[ ⊱ ] illustrious [ na ]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: [ ⊱ ] illustrious [ na ]

Postby darcy_jensen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 pm

! L I L Y // A L L I N G T O N !
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    [the baker girl] [18] [in the bakery] [crush; none] [tags; open]

lily had awoken long before the sun had risen over the gentle town she had lived in for the majority of her life, for the requirements of being a baker was calling. her flour stained apron sat tied around her hips, as she kneaded the final batch of dough for today's fresh products. glancing up through the bakery window, she could see the outline of the blonde haired seamstress wandering through the street, and lily smiled to herself. she did wish she had the courage to talk to the girl, for in truth, lily was extremely talkative and passionate once she was close with someone. however, it was quite a task breaking her quiet exterior.

the baker girl's thoughts were interrupted by a customer, and she flashed a grin to them before grabbing the warm loaf of sourdough that they ordered every third day. she'd been working in the bakery for as long as she could remember, the owners who had now passed away had taken her in when she'd been left orphaned and alone by her parents death. because of this, she knew all the regulars, their names, and what they ordered. but despite the closeness she had with the villagers, she still longed for a friend. maybe today was the day that something would change, someone new or unknown would come into her bakery and talk to her. who knows.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ⊱ ] the apothecary [ post one ]

Postby guh-huh! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:00 pm

✰ M A L C O L M !
─────── ✦ ───────
→ [ the apothecary | male | twenty-one | tags: open ] ←

in malcolm's experience and opinion, no one in the history of time and space is excited when they have to get up before dawn. he hadn't expected to see a woman appear at his door so early, but people are constantly surprising him ever since he had become an apothecary. through tired eyes, malcolm watched the mother frantically try to tell him about her daughter, and how she had developed a cough over the week. head turns to look at her, despite the tired look in his eyes, he's determined to help, all things considered. the young man strides through the house with purpose to reach his work table, soon returning with a vial in hand. a concoction of chickweed, lungwort, and other scrap herbs are tossed together to form a suitable medication. she praises him dearly, handing him a small handful of coins for his troubles. a second later, his lantern is blown out. an exasperated sigh passes malcolm's lips, settling back into sleep once more.

although it only seems like moments had passed, suddenly the navy blue of dusk had turned into a maroon, then to an orange, and finally turned itself into a yellow tinted pale blue. the apothecary rolled onto his back, letting out a small yawn as he opened his eyes. sleeping in late was never an option, but malcolm could already feel himself trying to drift off again, choosing to ignore the constant vocals from townspeople and the crows arguing amongst themselves. in the end, his consciousness gets the best of him; and he rises from the bed slowly. humming a tune, malcolm prepared himself for the day ahead. he'd have to acquire some liquids from passerby vendors and most importantly- get himself something to eat before starting of the strenuous work day. exiting the door and running a hand through his hair, malcolm began wandering through the town.
guh-huh!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:47 pm

cecelia de luca princess ;; 19 ;; tagged: open
════════════════════════════
The princess continued to creep down the castle hallways, she was planning to sneak out her usual watch and make her way to town, hopefully to make her rounds. She enjoyed the townspeople and hoped that many of them enjoyed her too. She smiled at the thought, and slipped into the stairwell and trotted down the steps quietly. The moment she heard talking and laughter, she figured it was some guards, she passed through the open doorway, never to be seen and smile, getting to a side entrance for those who worked in the castle but lived in the lodges on the grounds. The other side of the entrance was a small closet sort of thing at the entrance, where the work could place their things upon entrance. She had kept some light hooded capes to pick from, depending on what she wore out.
She was currently wearing a maroon dress with white embroidery at the bottom, waist and collar. She picked the light white cape, and checked the inside pocket, finding where her placed coins still lingered for any special purchases that she would make. She smiled and shut the doors, waltzing away, as happy as she could be. She didn't know where she wanted to go first, so she decided to think while she made her way there.
She slipped through a flawed crease in a wall, and onto a worn path, wondering if Jasper had used it recently as well, because she could remember when they were young, finding the path and crease. She smiled at the thought of her brother, knowing that many viewed him as trouble, but she dearly loved him.

She carefully stepped down the rocks, and finally made way into the village, sneaking between two cottages, stepping foot onto the main road and began to wander. No one had really noticed her as she done this, particularly because she had done it so many times, that they found it usual, or well some of them. The typical guards who wondered the shops, preventing theft, would sometimes spot her, return her home, and she would be scolded, but she never left that stop her before.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ☽ - Levi ) One

Postby .KeithKogane » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Lᴇᴠɪ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
      ─────────────────────────────────────────────
      [ male ] [ twenty-one years ] [ knight ] [ tagged with Cecelia ]

"It's way too early for this," A low voice growled as his peaceful slumber had been chased away with shouting and loud banging. Life in the Knight's small house not that far from the Castle was never calm as many within the walls like to butt heads more often than once. They have discipline on the battle field and how to act around royalty, but not with each other. Quite immature and the men don't think with their heads. More like their testosterone speaking and of course having to show off to one another. Levi was the second in command for a reason; he wasn't a brainless fool. With more grumbling, he pushed off his very thin covers and wandered his way out into the 'living room.' If anyone could call it that. Circled around the room were pretty much every knight that lived in that house with two having a full out brawl on the floor.
      "If I have to rip you two apart in the next three seconds, everyone will be sorry and sewing themselves together," He shouted over the loud cheering with his arms crossed his chest. Being loud wasn't much of a Levi thing unless it was needed, though everyone automatically quieted. A single file line was made, directly behind the two fighting men who were picking themselves off the ground with bloodied knuckles and bloody faces. They looked completely wrecked and disgusting. Not to mention they were both older than the royal knight, yet acted like a bunch of teenagers in school. All he gave the two was a frown and both a smack to the side of their heads before sending them to get cleaned up. Definitely wasn't the first time that he's broken up a fight. Some of them happen when he's out with the royal family, and he'd just find the aftermath once he finally came home. But no fight went without his notice. At this point, many have just given up an will hash it out right in front of him. Some Levi doesn't stop until he gets tired of the noise. But in general, they were knights and not medics or scientists for a reason. Brawn gets in the way of their brain most of the time and there isn't anything to do about it.

After being rudely awakened, Levi sent everyone on a general mission to keep busy. Productively busy that is. He found himself having a bath before putting on normal clothes rather than his armor for once. The once polished and clean metal has been dented and scratched over the last few years. Today he decided to give it a break and fix it up tonight. Though he did put on his boots and his sword holster on his hip as well as two small daggers in both left and right boot. Once can never be too prepared for anything. Dressed in dark slacks, gray shirt, and a black over coat, the "off-duty" knight one could say left the building without a word to anyone else inside. But he was greeted with the beautiful blue of the sky with the morning birds singing to one another as well as the small critters scurrying to get past the feet of walkers. The scene was much more beautiful than any painting hanging in the high ceiling hallways of the castle or any dress of any woman at the royal balls held on special occasions. A small smile slipped onto his lips for a few moments before making his way into town rather than the castle right away. He held some coins in his pocket that could be used to get breakfast or something better to sleep with perhaps. Maybe something for his pretty girl who slept in the stables; they'd have to go on a ride later. That could be decided on the go, for now, he needs to move rather than standing in one space with everyone crowding around him to get past.
      Levi took his steps through the main road with his hands stiff and balled into fists at his sides out of impulse and generally not liking to be in large crowds of townspeople. He stood tall over many of the others who passed by him, bumping into one another or managing to avoid him entirely. He turned his attention to the sky and animals around him, trusting the rest of his body to lead him somewhere useful rather than walking into a wall or a pole. Bird songs were always pleasant, watching them sing into the baby blue sky as they flew from tree to tree, kingdom to kingdom. But while paying attention to the little wildlife, the knight managed to trip on a woman smaller than him. Of course, there was a high chance she could fall over due to the size of the man she ran into, he instinctively shot out a hand to grab the woman's until realizing who it was. No average woman in town would have this soft of skin nor be this well dressed. "My apologies madam," Levi finally spoke up again, making sure she had her balance before placing his left hand on his stomach and his right hand behind his back, taking a small bow. Sometimes things like that could bring attention, but thankfully no one noticed or seemed to care that there were the Princess and a royal guard in the middle of a group of townspeople. Just everyday life.
.KeithKogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rae sanders » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 am

cecelia de luca princess ;; 19 ;; tagged: Levi
════════════════════════════
Cecelia was searching through a few weaved baskets, smiling, touching the material, complimenting the sales woman. She turned, seeing a few of the royal guards, and remembered that she had indeed snuck out, she tucked her head down and away as she passed them, not exactly wanting to be scolded this early in the morning for her care free spirits.
She moved along, seeing where a small child was selling a jar of hard candies that were supposed to taste like cinnamon. She smiled, leaned down and offered a coin in a treaty to him. He smiled up at her, handed the jar to her, and he squealed with delight as he scampered off to a near by quilt shop to show his mother.
She began to turn and felt a large figure knock into her. She gave a low shriek as she begun to fall until the hand had reached out, grabbing her, sending half of the just bought candies flying out of the jar. She looked up to see Levi, who had not been in armor luckily. As he let go and begun to bow, she put a finger up to her lips, "shh, the guards do not know I'm here."
She hoped that the knight would be on her side, not giving her up to them, as she was only trying to live her life a bit. She felt a tug at her cape, which send pressure also to the hooded part that hung over her head. She looked down at the young boy that had earlier sold her the candies, and in his small hands were some more candies, having seen what happened, he was offering more to the princess for free. She fished into her cloak pocket, pulling out another coin, "I cannot accept if unless you take this from me." She smiled to the smaller figure, and exchanged once again, him pouring what was in his hands into her jar and taking the coin. She stood straight once more as he returned to shop and looked to Levi, her blue eyes studying him.
rae sanders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkietalkie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:47 am

Phillip Marshall \\ Stable Boy \\ Mentions: n/a
Phillip had been engrossed in his work already, using a pitchfork to clean out one of the stables. The hay was damp from a recent shower that had leaked in through the roof. The problem with that was wet hay was actually more susceptible to lighting a fire than dry hay.

Thus Phillip proceeded to scrape all the hay, as much as he could with such a useless tool. This pitchfork was missing two of the spokes, making it much harder to get anything done. Phillip was unsure why it hadn't been replaced. These were royal stables, not public ones. He was positive they could afford a new set of everything, even boots. The ones he had on now were also a little worn down, to say the least.

It wasn't a matter of ungratefulness, just a thought on how to improve the workforce. Phillip was certainly thankful he could use the boots the stables provided. It was something he didn't have to spend on, and that was always a good thing for him. For even though Phillip had a good wage, it was good by stablehand measurements only. Being a stablehand was obviously not the most luxurious job, and some would even dare to say it was a peasants' job.

He thought about all of this as he mucked, until he was satisfied with the condition of the stall. Preparing to finish washing and restocking both the pitchfork and boots, Phillip became aware of movement in his pocket again. No longer laboring, he reached inside the pocket to investigate. Pulling his hand back out he saw a worm squirming in his palm. He didn't need to examine the slice to know the worm had been hiding inside.

This presented two options. Phillip could keep the apple, or buy a new one.

Looking through the nearest window, the sky was already its signature periwinkle. If Phillip took the apple now he would risk the chance of not making it to the vendor in time. Not to mention he would have to pay for a second fruit. Alternatively, he could complain about the condition he received the purchase in and possibly get a free apple for compensation. It was much easier to forget that and keep the half.

That didn't stop him from getting his coat, his shoes, and another coin. It was silly such a trivial thing mattered, but it concerned a horse. That was always involved somehow.

So the stable boy wandered into the village, looking into shops curiously, but making his way across all the paths to reach the apple seller.
hawkietalkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⊱ Evaline Clarke

Postby spotthecow » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:54 am

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
          EVALINE CLARKE
          ╚═════════════════════════════════╝
          the seamstress :: eighteen ::tagged w/; lily
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
        xxxxx As Evaline sat on the small rustic bench she swayed her feet back and forth for a moment, her green eyes watching as the town became to come alive with folks of all ages. She gave a few kind gestured waves, recognizing most of them as many were customers that had often stopped by the little brick shop. A few young girls with ribbon bows in their hair had stopped and spoke to Evaline, all giggly and excited about how lovely the dresses the seamstress had begun to make for them were going to be. The snow-blonde laughed softly with them, yet soon had taken note of the empty tin buckets in their hands. "You better get those buckets filled up for your mothers, you wouldn't want them to wait any longer then they must," she said with a warm smile, shooing the girls away from her and towards the well near the center of the town as she stood.

The seamstress then realized that she hadn't eaten breakfast, stomach growling at the sight of the fruits at a small outdoor booth. She smiled politely to the man who was running it and reached into her dress pocket, pulling out a coin to exchange it for some ripened raspberries, held tightly in a fabric napkin. Evaline soon walked to the bakery, it seemed not to be too busy yet, but there were a few people in line. She waited patiently, eyes casting glances to the windows as she continued to watch the townspeople for a brief moment. A grumpy man behind her assumed she was daydreaming so he called her out in a deep, growl-like voice, "Girl, what are you doing?" Her eyes quickly looked from the winder and glared to the man as she replied swiftly, "what does it appear to be like? Just wait your time in line like everyone else." Evaline green eyes rolled and she turned away from the man, looking to the counter. The snow-blonde headed girl smiled to Lily as she spoke in greeting calmly, "good morning, could I get two biscuits please."
    spotthecow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:00 pm

! L I L Y // A L L I N G T O N !
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      [the baker girl] [18] [in the bakery] [crush; none] [tags; evaline]

although she wouldn't admit it out loud, lily was excited that evaline had some to her bakery today. she hadn't really interacted with the seamstress often, so it was always nice to progress their relationship from strangers to acquaintances. she let out a gentle laugh as evaline put the burly man in his place, unaware of her feisty and confident attitude until that moment. "good morning," she replied gently, before ducking down to the middle shelf where the sweet biscuits were stored. it was common knowledge that lily tended to give customers more than what they asked for, as the business thrived to the point that it didn't really matter if she gave extra produce away. she slipped three cookies into a paper bag, before pausing for a moment. grabbing a separate brown paper bag, she began to pile in the golden sugar cookies, slightly thrilled by her idea. standing back up, lily placed the two bags on the counter with a shy smile. "would you mind taking the bigger bag of cookies to the orphanage, next time you go there?" she asked quietly, chewing on her bottom lip out of nervous habit. there was every chance that the seamstress was far too busy, or that she would think that lily was treating the orphanage children like a charity case.

darcy_jensen

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Jelly_fish » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:37 pm

|| •Jasper De Luca•||•male•||•21•||•tagged;; none•||
    Jasper awoke sometime later than was acceptable for most royals that have important things to do. The prince had many very important things to do today, although they may not be considered that in others eyes. Yesterday He had snuck into the barracks and hid a few key articles of clothing. He was sure a brawl would be unavoidable between a few of the more aggressive guards. From Jasper's experience, those ones were always looking for a fight with one another, and he had provided the perfect excuse for one. Unfortunately Jasper had been up late coming up with excuses as to why he would be in the barracks so early in the morning.
    That led to him sleeping in and missing whatever chaos he had created. With a disappointed sigh Jasper rung the bell by his bed, summoning his servant. A few minutes later a boy, no older than 15, came stumbling through one of the servant's doors into his room. The royal prince was in no mood for his usual jokings with the boy so he quickly told the servant what he would be wearing for the day.
    Jasper watched as the boy scrambled around his way-to-messy-wardrobe looking for his dark blue tunic with silver embroidery and his burgundy colored trousers. The servant scuttled back to the prince with the clothing on one arm and his boots in another. His outfit wasn't complete just yet. Jasper gave a little cough, hoping to remind the boy of the most essential part of his outfit. The boy looked at him wide eyed, obviously oblivious. Jasper sighed, "my crown?" He asked, raising one eyebrow at the boy. The boy's face turned beet red at the realization of forgetting something so obvious. "I-I'm so sorry my prince, I don't know how I could have forgotten." The boy looked well and truly scared.
    On any other day Jasper would have messed with the kid a bit, but as mentioned earlier, he wasn't in the mood for jokes at the moment. "Don't worry too much, your still pretty new to this job. I can't be expecting you to remember everything can I?" The servant obviously didn't know what to say to this and instead bowed his head in shame.
    With a shake of the head Jasper got up and grabbed his crown. He placed it on his head and left the room before the servant could embarrass himself any more. The prince did feel a little bad for the boy, he had only been working here for a week. Jasper promised himself to stop pulling pranks on the poor boy until he got a hang of his new job, and the prince's personality.
    Jasper was wallowing in disappointment about missing watching the results of what he considered a successful prank. As the prince was mulling over the problems of not waking up very early he arrived at the room where he was supposed to eat breakfast with his family. He knew he was late but couldn't bring himself to care. After all, he had been late to family breakfast almost every day of his life, no point in changing that now.he nodded his head in greeting to his parents before sitting down next to his mother.
    Jelly_fish

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

( ☽ - Levi ) Two

Postby .KeithKogane » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Lᴇᴠɪ Bʟᴀᴄᴋᴡᴏᴏᴅ
        ─────────────────────────────────────────────
        [ male ] [ twenty-one years ] [ knight ] [ tagged with Cecelia ]

While mid-bow, his emerald gaze caught the Princess turning flustered while putting a finger to her lips. As soon as she spoke, Levi understood what he did wrong. She shouldn't be out into town alone, meaning she snuck out. Again. But it wasn't her plan to get caught. Again. He stood straight up again, watching over the crowds out of the corner of his eyes. There were a few royal guards posted at storefronts or standing beside a lantern pole. One made eye contact, but rather than come closer to inspect, the man just smiled toward the Knight before walking away. Without the possible threat of being caught, Levi's attention turned back to Cecelia. She was preoccupied with a small child, meaning that's probably who caused the two to collide, but the sight was rather sweet. The little boy was offering the Princess more candy though he wasn't putting his hand out for money. Even Levi was just about to offer money for it until the woman whipped out a coin of her own. He didn't say anything at first as he watched the small boy bound away back into the crowd, presumably toward a shop but he felt a slight glare burning through his skin.
        "So what are you doing out of the castle this morning Princess?" Levi asked softly while taking steps to walk past the woman before looking over his shoulder to see if she would follow. Because he's seen her now, there isn't any way he could just let her walk by herself. He isn't in his armor so there wouldn't be any suspicion. For the most part, unless someone really looked hard enough at his face or his sword. But it would be unwise to let the younger female out on her own, there have been recent thieves running around. Mainly assaulting women and taking whatever they have. The man has stopped the few he's seen, but plenty is found out about afterward. And if the Princess was assaulted or kidnapped, plenty of things would go south.

After watching the smaller woman for a few moments, Levi went against his usual moral code. He stuck out his elbow to offer his arm; a way of subtly asking her to hold on as well as walk with him. It would be easier to pass off that they were just a couple taking a morning stroll to any guards or wandering knights if their faces weren't seen completely. Not to mention it'd be an easier way to keep her at his side; he wouldn't have to worry about her trying to slip away from him. Then again, she didn't have to take his arm or hold his hand. The knight wouldn't be insulted of course, but it just made sense to offer it to the royal lady. It's his job to protect and take care of them, wasn't it? "Will you do me the honor of letting me be your escort?" A soft chuckle slipped past his lips with a little tip of his head while he awaited Cecelia's reaction. The two weren't the closest as she may be with some of the other knights or other services for the royal family, so it'd be an easy time to get to know her outside of the meetings and balls. That is if Levi can talk himself into engaging small talk rather than remaining silent until spoken to.
    .KeithKogane

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me