( ‵‵ ❅ miles from home

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

( ‵‵ ❅ plan a through z

Postby unnamed » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm

┌──────────────────┐
b e a r ! !
male wheel dog . seven years
tags: steel, willow, everyone

┕──────────────────┙

He suddenly found Willow's face in his, her stance aggressive and a low growl in her throat. His own lips pulled back slightly and his once caring attitude dissipated back into his previous one of distrust and frustration. "You may have been the lead dog with a sled Willow, both of you, but that doesn't make you one now so don't think I won't protect myself if you try anything," he warned lowly. He respected the two when they were pulling the sled and would have never gone against their decision but out here he knew better. This was the ruthless, unforgiving wild and as far as he knew they'd never ventured in it without a master guiding them. She was right though, he should have been easier on Zero. This blizzard was dangerous and he truly may not have seen the cliff; he'd made an avoidable mistake but still a mistake. He turned his attention from Willow only to land upon a distressed Zero and for a moment his hardened expression faltered. Should he really be judging his friend so harshly? It may not be so bad to allow Zero the lead for now and discuss his concerns when they were safe. Those thoughts were dismissed when Zero growled as well followed by a snap. He watched as Zero lowered himself as a show of respect - one that Bear didn't return. The pair's growling had left a bad taste in his mouth and the words that came out of his mouth next were calm. "It seems my concern has only been met with aggression. Do as you wish Zero, but do not claim to respect me when you just growled at me when I only expressed concern," he stepped back to allow the two lead dogs their moment.
        Zero's former request for Bear to flank him was tossed out of the malamute's mind. He was frustrated and irritated and wanted solitude for the time being. He didn't respond again to either Vinnie's or Willow's take on the shelter situation. He hung back, letting the other's pass him before taking his newfound place at the back. Maybe it was for the best he supposed; after all he'd always been in the back. He could feel the blizzard only getting worse; his vision now consistently getting more blurred the longer they remained out here. Figures not even a few feet in front of him were starting to become lost in the snow and the snow on the ground was now rising higher and higher.
        Bear normally wasn't the most confrontational; perhaps it was been the near death experience that set his nerves on edge and made him slightly more aggressive. Or perhaps it was something else he couldn't quite determine at that moment. Maybe once they were all safe he'd come to his senses and actually relax, address the situation clearly. What really worried him? How far from home they were. They'd been more than half way through the journey but even the next town was still a few days away and that was in good weather - who knew what disaster this blizzard would bring. He fell deep into thought suddenly, even his pace slowing as his brow furrowed. Bear was a planner and right now plans a through z were already forming in their head. They'd always taken the open plains over the forest because it was easier for a sled team and less dangerous but it extended their route. But maybe if he could convince them they could make their way through the forest to their destination and not back home. He knew the scent markers of predators and how to steer clear of them. It'd be quicker and they could be back in the safety of humans in no time. However he knew most of them would rather head home and to be fair he knew the forest in that direction well and could recognize what scents belonged to which wolf pack or bear in that direction. That journey, however, would be long.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ‵‵ ❅ i am not the only traveler || 004

Postby gamorasass » Tue May 01, 2018 1:31 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━
      Z E R O
      "i am not the only traveler"
      tags;; willow, bear

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Bear was getting on his nerves. He was acting noble now as if he never meant to pick a fight and was only showing concern, but Zero knew that wasn't true. His once close friend completely turned on him for a mistake that could have easily happened to any one of them. Zero's guilt and pain from what he had done was already strong enough. He didn't need his once close friend barking at him or threatening him for no reason. Even though he had misplaced his judgement and panicked by that cliff, Zero knew he would have no issue finding them shelter.

"As lead of the sled, I am the lead of this pack. You respect me, or you don't. It's as simple as that. All I ask is for you to let me find us shelter. Your knowledge is far superior in the hunt, but I know these mountains better than you do," he responded, a cold tone to his voice and a slight growl. He would not be talked down to. As lead sled dog, he had a responsibility to his pack, both in and out of the harness. His eyes narrowed on Bear, not in a threatening way, but as if he was trying to read the dog's mind. It was then that he let out a huff, dropping his head glumly, a sad look upon his face. "The last person I expected hostility from was you, Bear," he stated quietly, catching his gaze once more before turning and heading off to lead the pack to shelter.

His attention turned to Willow then. Despite their differences and arguments, they were as close as ever and would do anything for the other. The first person that Zero would lay his life down for was her, and that would be without hesitation. Sure, he'd do the same for any of his team members, but Willow would be the first. His ears flickered in her direction as she spoke and the husky let out a sigh. "Not we," he corrected, not wanting Willow to think that any of this was her fault, because it wasn't, "it is all on me." His pace quickened slightly as he dropped his nose, trying to pick up any scents, but it was hard with the blizzard swarming around them. "I can promise us a shelter. I just hope I can get us home."
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

four ( ‵‵ ❅ i’m never changing who i am — vintage

Postby paper planets » Wed May 02, 2018 4:30 pm

. ── VINTAGE
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( six years ) ( female ) ( wheel dog ) ( location: cliff/mountainside ) ( tags: everyone, bear )
    . ── cause you're a sky full of stars !!

Vintage huffed under her breath as her input was nearly completely ignored by the bristling, bickering dogs standing around her. All of this fighting within their own ranks was tiring, they didn’t have time to sit around trying to assert their dominance. She loved her team all the same and both Bear and Zero were her close friends, but she wasn’t sure that she was ready to pick a side. To her, there shouldn’t be one specific leader or alpha - whatever they decided to call it - among them. They should all work together as a team to be a well put together group, some would lead at times while others would walk in the back and they would rotate depending on what was best. Sometimes it would be a lead dog at the front and, other times, a wheel dog. Though, perhaps the power struggle happening between the dogs in front of her was just too far out of her comfort zone for her to truly understand it all. She didn’t need to have power, she just wanted her team to be safe and she wanted to be able to sit down under shelter and rightfully mourn the loss of their Master.

The white-furred Samoyed watched with a neutral expression as Willow and Zero took the lead, the two lead dogs staying in the front as usual. Then, her warm brown gaze tracked back to Bear as he hung back. A wheel dog staying at the back of the pack like always. Vinnie felt a little stir of sadness within her chest, like little butterflies fluttering against the wind, but they seemed to suck away at the oxygen in her lungs. Even if she didn’t care about high ranks and wished for equality, she still felt a small tug of annoyance at the lead dogs for being unable to let others walk ahead for once. Though, perhaps that was her compassion for Bear and the defeated look on his face or maybe even her irrational unnerved feeling she got around Willow. Either way, she let the rest of the group pass her by and fell into step beside Bear, taking the familiar position as a wheel dog that she had carried for years. She didn’t speak to her companion, deciding that the glazed look in his eye meant his mind was somewhere else. For now, she walked in silence, fluffing up her thick fur against the biting wind and watching the team to make sure everyone was keeping up and not struggling through the heavy snow that coated the ground.
paper planets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me