it's where my 𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘 hide.

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

it's where my 𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘 hide.

Postby amygdala. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 am

THE PLOT!
───────────────
long after the death of lyra
the world has been dominat
ed by the Magisterium once
again. yet this time they ar
e much stricter. all aspects
of people's lives must be d
ocumented. however there
is a more and more rebel a
ctivity at large. the resurfa
cing of the wonderful aleth
iometer has spiked a great
hope amongst the citizens.
a gang of young people ha
ve decided enough is enou
gh are are slowly rebelling
however is the freedom tr
uly worth the torture they
will endure if caught.
──────────────────────────────
the gang - having had enough of the stupid rules put
in place by the Magisterium. they have formed a secret
rebel alliance. with the backing of the gyptians, they d
evise a plan in order to over throw the corrupt church.
(all cs rules apply & discussion/forms)

Last edited by amygdala. on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
amygdala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amygdala. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am

`
`
an alethiometer is a small, gold-coloured,
compass-like device that has a single, sim
ple, use: to tell the truth. it can reveal an
y truth and can answer any question when
properly manipulated; the alethiometer h
arnesses Dust to produce its knowledge. It
s name is aletheia ”truth” + -ometer” mea
suring device”. the last known owner of su
ch a device was lyra silvertongue. well that
is until now. one of the six said to be desro
yed has resurfaced. a group of rebel youngs
ters must risk everything in order to disobey

Dust came into being when living things bec
ame conscious of themselves; but it needed
some feedback system to reinforce it and m
ake it safe, without something like that, it
would all vanish. Thought, imagination, fee
ling, would all wither and blow away, leavin
g nothing but a brutish automatism; and tha
t brief period when life was conscious of it s
elf would flicker out like a candle in every o
ne of the billions of worlds where it had
burned brightly.

thou shalt be .``.`
subject to dust .```

dæmons are the external physical manif
estation of a person's 'inner-self' that tak
es the form of an animal. dæmons have
human intelligence, are capable of huma
n speech—regardless of the form they ta
ke—and usually behave as though they a
re independent of their humans. childre
n's dæmons can change form voluntarily,
during their adolescence a person's dæm
on undergoes "settling", that person's dæ
mon permanently and involuntarily assu
mes the most suited form for it's human.
Last edited by amygdala. on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
amygdala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

characters. i

Postby amygdala. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:50 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE GYPTIAN—
being used to living in large group
s, the gyptian is accustomed to be
ing on the move, seeing as his eth
nic group are water-travellers.
seeing as he is the son of the gyp
tian king, he tends to command t
he youngsters. essentially the dad
daemon; husky mix
user; recklessgod

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE LORD'S SON—
being the son of a lord is hard wor
k. this young man has had the best
education of the lot and is therefo
re the strategist of the group. he
devises the plans. with the help
of the alethiometer of course. he
can be a little cold at times.
daemon; lynx
user; younghaunting

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—SHADOW DWELLER—
this poor baby was born in the str
eets, however she uses it to her a
dvantages. she is the most street
wise of the group and is rather go
od at stealing, slinking around un
detected due to years of perfecti
ng her skills. prefers being alone.
daemon;
user; eggos.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE TRAITOR—
this poor lad happens to be the so
n of a member of the Magisterium
however he disagrees with what t
hey are doing and deflected to th
e rebel side. he is met with suspi
cion and not trusted but this does
n't stop him being a sweet person
daemon; golden retriever
user; utena

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE ALETHIOMETER—
this unfortunate soul did not ask t
o bare the weight of an oppressed
nation on her shoulders. she inher
ited the alethiometer from her gr
andfather, along with a note on h
ow to use it. she raised hope. how
ever it's not long before she's found.
daemon; fennec fox
user; reine.lilou

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE WITCH—
she is used to roaming the skies w
ith her clan, but ever since the M
agisterium rose to power, they re
stricted the witches territory. thi
s has enraged the clans. when th
ey heard of a rebel group forming
the leader sent her child to join.
daemon; verreaux's eagle
user; daices.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by amygdala. on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
amygdala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

characters. ii

Postby amygdala. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE BEAR—
reckless and brutish, the member
was raised by the panserbjørn. ak
a the ice bears after being aband
oned as a child. however he is ab
le to function as a normal being a
nd speaks good english due to the
bears. he pities the weaker mute.
daemon; polar bear
user; inky.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE MUTE—
this cinnamon bun was born with
the ability to speak, however she
does not. well not to anyone asid
es the bear. which baffles the gro
up seeing as he is the least amiab
le of them all. however the two h
ave formed quite a close-ish bond.
daemon; red mink
user; distressed_piglet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
—THE JOKER—
and of course, every group is not
complete without the joker. he is
the comic relief to quite a stresse
d out situation. he is the one to go
to if you need to relax as he'll just
crack jokes and make you laugh.
you might even get a massage.
daemon; kookaburra
user; Grieve.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
Last edited by amygdala. on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
amygdala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amygdala. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 am

──────────── ↪( OPEN/CLOSED!! ─────────
amygdala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i. lilou & asriel

Postby amygdala. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:22 am

𝕃𝕀𝕃𝕆𝕌
    xxx( title: the alethiometre )( daemon: fennec fox; asriel )( mood: content ) ( location: wandering ) ( tags: the gang )

ever since she was a little girl, lilou had so much faith in the world. she had insisted that a map of the world be put up on the ceiling. it was still there. she hadn’t noticed that in a long time. there was a time she’d go to sleep looking at it, thinking of all the places she wanted to visit. she’d wake up and take her time in the bed, tracing the contours of the country borders with her eyes. now, it was just an ugly mess of pastel colours that greeted her every time she opened her eyes, it just reminded her of the power the magisterium had over simple folk like her. one night, her anger took over her so she stood on the bed and touched the icy cold map. she knew was that something about that map was off. and that was something she couldn’t stand. she grabbed the edges of the paper map and ripped it off the ceiling. tears dripping down furiously as she did so. scraps of the now damn map fell to the ground, but she wouldn’t rest until every part of the world had been torn apart and thrown onto the ground. that was the starting point. that very night she opened the draw that she hid the alethiometer away, she knew the magisterium would come looking for it one day as it was the only glimmer of hope that the world as they know it could be restored him their devilish grips. lilou knew she'd be a symbol of hope for the nation so she had to keep this quiet, yet there were still whispers and rumours that an alethiometer had been saved from destruction.

a loud sound was audible from behind lilou, a rush of panic forced her to pick up the pace. she weaved in and out of streets, asriel leading the way. a large, flickering light that erected feet away from the mailbox seemed to deter just about everybody on the block, even the realtors. something lurked in the shadows of that house, it was as if the house itself had carried its own energy. like dust was trapped inside of the building. it was rundown and ugly. lilou stepped towards it, immediately asriel made a noise. one she had never heard before, instead of being way in front of her and inquisitive as he usually was, he hid behind her legs. the girl bent down to comfort asriel, pulling him into her arms before standing up again. "that's it asriel, that's where we can hide." she spoke comforting him. "i'm not sure it's a good idea." he quipped back but lilou shrugged it off and headed towards the apocalyptic style shack/house.

amygdala.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Halcyon & Pierrot, I

Postby Grieve. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Halcyon Lunaire
    "Noi! Hail the royal fool!"
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    tagged with; everyone location; It really doesn't matter, does it? daemon; Pierrot, the Kookaburra

Halcyon was the scourge of the Taymyr clan. His father dropped off the face of the earth under strange circumstances long before his birth. His mother expected a daughter to carry on the legacy of the Taymyr but was profoundly discontented to find out she would give birth to a human boy. As a result, he was often neglected, and scorned by his mother during his childhood. The only means of salvation he had was in the form of his childhood friend, Cassandra Beauregard. She would often comfort him, while at the same time, distracted him from the gravity of his existence within the clan. A talented witch she would become, he was grateful to know someone as amazing as her, and would continue to do so even now.

Halcyon could no longer stand to be any where near the witches of the Taymyr. On a moonless night, with eyes burning of resentment and rage, he disowned his mother and vanished. During those turbulent years with the clan, Pierrot solely took the form of a caterpillar, until she metamorphosed into a swallowtail butterfly. Eventually, with his leave, Pierrot settled permanently into a Laughing kookaburra. His former clan all had some sort of bird of prey as their daemon, and Halcyon found it right that his daemon would forever be a reminder of his ineptitude. But with his freedom from expectations, he was finally able to accept the type of person he was. He eventually found his best friend, Lilou Danneau, one way or another, and became devoted to her and her mission to bring down the Magisterium.

And here he was; slinking through the streets and then realizing with foolishness that he had nothing to really hide from. Or did he? He was sure no one knew that he was in a cohort with a few rebels. He chuckled to himself. So when he finally spotted Lilou heading towards that little shack, he dropped down from his hiding spot and landed with Pierrot swooping in to land on his shoulder. "A hovel! A dump! Iet's not stay here, chump!" The kookaburra bristled its feathers with amusement but Halcyon simply scolded the bird-brain. "If you keep talking, I'm going to make you sleep outside. It's just a fixer-upper is all. It's a great time to do some interior decorating...and maybe some exterior decorating too." He snickered and caught up to his best friend. "Ah, Lilou! What a pleasant surprise to see you here!" His words were contradictory because they had planned out their daring escapade before hand.
    Grieve.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

alice + barnaby (01.)

Postby eggos. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:08 pm

alice brownstone — ✧
      ( shadow dweller ) ( who cares about location?? ) ( with everybody ) ( barnaby the tanuki )
      ever since alice was a small girl, she learned at least three lessons about the real world. alice lived by them and worshipped them. and yet, she found herself altering them so easily. one; survival of the fittest. altered. two; trust no one. altered. three; never get caught. well...the last one she'll admit she never really changed. the girl was tough, she would gladly prove it to anybody who dare say otherwise. alice wouldn't day she had a tragic past. it was downing, sure. but not a sob story. besides, alice hated pity. alice grew up in the shadows of her camps through her teens. she stayed low and quiet. finding her enjoyment and stealing and getting into trouble. she always found thrill in dangerous times. her daemon would always complain she was a lunatic. the golden days, she would call them now. days she wished she could go back to. before all this mess. with the magisterium and all. to be fair, alice didn't give any cares. at all, generally. she avoided most people and laws regardless, so it had no negative impact. now that she realizes, she didn't have a set reason for being in her little gang. of course, alice never liked the church and their strict rules. as long as they weren't affecting her, she could lie back and not give a damn. she's grown distant, but attached to the members of their rebel group. the thrill, she reminded herself.

she found herself here now, leaning against the building across the street of their meeting point, staring with a solemn aura. barnaby, her faithful raccoon dog daemon, was at her feet, gaze confused and a little distrustful. "so, this is our rendezvous point?" her daemon asked, looking up at her. alice made a light grunting noise. she stood, running a hand through her short hair. "guess so. why, you scared?" she teased for a moment. barnaby flicked his ear and shrugged whilst looking the other way. "just saying...it seems very sketchy, alice." alice glanced across the street, and walked towards the run down shack where two members of he group already were at. barnaby hastily followed after her. "you just told a sketchy character that a place where they're meeting other people is sketchy." she said. the tanuki huffed at her, but said nothing as she slowed her pace once she came near behind one of the group members. alice blinked for a moment. halcyon, she recalled his name. her gaze slid over to lilou, who was the owner of the infamous alethiometre. when they first met, alice might have joked she would steal it but for what purpose would it serve? she gave a small nod of semi-respectful greeting.
    eggos.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: it's where my 𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘 hide.

Postby distressed_piglet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

╔═══════════╗

Chloé Patterson
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    the mute//19//cis female
    bisexual//risu the minx//tags: everyone
    x

╚═══════════╝
    Chloé made her way down the streets, looking for the house Lilou had mentioned they would meet at. She glanced at her daemon, Risu, giving him a questioning look. Was she really ready to live with several other people? She would have to talk to them at least sometime during their adventures. When was the last time she had spoken more than one sentence to another human? Chloé honestly couldn't remember. The only other human she actually spoke to on a regular basis was Nathan. He was the only thing that kept her vocal chords from shriveling up and forever never working again. Well, save for her companion Risu. As if thinking of him, her daemon gave her a small squeak and nuzzled against her collar bone. She smiled slightly. His little squeak was his way of acknowledging Chloé's anxiety. She looked down at the minx, rubbing his small head with two of her fingers. The little red ball of fur softly chirped. She had learned over time that his series of chirps were similar to cats purring. She never understood how she has acquired such a loving and playful daemon. If anything, she was the exact opposite. She could never imagine her life with a different creature as her daemon. Risu was her other half, and she loved him dearly.

Bringing her thoughts back to reality, Chloé ushered Risu back to hiding in her jacket. Anxiety clawed at her lungs, causing a pressure to form in her chest. She wasn't sure if she could really do this. Just the fact that she would have to talk was enough to make her turn the other way. Forget all of the other danger they could be putting themselves into. As if to make the final decision, she saw the abandoned house that Lilou was describing. There was no backing down now. With one deep sigh, she pushed herself to walk into the house. She noticed there were a few other in the house as well. She knew their names, but at the moment her brain was clouded. She grabbed the hem of her jacket, pulling it up to her mouth. Risu quickly climbed out of her jacket, popping up near her face.
    "You need to relax Chloé. You've already met these people. It's not like they are total strangers." Chloé gave a strained smile. 'Not total strangers, they were all just the right mix of acquaintance and friend- or enemy in some cases ( though could she really call any of them her friends?)- to make it worse than being a stranger.'
    distressed_piglet

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: it's where my 𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖘 hide.

Postby daices. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:07 am

・CASSANDRA・
    -------------------------------------------------------
    First Day Back

Age; 20
    Role; The Witch
    Daemon; Elliot the eagle
    Tagged; Everyone
    And the Demons Keep Calling
    Cassandra squinted against the wind blowing against her face, her branch of cloud pine clutched in one hand as she flew towards the designated meeting point. Elliot cruised next to her, giving small warbles of displeasure at the speed they were traveling. But this was a meeting that Cassandra didn't want to be late to. A hand subconsciously went for her new earring, dangling with a downy white feather; a parting gift, a blessing from her mother, a feather from her mother's black-winged kite. Cassandra supposes that was where she remained different from most of the others; she had left with the full support of her clan behind her. Indeed, her heart went out to those that had been forced to run, or were hurt against the system that resided over them. Truthfully, she wouldn't even have accepted this mission -she was a bit too pacifist to enjoy leading a rebellion of sorts- but her want for justice and better conditions for those unfortunate enough to lack them won over in the end. She patted the pack at her side for assurance; hopefully, it was enough for now.

Landing with a soft thud, Cassandra gave Elliot a comforting scratch on his head as he alighted on her shoulder. Slinging her cloud pine branch over her shoulder, Cassandra adjusted the ruby cloak around her shoulders, making sure she looked presentable (or at least not entirely disheveled and windblown) before heading towards the rundown cottage. Slowly opening the door, Cassandra smiled at the members that had arrived. "Hello, friends." She murmured, giving everyone a small smile. "I hope everyone arrived alright?" She questioned, already beginning to worry and fuss like a mother hen. As she stepped in, the eagle on her shoulder gave a sharp whistle before suddenly flapping his wings and flitting through the opening in the door before she had a chance to shut the door. Flinching at the wings clipping her head and messing with her already windblown hair. "Ah... Apologies. Um... Don't worry about him, he'll be back, he's just not quite a fan of... Certain situations." Cassandra had to change her sentence halfway through; there was no way to say hovel or rundown shack in a polite way, even if she knew that their unique situations made meeting anywhere else entirely inconvenient.
    daices.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me