Divided We Stand (A Packs Roleplay, OPEN and ACCEPTING)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: Divided We Stand (A Packs Roleplay, OPEN and ACCEPTING)

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:50 pm

((Found some time and muse to do some more replies, let's see what I can pump out for tonight!))

As the dark form of Clarence could be seen from his peripherals breaking away from the band of wolves, Gemini let his amethyst eyes wander, watching wistfully as his beta moved purposefully towards Saber and the young pup, Skye. She was a handful, and Gemini hardly knew what to do around the youngster, but Clarence and Saber seemed so at home with her. It wasn't quite envy that the alpha felt, seeing the two brutes get along so easily with the little fae, but it was something close anyway. Gemini let out a sigh, before returning his gaze to the moose and, in turn, meeting the stormy gray gaze of Jesse. As Ruby padded past him to the other side of the carcass, Gem sat at the head, shy gaze flicking between the two barons who weren't much more than strangers even now, yet whom he felt as comfortable with as much of his pack. The silence that arose between the group was accented only by the cautious ripping of flesh that Ruby was engaged in.

As she attempted to find an appropriate place to tear into her kill, wondering for once how her actions would affect the creature's pelt, Ruby didn't really notice the curious gaze that the griege foreigner had fixed her with. N'Obi's head was tilted to the side as he watched her carefully dig into the belly, reaching around at a rather uncomfortable angle it seemed. With a flash of understanding, the brute's grin returned, golden eyes flashing to the other two brutes as if wondering if they knew what was going on as well, before finding their way back to Ruby. "If you do not mind my asking," he began, waiting for the fae's unamused amber orbs to flicker in recognition towards him, "This is your kill, if I remember right?"

Ruby's jaw paused its ministrations, her chewing stalled as this bright-eyed brute regarded her as though he knew a special secret, trying hard not to crack a grin in response as she nodded, swallowing her bite with a bit of effort. "Kinda, it's mine and Saber's, we took it down together," she explained, brows lowering to the point that her swollen eye was fully shut once again, reminding her again of her injuries. But making an impression on these brutes didn't matter, making a good impression stopped mattering to the sandy-hued fae a long time ago.

Grin widening with a flash, n'Obi's playful orbs became much more focused, tracing the fae's features and watching a twinge of flushed heat warm the tips of her ears. "I'm sure you'll be wanting to do something with those magnificent antlers then, or this pelt, yes?" he asked, dismissing the other hunter whose name and face were yet unfamiliar to him. This was his chance to prove his worthiness of joining this pack as a crafter, to show the importance of the arts to the incredible fighters around him. Without waiting for an answer, he carried on: "I'm a crafter, you see, and I couldn't help admiring this fellow's impressive rack - if you'd let me, I'd like to honor them by putting them to use in one of my creations."

Jaw agape, not having expected such a reaction, Ruby felt her blush creep along her cheeks now as the stranger - n'Obi? - openly admired her kill, offering to help with exactly what she'd been contemplating how to do. "Well uh, yeah I guess. I mean, I'd have to talk to Saber and see if he wants any of it, but I've been thinking about using the antlers myself. Maybe as decorations in my den or something..."

*~WolfSoul~* wrote:A strengthened dance of satisfied, coyly amused light in Acadia’s distant expression lent a heat to the depths of her eyes as Lia leaned close. The dark-eyed dove knew that no amount of sniffing would reveal any clue to her origins, not even the warm, ruffling red fur of her fiery chest. She was yet the perfect picture of ease compared to the electric interest that radiated from Lia; her gaze was hooded with lowered lids, yet her eyes were still sharp and focused, the faintest hint of a smirk was aloof and evanescent. “No, it certainly never did,” she answered Lia when the soft dove concluded, by her scent, that she was not part of a pack. “Still,” she murmured thoughtfully, tilting the lean curve of her neck just so, “company is a nice commodity from time to time.”
Letting her words linger in the fresh mountain air for a moment, Acadia let her gaze settle again on the bright green of Lia’s eyes. “Do you visit your sisters because you get lonely?” She asked, either giving no thought whatsoever to personal privacy or, at least, being aware of it and still not caring.

Company is a nice commodity from time to time... The loner fae's words echoed about Lia's head for a moment, the white dove holding her tongue as suggestive ideas to ease the quiet beauty's loneliness went unspoken in the open mountain air. Somehow, despite the magnetism she felt like a coil tying them in tandem, Lia didn't think a line like that would be appreciated. Luckily, her second statement gave more ample ground for the fae to grasp at, sobering noticeably at the mention of her sisters. Nothing was secret anymore it seemed, nor had it been from the beginning. A twinkle of openness shone from behind a fringe of black lashes before emerald orbs made their way back up the inclining slope of the mountain, as if searching out her kin despite the distance between them. "No," she murmured, breathy voice lowered as if imparting a great secret - Lia wasn't often lonely, that much was true. "I visit because.. I worry," she admitted, ears flicking back bashfully. "They make a big show of independence and optimism, but really, they need me." Not a trace of conceit or arrogance could be detected in the statement, though the wry glint in her eyes as she returned her gaze to the stranger wasn't as sure as it might have been discussing any other subject.

((Oh wow, I think that's all I owe actually.. never thought I'd be able to catch up ^^ If I am missing anything, let me know))
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:44 am

Abaddon’s eyes gleamed just a faintly brighter amber, the only sign of his mild amusement as he watched young Hamish fib lightly to his sister. The senior delta maintained a perfectly controlled expression, no quirk of his lips betraying the pup’s white lie.
“I’m sure that I will,” Abaddon replied to Hamish, the deep tones of his voice bordering on gentle. The senior delta was not well versed on interacting with particularly young wolves, but had the sense to know that appearing amiable towards them was good for maintaining a more benevolent aura. Besides, if Abaddon had to admit it – he didn’t quite have a fondness for the pup, but a hesitance to harm him. He was vaguely interested to see the young wolf grow up, and Abaddon wouldn’t want to interfere or make trouble while Phaedrus was still guiding the young baron.
“The refreshments at these parties are always delightful, and I don’t believe your sister is capable of disappointing,” Abaddon added, with a kindly dip of his chin in Elia’s direction. It was just flattery, doling out compliments for the sake of appearing kind, but Abaddon was so well schooled that as always, it was impossible to tell that he might not believe his own words.

( And I think I'll leave Jesse until I can figure out what to do with him)

Edit:
Dark, rich eyes stayed anchored patiently to Lia’s face while she spoke, the pale dove’s gaze and ears flickering with what appeared to be some kind of nervousness. There was a brief pause as the two dove’s locked gazes, in which Acadia gave a whimsical blink accompanied by a faint tilt of her head. “Hmm,” the mottled loner gave a thoughtful, musical little hum as she eyed the dove before her. In truth it was a remarkably unfamiliar sentiment to Acadia – to be needed by, and to need others. Even – especially – siblings. “And do you need them in return?” She asked, her voice an even, faintly enigmatic alto. The question was prying, especially considering the two doves were relative strangers, but Acadia had little care for what might be appropriate and the soft husk of her voice made even startling words seem less affronting, somehow. She wondered what Lia’s siblings needed her for, and what the independent fae might get from spending time with them.
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:31 pm

((Pushing through the block to get Lia out))

Lips pursed tight against pearly teeth as Lia was hit with the question of whether or not she needed her sisters in return. The idea of needing someone was unappealing, to say the least, and yet the idea of life without Lilith or even Tanga was even less appealing; not to mention it physically pained her to think she may never see her dear twin again. "I could survive without them," she murmured, decidedly, even as the words caused a sharp ache in her chest. "But I don't think I'd want to very much. I think a life without their occasional company would feel hollow, in a way." Lia's gaze returned to the mahogany jewels that Acadia had turned onto her, realizing then that she had bared herself entirely too openly to this handsome stranger. She shifted a paw closer to the fae, shielding her gaze somewhat beneath dark lashes as she was now nearly close enough to feel the other wolf's breath against her skin, forcing a tiny, playful grin. "Though I'm sure you could distract me from that hollowness for a little while, if you were so inclined."
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Tue May 09, 2017 1:25 am

"Clarence!"

The tall beta's intense gaze was drawn instantly to the picture of Skye and Saber at play across the camp. Young Skye's ears brushed the ground as she spilled over the line of Saber's muscled forelegs, a sight comical enough to draw a bark of a laugh from Clarence's throat. He met Saber's steady gaze a moment later and let his dark features relax into a true smile for the first time in what felt like forever. He hadn't realized how long it had been since he'd truly smiled until he noticed the telltale ache from within his face. Skye's face popped up beside the head hunter's, her eager gaze glittering in the light.
The past weeks had been pleasantly different with a pup in the pack. Skye brought a certain youthful energy to every interaction; it reminded Clarence, in a way, of how young Quinn had been before she began to be increasingly cautious of how some of the older wolves in the pack might think of her. Clarence hadn't missed how the headstrong young warrior tended to idolize him, while at the same time he knew even the slightest reference to that knowledge would surely embarrass Quinn greatly. He would wait to see whether this newfound breath of reticence would fade as Quinn became more sure of herself once more, or whether it would only strengthen. But he couldn't help but hope it would be the former.

This was Skye though, and she was filled with a unfettered, infectious joy that couldn't help but spark the same in Clarence's guarded heart. He matched his sharp gaze to the pup's, narrowing his eyes slightly as he padded closer to the two wolves. "If you can scare someone as big and tough as Saber, I think the forest creatures will have cause to fear in no time at all," he told the young pup gravely, his countenance mock-serious even though he was unable to keep a glitter of amusement from his eyes.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Wed May 10, 2017 7:31 am

Skye’s squirrelish frame puffed up at Clarence’s words of praise, her narrow chest pushing out as her tail, still youthfully stumpy, waved high. Pearly, needle-point teeth gleamed in a sunshiney grin as she hopped nearer to the beta. The pup dipped her chest to the ground in a play bow, backside wiggling as yellow-flecked eyes zeroed in on Clarence’s paw. “One day I’ll even scare you!” She promised, and with this, Skye bounded forward, landing right at the beta’s toes – perhaps too close, as she had no room to slow herself, and tumbled onto her side with a little puff of dirt. Undeterred, the pup’s forelegs wrapped around Clarence’s ankle as she twisted playfully on the ground to nip at the dark fur of the beta’s foreleg. Her tail thumped around in the dirt as her back legs flailed, a miniature growl muffled against her mouthful of fur.

Watching from just a short distance away, Saber felt a warm smile curl across his face, feeling himself relax and breathe deep in a way he had not allowed himself for some time. A thunder-deep chuckle rumbled gently from his chest as Skye gnawed playfully at the beta’s foreleg. Skye, for her part, froze her tornado-like wrestle with Clarence’s paw at the sound of Saber’s laugh, eyes flicking to meet the amused gaze of the hunter and promptly springing up, pleased to have earned a reaction.

Skye bounced between the two large barons, pausing to glance toward the small gathering of wolves at the kill pile at the other end of camp, tail wiggling with stirring mischief. “I bet I could scare the new guys!” she decided suddenly, twisting on her toes to take off, only to be promptly pulled back by a large paw as Saber scooped her toward him.

“I don’t think so,” he murmured, stern but gentle, still light. Perhaps n’Obi would react well to a pup’s playfulness, but the second brute exuded a particularly skittish air. Saber would rather not risk it either way. Skye promptly gave the head hunter a disgruntled pout, but when his benevolent smirk belied no sympathy, she turned her imploring pout on Clarence instead.

((Getting back into the rhythm of writing; Acadia coming soon I hope))
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm

N'Obi's grin widened, as the battered golden fae confirmed his suspicions, reaching over to press a paw to her uninjured shoulder regardless of the careful flinch her body gave at his approach. "I'll find something spectacular to do with them, don't you worry - they'll be much more than simple decoration!" the brute positively gushed, smile shining like the sun. It was all Ruby could manage to nod and mumble something about arranging it with Saber later before stuffing her maw with more carefully acquired meat.

The foreign crafter was used to strangers getting a bit shy at his advances, retracting his extended paw and leaning back on his haunches, sated for now. He glanced to the side, over the low shoulders of the oddly petite alpha and to the snowy white loner on the other side. He might have looked plain in all honesty, were it not for his massive size and impressive array of scars; another exotic oddity. Pretty much everyone n'Obi had met in this pack seemed slightly different from one another, in the way that they were built, the way they spoke, carried themselves - from what Lilu had told him it was a long-established pack, yet there was little conformity in the members he'd met so far. And even with the pack's incoherence, this loner was even still more different than the others. He caught the battle-worn brute's stormy eyes, his own sunshine orbs flashing in unspoken interest. "I don't believe we've been acquainted," he chuckled, raising a brow jovially.

((oh man am I out of practice or what))
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Jesse was more or less lost in his own rigid discomfort, standing mutely now that he'd had his fill from the fresh meat and trying his best to be as minimally imposing as his large size and bright color would allow. A sideways glance happened to catch a warm yellow gaze looking right at him, Jesse's chin checking just a little sharply to the side as he corrected the tilt of his head to meet the other brute's gaze. Flat grey met slanted, playful yellow as the grey brute spoke to him.
Jesse's first instinctive response was a deep grunt of acknowledgement, eyeing the baron on the other side of Gemini for a heartbeat before giving a nod. "I'm Jesse. I'm..just passing through." The white baron was always reserved around strangers, though he usually managed to come off as wary rather than rude or disinterested. Gemini's body served as a kind of barrier between the two larger brutes anyway, a physical manifestation of the distance Jesse tended to keep when interacting with others. He believed he could sense, though, that this baron was unlikely to cause him any trouble - friendly as he seemed - and schooled his face to relax minutely into something smoother and less standoffish than a moment before. The pink of his inner ears perked forward to catch the husky sound of the other brute's voice and chuckle.

(me too, buddy, me too)
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 pm

"Ah, what a shame - there's something captivating about the trees here, wouldn't you say?" n'Obi shrugged, eyes squinting shut with his smile. Seemed he would be the only newcomer soon enough, if this Jesse was going to be on his way in a hurry. What a shame, really. "I don't think they cater well to passers-by. My name is n'Obi, by the way," he added, remembering that Lilu, and now Jesse, had both introduced themselves with only their personal names and not their titles. It seemed to be the norm outside his tribe, best learn to adopt it now. "Do you plan on staying for this festival at least? Seems far too interesting to pass up, even for a nomad such as yourself."

While he'd remained a silent border between the two beefy brutes at his sides, Gemini's ears gave an unconscious twitch forward as n'Obi mentioned the full moon festival. His chewing slowed, remembering how he'd wanted to bring some meat for the gathering; with so much of his pack injured though, the odds of accomplishing that goal didn't look too good. He sighed audibly, lost in thought and reaching forward for another bite - there was no use saving it, the moose would be fully devoured by the time they got to the gathering anyways. Maybe they could hunt something when they got there, surely the Mountain pack could bolster their own ranks with the few healthy warriors that remained.

((heckin short reply))
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:27 am

"Mm," came Jesse's dubious grunt in reply, squinting up at the trees with the faintest curl to his lip. He cast a sidelong glance in n'Obi's direction, his lack of appreciation for the forest's countless trees written over his face. "Maybe not. I like seeing the sky." The whisper of a half-sheepish smile curled Jesse's lip for a moment, their differing opinions on the forest clear. The scarred brute gave a dip of his chin though at n'Obi's telling of his name, catching the other brute's gaze squarely for a moment as he committed it to memory, stormy grey eyes meeting warm, inviting ochre.
The grey baron's second question was met with another nod, "I think I'll be accompanying everyone to the festival and leaving from there. It does sound..interesting." Jesse eyed the baron again, trying not to look too dubious; his own interest was only in continuing his search and keeping on the move, but this cheerful wolf seemed quite different from him - genuinely excited by the idea of all those strangers. This baron was quite different from himself.

(short reply as well, im quite rusty lol)
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:05 am

Broad ears flicked to the side as a distant echo of some great predators roar found its way into camp, momentarily snagging n'Obi's attention; the sky was the least of his concerns, curiosity practically pulsing through his veins as the rest of the camp seemed to continue on as usual. Back home, hearing another predator in their territory would have been cause to send a party of warriors to deal with it, but here? Here, in this forest that seemed both sheltered and caging, the sounds of dangerous foes were simply part of the deal. An incredulous laugh slipped past his lips at the absurdity of it all. "Are you planning on seeing the other packs from there on out? Or are you looking for something in particular?" he asked, wondering for just a moment if it might be fun for him to see the other groups that this one kept in their company - surely one strange pack would ally itself with others that are equally distinct? But there was still so much to be learned here, it seemed a waste to flit off somewhere else when he'd hardly seen any of the forest. He would have the chance to see them another time, surely; for now, stories would have to suffice.
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me