The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Starting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Starting

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Disclaimer; This roleplay is a REMAKE. The original was owned by a former member of this site, Apricity. ALL CREDIT goes to Apricity, save for a few very minor tweaks I'll be making here and there.

Up to this point, your live has been fairly uneventful. Most of you have graduated high school, attended prom, perhaps gotten jobs or started your college career. Society always told you that the most important thing you could do was prepare yourself for the future. What society meant by that, however, was go to college, graduate, and get a high paying job. What society most certainly did NOT mean, was prepare yourself for the apocalypse. No matter many classes they made you attend, how many text books you purchased, nothing could have prepared you for this. Survival is key to life, and yet although they taught you to be successful, for a majority of you they did not teach you how to do necessary things, such as build a fire. Which brings us to today...

15 minutes ago, you boarded a train. Whether it was to visit your parents, grandparents, or best friend, the only thing that matters is that the moment you stepped on that train, your chances of survival for that day increased by 50%. Today, September 6th, the undead apocalypse rose. The thousands of dead from the past month have developed minor brain activity. Enough brain activity that they can walk and kill, but not enough to restore their memories or personal thoughts. What is feared is that they will start to be able to run. The undead are vicious and dangerous enough walking, and if they ever start running, survival chances will greatly decrease.

Currently, there are no scientific explanations for this outbreak. Some say radioactive waste is responsible. Governments all over the world are broken and chaotic. The majority of armies have not done anything, for many of the soldiers have succumbed to the virus. Phones are out of order. There is no wifi, and all power has been cut. Flashlights are suddenly high in demand and great in value. The people on this train are people you live with now, for better or for worse. All of you will fall into ranks, whether you know it yet or not. There will be one main leader. You must know that you and your new friends may not survive. You may not all become friends at all; some of you will become rivals, some of the people on this train will take advantage of you or even kill you if you have something they want, such as a knife, a gun, or food. Government no longer exists. Legal and illegal actions no longer apply in this new world.

There will be other groups like yourselves that survive longer than everyone else. Groups may get along and help each other survive to become one strong, unified group, or meeting each other may just do the opposite. Hell... they may very well try to kill you. But right now you need to focus on what you will do when this train meets its destination spot. It halts when it reaches New York City. You need to find supplies in order to survive. Guns, knives, flashlights, food, backpacks - anything you can get your hands on... and pray you survive the night.
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | The Rules

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:42 pm

○All CS Rules Apply {duh}
    ○Please listen to me and obey my rules.
    ○No Mary/Gary sues. It's no fun roleplaying these perfect, flawless people and frankly, it's also incredibly unrealistic haha.
    ○ Avoid over-god-modding. You may create a hoard or population, but make sure you're not the one running all the scenarios in the RP. Everyone should be contributing to the scenario, not just me or one other person!
    ○ I highly encourage drama & romance!❤
    ○ Minimum 300 words/character. You don't have to count every word, just make sure it's relatively detailed & lengthy (literate). Everyone has writer's block at some point, but please do not go under 300. An occasional short post is fine, however, do not continuously post short posts. It's not too interesting constantly reading short posts, especially when your character(s) are in an interactive/dangerous scene.
    ○ Please check your grammar! I appreciate correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation as well as the next person.
    ○ Your character may die. Please keep this in mind while creating your character, it's only realistic for the roleplay! Some characters will survive, but definitely not all.
    ○ Fade to black if you must for an explicit scene
    ○ No OOC on the roleplay thread, the discussion thread is there for a reason
    ○ Remove your signature from every post to keep the roleplay better organized and easy to read
    ○ Characters should be between 17 and 35 years of age, however I will allow for younger characters by request (private message me) but IF you make a character under the age of fourteen, you should either make another character to act as their Guardian/Parent, OR have someone else roleplay their Parent or Guardian.
    ○ Please refrain from swearing. Swearing is not permitted.
    ○ Character Forms should be placed on the Application Thread. Please refrain from posting them on the main or discussion thread.
    ○ If you have any questions about the RP and need any additional info, or have suggestions for the RP, please comment on the Discussion Thread or PM Me
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | Important Information

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm

U N D E A D
    How exactly does one become a Zombie?
      "Walkers"
      Symptoms;;☆

Hour 1; Painful bite with purple/brown discoloration
      Often at this stage infected do not know they have been infected. Most commonly, you must be bitten to become infected due to the highly infected saliva. However, in rare cases serious wounds (gauges) from walkers may fester and become infected if saliva from a walker enters the open wound. Zombie blood splattered into the mouth will not turn a human, but it will cause pain of the blood boiling in the body to cast the virus out of the body. (A large enough quantity of infected blood is required for this to happen, but the person will likely not change.) Walker saliva contains potency of the virus in comparison to walker blood.

Hour 3; Fever (99-103 degrees F), slight dementia, stiff pain in joints

Hour 5; Extreme numbness around bite, increased fever & cold chills

Hour 8; Paralysis of lower body, overall numbness, slowed heartrate

Hour 11; Cold sweat & persistent vegetative state

Hour 14; Heart stops

Hour 17; Reanimation

☆time spent between the first and last stage varies for each individual. Changing can take a minimum of approximately 30 minutes and a maximum of approximately 23 hours

E S S E N T I A L S
    These Items can possibly be found in abandoned shop and malls. Guns can be found in gun dealerships usually downtown. Pistols or hunting rifles can sometimes be found in houses, but rifles are more commonly found in farm houses.
      ○ guns
      ○ knives
      ○ melee weapons
      ○ flashlights
      ○ backpacks
      ○ first aid kits
      ○ food & drinkable water
      ○ decent footwear
      ○ warm clothing

T I P S
    Note; You don't HAVE to read these, but it would definitely help when deciding on how your character should or might act during certain situations
      ○ stick together
      ○ try not to make foes
      ○ sound attracts the undead. This includes gun shots, guns are very useful and life savers, but keep in mind you may be attracting more undead if you cannot get away quickly
      ○ undead often move around in groups or hoards (groups=5-20) (hoards=21-59) (population=60+). A hoard of 50 may be in the city one day, and the next day have moved into the fields. They do not stay in one place, so don't expect them to
      ○ you can only put a walker out of its misery by shooting it in the brain
      ○ if you miss, reload as fast as possible
      ○ always check behind your back and your partner's backs
      ○ do not make impulsive decisions - it may risk your and your partner's lives
      ○ do not waste your ammo
      ○ carry multiple & various types of weapons for different scenarios. If an undead is close to you and your gun is unloaded, then reach for a knife in your boot or belt if you have one, or another melee weapon
      ○ undead can smell you. Try going downwind of them if possible
      ○ always have your gun loaded
      ○ if in an enclosure, try and cover all windows at night if you have a camp fire to block out any light. It could attract undead
      ○ if you are in an enclosure with multiple floors, camp out on the highest floor or even the roof. It will distance yourself from the undead that are on the ground even more (but be careful of undead sneaking around on upper floors)
      ○ know how to pick locks
      ○ if you see non-perishable foods (e.g, canned foods, dried foods, etc), take those as appose to perishable foods (e.g, raw meat). You may not be able to cook raw meat. Fruits are also good because they don't go bad right away.
      ○ look for maps, with them you can plan scavenging routes for food and supplies or a way out of the city
      ○ if a member of your group becomes infected, the only merciful thing to do is to put them to rest with a gun. They will go through several phases of becoming a walker if you do not, and it is best to do so to avoid unnecessary suffering. If you wait too long, they may turn quicker than you anticipated and put yourself and others in danger.
      ○ if you plan on looting a vehicle, be prepared that if you break in you may be risking the car alarm going off. Not all vehicles will do this, but if they do, cut the wire behind the wheel of the vehicle to minimize the chance of alerting undead, or hoards of undead. About 3/4 of vehicles are unlocked due to the frantic announcement of the apocalypse
      ○ Maps can often be found in the shotgun compartment, or even a gun. Rope and other useful items can sometimes be found in trunks, if they haven't already been taken
      ○ All elevators will be out of order, don't bother checking them & take the stairs

S U R R O U N D I N G S
    Read this area if you want to get a feeling for where your characters are currently located!
      the city; often covered in a thick haze, particularly in the evenings and early mornings. News papers and abandoned vehicles litter the streets. The buildings look dirty and some have rubble collected at the bottom. Barely any people are in the city now, and those that are hide, barricading entrances in hopes of keeping the undead out. The interior of most stores and buildings are filthy due to the undead. All of the electricity and backup emergency electricity is gone. There are tall sky scrapers all over the city. Other Images; 12
      undead population count in this area (estimated, may be vastly incorrect):
      4.7 Million

outskirts; consists of many abandoned vehicles that didn't make it into/out of the city, sparse trees and fields.

fields; there are old abandoned barns and farm houses around this area. The fields are located south-west of the city. Many farm houses have one or two hunting rifles in them, sometimes mounted above a fire place. Cellars of farm houses often have preserved goods in them.
      undead population count in this area (super scattered, not many hoards; estimated, may be vastly incorrect):

forest; trees vary; young growth with lots of brush to old growth with cedar and pine trees. Forests contain deer, elk and small game such as hare. There is a gas station along the outskirts of the old growth forest which may contain supplies including non-perishable food, and of course, gas for a vehicle. The only problem is, getting to the gas station without a vehicle running out of gas before reaching the gas station. If it does, you may be pushing the vehicle a ways while being vulnerable if a hoard of undead comes along. Both the old growth and new growth forest are located north-east of the city.

Group A Living Quarters; Group A arrived in the city on a Northbound Train that will arrive in Grand Central Station. They opted to stay in the city and eventually discover an abandoned apartment complex that, while rundown inside, is free of people and Zombies. There are also only two entrances, besides the windows which will be boarded up, making it easy to guard. There are 8 apartments in all, each with two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room.
      undead population count in this area:
      Currently None

Group B Living Quarters; Group B arrived in the city on a Southbound train that arrived in Pennsylvania Station. They decided their best option was to gather supplies and leave the city. They will eventually settle down in a large ranch house just outside the city. They will likely have to make trips into the city for supplies but here they can grow their own food and maybe even raise livestock if they can find some surviving in the area. There are only four bedrooms so room is tight but they hope to be build a larger, more fortified bunkhouse.
      undead population count in this area:
      Currently None
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | Group A

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 pm

n a m e; Adelaide Wolfe
r p' e r; Tiny_Cat
n a m e;
r p' e r;
n a m e;
r p' e r; Novaturient

n a m e; Benjamin Wolfe
r p' e r; Tiny_Cat
n a m e; Wolfgang Achterberg
r p' e r; M A R T Y R
n a m e; Kiona Alderman
r p' e r; Anxie

n a m e; William Blake
r p' e r; Solis
n a m e;
r p' e r;
n a m e;
r p' e r;
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | Group B

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 pm

n a m e; Blaire Blanc
r p' e r; Aesthetic
n a m e;
r p' e r; Nagisa
n a m e; Bernard Wolfe
r p' e r; M A R T Y R

n a m e; Shayne Laurent
r p' e r; Tiny_Cat
n a m e; Lucky Morgan
r p' e r; Tiny_Cat
n a m e; Tyler Woods
r p' e r; Wolverine

n a m e; Richard McLaney
r p' e r; Watchiist
n a m e;
r p' e r;
n a m e;
r p' e r;
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | Other

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Just in case... possibly a third group??? Maybe lone survivors?
Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Day We Caught The Train | Other

Postby Tiny_Cat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:14 am

Key wrote:▻ She/He likes her/him
◅ She/He likes him/her
▻|◅ Like each other but don't know it
▻♥◅ Dating
✗♥✗ ex's
❧ ~ is the parent of
✦ ~ siblings

Current Weather wrote:○ cool☆ » 5° Fahrenheit to 45° Fahrenheit
○ snowy, rainy, foggy, extreme overcast
○ Date; December 24th

☆ weather becoming harsher with each passing day

Roleplay Participants

Last edited by Tiny_Cat on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adelia/Benji [1] | Lucky [1] | Shayne [1]

Postby Tiny_Cat » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:25 pm

─── ADELAIDE & BENJAMIN WOLFE ───
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
|| female/male || group a || leader/member || location; train || tags; each other, open || 674 Words ||

Though the sun hung high in the sky, there was a distinct bite to the air as Adelaide Wolfe paid for two bus tickets and ushered her four year old son and their dog, Shep, past the gate and into the terminal beyond. Inside, it wasn't much better. The city obviously couldn't be bothered to pay for decent heaters. Adjusting her hold on her infant daughter, Adelia scanned the various terminals seeking the one she was supposed to be in. Running late wasn't unusual for the young woman; a single mother with sole custody of an infant and partial custody of a rambunctious four year old, being on time seemed like a thing of the past. Spotting the correct tunnel, she grabbed her son's hand and hurried forward, hoping desperately she didn't miss the train. It was only midmorning but it seemed like everyone was heading out or arriving in to see their families for the holidays. She wished she could say the same, but unfortunately she was only on the way to see her ex husband, Bernard Wolfe. They lived on opposite sides of New York, so it made sense to meet in New York City when Benjamin was visiting one or the other. Adelaide had taken the last two weeks off to spend with the boy, agreeing to work through the holidays to make up the time off. The plan was for the four of them to spend the day together and then catch the last trains home. Despite their tendency to bicker, Ben still loved when they were all together 'as a family'. Adelia didn't have the heart to inform him that their little family had been broken up months ago.

"Mommy, are we going to see daddy?" Benji suddenly asked, lifting big brown eyes up to her emerald green ones. Adjusting her hold on Emma who was, thankfully, still asleep despite the noise in the station, she ran a loving hand through the boy's thick brown locks. Anyone looking at them might imagine Benji was her biological child; their hair and complexion was so similar to one another's. Truth was, Benji was her stepson. He had lost his mother at an extremely young age and she had married his father not long after. For all intents and purposes, he was her son, biological or not. Just as much as little Emily was her daughter.

"Yes, sweetie. We're going to see daddy." She said with a gentle smile. Benji beamed, flashing dimples, and followed after her as she led him down an escalator and into the heart of the station. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the last call for the Express Train to Grand Central Station." A man's voice said over the intercom. Cursing softly, Adelaide called for Shep and hurried to the tracks as the horn blared loudly. A man stationed at the door took their tickets, giving their dog a cursory scowl, but he didn't say anything as the young woman boarded with both her dog and the child. Relieved to have made it, she settled into a seat and Shep immediately took up residence under her seat, ignoring the other passengers. Shep was an old dog, almost ten years of age. She had owned him since he was just a tiny newborn puppy, abandoned by his mother. She had bottle fed him, weaned him, and trained him by herself and he was her closest companion. Many times the dog was her shoulder to cry on over the years. Running her fingers through her hair, she once again adjusted her hold on her sleeping daughter and then fished a Gameboy out of her bag, which she handed to Benji. When she had first taken on the role of surrogate mother, she never would have done that. She had been convinced screen time was bad for kids but another young mother she had met at the park had assured her loosening up and allowing screen time wouldn't hurt them in the long run. In fact, that Gameboy had saved the day on several occasions.

─── LUCKY MORGAN ───
|| female || group b || member || location; train || tags; open || 417 Words ||

Lucky settled into her seat on the train with a muted grumble, casting a baleful glare at the dog at her feet. She had never really been an animal lover; dogs especially were her least favorite animals because all they seemed capable of doing was slobber all over her designer pantsuits. Bailey wasn't the worst dog in the world, and he didn't drool nearly as much as some dogs she knew, but that didn't mean she liked him. She had never wanted the stupid do, but the father of her two daughters had felt the girls needed a dog like the one he had grown up with. Three years ago, he had purchased the stupid dog without consulting her and Lucky hadn't had the heart to take it away after the girls were so clearly attached to the mutt. Conveniently, Jason hadn't been able to accommodate the stupid dog when he had taken the girls for the holidays. To make matters worse, her dog sitter had called last minute and said she couldn't watch him for the next two weeks while she was supposed to be at a very important conference. With no other options, Lucky had reluctantly paid the fee to take the dog onto the train with her. She would just have to find a doggy daycare that was open this time of year to leave him at during the day while she was attending the conference. She was sure it would all work out for the best. Sighing, she fished around in her bag until she came up with a personal calendar. Lucky was the type of person who liked everything to be meticulously organized at all times. She was likely the only woman on earth who could reach into her purse and pull exactly what she wanted out at any given time. She reached in there now and produced a pen, then got to work writing a list of things to remember. Find a day care for Bailey, check into the hotel, call the conference and confirm her all-access pass would be waiting when she arrived in the morning... to name a few. Lucky was young, but she was top of her class in college and had already been offered a position with the New York Times when she graduated in a few months. Journalism had been a large part of her life for many years now, and she was determined to be one of the best reporters the Times had ever known.

─── SHAYNE LAURENT ───
|| male || group b || member || location; train || tags; open || 563 Words ||

"Daddy, daddy! Look at all the pretty flowers!" The small, black-haired child squealed, bounding ahead of the man with all the energy and glee a three year old could possess. The tall man strolled after her, unhurried but alert. The child glanced back at him, green eyes shining in the sunlight. "Look, daddy, look! Aren't they pretty? There are red ones and pink ones and lellow ones..." She listed off, practically bouncing with glee. The man smiled gently. She was just like her mother; distracted by anything shiny and/or colorful. Catching up, he laid a hand on her head and ruffled her hair playfully. "Are you ready to go home, Jenna? Santa only visits boys and girls who are fast asleep in bed." He said, earning an amused glance from the little girl. "Silly, daddy. I'm too old to believe in Santa Claus." She giggled, crinkling her nose in amusement. The man pulled his hand away, and with it a small lock of black hair. The pair stared at the hair silently as it fluttered to the ground. For a moment, neither of them spoke, too lost in their own private thoughts. Then, the little girl flashes her father a smile that seems a little too bright to be completely natural. "Daddy, can we get ice cream on the way home?" She asks, jarring the man from his thoughts. He gives her a strained smile and nods slowly, allowing the girl to grab his hand and pull him through the crowded park, back towards the main road. The girl chatters incessantly, but the man is no longer listening. His eyes are locked to the back of her head, where a small bald patch has appeared, and dread seems to grip his heart with icy claws. Too soon, his mind screams silently. He has to agree. The illness is advancing in the child far faster than it had in her mother, or in his mother. And, with a pang of fear, he realizes he isn't ready to let go. Not yet. Not ever. He doesn't want to lose his baby girl.

Shayne Laurent woke with a jolt and bolted upright in his seat, fingers gripping the tattered teddy bear he'd been carrying since leaving the Train Station two hours ago. He was riding to the end of the line; Pennsylvania Station. A mere five blocks from where his daughter, Jenna, was buried. It had only been a few months since the funeral, but Shayne still couldn't bear to go more than a few days without visiting the cemetery. He had had Jenna buried right next to her mother, Misty, and had a headstone specially ordered to look like a miniature version of her mom's, which was a towering angel. Now, it looked like Misty was still looking over their daughter, even from beyond the grave. It was silly and sentimental but it made Shayne feel better. Looking up, he scanned the train and was pleased to see few had noticed his unpleasant awakening. On a New York Train, abnormal was pretty much normal and resident New Yorkies typically knew how to mind their own business. Settling back, he loosened his death grip on Freddie, the stuffed bear Misty had bought the second she found out she was pregnant with Jenna. Jenna had loved that stupid bear, and now it was the only thing he had left of her.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bernard, one & wolfgang, one

Postby j. bourne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:53 pm

deleted.
Last edited by j. bourne on Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Startin

Postby nemesis. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:38 am

iona
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      ►Gender;;Femalexxxxxxx►Age;;24xxxxxxxGroup Axxxxxxx►Location;; Trainxxxxxxx ►Tags;;Open
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      Grudgingly, the white haired female gave her one-way ticket to the man who stood tall at the door of the entrance, and who also gave the female a rather confused and surprised look as he glanced at a slightly young, grey furred cat, whose head at the time was rested on the walls and edges of Kiona's handbag. Of course the kitten would hold her back, and Kiona would have to risk her life in order to protect it and obviously she knew the risks but the animal was all that she had of her family, and she was not going to let the memories of them disappear like her humanity, which even though she had lots of maybe a week ago, now it has almost all slipped away from her body.

Taking two seats, which might have been inconvenient and even rude for some people, the white haired female seated herself, placing her handbag on the seat next to her. Even though the woman was dressed in some tight jeans and a warm sweater[/url], Kiona shrivelled so that she kept all the body heat, rather than it escaping and being useless. Her head rested on the cold train window, which at that point has been covered with some frost - it was December after all. Like most public transport vehicles, the train was scarred with graffiti, litter and dirt, making the place unwelcoming, uncomfortable and unpleasing to the eyes, although Kiona did not care, at least she was safe and away from them.

The woman's eyes shifted focus as more people entered the train, and her eyes settled on a family - a mother, a child and a dog. The sight reminded Kiona of her own deceased family. For a few moments, Kiona's eyes concentrated on them, but as they got on the train, her eyes swiftly turned towards Luna, who was sleeping soundly in her handbag, unaware of the danger that her and Kiona will face through. The pretty tabby female awoke to sound of the man's voice coming from the intercom and she squealed quietly in fear. After the kitten calmed down, Kiona lifted her with her two hands and placed the cat on her warmish jeans, rubbing the she-cat's belly in the process to comfort her, although Kiona's face stayed emotionless, not smiling or giving away any emotions at all.
Last edited by nemesis. on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemesis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me