‘ ✶ ° ━━ road trip rivals!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

‘ ✶ ° ━━ 001!

Postby yves » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 pm

XX MARISOL GARCIA
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    gayROLE: the night owlgayTAGGED: mila, daisy and kaelagayLOCATION: des moines, iowagayWORD COUNT: 1,083
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

tonight was the night. it was going to be a summer to remember.
    TRIS inked skies of vermilion and rosé shades draped every horizon as night drew ever nearer. beneath the reds and pinks of the early evening, four girls could be seen laughing and indulged in endless, lighthearted chatter─all while they spilt from des moines' largest mall, hands laden with almost overfilling shopping bags. cramming into a bright red─and evidently very well-maintained─convertible, the quartet piled in one by one and began to head off for, by the looks of it, the wealthier side of the neighbourhood.
    TRIS the four girls that were crowned the reigning populars of larkin high school. the girls who had the most power among the social hierarchy of the cruel regime known as high school, which was purely a social competition to many. yet their reputation and constant upkeep of a perfect façade were no longer as needed, especially not now since they all graduated from their senior year. marisol specifically, although she had taken a couple of ap classes and miraculously passed, had no clue in the slightest of what career she would pursue for the rest of her life, and subsequently decided that a gap year would simply be best. maybe she'd go to uni afterwards, but at that point in time, mari thought taking a year away from education might be beneficial to simply think things through.
    TRIS the years of coming dangerously close to succumbing to the pressure─of both schoolwork and social status─was truly worth it, in the end, the latina concluded silently as their detour around their hometown one last time came to a close. larkin's queen bee, mila davenport, pulled up into her garage of her family's large, extravagant house. moonlight reflecting magnificently upon the polished scarlet surface of the convertible, mari briskly joined the others upon exiting the car in unison with their minds set on only gathering their necessary belongings for the trip to come.
    TRIS it was eleven thirty at night and, although mari had adjusted to merely sleeping five hours every night give or take, the female still required several coffees just to give her a caffeine boost because practically running around the mall shopping and hastily packing bags can get exhausting after a while. returning from mila's mansion for what must have been the third time, the final contribution of their luggage rendered the trunk almost jam-packed─so much so that mari struggled to force the door to close. a grin crept upon glossy scarlet lips and warm coffee-brown optics trailed from the convertible's rear towards the car doors, which mari pursued the trace of her gaze to open the rear right-hand door.
    TRIS sure, perhaps she was a little pissed that kaela called shotgun before mari even had the chance to open her mouth, but there wasn't a point in complaining: “ya snooze, ya lose─right?” which was what mari had scolded herself with already. the female slipped inside the car, positioning herself in the pale leather seat of the back and getting herself comfortable. adjusting the tan beret atop mari's dark brown curls held in tight ringlets, she relaxed her shoulders at last, leaning her head back against the headrest, gazing up at the pitch black night sky, completely lost in a reverie. while the last few jobs that needed finishing before they set off, the atmosphere was plunged into a darkness; once mari clipped her seat belt in, she occupied herself to pass the time by aimlessly browsing her social media feeds, despite the lack of activity at way past midnight. at last, mila took her seat behind the wheel and, less than a minute later, daisy joined mari in the back. within minutes, the wait finally became worth it: the headlights illuminated the garage, which gradually shrunk as the convertible reversed onto the road. mari released an excited cheer from her lips, the rest of her three friends joining in as mila drove down the avenue, twisting and turning until they left the neighbourhood behind.
    TRIS a starless sky formed a blanket above them as they drove through the residential neighbourhoods of des moines, seemingly devoid of any life and pitch black (except the car's bright headlights shimmering on the tarmac and road ahead) at this time of night─or, rather, one o'clock in the morning. that was the pure thrill of driving at night, let alone traffic being nonexistent. the surroundings were silent enough for the loud screeching of a vehicle round a nearby corner to reach mari's ears, her head instinctively jerking around to the source of the noise: an old, dusty van steering cautiously and somewhat dangerously along the road of the neighbourhood, clearly sticking out like a sore thumb among the massive houses down the road. attempting to gain a closer look at the driver, mari noticed it had also piqued kaela's interest. as the van curved around a turning the convertible had just surpassed, mari was just about able to make out a male figure in the driver's seat; however, whoever that was, she could not grasp a closer look.
    TRIS mari exchanged a questionable glance with kaela, but simply eased back into her seat once again, the switch-on of the car radio igniting a conversation between the best friends. among the girls excitedly discussing the locations they desired to visit most, mari switched over to a spotify playlist curated by herself the previously, quickly requesting if she could play it in place of the whatever was blaring on the radio. with her phone connected via bluetooth in a few seconds, the playlist automatically started with the upbeat guitar riff of “miracle” by paramore.
    TRIS until they approached and came to a halt at a red light at a junction (where the traffic was beginning to thicken out a little, what with the late-nighters) mari rest her head upon the window while the convertible's roof was up, simply sitting their and allowing the music to flood into her system. but the dirty, dented van came into view as they stopped at the lights─and it halted right behind them, so it was clearly visible in the rear-view mirror that mari just about caught a glimpse of. yet mari only shrugged this off as a blatant coincidence as the neon green light illuminated and signalled go. it was only a coincidence, even if the van was still tailing them as they drove through the junction.
    TRIS nothing was getting between them and their trip of a lifetime across the states. absolutely nothing.

gayOUT OF CHARACTER: while i was procrastinating i made the playlist on spotify, while adding a few songs if that's okay? it may or m-gay
    gayay not be the very same playlist that marisol connected up to play in the car. who am i kidding? of course it is. here is the link!
yves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ ✶ ° ━━ #1

Postby yanyeos » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 pm

(KELLY JAMESON)
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Role: the comedian // Tagged: the outsiders // Location: Des Moines // Mood: Sleepy/excited // Word count: 1,018

First thing to note about one Kelly Jameson was that he was constantly in a state of wow I'm gay. Which is the reason why he was laying on his bed at eleven pm looking at the pretty boys on pintrest. This was a rather common occurrence when Kelly wasn't really doing much with his life and feeling (not that he would admit) lonely. Second thing to note about one Kelly Jameson was that without people around, he was perhaps the most tired and depressed looking person you could find this side of the hemisphere. That was because he lived off social interaction, and without it he was just sorta... empty. It was a gnawing feeling at his insides that could only be cured by attention. Kelly loved attention. It could cure every ailment he had without fail.
No attention made him feel sick.
Summer had begun, and where were his friends. He and the other self proclaimed "outsiders" should be spending every last minute of this precious gap between high school and the dreaded college together. It was important. Probably the most important thing after getting into college, which Kelly had managed to do with major financial aid attached. Next year he was going to Austin Texas for film school, and leaving Iowa behind in the dust. And good riddance too. Des Moines was beginning to drive Kelly insane.
Suddenly without warning, Kelly's phone gave a violent buzz and out of pure surprise, Kelly dropped it. His positioning wasn't ideal. Lying on your back with your phone held above your face + getting scared and dropping it + gravity = a hard object dive bombing right at your eye. The phone's corner slammed straight into Kelly's, thankfully, closed eye with some force behind it. Letting out a muffled grunt, Kelly rolled off his bed and fell to the floor. His phone fell with him, landing face up on the hardwood floor that decorated Kelly's abode. He rolled around for a little bit, hands over his eye, before curiosity out of who texted him made it so he reached for his phone.

To those losers (group chat): You know what, let's do it. I wanna spend time with you nerds before college

Jeans were a necessity. Shorts too. He needed like 6 shirts or something. Ahhhhh. The text from Dusty had left Kelly's head spinning and anxiety raging. Soon his duffel bag was full of kaki shorts, sweatpants, underwear, socks, and shirts, and he was wearing a Pink Floyd sweatshirt and some cargo pants. Everything was peachy. Kelly wasn't even worried about it... until the prospect of money appeared in Kelly's head. "Shoot."
So Kelly had a job. It was fine. Co-workers and managers were nice enough. He got paid... He had money... Somewhere. His brain just liked to lose things. He'd even lost his brother once. That was an adventure. Keys, clothes, pets, cars, Kelly could lose them all. He just kept things in unordinary places like the laundry room. Which was the direct location of his cash, but he didn't know that. What he did know was that the friend's theme song was blasting out of the living room, and that could only mean one thing; Corbin was still awake. Thank god and every other holy deity to ever exist for this holy moment.
"Corbinnnnnnnn I need like $200. I promise I'll pay you back I just don't know where my cash is and there's this road trip with my friends and you're awake and I need to go, so please?" Kelly's twin brother was in Kelly's eyes perfect. He had good grades, had gotten into MIT, didn't lose stuff, managed to be funny without using self deprecation, was brave, and pretty cool. What more could you want. The two got along really well and shared basically everything. They could probably share money too. Right?
"Kel... what happened to your eye?" Kelly gave a shrug rather than admitting that he had dropped his phone right in his eye. He was awfully aware of the shade of purplish black it was turning. Luckily Corbin didn't ask any questions. He just tipped Kelly off to the fact that he had found a bunch of cash in the laundry room. With that hint, Kelly found his hidden money which had approximately $267 dollars in it. He was set to go.

Kelly hated waiting. Like a lot. It was boring and made him feel like he was missing out on a good time somewhere else. The only thing that kept him sane was humming Stairway to Heaven and thinking of every way he was going to prank the popular girls. Kelly didn't exactly hate the populars, actually he did, but only because of his friends. Plus it was so easy to make fun of the girls. From the way the walked to how they posted on social media was one big joke, so really, Kelly didn't have to do much at all. His job was just to observe and then say that Mila's new outfit was a garbage bag tailored to look like a dress. That was it. It was an easy job, and a fun one at that. Making fun of others and himself always came easy to Kelly. It was a natural talent. Things just came out of his mouth and other people found them funny or at least pretended they were funny. It made Kelly a pretty likable person at school, which was nice compared to how he was treated in middle school. Ugh. Those years were not to be looked back on.
Thankfully before Kelly could begin to reminisce on the past, Dusty pulled up in a yellow van. It was ugly to say the least. Kelly just shrugged and slid open the back door of the van. "Whaddup! This van looks like cat piss, but I'm ready to party." He yelled before dropping his duffel at his feet, and promptly leaning back in the seat ready to pass out for the night. This was probably the reason he didn't notice that Dusty was following a familiar red convertible.
yanyeos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ ✶ ° ━━ bump!

Postby mari rosee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:52 am

x
mari rosee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ ✶ ° ━━ one!

Postby remo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 am

BAXTER JACOBY !
      FEELING: hella pumped & hungry ── AT: van in des moines

frooty american idiot blasted from baxter's phone as he spaced out on the floor beside his bed. he had just miraculously graduated and begun vacation but he felt so bored, bored, bored. there was nothing to do. all of a sudden his music was cut off by a soft chime signaling that a text had been received making him jump up and dive onto the bed where it lay. upon reading the text, bax grinned from ear to ear. his favourite dust pan to the rescue; a good ol' fashioned stalking/road trip with his best buds was just what he needed to celebrate his escape and start off his summer. after a quick reply of 'aye aye cap'n' along with a string of no less than eight unnecessary and unrelated emojis, bax immediately went for the gym bag full of clothes and axe spray in his closet —he always had a bag packed in case he decided to go on an adventure or run away— before hurrying down the stairs.

frooty"yo mom i'm gonna leave for a few days or weeks okay? okay." he yelled to his mother as he headed for the kitchen to grab a box of unopened family-sized froot loops, never go on a trip without snacks. amanda jacoby merely shook her head and looked helplessly at her hyper son as she asked about who he'll be with and told him that he must stay safe twice. just as he was about to leave he decided to go back upstairs for a few more things to bring on the trip. he took his precious acoustic guitar in a soft case, two loud-as-hell airhorns, and of course the most important of all, a folder full of printed memes, an absolute necessity. now satisfied with what he has packed, bax carried his belongings down and left the house after saying 'au revoir' to his mother.

frooty it was a comfortable summer night, a light breeze blew and the sky was full of stars. bax waited impatiently on his porch for dusty to come around, unable to focus on his peaceful surroundings as his brain went into a flurry of excitement thinking about how he'll be spending the next few weeks trapped in a car traveling with his bestest friends. soon a beat up old van came into sight with a familiar face behind the wheel that made bax's face light up and screech in excitement as it pulled up in front of his house. the screeching continued as he grabbed his belongings and half-ran to the van and threw open the door. "oh my god look at my babes, hello i was ready for this yesterday," he grinned at passengers and driver.

frooty after quickly setting his things down, taking extra care for his guitar, and sitting down at dust's words telling him to hurry up so they could find the girls before they left. ooo perhaps this could become a new famous movie, teenage outcasts stalking the popular girls. wait no that seems borderline creepy, almost as if it's leading up to a scene similar to the final yet not quite. baxter himself didn't have much of a problem with the girls, barely taking any notice to them half the time, though he will admit that he had once taken the slightest interest in mila yet also finding her mildly intimidating. the pungent burning smell created by the van as it drove made bax scrunch up his nose in disgust, "so dusto you really couldn't have taken something that was a less disgusting shade of yellow from uncle shawn?" he questioned half jokingly.

frooty the crew arrived at the large house just as the girls were getting ready to depart in their beautiful convertible, perfect timing. bax shifted in his seat and lifted up his legs so that they were in kelly's lap in a position that was comfortable for himself but probably not so much for the other boy while they waited. it wasn't long before the sleek car shot out of the garage and onto the road with the now nicknamed cat piss van™' quietly in tow at an inconspicuous distance. thank goodness it was dusty who was driving, if it were bax they probably would've ran into something already and had their cover blown.

frooty a lightbulb went off in the boy's head making him stifle a laugh and take a pair of sunglasses from his bag. putting them on, bax looked around the van at his friends and started speaking in a higher voice, "guys look i'm mila, 'oh my god it's always so bright i gotta wear this everyday omg especially at night because the moon is so bright.'" he burst out laughing at the end of the sentence thoroughly pleased with himself for coming up with that and taking a jab at mila who seemed to always have a pair of sunglasses rain or shine. minutes of quietness then passed before they got onto the highway with an antsy bax lulling his head around already bored of the quietness that they maintained to not draw attention to themselves. much to his delight once they were a safe distance away from the populars dusty started blasting green day which caused bax to jerk up, accidentally kicking kelly in the process, and start screaming the lyrics that he knew so well. sorry about your eardrums, guys.

frooty excitement and happiness coursed through his veins as they continued down the highway unsure of where their first stop would be, this was going to be a summer to remember up until they start developing alzeheimers at 70 he just knew it. the wind that blew in from dusty's open window was more than welcome and only added to his adrenalin as he gazed out the window at the street lights and other cars. car trips never failed to make bax feel snacky which raised an extremely important question to his mind that must be addressed now:

frooty "mom i'm hungry can we get wendy's or mcdonald's later?" he asked through a mouthful of froot loops.
remo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ ✶ ° ━━ 1!

Postby watts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:31 am

LINDA CHING
laugh track on a tv show
─────────────────────────────────────────────────

tagged;; the outsiders | role;; the criminal

linda chuckled at the message appearing on her phone. she jumped out of bed, grabbing her black leather backpack filled with her necessities, which was mostly made up of makeup in her favorite color; red. she swung open her closet door, picking up her bag with "FUN" messily written in sharpie all over it. she'd been waiting to use this for ages. a bit surprised at how light it was, lin nearly fell backwards back onto her bed. she quickly put on some ripped blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt, slipping on her boots and jacket. running a brush through her hair as she ran out of the house, she waved excitedly to dusty before he picked her up and spun around. she laughed; it was much too early for him to have this much energy. tossing her things into the van, she climbed into the front passenger seat, getting herself comfortable.

laying back in her seat, she let out a calm sigh as the van pulled onto the highway. having already put on her own pair of sunglasses, she allowed herself to giggle a bit at baxter's joke; this was true, she couldn't recall having seen mila outdoors without her shades. this made no sense to linda. why would you want to protect yourself, when there was nothing to be protected from? she had seen many people act rudely to other people, perhaps hiding something from their past. linda had nothing to hide; she just found people's angry faces hilarious. she suddenly felt her stomach growl beneath her hands. note to self; don't go on a road trip without having eaten breakfast.

"bax, first of all, you're in the middle of eating cereal. second of all, we just got on the highway. now why would we go out to eat so soon? you should've eaten at home, young man," the scolding was mostly directed at herself, but she couldn't deny that she wanted to have a bit of quiet before they really took off. she slipped a hand into her bag, pulling out a few stray dollar bills and around a handfull of hi-chews and hard candy. turning in her seat, she held her hand out to the two sitting in the back. "if you really want some energy take some of these, they're all i've got, unfortunately."
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

` ✶ ° ━━ 002!

Postby mari rosee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm

kaela diaz.
        ᴛᴀɢs: ᴍɪʟᴀ, ᴅᴀɪsʏ, ᴍᴀʀɪ
        indent mikaela loved traveling into the big city at night. it was all dark fields of green dotted with small houses until the tops of buildings began to poke out from beyond the hills. these windows emitted the first bits of light that the group had seen since when they left des moines, and the natural light from the beginnings of a sunrise came with it. pinks, oranges and purples mixed in with the black sky, and the silhouettes of the few skyscrapers that existed in minneapolis seemed to emerge from the horizon. kaela had been going in and out of sleep, yet staying soundly asleep while on the road was just as hard as staying awake. mila had driven through the night, and there hadn’t been too many problems during the ride.
        indent kaela removed her camera from the larkin lions cheerleading duffel bag that she kept on the floor beside her feet, switching the device on and focusing the lens in order to take a photograph of the skyline, towering before them as the car cruises into the city. after a few clicks of the button, she examined the best of the pictures, only to find something familiar—and not too picturesque.
        indent the van was still there, the disturbing yellow vehicle that the group thought they had lost after thirty minutes or so of driving from mila’s house. it made a clunking noise as it went down the street—even the people inside were bobbing up and down with it. there were four of them, and they looked no younger or older than the red convertible’s passengers. “look, guys. that ugly-ass van is still there,” mikaela pointed out, with a chuckle. she hadn’t yet realized why the car was always going in the same direction—perhaps they were both going into minneapolis? whatever was going on, after they left the city, it would surely end.
        indent it didn’t take too long for the group to locate a motel with vacancy, as there wasn’t much of a rush at five in the morning. the place was called the morningview motel, which was somewhat close to the water with the needed amenities and all. it only really mattered to mila that the motel, with a colorful neon sign in front of it, wasn’t the most luxurious in the area—kaela didn’t overly mind it. as soon as the red-haired queen bee parked the convertible in the lot, the girls exploded out of the car.
        indent “this is so exciting, isn’t it? damn, those four hours felt like years. thank god mila didn’t pass out,” kaela said, with a bright smile. her brown eyes were nearly orange in the light of the rising sun. her words initiated a burst of conversation—about where they’d have breakfast, the mall they’d shop at, how they’d get fake ids, and the like. the chatting continued until tires screeched against the pavement, the van’s, to be precise. the damned thing was once again following them, and it almost felt like stalking. suddenly, kaela felt the urge to find out who the driver and passengers were, and why they were here of all places. “guys, over here!” the blonde called, rushing towards the yellow van. she kicked at the door, knocking on the window with her knuckle. “who the hell’s in there?” she yelled, hushed laughter coming from the other girls. but somehow, they had already left the car, most likely to enter the motel. “mila, should i post about this? it’s hella creepy,” kaela asked. “i swear, if they’re still fallowing us by the time we get to our next stop, i’m gonna pull a daisy and call the cops.”
        indent the girls walked inside the three-story morningview motel, and as soon as they were given their room key, they went to the miniature market inside the lobby to get something to eat. kaela bought herself a fruit cup and a bottled coffee, heading to the elevator quickly from there. the clique would be sharing one large room, and the female knew that in order to get what she wanted—in this case, a bed to sleep in—she had to be fast. the others arrived a few seconds later, carrying small bags of the things they’d need for the night and the next morning. kaela sat on one of the two beds, as if she were claiming it. “you guys thought i’d be nice and take one of the chairs after i called shotgun in the car, but nope. fight me,” she laughed, placing her duffel beside the bed on the navy carpeted floor, and her phone on the night stand. the girl turned on some music and synced the device to her new waterfall speaker. “anyway, what do y’all want to do?”
        indent though she and her three best friends were only on the first leg, mikaela already knew that this road trip would be quite the adventure. as long as the creepy van stayed away from them.
Last edited by mari rosee on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mari rosee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

‘ ✶ ° ━━ bump!

Postby mari rosee » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 am

x
mari rosee