Camp Half-Blood Discussion Thread

Create threads to collect roleplay applications, discuss your roleplays, or post additional information for them.

Camp Half-Blood Discussion Thread

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:47 pm

Welcome to Camp-Half-Blood's discussion thread!

All forms and OOC chat should be posted here. Before you post a form, please read the rules on the Main Thread. Forms can also be found on the main thread.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Camp Half-Blood Discussion Thread

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 pm

General Information
Full name: Skyler Elisabeth Rosenburg
Nicknames: Skye, which is preferred, and Rosie, which she absolutely despises.
Birthday: April 19th
Sexuality: Not straight. Other than that, she's pretty unsure.

Appearance
Height: 4' 10"
Build: Small and wiry. Her face has more of an ovaline shape. Her nose is small and rounded, while her lips are lush and full. Her eyebrows are heavier, and there is a distinct lack of makeup on her face.
Skin Type: Relatively pale, but not strikingly so.
Hair Colour and Style: Collarbone-length, moderately curly and dark brown.
Eye Shape and Colour: Almond-shaped electric blue eyes.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: Her skin is spattered with cinnamon freckles. She has a few smaller scars from some of her more aggressive fistfights, as well as some newer injuries from a manticore attack.
Clothing Style: Skye absolutely hates wearing skirts or dresses; she finds them to be incredibly impractical. She can typically be seen wearing a pair of beat-up jeans, a t-shirt, and either sneakers or combat boots. She isn't big on jewelry either, but she does have her ears pierced in which she usually wears simple studs, each one a small bird in flight.

Camp Information
Weapon: A pair of celestial bronze dual-wielded blades that aren't quite long enough to be swords, but aren't quite short enough to be daggers. They're named Vrontí (βροντή) and Asteropḗ (ἀστεροπή).
Godly Parent: Zeus
Claimed?: No
Cabin: 11, will be 1 when she's claimed.
Powers:
Electrokinesis - This typically fluctuates with her emotions; she hasn't the slightest clue about how to control it otherwise.
Atmokinesis - This also fluctuates with Skye's emotions, but usually only happens when they get to extremes.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Skye is fierce, determined, and a bit of a hothead. She has a tendency not to think things through; she can be quite impulsive. On top of that, her short fuse often lands her in physical fights or other bad situations. She usually puts on a tough face, often to the point of insisting nothing's wrong even if she's on the verge of tears. She can be stubborn to the point of stupidity, going to great lengths to prove a point even if she knows it's incorrect.
Likes: Sparring, capture the flag, the climbing wall, exploring the forest, birds, sweets, classic rock, and snakes.
Dislikes: Makeup, shopping, fashion, talking about emotions, the irony of her name, manticores, learning Ancient Greek, sitting down for a long time, and the beach.
Fears: Water, being seen as 'weak', hurting a loved one, and dentists.
History: Skye could always tell that there was something odd about her. When she was younger and still attending school, the other kids would make fun of her because her hair would poof up and get all frizzy whenever she got angry. She was always switching schools due to her tendency to get into fights with other kids (some of whom were actually monsters) and other troublemaking typical to demigods. All of the school-switching helped her to evade monsters, which is perhaps why it took so long for her to make her way to Camp Half-blood.
Very recently, her mother was killed by a manticore, of all creatures - struck by the poisonous spines of its tail after being nearly shredded while picking Skye up from school. The mortals tried to help, but what they saw was probably a very large stray dog or maybe even a mugging; she couldn't be sure. Stupidly, Skye tried to battle the monster, but wound up running for her life instead. In the midst of her panic, she remembered her mother telling her something about a nearby strawberry farm with a lone pine tree on the hill where she would be safe from anything. Luckily for Skye, it wasn't very far from her school - it only took her a couple of hours of running, hiding, and screaming before she saw the pine tree that marked her destination.
Now, Skye lives at Camp year-round.

Personal Relationships
Friends: Amber, Bella, maybe Ari and Elena?
Enemies: None yet, though she holds an immense dislike for the Aphrodite cabin.
Crush/Significant Other: None yet
Pets: None yet, though she has a profound love of birds.

Anything Else
"True courage is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to proceed in spite of it." ~ Anonymous
Last edited by WitchHazel on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:10 pm

General Information
Full name: Dara Akemi Patel
Nicknames: None really. Some people have been known to call him Sleepyhead or Sloth though.
Birthday: September 4th
Sexuality: Homosexual

Appearance
Height: 5' 7"
Build: Skinny and not as muscular as most demigods. His face is rounded and clean-shaven, while his medium-sized lips are relatively even to one another. His nose is on the wider side, but doesn't jut out far from his face. His mother's Japanese heritage is evident in his features.
Skin Type: Olive.
Hair Colour and Style: Soft, feathery dark brown hair, almost black, that's been grown out a little past his ears. He has long, frequently side-swept bangs that cover his average-sized eyebrows.
Eye Shape and Colour: Monolid, large, and deep brown.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: No notable ones.
Clothing Style: Dara usually wears anything comfortable, whether that means flannels, cotton t-shirts, hoodies, sweatpants, sweaters, yoga pants, or sometimes even onesies. This is typically accompanied by a pair of knockoff Uggs as well as fuzzy socks.

Camp Information
Weapon: A spear and shield - much like a Hoplite - but he prefers not to have to use it. Anyway, the two feel big and bulky in his hands.
Godly Parent: Hypnos
Claimed?: Yes
Cabin: 15
Powers:
Hypnokinesis - the ability to affect sleep patterns, such as causing others to fall asleep, inducing insomnia; stuff like that. Dara can easily use hypnokinesis on a few people, but will grow exceedingly weakened if using his ability on a large group.
This includes dream manipulation (i.e. lucid dreaming, creating dreams, dreamwalking, etc.)
Memory retrieval and alteration - Dara has only had to alter a memory once; something he wasn't too keen on.

Digging Deeper
Personality: If there's anything Dara loves more than coffee, it's sleeping. He has a tendency to oversleep and miss breakfast, though he doesn't seem to mind too much. He's been known to fall asleep in strange places; once he even fell asleep on the climbing wall while lava was pouring from the top. Apart from being sleepy most of the time, Dara is typically laid-back and amicable. He is not amicable, however, before his morning coffee. Those who know him well seem to either stay away from him after he's just woken up or tread with extreme caution. Most of his vocabulary before coffee consists of unintelligible noises. Due to his easygoing nature, Dara ends up often playing the therapist for many of his friends, a role he's a bit surprised to find he enjoys. He will freely give advice if a friend comes to him with a problem.
Likes: Popcorn, sleeping, movies, coffee (the darker, the better), caramel, marshmallows, food in general, comfortable clothes, fairy lights, scented candles, hugs, cuddling with his cat, and plush furniture.
Dislikes: Waking up before 7 am, any kind of conflict, loud noises, big dogs, being very active, and staying up late.
Fears: Falling asleep in the heat of battle, the dark, getting lost, and losing his memory.
History: Dara arrived at camp when he was very young, having been dropped off by his mother who could no longer deny his godly parentage. As such, he knows most people at camp, though prefers to keep more to himself. He still sends frequent letters to his mother and goes home to visit when there isn't a lot of monster activity.

Personal Relationships
Friends: Alexa, Indie, Delilah, some of the more relaxed campers.
Enemies: None really; he's a pretty chill dude.
Crush/Significant Other: ;)
Pets: An overweight ginger tabby-and-white cat named 'Fat Amy' after the character in Pitch Perfect.

Anything Else
He has 9 beads on his camp necklace.
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." ~ Harriet Tubman
Last edited by WitchHazel on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pm

General Information
Full name: Mirabelle May Everhart
Nicknames: Mira or Belle; either is fine.
Birthday: June 21st
Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance
Height: 5' 9"
Build: Tall and willowy with strikingly sharp facial features. Her upper lip is notably thin and delicate, while her bottom lip is a bit larger. Her eyebrows are meticulously shaped, while her teeth are very straight (though not naturally so; there were years of braces involved). She is almost never seen in public without a full face of makeup.
Skin Type: Very pale; often described as porcelain. She tends to get sunburnt very easily because of this.
Hair Colour and Style: Long blonde wavy hair with natural highlights of both darker and lighter shades. It is always painstakingly styled one way or another, though waterfall braids are one of her favourite styles.
Eye Shape and Colour: Grey-blue, sometimes appearing grey-green. Downturned, typically framed by copious amounts of makeup.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: A slender scar from her right jawline to the middle of her cheek, almost always covered by makeup. Other than this, there's nothing notable.
Clothing Style: Mirabelle has a particular penchant for vintage clothing; she's often seen porting vintage-style dresses and felted cloche hats in various colours. Red is one of her favourite colours to wear; she's been told it looks quite flattering on her. She owns a vast collection of jewelry, though one of her favourite pieces is a pair of rose stud earrings that she has in both crimson and pale pink. As far as shoes go, she'll wear anything from ankleboots to strappy sandals, depending on the weather, of course.

Camp Information
Weapon: A celestial bronze tube of lipstick that turns into a Xiphos named Rhódon (ῥόδον) when uncapped. She has many other smaller hidden weapons, though none of the others are magical.
Godly Parent: Aphrodite
Claimed?: Yes
Cabin: 10; she is also the counselor seeing as she's one of the oldest kids and has been at Camp an awfully long time.
Powers:
- "Parlez-vous français?" - Can speak fluent French.
Amokinesis, which she usually only uses to mess with people.
Charmspeak - she can lie and manipulate very convincingly, but finds it a bit unethical as well as quite exhausting. Stronger-willed people are usually able to resist.

Digging Deeper
Personality: An inner perfectionist, Mirabelle holds herself to unreasonably high standards. On the outside, she's all sunshine and smiles, but a mass of insecurities lie beneath her radiant exterior. A lot of the time, she will find herself feeling inexplicably guilty and blaming herself for situations that had nothing to do with her. She has an intense desire to be loved and accepted by everyone around her. She's a lot more intelligent than most people think she is, and tends to dumb herself down. She's also a much fiercer fighter than most people think she'd be; often giving her the element of surprise when sparring or battling monsters. When stressed, Mirabelle tends to frantically clean the cabin, often spending ridiculous amounts of time making sure everything is exactly where it's supposed to be. If there's one hair out of place, she will find it and 'correct' it.
Likes: Being neat and organised, painting with watercolour, styling her hair, reinventing vintage fashion, sewing, speaking french, romance, reading, sparring, fancy coffee drinks, most animals, equines, designing clothing, painting her nails, embroidery, chocolate, snakes (surprisingly enough) and the beach.
Dislikes: Messes, getting sick, talking about her past, meat, rain, sunscreen, sunburns, stress, dealing with drama, judgy people, bullying, having her height be pointed out, bug bites, her laugh, and lying.
Fears: Isolation, small spaces, gaining weight, spiders, and heights.
History: Long story short, Mirabelle's father was attacked by an Empousa when she was ten years old. With the help of the school Satyr who'd befriended her, she was able to dust the Empousa after a long and tiresome struggle. Her father was badly wounded and had to be hospitalised. After that incident, she decided it was best to go with the Satyr to Camp Half-Blood.
Mirabelle stays year-round at Camp Half-blood.

Personal Relationships
Friends: Mirabelle is friendly with most campers.
Ari, Indie, and Mark, maybe Harper, possibly Elliott and Matei.
Enemies: None really, though she doesn't particularly like the Ares cabin.
Crush/Significant Other: Totally not Mark
jk she's hardcore crushing on Mark
Pets: None, but she does like animals quite a bit.

Anything Else
Fatal flaw: Puts the needs of others far beyond her own; willing to sacrifice herself for others.
She's allergic to cats, but seems fine around any other animal.
She has 7 beads on her camp necklace.
"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself." ~ Coco Chanel
Last edited by WitchHazel on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:46 am, edited 12 times in total.
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticelle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:41 pm

faceclaim: candice king

General Information
Full name: Harper (Lynn) King
Nicknames: (if any) none
Age: 15 (she was brought to camp at this age, but didn't have many run-ins with monsters after she turned 13, before she was brought to camp)
Birthday: june 19
Sexuality: straight, though she wouldn't be opposed to having a relationship with someone of the same gender.

Appearance
Height: 5'3"
Build: small & skinny. her face is oval-shaped, with (slightly) prominent cheekbones. she has medium-sized full lips, usually covered in a light-pink lip gloss.
Skin Type: pale
Hair Colour and Style: blonde, chest-length wavy hair, parted on the left side usually, but she plays with it and changes the side part frequently
Eye Shape and Colour: pale green almond-shapes eyes
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: (if any) a light dusting of freckles across her nose and cheeks, not too visible, but there. one not large, but not small scar above her left knee, earned from fighting a storm spirit before making her way to camp half-blood
Clothing Style: she loves crop-tops, torn jeans, and high-waisted pants, shorts, skirts, etc. she doesn't wear skirts or dresses too often, but she does like them. she wears lots of converse and running shoes. as for makeup, she keeps it simple with mascara, a light pink lip gloss and occasionally eyeliner with a slight wing done perfectly

Camp Information
Weapon: a white-oak wood bow with celestial bronze-tipped arrows. named Psíthyros (Whisper) because you can barely hear the weapon when it's being used. when not in use, it shrinks into a silver arrow-shaped necklace that Harper never takes off. when she needs Psíthyros, she pulls the necklace from her neck, and it goes fullsize. when she's done, she just wills it back into a necklace.
Godly Parent: Apollo
Claimed?: (y/n) yes, recently, so she's still figuring out her powers
Cabin: #7
Powers: Audiokinesis (controlling sound waves and music), Vitakinesis (controlling the healing process), and Photokinesis (limited so far, she doesn't know the full lengths of this ability yet, so far she can only generate light but it might grow into something more later.) she doesn't know about her abilities yet, but she's always had a way with music and when she gets excited/mad/upset (when her emotions get to extremes) she's noticed she glows slightly or the room she's in gets slightly brighter, not by much.

Digging Deeper
Personality: harper is usually very kind, unless you annoy her or cross her, then she can be very sassy and sometimes mean, but she feels guilty if she is too mean. she can be very flirty when she wants to be, but only if she's comfortable with you. otherwise, she's shy. she can be kind of a pushover, always putting others' needs before her own. she is very sensitive and her feelings can be hurt easily, but she doesn't like to cry in front of other people. she puts on a happy face even when she's the farthest thing from happy so no one will worry about her. she isn't exactly shy, but not quite extroverted either. she can be very impatient. she's too blindly trusting, which usually turns around and bites her. she's easily scared and jumpy, but gets over it quickly.
Likes: music, animals, pastel colors, spending time with friends, light in general,
movies, tv shows, books, pegasus riding

Dislikes: fighting between demigods, though fighting monsters is fine. harper hates long waits or sitting still for too long. mean/rude people, heels, non-skinny jeans, too-cold weather, being alone for long periods of time. she usually dislikes non-fiction books, because she likes to get lost in a fictional world. also, non-fiction books usually bore her.
Fears: deep water, whirlpools, sharks, whales, basically the whole ocean. someone or something dying at her hands (like an animal or even another demigod). she would NEVER be able to go to the beach, she'd probably cry. lakes and rivers are fine, as long as they're not too deep. public humiliation, the dark, and monsters (though she'd never admit to either of those). this isnt really a fear, but she can be easily jump-scared if someone sneaks up on her.
History: harper had always been very close to her mom. her mother had always encouraged her when she tried to learn a new instrument (the flute was her specialty) and always got her new sheet music to learn. she'd needed lots of new sheet music, because she'd learn and memorize songs very quickly and music had always come easy to her. when harper was 11, her mother and step-father (who she'd never gotten along with) went on a cruise for their anniversary.
the cruise ship was pulled into a whirlpool and needless to say, her mother and step-father never came back. after this, harper had spent time with different relatives, mostly her grandparents. she'd never gotten long with them, either. a few days before her 15th birthday, she ran away. she couldn't deal with any of it anymore. she'd made one friend while on the street, a satyr, but she didn't know he was one. they'd had a run-in with a storm spirit together and Harper was suddenly thrown into the reality of her new greek-mythological world. the satyr guided her to camp half-blood afterwards, and that's how she ended up here.

Personal Relationships
Friends: Elena Lyric Reese, Caspian James Reynolds, Sophia Annalise Buckingham (paternal half-sister, good acquaintance)
Enemies: none yet
Crush/Significant Other: may or may not be Caspian oops
Pets: a pegasus she calls Bright Eyes at the stables (his real name is Emory). well,
technically, Bright Eyes isn't her's, but she hopes he can be someday. he doesn't have an owner
Last edited by Mysticelle on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 19 times in total.
kendall - female - infp - virgo - august 26

strong believer in equality for everyone.
my PMs are always open, you can talk to me about anything, i'm here for you <3.

---

Mysticelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 am

Accepted! c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imaginary.jpg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:11 am

* Okay if I join? I'll get my form up soon, no problem.
imaginary.jpg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Of course! c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oakley~ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Okay, please bear with me, I have never been in a roleplay before and I will try to be as active as possible, but sometimes I get in trouble and have to computer taken away not five minutes after getting yelled at, so in those cases I cannot notify you before hand.

General Information
Full name: Brooklyn Anne Smith
Nicknames: (if any) Brook
Birthday: May 5
Sexuality: Heterosexual/Straight

Appearance
Height: 5' 1"
Build: Mostly skinny, but with a few curves and slightly thicker legs. Head shape is more square, but slightly leans toward circular. Her lips are slightly full, and her eyebrows tend to be on the thinner side with a slight arch. Her face is always covered in the usual foundation, eyeliner, contouring makeup, concealer, and mascara.
Skin Type: Fair, but more tan than other fair people.
Hair Colour and Style: Straight, natural platinum blonde hair, tailbone level. Eyebrows are slightly darker than her other hair.
Eye Shape and Colour: Pale blue, large and round.
Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks: (if any) Ovalish birthmark on her right arm, consists of tiny freckles clumped together. Also has noticeable freckles across the bridge of her nose. Brooklyn has a thin scar down her left calf about five inches long, and another scar shaped like an odd star on her right hip.
Clothing Style:
Usually casual, loves crop tops with shorts. Brooklyn prefers gladiator sandals, but wears dark, shin high lace-up boots.
Camp Information
Weapon: A deadly, small trident made of celestial bronze, named Roufichtra, translates to Whirlpool. Transforms into a bobby pin when not in use.
Godly Parent: Poseidon
Claimed?: (y/n) Yes
Cabin: 3; She is the counselor for being the oldest member of Cabin 3 and the first.
Powers: Finds more strength around any body of water. Can pull water from a nearby lake, ocean, river, etc. and use it as defense. Can breath underwater due to gills on her ribs.

Digging Deeper
Personality: Bubbly and warm, although can become timid and hurtful when she is angry. Brooklyn is often seen as weak due to her smaller size but is stronger than people realize in battle. She is also seen as very intelligent, but isn't as smart as she acts.
Likes: Painting with acrylics, the beach, lilies, hippocamps, sunsets, horses, kombucha (fermented green tea) and wolves.
Dislikes: Grapes, sunflowers, salty foods, football (american version)
Fears: Brooklyn fears being alone, getting hurt, not being good enough for her father and Camp Half-Blood.
History: Brooklyn was raised an orphan until she was 12 and then left for camp. Her mother gave her up when she was still very young, and has mortal adoptive-parents. Her best and pretty much only true friend, Jutel, a satyr, who she has know since second grade. Brooklyn was expelled from many schools and never knew why until she was attacked by a dracaenae and was taken to camp by Jutel.

Personal Relationships
Friends: Jutel, other than that, none really.
Enemies: None yet.
Crush/Significant Other: None yet.
Pets: None.

Anything Else
Has four camp beads.
Motto is- "If plan "A" doesn't work, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet. Chill out."
Last edited by oakley~ on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oak!
they/them

ImageImage
ImageImage
oakley~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:37 pm

Accepted! ^^

I think we'll start when we get one more person c:
Hi there!
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me