The Valley [open]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

The Valley [open]

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Inspiration :: Discussion
They descended from the stars speaking in foreign tongues that invaded the mind and filled it with visions. There were hundreds that surrounded them, standing on a distant land soil. And so we were called, from distant lands and far-away shores. We carried a story in our hearts and a yearning in our bones for the Valley. On our journey we met one another, and shared our visions. Many had heard of the Clans, their warriors and StarClan, but none of Clans with their bastions and the Fields of Running Stars. And so they converged on the Valley. Missy, an old dishevelled kitty-pet was the first to discover the magic of the valley they lived in. Stumbling down to the creek to drink, her travelling companions thought her to be dead, only minutes after drinking the water she was returned to full health. It marvelled the group and fights began to break out amongst the groups as to who would claim such a wondrous resource. However under the leadership of StormSun and his mate the band of rogues, loners, kittypets and clan cats became the Clan of the valley... It has been 100 moons since StormSun died and our clan has prospered under the leadership of his son and then his son after him. The healers have received a terrifying vision of the water disappearing.

- 'non-canon' themed clan.
- lives with monarchy system
- prospered due to 'miracle water' that gives them better immunity and strength.
- miracle water drys up after omen [caused by draught]
- a disease slowly starts eating away at the fauna in the area.

//plot is a wip. I need to re-write it to make it more interesting but yeah that's the basics. Time to build the rest of this.
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm

1; realistic characters; no male torties/calicos.

2; 200+ words. This RP is semi-lit/lit so please also refrain from using terms like 'fae', 'brute' or 'audit/auditories'

3; disable signatures on all posts! A handy trick is to go into settings -> board preferences -> edit posting defaults and disabling 'Attach my signature by default'.

4; you set your own max characters; please only take on as many as you are comfortable with.

5; go all out on drama and personal conflict. If you have something big planned run it by me first!

6; no power-playing, god moding, mary sues or killing another character without consent.

7; please reserve positions before posting, this can be done by pm or posting on the discussion thread. [PM's get preference so if I get two requests for a position I will always go with the PM'd reserve first]

8; Use the discussion thread for ooc and forms
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Explaining the Ranks

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 pm

███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████

███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████

LEADERSHIP
NameSun [Leader]: The former deputy and child of the previous Sun and Moon leader. They are raised with the soul purpose of becoming leader and are trained vigorously by their parents to fit such a role. They are the main leader of the clan, shouldering the burden of leading fights, delivering speeches, handing out punishments and large decisions. The children of this cat become heir/heiresses. This cat gains 7 lives upon becoming leader and visiting the Crystal peaks.
NameMoon [Leader's Mate]: The mate of the Sun leader. Typically a bastion prior to becoming the moon leader, it isn't unheard of for Healer's to take on this role if the heart is willing. They are the heart of the clan and the secondary leader. The are in charge of spiritual matters, apprenticing youths and speaking for the dependants of the clan. The children of this cat become heir/heiresses. This cat gains 7 lives upon becoming leader and visiting the Crystal peaks but looses all but one when the sun leader dies.
Heir/heiress [Deputies]: The offspring of the current leaders. When a new leader takes power, all heirs/heiresses that are the previous leader's children are demoted to either bastions or council members depending on their choice. Children of the leader's only become heirs/heiresses upon their 25th moon, resigned to an apprentices position and trained by the parents until they are ready. Once one of the monarchy die the first to take a mate and request the position of leader ascends to the leadership position. If two cats wish to ascend to the position they are sent out to Crystal Peaks with the last surviving member of the monarch; the Field of Running Stars will send down and omen in the cats sleep; a marking, signifying the new leaders.
Healer [Medicine Cat]: A group of up to four healers, who are talented in both the art of medicine and agriculture. They are viewed as having one foot on the ethereal plain and one with the living. As if gifted by the Field of Running Stars, they have an unusually long life span compared to the rest of the clan. Healer's who have proven themselves worthy, wise and talented will often earn the title 'ka' out of respect. No-one is quite sure where this saying comes from but it holds with it a deep weight, not a term thrown around lightly and only reserved for the best.

PROVIDERS
Bastions [Warriors]: The great providers of the clan; the main work force. Typically aged from 12-60 moons, these cats are trained in hunting, fighting and tracking. They abide by the following definition of the word: "a ... person strongly maintaining particular principles, attitudes, or activities."
Apprentices: Cats aged from 8-12 moons. Despite being trainees, these are almost fully grown cats often with a childish demeanour. They are being taught by either the leaders or bastions to become a working member of the clan. They are expected to bow their heads in respect to higher ranked members of the clan.

DEPENDANTS
Dam [Queens] & Kits: Nursing or expecting mothers, waiting for either their kids to either be born or move to the care of the council. Kits are often coddled by the clan, treated with love and kindness in an effort to raise them with good morals.
Council [Elders]: The elderly of the clan, retired bastions and dams who are resigned to a life of educating the kits of the clan. They are treated with a great amount of respect and are one of the first to eat. The health of the Council is the easiest way to tell the health of the clan. If the council are healthy, plump and happy the clan fare's well. If the council is sickly and underfed, however, this means that the clan is suffering.
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Allegiances

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Leaders [closed]
    KestrelSun { male . 37m . destiny . scruffy brown tom with long fur }
    EveningMoon { female . 36m . tinytabby . cream tabby with plumy tail }

Heir/Heiress [open]
    ✦ Name { gender . 00m . username . description }
    GoosePaw { male . 09m . lovely . sleek black cat }
    FrostPaw { male . 09m . teara . white tom with heterochromia }
Healer
    FoxHeart { male . 48m . :Shuckles: . russet-coloured somali }
    Name { gender . 00m . username . description }

Bastions
    LakeGaze { female . 32m . imperfectionist . a brown seal point }
    BarkPelt { female . 44m . kiwi . brown and white she-cat }

Apprentices
    RustPaw { male . 10m . imperfectionist . a lean rusty orange cat }

Dams

Council
    DustClaw { male . 65m . imperfectionist . a slate grey tabby }
    Swanfur { female . 67m . lovely . ginger tabby }

Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:25 am, edited 19 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relations

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Mentors
    KestrelSun > NamePaw, GoosePaw, FrostPaw
    NameMoon > NamePaw, GoosePaw, FrostPaw
    BarkPelt > RustPaw
    Name > Name

Family
    KestralSun + NameMoon = namepaw, goosepaw, frostpaw
    Mother + Father = offspring, offspring, offspring

Crushes
    Name -> Name
    Name -> Name
    Name -> Name
    Name -> Name

Name <-> Name
    Name <-> Name
    Name <-> Name
    Name <-> Name
    Name <-> Name

Mates
    KestrelSun ♥ NameMoon
    Name ♥ Name
    Name ♥ Name
    Name ♥ Name
    Name ♥ Name
    Name ♥ Name

Ex-Mates
    Name ♠ Name
    Name ♠ Name
    Name ♠ Name
    Name ♠ Name

Other Notable Relations
    here

Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Valley Clan's Code

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

One; Respect the land, respect the prey you catch and the predators that share your lands. If your name sake is one of the animals of this land, do not eat or kill your name sake, they are your kin respect them as such.
Two; Nurture the land you live on, our world would not exist without any of these things. Respect them as you respect your family.
Three; The Leader's children become deputy on their 25th Moon. They are also to find a mate and have children to continue the line of leaders so the clan may never go without leadership.

Four; Do not harm kits, cubs, pups, hatchlings or any other young animal.
Five; Each rank has it's duty. Do not go against your duty or you bring weakness and vulnerability to the clan.
Six; At 8 Moons a kit may become an apprentice, they must swear an oath of allegiance to the valley and their clan.
Seven; When an apprentice becomes eligible to be a warrior they journey to Crystal peaks. There they will receive a vision from the stars; their true name.
Eight; Borders should be marked daily to inform others of our presence, Allow passage and entry to any of a kind nature, deny the ruthless and destructive.
Nine; On the night of the New Moon, you must commune with the packs and clans who neighbour you. On the night of a Full Moon, Healer's must leave the territory and head to Crystal Peaks.
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Significant Areas | Territory

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 pm

CAMP
Leader's Den, Bastions Den, Dependants Den, Healer Den, Apprentice Den, Fresh-kill pile, Herb garden. Apprentice den is covered in scratches of apprentice leaving their mark of the den upon graduating. Dependants den is shared by the council, dams and kits.
TERRITORY
Set place in a mixture of Utah's Zion, Arizona's Grand canyon and Nevada, red soil is everywhere often staining the fur over brighter coloured cats. Down the centre of their territory and the heart of the valley lies the river that feeds life to it's surroundings. To say that their territory has set boundaries would be a lie, the territory shrinks and grows as their needs change. During plentiful seasons the the cats will barely mark up to the river, during bad seasons their territory loosely weaves across the surroundings to encompass as much good hunting as possible. Training takes place by the river side along a smooth stone outcropping, the location is named the Rocky Outcrop. The Dust Bowl is where cats often go before hunting to coat themselves in the scent of the earth by having dust baths.
SIGNIFICANT AREAS
Crystal Peaks: Spiritual center for the clan. Fishers Hollow: location where the clan meets with other clans/packs/rogues to hold a gathering. The location earns it's name from a large still lake water that is known for it's fishing.Undecided: burnt area of land outside the borders, often catches fire once or twice in summer, the clan is unaffected due to a large portion of river that blocks the fire from consuming their territory. In spring before the fire starts it is one of the best places to find hares and other small mammals. If the prey in their territory is beginning to become over hunted they will hunt at UNDECIDED for a moon.
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Our brothers in arms [Prey/Predators]

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm

All prey and predators will be coming from Nevada

The prey and predator range from scorpions, mountain lions, snakes, lizards, spiders, wolves, coyotes, foxes, ground squirrels, rabbits, falcons, ravens, desert tortoise, hawks, eagles, bobcats, sheep, deer, pronghorns, geckos, owls, bats, horned toads and more. The Valley’s rivers and lakes contain large quantities of bass, trout, crappie, and catfish.
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Weather | Logistics

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 pm

20ºC / 68ºF
a storm seems to be heading for the valley, humid
autumn
9:00 am
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Open Characters; eck need to fix this.

Busy Characters; none/atm tag your character as closed to be put
here

Prophecy; Field of Running Stars is quiet
Last edited by ataraxic_gone on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Welcome to the Valley

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 pm

██████████████████████

discussion | open