (HMs) in competitions or earning them through community held events (such as the Summer Prompt Event). There's no other way to obtain them normally. Some users may sell theirs if offered, but most won't because they are earned through work of some kind. Again the price of each Stub can vary but for now the rough estimate is 1 Stubs = 18 c$; we get this ratio as 18 c$ is equal to 100pts / $1 usd and our Stub prices match up the equivalent in usd/points. c: Hope this makes more sense.

But to answer the rough cost of 8 stubs, it'd be around 144c$.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets