{★ ━━ shots fired ! } A Hamilton AU o/a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

{★ ━━ shots fired ! } A Hamilton AU o/a

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 pm

── Only thing that's on my mind ──
──Is whos gon'
──Tonight !!!
        2017. New York City.
        There's nothing like summer in the city, right?
        In a world similar to ours, yet absolutely different, rests a group of familiar individuals that have a lot to learn. However, things aren't exactly...right, so to speak. The Redcoats, lead by the mysterious King, have kept their grip on the city for so long, with no need to let any of its inhabitants free. Besides, who tries to stop superpowered maniacs? However, they aren't the only ones with abilities, and those people have had enough. The smell of a revolution is in the air, and people are rising to the call.
        The Sons (and Daughters) of Liberty are here to stay.
        But whose side are you on?
Last edited by baron zemo. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ some info ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:47 pm

── Can't be scared when it goes down ──
──Got a
──tell me now!!!
        This is a Hamilton: An American Musical roleplay, but with a twist. Everyone you know and love can appear in this roleplay, but they live in the modern era. That's right, Hamilton has access to social media rants, which is probably a bad idea. To add onto that, this AU has a rather 'super' twist, with the presence of super-powered abilities, heroes, and villains. Imagine a comicbook-style world with the founding fathers...neat, right? Plus the revolution is still imminent, so all your fave babs are alive for now.

The Redcoats, an organization that has held power over New York for some time, are being challenged by a small group of ragtag heroes, vigilantes and allies of a free city. This group, affectionately called The Sons of Liberty, are trying their best to push the 'Coats out of their city, while attempting to gain new members and keep their identities secret. That's where your characters come in: Will they fight for the revolution, or retaliate?
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ the rules ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

one: follow tess' rules- here and here
two:
This is semi-lit, so please try for some good paragraphs.
three: Character wise, have as many characters as you can handle, but try and keep the groups more or less equal. OCs, while they are welcome, must be as 'realistic' as they should be. No cartoon or anime faceclaims are allowed, and let's try for some diversity in terms of people and powers. Any other questions can be sent to me via PM or in the discussion thread.
four: Ability/Headcanon wise, go wild! All ships are welcome as well, as long as both parties agree. Feel free to plan any romantic stuff with the other user, and alert the group if it may involve something bigger.
five: Please please please try and be active!
six: Be accommodating to members old and new!
seven: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by baron zemo. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ liberty's problematic children ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 pm

┎─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────★
── ❝ Victory's within the mile !!!❞ ── The Sons & Daughters of Liberty
★─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┚

x name / alias (roleplayer) ── power.

x Gilbert '....' du Motier de Lafayette / Marquis (Plague Birb.) ── skill mimicry.
      x Marcel Reilly/ ... (Piya) ── power.
      x Angelica Schuyler/ ... (Ghostarriver) ── time manip/chronokinesis.
      x James Madison/ ... (Ghostarriver) ── health manip./vitakinesis.
      x John Laurens/ (Jack) of all trades (Ghostarriver) ── probability manip/tychokinesis.
      x Elizabeth Schuyler/ @lookaround (meadow.) ── fire manip/pyrokinesis.
      x Maria Reynolds/ ... (novaturient) ── teleportation.
      x Aaron Burr / Anthos (astrophilia) ── plant manip/chlorokinesis.
      x Peggy Schuyler/ @andsadlyme (ʟᴀᴄᴜɴᴀ) ── tech manip/cyberkinesis.

Last edited by baron zemo. on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ the city's current rulers ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 pm

┎───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────★
── ❝This is my city, Pledge your allegiance!!!❞ ── The Redcoats
★───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┚

x George William Fredrick III / 'King' (Plague Birb.) ── advanced empathy.
      x Ye Sang Yeon / Noose (Plague Birb.) ── air manip/aerokinesis.
      x James Lawrence/ ... (Piya) ── power.
      x Matthew Watson/ ... (Piya) ── power.
      x William Utah/ ... (Piya) ── power.
      x Samuel Seabury / @FarmerRefuted (Warfstache) ──minor Echolocation, future vision
Last edited by baron zemo. on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ straddling the lines ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 pm

┎───────────────────────────────────────────────────★
── ❝So I keep doin' my own thing!!!❞ ── The Neutrals
★───────────────────────────────────────────────────┚

x Akila Hart / @inkblots & Warpaint (Plague Birb.) ── melanokinesis.
      x Zoë North / The informant (Ghostarriver) ── telepathy & technopathy.
Last edited by baron zemo. on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ the lives we weave ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm

── I'm addicted to the thrill──
──It's a dangerous'

All relationships/crushes/family will go here!!
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ extra info ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 pm

── Feel it comin' in the air ──
──And the screams from
        Map of Manhattan
        Map of NYC

Redcoats Base: It is located in a building in the Upper East Side, recently renovated to a lavish standard and disguised as a basic firm. Some floors are restricted and the underground areas are strictly prohibited to non-members. The head of the firm is aware of the predicament, but would rather die than give it away.
        Sons of Liberty Hideout: With most of the hideout underground, the exterior is a block of colourful flats in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. It's well protected by allies in the area, and the hideout spans a few floors downwards for meetings, training and other needs.

For now, few know where both of their locations are.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{★ ━━ status and recaps ! }

Postby baron zemo. » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 pm

┎───────────────────────────────────────────────────★
── OPEN / CLOSED ──
★───────────────────────────────────────────────────┚
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{1}

Postby baron zemo. » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Gilbert du Motier "Marquis" de Lafayette
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Non-Binary || 20 || Skill mimicry || Sons of Liberty || Location: Warehouse|| Tags: ||

It's amazing how quickly something can spiral into a giant mess, and with the situation at hand, the frenchperson could not help but marvel at the events that led up to it. France had never been one to display their 'gifted' folk, families presumably keeping their oddballs under lock and key, because they could not recall many instances of superpowers in their childhood. Sure, they remembered how many nights they'd spend tucked under the covers, a flashlight illuminating the brightly coloured comic books he'd collect, but at the time, they had been aware that the very thing existed in real life. At this time of night, their younger self would have dreamed of being in such a fantastical life.
    And now, to their dismay and delight, they were living out that fantasy.

Something flew past Lafayette's head, embedding in a wall not too far from their hiding place, and they swore softly. It was one thing to live the dream, but another to actually survive it. "There must be more around here! Check everywhere!" Crouching, the Marquis listened intently to the voices up ahead, and the odd scuffle that followed, eyes furious at the current situation.

There had been more redcoats than they'd anticipated, and some were paying the price. Peeking over the hiding place once again, Lafayette caught a glimpse of another being dragged away, unconscious, and ducked back with gritted teeth. "This is bad" The whisper barely left their lips, as they slunk to the floor, brain working on overdrive. "We need to group up, but..." From their little crevice among boxes and crates, it was hard to know if their friends had gotten the distress call, or if they had not been seen. "Crap."

"King" George III
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Male || 38 || Advanced Empath || Redcoats || Location: Redcoat base, upper floor|| Tags: ||

With members flitting this way and that with the intent of keeping the operation under control, few noticed the soft ding of an elevator opening, nor did they glimpse the casually dressed empath make his way past. Honestly, George didn't mind it one bit, especially since the alternative was every member greeting him as he passed (in varying degrees of nervousness, he'd notice). Nonetheless, it was amusing to watch on a bad day, but that night was anything but a bad day, considering the message he'd received.

Initially, the messages started with a confirmation that his package had been fetched at its pickup point--an abandoned warehouse near one of the harbours--only for his luck to increase at the following messages involving his frequent pests. Those pesky children of justice--whatever they were called--had gotten themselves into a little mess. George scoffed, reaching one of the locked doors on the floor, and placing a hand on the keypad. It clicked open, and the empath strolled in. "The poor things, thinking it was safe."

His phone dinged once more, confirming that he may have another potential 'chat' scheduled on the lower levels, and the redcoat king smiled to himself.
    It was always nice to know you were still winning, right?

Akila "Inkblots" Hart
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Female || 23 || Ink Manip. || Neutral || Location: City Streets || Tags: ||

A ribbon of white sprayed across the wall with a soft splat, blending with the reds and blues of the silhouette, and the tagger known as inkblots stepped away to check how it looked. Spraycan in hand, she turned her head to the side, humming softly, before a huff left her lips. The sound was muffled by fabric, her Rorschach mask bleeding ink into something akin to a frown. "I need symmetry."

Her free hand flicked upwards, and the white paint peeled off the wall with no effort, curling into the air, suspended. The mural was of an unidentifiable human, kneeling on the floor with ribbons of red and blue wrapped around him; some, she'd decided, had pulled the humans arms in opposite directions. Choice, her current subject matter, would be etched in small typography on the dark human silhouette.

Fingers moving, the white ribbon broke up into small strings, springing at the wall as each twitch painted a letter, and by the time she was done, the paint had completed its task. Looming over her, the mural glared at the street, and she smiled under her mask. "Let's see what people think I'm talking about, eh?" With that, the tagger started packing her paints and cans into a bag, content.

Sang-Yeon "Noose" Ye
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Male || 22 || Air Manip. || Redcoats || Location: Warehouse || Tags: ||

"How many more do you think are still around?" Sang-Yeon stepped out of the car with those words leaving his lips, looking towards the dark building with interest. Having heard that his assistance may be needed, the designer left his apartment as quickly as he could, eager to see what was going on; it didn't take him long to decipher the situation by the series of texts he'd received, but seeing the quiet warehouse made him skeptical. "I was expecting more resistance...That's what it usually is, right? Or are you all just slacking off?"

The redcoat soldier huffed, tailing the smaller man without a word, choosing not to indulge him. Almost everyone knew that the aerokinetic was slightly too passive aggressive to keep small talk, but none would want to set off anything further than that. Sure, the man had one of the most disputed rumors, and with evidence being few and far between, no one wanted to find out if it was true.
    Who willingly took on the name 'Noose', anyway?

Sang-Yeon noticed the quietness of his reluctant companion, and sighed softly, air curling upwards at the exhale. He was used to this, honestly, and chose not to address it; there were bigger things at hand, and they actually had the advantage at the moment. If that was a sign to act, then he'd take it. "I'm going to go...check around." Reaching under his asymmetrical hoodie, he pulled up a half-mask, covering his face up to his nose. "Tell any loiterers to secure the perimeter: they could have called backup at this rate."

'The cheats.' With that thought in mind, the Noose entered the building.
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me