♕''Driftclan || accepting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

♕'' boney (1) | stonewish (1)

Postby crash the mode » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:50 pm

too close!
BONEY
WHERE: BROKEN SOULS
CAMP
WITH: SWEETS (MENT.),
OPEN
    indentThe branch where she made her perch was high above the forest floor, and from her nest she could see other members of The Broken Souls beginning to stir. There was very little by ways of a schedule in their 'camp', but regardless Boney kept tabs on the other cats. Their movements were important to her and to the group's productivity; the sooner hunters were awake the sooner they could be feeding the needy and the sooner other assassins were awake the safer their cats would be. The Broken Souls woke with the rain which had started some time ago, though Boney herself was unaffected under thick cover of the leaves.

indentIt was only when Boney noticed their leader, Sweets, moving on the ground that she stretched and climbed to her feet. She climbed down from her tree with stiff, alert posture and with her ears high, awaiting news or instruction. She knew that the others would be doing the same-- and if they weren't she would make sure they started to.

x

STONEWISH
WHERE: WARRIORS' DEN,
CAMP
WITH: BEETLESTREAM
    indentStonewish woke when the air chilled-- for despite the warmth of other bodies in the warriors' den his nest was close to the edge and the breezes that come low over the shore still hit his flank --and he wasted no time following the log tunnels out of the den system and into the grey air of the camp proper. The first drops of rain to land on his head pulled from him a grunt of disgust. He cast his eyes to the sky, watching the clouds as they rolled slowly by, noting how they stretched as far as he could see in any direction. This rain wouldn't let up any time soon, but for the moment he supposed that a drizzle couldn't hurt. As he walked away from the shelter the logs provided Stonewish couldn't help the annoyed twitch of his whiskers no matter how he tried.

indentThe wet weather and the blanket of haze it'd cast over everything meant Stonewish was slow to remember just what kind of situation the clan was in. He'd never been particularly good at keeping himself busy, and he'd never been one to pay much attention to his surroundings, so the impending storm was out of his mind in moments. He joined no active conversations, instead walking down the beach to avoid them. It was then that he caught a damp Beetlestream making his way back to camp. It wasn't strange that the mottled tom would already be up and about, but the serious expression on his face caught Stonewish's curiosity. He approached the younger warrior with his eyes wide. "What's got your tail in a knot?" The uneven gait he carried made it easier to keep up with Beetlestream, who walked like he was on a mission, "I've never known you to be bothered by a little rain."
crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ii

Postby elfish » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:13 pm

FIRELEAF
        ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
        i driftclan ii medicine cat iii irritated iv med den v cinderfrost, daisypaw
        xxxBefore the ginger-and-white medicine cat could deliver another jab to Daisypaw's shoulder, she was disrupted momentarily by a quiet voice behind her. 'StarClan, already?!' she groaned to herself. The day had just barely begun and she already had cats coming in to bother her? The grumpy medicine cat didn't fancy herself much of a social creature, and she was even less so this early in the morning. She was never much of a early riser, anyway. Fireleaf slumped her shoulders and turned around to face the intruder, Cinderfrost. Her ears twitched at the warrior's request. Something for a bad dream, eh? If Fireleaf took some herbs for every time she had bad dreams... The medicine cat pushed the thought aside.

xxx"Again?" she grumbled. The dark grey molly was just in here several days ago for a similar problem; it wasn't like Fireleaf was worried about Cinderfrost (because a few bad dreams never hurt anyone), but she definitely couldn't have her become dependent on herbs for everything. "I'd ask if you want to talk about it to perhaps remedy your situation, but my lazy apprentice is still asleep," Fireleaf said with a pointed glare at Daisypaw's slumbering figure. "I'll go get something for you." With that, the medicine cat rose to her feet and quietly slipped to the back of the den where the herbs were stored. From the bottom of her little makeshift shelf made from the smooth grooves in the rocks, she pulled out several juniper berries. They were usually used to treat bellyaches, but also had soothing uses.

xxxShe picked up the juniper berries gently in her mouth and walked back to Cinderfrost. "Eat these," she said after placing the berries at the warrior's paws. "It'll calm you down." With that said, she turned her attention back to her apprentice with a grimace. 'Just wait til you wake up...' She began to compose a list of difficult, mind-numbing tasks for the apprentice to complete upon her waking.

GOOSEPAW
        i driftclan ii apprentice iii bright, hungry iv apprentices den v emberpaw; redpaw, hollystream, owlfang, gullnose (mentions)
        xxxHe jolted a little when Emberpaw's voice broke the silence that filled the apprentices den and his mind, though quickly smoothed down his fur and greeted his friend with a soft purr. "Don't let the rain get you down," Goosepaw encouraged Emberpaw with a breathy laugh. He flicked his tail as he returned his gaze to the scenery right outside the den. "I'm sure they'll still take us out, though maybe they'll wait for the rain to die down." His green eyes gleamed with amusement at Emberpaw's complaint - it seemed like the other molly, like most cats, much preferred the sun and dry ground underneath their paws. "Aw, it'll be fine," Goosepaw reassured Emberpaw. "We can treat ourselves after with a big fat fish!"

xxxThe pale grey-dappled apprentice noticed Redpaw move in his nest from the corner of his eye and felt bad for the tom. The perks of sleeping near the den's entrance did not amount to its cons, Goosepaw thought, and he kept this in mind as he attempted to quiet his voice for the tom to continue sleeping. But Goosepaw supposed that Redpaw wouldn't be sleeping for long - he expected their mentors, Gullnose, Hollystream, and Owlfang, to come fetch them soon. In the mean time, Goosepaw's belly began to rumble from hunger. 'We'd better eat up before they come get us,' he thought to himself. "Hungry?" he turned and asked Emberpaw. "Maybe we should eat a little beforehand."

KESTREL
        i broken souls ii assassin iii grumpy iv underneath a rock v arlo
        xxxWow, Kestrel had forgotten exactly how much he despised the rain. It was horrible - it destroyed every sent and sent all prey into hiding. And it made his fur wet, which he hated with a burning passion. There was little else the brown tabby despised than the uncomfortable wet, heavy feeling during a bout of rain. 'Just kill me,' the tom bemoaned to himself as he laid underneath his shelter, glaring hatefully at the scene in front of him. By the looks of the ugly grey sky, the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon. And even if it did stop, how was he supposed to find food? Well, it wasn't exactly his job given the fact that he wasn't a hunter, but Kestrel couldn't depend on other cats to feed him and Arlo. He only had himself for that.

xxxThe thought of his son made Kestrel's fur prickle with anxiety. His son was just...different than he, which concerned him immensely. He had attempted to fix Arlo's ways when he was but a young kit, but of course Cassie put a stop to it. "Don't change my kit," she scolded Kestrel with a glare. "I love him just the way he is." Kestrel respected that, but the way Arlo was wasn't right. Especially for their lifestyle. Kestrel narrowed his eyes at nothing in particular. Arlo was too soft, gentle, and sensitive. It worried Kestrel; how was his son supposed to make it out here? He couldn't spend his whole life protecting him!

xxxKestrel brushed the thought away with a wave of his tail and resigned to more heavy breathing and tossing dirty glares at the stupid clouds in the sky. There was little else he could do, after all, until the rain cleared up.
Last edited by elfish on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BeetleStream + CinderFrost [2]

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 pm

BeetleStream
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Gender;; Male | Rank;; Warrior | Scent;; Marsh, Dried leaves | Words;; 332| Tagged;; StoneWish, HollyStorm, SootPaw|
    xxxThe black tom's whiskers twitched as he was approached by StoneWish. He looked the tom over, noting his wide eyes and curious gaze. "What's got your tail in a knot?" Queried the tom keeping an even pace with BeetleStream as he walked the rest of the way to camp. "I've never known you to be bothered by a little rain." BeetleStream let out a hearty chuckle; yes if there was a cat in this clan who loved water it would be BeetleStream, his smile faded slightly. "There's more ocean than when we were apprentices" he stated bluntly. He'd overheard it being discussed by HornetStar and the senior warriors a couple weeks back. His stomach grumbled and he flattened his body down in a large stretch. "What's going to happen if the ocean reaches camp?" He stated matter-of-factly as he straightened up. Paws skirted onto the driftwood that connected their dens, heaving his large frame upwards.

xxxLooking back at StoneWish he changed the subject, "Has HollyStorm sent out the patrols yet?" He was hungry and didn't want to tax any fresh-kill they had left from yesterday's hunts. With all the rain fishing would be better than usual, if there was going to be a hunting party he wanted in on it; he supposed it would be a good opportunity for SootPaw as well. He tried to be a good mentor and his experience helping teach quite a few apprentices swimming and climbing techniques gave him a small advantage. Despite this he always seemed to be thinking of himself before his apprentice. He jerked to a stop, head swivelling in an attempt to spot the white she-cat, "where's SootPaw?" He asked himself aloud. Silently he was also searching for the black pelt of HollyStorm; he'd be lying if he said there wasn't feelings in his heart for the current deputy. He wasn't sure just when they had blossomed but laying eyes on the she-cat always made his heart feel just a little bit warmer. -Continued in CinderFrost-

CinderFrost
    Gender;; Female | Rank;; Warrior | Scent;; Petrichor | Words;; 304 | Tagged;; FireLeaf, DaisyPaw, StoneWish, BeetleStream|
    xxxCinderFrost ground her paws into the ground as FireLeaf seemed to be grumpier than usual. She shuffled at the mention of 'again'; yes it wasn't her first time here, she just needed the herbs. "I'd ask if you want to talk about it to perhaps remedy your situation, but my lazy apprentice is still awake," came FireLeaf's reply. CinderFrost eyed the apprentice, eyes dilating at the mention of talking about it. How was she supposed to talk about it? There was no way to sugar coat her situation, at least from where she stood. "I'll go get something for you," spoke FireLeaf, leaving the she-cat alone with the slumbering apprentice. Her eyes softened slightly as she moved closer to the DaisyPaw, dipping her head down to give the apprentice a couple licks. She remembered when BeetleStream was that small; it brought emotions bubbling from her chest that clouded her eyes. She silently cursed herself; imagine if she had let herself fall in love again, she could still have another litter of kits and relive the miracle associated with them.

xxxFireLeaf returned with a couple small berries in her maw. CinderFrost stood to attention listening attentively to what the medicine cat had to say in regards to taking them. "Eat these, It'll calm you down." Without hesitation she chewed the plants down, barely wincing at the taste. "Thank-you FireLeaf" CinderFrost mewed hastily, turning tail to leave the she-cat to her apprentice. Stepping into the open camp she immediately spotted her son, a sparkle in his eyes as looked around camp for someone. Casually she strolled over to her son and StoneWish. "Good morning Beetle" she cooed softly, giving her son a couple licks which he pulled away from, embarrassment shown clearly on his face. "And good morning to you too StoneWish" she greeted more casually.

ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♔ --emberpaw [2]

Postby malesys. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 am

emberpaw
      xlong-furred, pale ginger molly with yellow eyes
      xapprentice | molly | nine moons | apprentice's den | tagged goosepaw, redpaw, gullnose [mentioned]
      ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxEmberpaw twitched her whiskers at Goosepaw's encouraging tone, flicking him with the tip of her tail. "You're right," she mewed. I guess the rain could be worse, she mused. Emberpaw purred at the mention of fish, licking her lips in faux anticipation. "Fish would be a good reward for training," she agreed. It was one of her favorite foods; Goosepaw knew how to appeal to her. Emberpaw continued to stare outside, still flinching at the occasional rain drops that landed a bit too close for her comfort. The gentle patter that filled any silence between the two apprentices, however, was calming, at least, making the rain a bit more appealing and bearable now that she thought about it. Glancing back when she heard movement, Emberpaw watched as Redpaw rolled over, and she took note to lower her voice as to not stir the reddish-brown tom any more than she already had.

xxShe twitched her ears at Goosepaw's request for food. Shuffling her paws, Emberpaw realized that she was a bit hungry after just waking up, and just now she noticed her mentor Gullnose finishing up his own prey in the distance. She eyed the remnants of the tom's mouse and felt a twinge of hunger-induced pain in her stomach. However, the prospect of getting her fur unnecessarily wet didn't quite appeal to her. Emberpaw weighed the pros and cons as she turned her attention to the fresh-kill pile. Well, who said she was the one who had to get the food for them? "Sure, I could go for some fresh-kill," she finally replied. The size of the pile had dwindled over the past couple of days, she noted, with it beginning to rain more often. Some of the more experienced hunters would probably get together and go out on patrol soon. "But you have to go get it - I'm not going out in the rain for anything," she purred, nudging Goosepaw with her paw.

xxTurning her head to look back at Redpaw, careful not to disturb the other apprentices, she added sweetly, "You can join us, if you want, Redpaw." She knew Redpaw liked to keep to himself, but maybe the grumpy tom wouldn't be so isolated if she invited him to share some fresh-kill once in a while.
malesys.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( 02 ) Crowstorm + Redpaw

Postby Arkinhallow » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

↠ CROWSTORM
    ───────────────────────────────────

i. she-cat ii. 28m iii. warrior iv. crush v. scent: lavender.

Crowstorm could tell that Tigermist's thoughts were focused on something else the moment he started talking, and sure enough, he mentioned the tension between their clanmates over the rising tides. He had quite a lot of worry in his voice, which she supposed wasn't surprising. Crowstorm let out a thoughtful "hm". She frowned slightly, not expecting to have to think about such heavy things so early in the morning. But then, it was on everyone's mind these days.

"
    It's a difficult situation," she agreed. Her gaze swept over the camp and her clanmates. "I mean, no one wants to leave, I'm sure. But if it's that or be overtaken by the tide..." she trailed off with a worried tone in her voice. She wasn't quite sure where TIgermist stood on the matter, and she didn't want to say something that might aggravate him. It was a touchy subject for some cats, and Crowstorm knew it was best to avoid further fracturing the clan's strength by causing more arguments and dividing her clanmates. "The problem is just where to go if it turns out we have to move," she said matter-of-factly, thinking about the rogue clan. She lapsed into a thoughtful silence. She knew some cats would rather stay here no matter what. But in her eyes, if it was a choice between drowning in the rising tide and fighting the rogue clan for territory, she knew which path she'd take. She'd rather die in battle, any day.

vi. tags: Tigermist vii. mentions: none.

x

↠ REDPAW

i. tom ii. 9m iii. apprentice iv. crush v. scent: honeysuckle.

Redpaw raised his head quickly at Emberpaw's offer, and looked at her in surprise. Within moments though, he'd hidden his surprise under a scowl. What did she want from him? If she wanted him to fetch her food like she was making Goosepaw do, she could think again. "I'm not hungry," he said coldly, staring suspiciously at her for a moment before turning away from the she-cat. And, of course, his stomach chose that moment to rumble loudly. Redpaw froze, embarrassed, his ears flicking back so they were pinned to his head. Thinking quickly, he decided it would be best if he got away from Emberpaw sooner rather than later. He sensed she'd take the opportunity to call him out on his lie and he wasn't about to wait for that to happen. The tom stood abruptly and strode towards the entrance, pushing past Emberpaw and escaping out into the rain. He slowed momentarily, gazing around in the hope - well, maybe not quite hope - that he would see Owlfang and be able to avoid Emberpaw coming after him.

vi. tags: Emberpaw vii. mentions: Goosepaw, Owlfang
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕'' stonewish (2)

Postby crash the mode » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:56 am

too close!
STONEWISH
WHERE: CAMP
WITH: BEETLESTREAM,
CINDERFROST,
HOLLYSTORM (MENT.)
    indentBeetlestream's explanation fell flat of Stonewish's expectations-- everything did --but if he thought on it for a moment he supposed that it made sense. So it wasn't the rain that was bothering the other, it was the rising tide. With a shake of his head Stonewish returned, "I can't remember what the ocean looked like when we were apprentices, Beetlestream. It just looks the same." To confirm he tossed a look over his shoulder to the shoreline, watching the waves lap at the stones and the sand. He was a bit of an airhead, he knew that. Maybe if he were more observant he would've been able to track the water level, but it'd never concerned him before. It'd never concerned Beetlestream, either, which meant there was reason to believe he was right. "I'm more worried about--" The cats reached the camp once again, and Stonewish watched his companion climb onto the den system, "I mean, I'm not worried about it, but I'd be more worried about the storm making the water throw a fit."

indent"I haven't seen Hollystorm yet, but I think patrols would've needed more cats than have gone from camp." He got the feeling that Beetlestream wasn't really paying much attention to him anymore what with the way he scanned the camp. He didn't seem to notice the approach of his mother, either, leaving him open to parental grooming. Stonewish laughed softly before replying to Cinderfrost. "It's good to see you, I hope the weather hasn't put you off."
crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♕''Driftclan || accepting

Postby agentfourteen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:03 am

𝑠ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑝𝑎𝑤 ☫
female // 8 moons
location; apprentice den
tagged; none
mention; other apprentices
In the back of the apprentice's den, curled up in a corner, lay the small sleeping form of Shellpaw. The voices of her fellow apprentices had finally managed to wake her, and her eyes slowly blinked open to the world. As the youngest among them she usually slept in this spot, which was uncomfortably close to one of the slight gaps in their driftwood den's ceiling, and not always dry. Without looking up, she could hear the slow dripping of water beginning to gather in a small puddle at her back, not enough to soak her yet, but enough to stir her into movement before it would. Sitting up carefully, the molly began to groom her fluffy pelt, knowing the work would be undone pretty much as soon as she'd step outside and the rain and wind got a hold of her. Nevertheless, Shellpaw liked to be presentable, if only for a little while. As she worked she tried to listen to the older apprentices' conversation at the front of the den, but the steady sounds of rain drowned out most of it, and she was left none the wiser. Outside she could hear the rush of the waves and the cries of seagulls circling the camp, a continuous background ambience for life in Driftclan. She liked these sounds; they soothed her, made her feel at home. This and the gentle purring of the other cats often served as her lullaby, carrying her off to a deep slumber almost as soon as she rested her head. Glancing around, she noted that not many of the others had left their sleeping quarters yet, probably held back by the rain, and she decided there was no reason for her to get out either. Though she normally liked to get an early start to the day, taking any chance to get in some extra practice before training commenced, today she saw no need. It would be much more comfortable to stay near her nest, wait until her mentor came to get her. Purring quietly to herself, she finished grooming and laid back down, careful to curl up a little ways from the forming puddle, though perhaps a bit too close to one of the still sleeping apprentices. Tucking her tail neatly over her paws, Shellpaw resigned herself to the wait, hoping that she hadn’t bothered anyone with her movements.
agentfourteen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me